[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, /co/. Tell me. Would you watch a primetime/Adult Swim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Jimmy & George Liquor.jpg (29 KB, 320x305) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy & George Liquor.jpg
29 KB, 320x305
Alright, /co/.

Tell me. Would you watch a primetime/Adult Swim cartoon starring George Liquor, American?
>>
>>81671880
No
I don't really want to watch John K resolve his daddy issues on national television
>>
George just isn't a very fun character to follow. He works alright as a secondary character, but he's just the wrong character to put at center-stage.
>>
>>81671880
No.

Isn't that why it hasn't been made, despite John K pitching it for the past 20 years?
>>
>>81671880
John K has been too much of a turd in the last 20 years for me to have any real faith in the man.

He knows his animation though, but as they say "those who cannot do teach" which summarizes John K in a nutshell.
>>
>>81673291
This. like 2/3 of the humor was him freaking out Ren and Stimpy. Same with Wilbur Cobb. Neither character stands well on their own.
>>
So am I the only one who wonders why in the hell he kept on shoehorning that Jimmy character into so much of his shit?
>>
>>81673911
I'm wondering too. There's absolutely nothing funny or likable about him.
>>
No, because I dont want the first episode to be rerun over the course of 6 years while we wait for the second one to be made.
>>
>>81671880
Yes, but only if the animation is more subdued than John's recent work. I want Close But No Cigar, not Simpsons couch gag.
>>
>>81673911
>>81674057
I disagree. I love the idea of a mentally retarded kid who goes on silent movie-esque slapstick adventures. I have the comic book where he chases his "life savings," a literal quarter, all around town, and risks his life repeatedly to secure it. It's pretty great. He actually reminds me of the silent kids from the special ed room I was in in middle school, except actually more intelligent.
>>
File: barqs.jpg (31 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
barqs.jpg
31 KB, 400x301
>>81671880
Yes, but I would've preferred a mid-'90s version on Fox.
>>
>>81671880
Yeah I'd watch it, but only if Vincent Waller, Jim Smith, Eddie Fitzgerald, Bill Wray and the like were there to make it less boring.

he's been drawing these characters for the past twenty years and they still haven't peaked or done anything great yet. He needs to make something new.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.