[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Harley Quinn is the fourth pillar of the DC Universe - J
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
>Harley Quinn is the fourth pillar of the DC Universe - Jim Lee

What do you think of this statement? Is is true? Is it a good direction for rebirth?

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wondercon-dc-comics-reveals-rebirth-creative-teams-more-new-details
>>
I think Jim Lee is dumb as fuck.
>>
Harley on Justice League when? She can easily replace some lamer members, like Aquaman and Wonder Woman.
>>
She sells so yes, like Deadpool being a pillar of marvel.
Other thing if it is part of the trinity, so no.
>>
>>81692389
wouldn't it just be easier to say that batman is the pillar of the dc universe since harley is derivative of him?
>>
>>81692520
Or at least Joker. She is only popular because she is tied to the most popular villain in comics.
>>
File: 1429367592362.jpg (31 KB, 508x595) Image search: [Google]
1429367592362.jpg
31 KB, 508x595
>>81692389
Why would you wear pads just on your elbow and shoulder

this suit is stupid
>>
>>81692398

This. Most people don't give a shit who Quinn is, and before the Arkham games didn't even know.

She's just easy as shit sex appeal and typically means that the Joker is around.
>>
File: 1460266353230.jpg (85 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1460266353230.jpg
85 KB, 620x465
>>81692454
DEADPOOL VS HARLEY QUINN
>>
File: 1320150161843.jpg (70 KB, 668x1024) Image search: [Google]
1320150161843.jpg
70 KB, 668x1024
MOVE OVER YOU WONDER WOMAN SHITS
Batman, Superman, and Harley is the new Trinity.
>>
>>81692844
>before the Arkham games didn't even know
Yeah, nobody knows about the BTAS...
>>
>>81692844
>Most people don't give a shit who Quinn is, and before the Arkham games didn't even know.
LOL
>>
>>81692454
Deadpool is the Seventh pillar of Marvel

One of the strengths of the MU is that they have their weight distributed across more pillars, rather than their two most popular characters holding up the bulk. To the point that they've made, what, fifteen movies fleshing out a cinematic universe that lacked Mutants, Spider-Man, and the F4. DC meanwhile has nearly all its eggs in the Superman and Batman baskets
>>
she's fucking deadpool of DC, she's getting too popular for her own good
>>
File: 1426100641024.jpg (38 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1426100641024.jpg
38 KB, 366x380
>>81692869

>A movie about Harley Quinn will be more successful than "Batman v Superman"

OMG Snyder. OMG.
>>
File: just stop.jpg (702 KB, 999x846) Image search: [Google]
just stop.jpg
702 KB, 999x846
>>81692389
>Is it a good direction for rebirth?
No, its not.
>>
>>81692389

I think DC have managed to do what Marvel has continually failed at and made a female character bankable and able to carry multiple books so saying she is the fourth pillar of DC may trigger /co/ but it's no untrue.

It made me laugh earlier in the Top 100 thread when somebody said "It will be interesting to see if Black Widow can keep outselling Harley Quinn" When it was BW's first issue and Harley was on her 27th
>>
>>81692927
Doesn't BvS beat Deadpool?
>>
>>81692959
Especially when you see new BW run is about her DARK AND MYSTERIOUS PAST.
>>
>>81692989

In Box office, yes. In pure profits, no.
>>
>>81693012

Be fair though there isn't much that beats Deadpool in pure profit
>>
>>81692990

The only reason to even bother reading BW is the art. The story is so cliche and overdone it's ridiculous.
>>
>>81692389
More like the 2nd pillar, she sells more than Superman and Wonder Woman.
>>
>>81692917
>DC meanwhile has nearly all its eggs in the Superman and Batman baskets

Well at least they're doing a consistently excellent job of producing THOSE in a manner which the fans find narratively and thematically satisfying.
>>
>>81693132

Superman has more titles so he still sells more for DC. I would argue that Justice League is the third pillar not Wonder Woman. When Johns was writing GL he was DC's fourth pillar
>>
>>81693122
>cliche and overdone

So just like the character, Black Widow belongs in the 70s with rest of shit influenced by the Cold War without much thought put into it.
>>
File: Europa.jpg (437 KB, 857x703) Image search: [Google]
Europa.jpg
437 KB, 857x703
>>81692389
>"I get to work with this guy, Scott Snyder, and I get to work on his storyline, which is Batman dragging Two-Face across the country," Romita said. "Imagine taking Batman out of Gotham and dragging Two-Face tooth and nail across the country, and the two of them butting heads constantly."

