[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
trying to actually get into comics. read this and it was actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: allnewavengers.jpg (59 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
allnewavengers.jpg
59 KB, 450x450
trying to actually get into comics. read this and it was actually pretty good. All caught up though. What else out of Marvel's current(or past) stories do you recommend?
>>
Pretty all the Avenger books are good to great right now
Vision and Ms Marvel both have really good ongoings.
YMMV on Thor and Captain America's but Thor has some amazing art
Amazing Spider-Man is fine but /co/ hates the writer
>>
Guess I should also mention I read Spiderman, Ms Marvel and Scarlet Witch. All great with spidey being the weakest surprisingly
>>
Going off the fact that all I know is that you like teen books:
Young Avengers
Ultimate Spider-Man
Runaways
Ms. Marvel
>>
>>81685327
Avenger Academy was pretty good too
>>
File: Todd Ziller, American Kaiju.png (2 MB, 1988x1555) Image search: [Google]
Todd Ziller, American Kaiju.png
2 MB, 1988x1555
New Avengers.
>>
First, don't look at characters. There is nothing inherent about a character in regards to quality of the story you're reading. You want to focus on creative teams, I.E. the actual artists and writers telling the story. Sadly, Marvel's currently at a dearth for solid writers. Probably the best they have right now is Tom King on Vision, which will be over soon, and Al Ewing on his various titles.

You should take a look at Garth Ennis' work on Nick Fury and the Punisher, Grant Morrison's New X-Men, and Frank Miller's work on Daredevil. Those are defining, very high quality runs that you would be remiss to ignore. Then maybe branch out and read more of those writers' bibliographies, if you care for them.
>>
>>81685166
>it was actually pretty good
Don't worry anon, you'll get good taste eventually. I started off thinking Liefeld art was pretty okay.
>>
>>81685446
Is the original artist still on that? He's the only reason I'm not reading it.
>>
>>81685626

Marcus To has been doing the Standoff tie ins
>>
>>81685259
Squadron Supreme is by the same writer as Scarlet Witch, but it's a more light, action-y super-hero book. Might be to your liking.

Doctor Strange is weird and funky again, and worth your time.

I myself like some of Marvel's lighter, sillier books, i.e. Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, and Hellcat. They're not as bad as some /co/mrades would have you believe, but they are an accquired taste...

I'll gladly second the Avengers recommendations, especially my favorite, All-New All-Different. Mark Waid is Da Man.
>>
>>81685648
>Standoff tie-ins
More reason not to read it.
>>
>>81685592
>Don't worry anon, you'll get good taste eventually
Not if he stays on /co/ he won't.
>>
>>81685446
so le funny XD!!!!

shit book
>>
>>81685766
For light hearted stuff i think Ant Man is great, and i really love A-Force for that too. Not as light hearted but Singularity's cuteness knows no bounds
>>
>>81685166
Current books I'm enjoying:

>Vision
>Ms Marvel
>Moon Knight
>Hawkeye
>Hercules
>Silk
>Ant-Man
>Totally Awesome Hulk
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.