[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that X-men got soft-retconned without anyone noticing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-All-New_X-Men_1.jpg (50 KB, 250x379) Image search: [Google]
250px-All-New_X-Men_1.jpg
50 KB, 250x379
Reminder that X-men got soft-retconned without anyone noticing
>>
>>81675485
Well, Iceman, Beast and Angel are still running around. It's just Cyclops that has been effectively replaced by his younger version.
>>
>>81676436
Jean is the more obvious one

A possible Jean revival isn't even on the cards anymore
>>
>>81676482
On the contrary, I wouldn't hate it if adult Jean showed up and kicked kid Jean in the shins for all her shit, and literally making Bobby think he was gay.
>>
>>81676436
Beast has been bastardised and it looks like Angel is heading there
>>
>>81676531
>kicked kid Jean in the shins for all her shit,
way too minor/trivial considering her powerlevel and the massive way she left
>>
Im really really curious on how are they going to fix this mess. Seems like they are getting deeper into the mud with these younger versions that if they dont come back just the same as they came to the main timeline will ceate a fucking paradox and/or erradicate the main 616 timeline because they would be changed and thus change the future.
>>
>>81677333
Like they give a shit about that. Just take your pick of marvel ass pulls:

>They were from a different timeline
>They were from a different universe
>They were really clones made by Mr Sinister
>They were really clones made by Beast
>It was all just a dream
>Scarlet Witch used her powers to fix it
>Mephisto used his powers to fix it
>Mephisto used his powers to fix it, at the cost of Spider-woman's baby
>Jean Grey gets the phoenix again and used her powers to fix it
>Magick uses her powers to fix it
>It doesn't matter after Death of X anyway
>Someone uses the infinity gauntlet to fix it
>A wizard did it
>A Beyonder did it
>The black vortex because reasons
>Sales for their book tank and it ends without any resolution
>>
The final confirmation that all subsequent generations of X-Men beyond the original five were completely pointless.
>>
File: bman.png (687 KB, 759x618) Image search: [Google]
bman.png
687 KB, 759x618
>>81677596
>It doesn't matter after Death of X anyway
>>
>>81677333
>fix this mess.
they will kill off the older version

>Seems like they are getting deeper into the mud with these younger versions
read current X-books, the younger versions are the main version now
>>
File: 1458762207475.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1458762207475.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81677333
nah, that line got passed a long time ago. Because the future had already changed by them being there, the past had also changed, so the timeline they came from no longer exists.

Meanwhile all the major events continue to trail behind the present and reinforce the main parts of continuity
>>
>>81677714
You don'tseem to get my idea at all.
>>81677881
But, I don't event get what you say, if the events from the past have changed, how do we get to the present? Doesn't make any sense.
>>81677596
>They were really clones made by Beast
>Magick uses her powers to fix it
this seems to be what will happen
>>
>>81677881

That's the coolest representation of the shifting timeline I've seen.
>>
>>81675485
>without anyone caring*
ftfy
>>
>>81678812
Ewing gets praised a lot on this board (and not really praised anywhere else) but there are reasons for it.
>>
>>81678980
Bendis really did a number
>>
>>81677596
>>Sales for their book tank and it ends without any resolution

lol
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.