Snyder just can't help himself, can he? Has he ever had an original thought?
>>
>>81693239
>>81693239
>I want to make Two-Face as scary as the Joker.

E-FUCKING-NOUGH
>>
>>81693122
Tell me about it. So generic it hurts. I also expected Red Guardian to show up any moment.
>>81693186
Right. For all importance and pushing, Iron Man has zero villains.
>>
>>81693132
>More like the 2nd pillar, she sells more than Superman and Wonder Woman.
That's not hard to do, a 12 year old with a broken crayon could give those 2 books for their money. I always wondered why DC didn't just change their name to Batman and a bunch of other people Inc.
>>
>>81692917
>Deadpool is the Seventh pillar of Marvel

Expect his rank to go up following the success of his movie.
>>
>>81692838
She's in some kind of roller derby fightclub
No joke, that's legit one of her jobs in her ongoing
>>
>>81693381
it's not about rank, it's about chronology
>>
>>81693367
Their name is "DC", you know, from "Detective Comics".
>>
She is the most popular female character in comic books and by far the most interesting character in capeshit other than Peter Parker.

Jim Lee's goddamn right she's the fourth pillar of DC, she is already more popular among the comic book crowd than Superman or Wonder Woman. Heck, I wouldn't be surprisef if among superhero characters in general, she'd be third in popularity behind only Batman and Spider-Man. Maybe, MAYBE tied with Iron Man for the time being.

And shit, can you IMAGINE how popular Harley will be after the Suicide Squad movie? All the MCU has in terms of female characters is boring-ass Black Widow. Mark my words, Harley is going to blow her out of the water and she will be modern capekino's greatest sex symbol.

Like, she's going to make Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman look like a Lois Lane role. I'm fully expecting Warner Bros. to announce a solo movie for her before September and I'm fully expecting that solo movie to rake in a billion and a half EASILY.

So yeah, DC got tremendously lucky when Timm & Dini handed this character to them on a silver platter. And as much as /co/ whines about nuHarley, DC's been pushing her HARD since the reboot and it's paying off. They know what they're doing.
>>
>>81692959
Well Black Widow has a huge fanbase that just doesn't reside on /co/ - much like Power Rangers.

Say what you want about Marvel movies, but they are extremely popular. And for women their only point of reference for female characters in them is Black Widow. So she gets all of the female fanbase's attention almost by default.
>>
>>81694753
Good that all that fanbase will buy her comic.
>>
>>81693353
>For all importance and pushing, Iron Man has zero villains.
That's why you do smart shit with the villains he has like in Iron Man 3.
>>
>>81694753
If she's so loved why don't her books last long. .
The idea of Widow is popular but her MCU fanbase doesn't buy her books and those who do realize she's better as support.
>>
>>81694776
Well it will be interesting to see wether they will or not.

How much money can you bank on fandoms on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook and the like.
>>
She should really be the 2nd pillar since her brand has effectively eclipsed Wonder Woman and Superman at this point(not that editorial hasn't fucked superman and wonder woman up for it to happen so seamlessly)
>>
>>81694753
Considering the Approach Marvel is taking now with Civil War won't Scarlet Witch, and possibly Wasp get pushed to the front instead of "I look good in a skin tight black suit"?
>>
>>81696281
Doubtful. They're pretty prone to being sidelined in Avengers only movies.

Harley actually has a shot to get her own movie. That's a pretty big difference to what Marvel has been doing with their female characters.

Hell, I'm amazed the crazy SJW crowd hasn't been bashing Marvel for letting DC do a female lead movie in their cinematic universe first. (Wonder Woman)
>>
Who's the third pillar? Joker?
>>
File: 1442158022225.png (124 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
1442158022225.png
124 KB, 262x288
>>81693161
>>
>>81693176
>Justice League is the third pillar not Wonder Woman
Justice League is just the first two pillar working together. Look what happened in the 90s when they took Superman and Batman off the team, nobody gave a shit.
>>
>>81693367
>I always wondered why DC didn't just change their name to Batman
They kind of did.
>>
>>81692389
She's extremely popular, and a relatively fresh character with lots of potential, they'd be dumb not to capitalize on that.
>>
File: Batgirl 41.jpg (673 KB, 1265x1920) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl 41.jpg
673 KB, 1265x1920
>>81692389
Warner Bros is really going all fucking in on Suicide Squad, huh
>>
>>81692389
She's their third most popular character after Batman and Joker. THAT should be the "three pillars". NOBODY cares about Superman or Wonder Woman anymore.
>>
>>81697024
But anon, not muh.
>>
>>81692389
I think what Jim Lee wants to push and what actually ends up happening are not the same things.
That said, Harley has significantly more media exposure then most comic book characters so she IS pretty famous these days, likely moreso after the Suicide Squad film.
>>
Harley leaving Joker in the dust popularity-wise would be the sweetest thing to ever happen.
(I'm saying that because I think the Joker is overused and boring, and Harley has more potential to be interesting, not for any social justice/waifu reasons. I mostly just really don't wanna see the Joker anymore.)
>>
I don't know what kind of contracts they have with DC or even how comic royalties work, but I really REALLY hope Timm & Dini are getting mad ducats from her recent push in the comics, toys, and movies.
>>
>>81692414
You mean the Harleygue?
>>
>>81697179
>I think what Jim Lee wants to push and what actually ends up happening are not the same things.

When was the last time he drew one of his original characters?
>>
>>81697102
This guy is right, as much as I hate to admit it.

The actual DC trinity is Batman, Joker and Harley.
>>
>>81697267
>what kind of contracts they have with DC

From what I understand DC's royalty checks are pretty sweet. Lein Wein made more money off Lucious Fox in the Nolan Batman movies then he has from Wolverine in the X-Men movies.
>>
>>81699063
Is Marvel really this cancerous?
>>
>>81698989
I guess that Worldstorm Wildcats thing.
>>
>>81699091
Well it depends on the contracts at the time, Rob Liefeld could live off of Cable and Deadpool royalty checks and never work another day in his life because things were different in 1991 compared to Wolverine's creation in 1974
>>
>>81693095
Deadpool is also rated r and banned in China.
>>
>A character not even born from the comics is the fourth pillar
????????
>>
Don't kid yourself, Batman is the only pillar
>>
>>81699203
It doesn't matter how you get over, kid. It's only important that you get over
>>
>>81699203
DC has been a multimedia corporation ever since the Superman radio show in the fourties. You know, it's where they brought over kryptonite and Jimmy Olsen from.
>>
>>81692389
Sad but true.
>>
>>81701051
And his flying came from the original cartoons
>>
>>81692389
Top DC books for 2/16
>Dark Knight III: The Master Race
>Batman
>Justice League
>Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
>Harley Quinn
>Batman Europa
>Detective Comics
>Harley's Little Black Book (#2)
>Superman The Coming of the Supermen (#1)
>Batman & Robin Eternal
>Superman
>More Batman and Robin Eternal
>then FINALLY Wonder Woman, GL, and Flash

Top DC books for 3/16
>Batman
>Superman
>Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
>Detective Comics
>Harley Quinn
>JLA
>Batman/Superman
>Action Comics
>Wonder Woman (at 46)
>GL (at 47)
>Batman and Robin Eternal x4 (at 48-52)

...Yep, it's a true statement. Sales wise, at least.
Second best consistent selling solo, typically third best selling ongoing behind Batman and JL, handled a mini with Peeg just fine despite the solo, handling a second bimonthly book just fine so far, multiple oneshots do great too, is the face of the Suicide Squad movie, and is one of the faces of the Suicide Squad comic that they're about to push.

It's interesting cause Harley doing so well when she isn't what people here want triggers /co/, but at the same time, DC failing also triggers /co/. And pushing Harley will just bring DC more sales.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.