[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audition tapes for Davos.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: davos_.jpg (57 KB, 608x437) Image search: [Google]
davos_.jpg
57 KB, 608x437
Watch them before they are taken don.

https://vimeo.com/162094871

https://vimeo.com/155752170

Both are terrible, but at least it seems like he'll have his origin explained at least.
>>
>>81670518
Also, I wonder if they are going for Indian specifically.
>>
So, we can infer he's talking to Danny here?
I guess Danny and Davos were rivals in K'un-Lun, is he still going to be Wendell's, though?
>>
>>81671019
Probably not. Unless he's slightly older than Danny. I think they are going to rework the story to have Wendell die without actually going to k'un l'un, and only Danny goes in.
>>
>>81671120
Leaked casting said they were looking for actors aged 25-30. So, basically around Finn's age.

What would be Wendell's motivation to find K'un-Lun, if it wasnt to go back to it?
Just to find the legendary city, for the first time? I don't know, cuts quite a bit of backstory out.
>>
>>81671417
Going to find it off of a legend, yeah. Maybe he met someone from there on the outside? I dunno.

There's a bunch that they are bound to change. For example, either Danny skips a cycle of the door opening, or he'll have to be older by the time he goes in. 10 years would make him 15.

Maybe he tries to come out the first time but fails, and spends the next 10 training?
>>
>>81670601
It's specified "Asian, East Indian and Pacific Islander".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_FJl6GsZzE
>>
>>81671573
East Indian? As opposed to West Indians? Do they mean the American ones?

I think it'll be hard to find an imposing young Indian that's a good actor, since most of them are rather small and thin. Unless they go full thyroid-problem Great Khali, but that's too far in the other direction.
>>
>>81671503
One of the worst things they could do is change his age. It's imperative he's raised and adopted into the culture from a young age. They could just make it so K'un-Lun's gates open once every 15/20 years. It would change the story that much, much Wendell's actor would need to be at least late 40's, but passable if he's older.
>>
>>81671503
Thing is, if the Hashtag show is right, and so far regarding Iron Fist they have. Orson will be in it, so I'd imagine young Wendell will be worked into the story somehow.
>>
>>81671696
True. I think that if he's 8 or 9 tops it would still work, if only to get a better child actor or something. So long as most of his life is spent there. 5 is still better, although it'll be harder to justify him remembering english.

>>81671803
Maybe Orson tells Wendell about the place and how a Rand is bound to carry the title?
>>
>>81671696
*wouldn't *just
>>
>>81671838
If Crane Mother knows all the languages, I'm sure Yu-Ti knows all the languages. He probably taught him K'un-Lunian, and Mandarin, as well as continuing to reach him English past Primary school level.

8/9 is a good age, old enough to remember a trauma, but not old enough to really comprehend the sort of lifestyle he had back in America.
>>
>>81672018
>I'm sure Yu-Ti knows all the languages
fair enough.
>>
>>81671803
Wendell was an arrogant little shit, and wanted to prove Orson wrong (that becoming the Iron Fist would be the death of him) no matter what and become the Iron Fist. He was also really close to Davos, before shit hit the fan, it would kinda be ashame to lose that. If we do see young Davos and Wendell I'd rather it be a season 2 thing. Like during the tournament as it fits in in IFF. The juxtaposition of Wendell beating Davos, with Fat Cobra beating Danny.
>>
>>81672309
For
>>81671838
>>
>>81672309
Yeah, I'm saying they'll probably rework that. Otherwise it won't make much sense that Davos is Danny's age.

Maybe they do the friendship between Orson and Wendell instead, and their fallout prompts an older Wendell desperately searching for Kun Lun and dying in the process.

I never read the original run, didn't Meachum kill him/left him to die? Cause Meachum is in the mix too, and it would make this new version I'm guessing rather confusing.
>>
>>81672527

They're looking for Orson's actor to be in the 45-50 range, and we know Orson is well over 100 years old. Perhaps, he ate from K'un-Zi's tree of immortality, after agreeing to bring Crane Mother's champion? He's father is an immortal, so maybe he kind of is, too. There are quite a few ways we can have a younger Davos. Strange they they're casting so young, though, I wouldn't put the actor in the 40 range.

I've only read a bit of the Marvel Premiere run, but from what I've gathered Davos and Wendell were still rivals. Wendell was adopted by Yu-Ti (or what it his father?) after he saves him from an attack. (So, I W and D share an enemy.) I think Wendell also fathered a child while in K'un-Lun and birthed a daughter, but it's highly doubtful she'll make an appearance.

Orson won't die in the mountains, NYC by the hands of Davos seem more likely.
Orson/Wendell is more like mentor/mentee than friendship.
He was dangling off a sledge, and Danny tripped and brought his family with him. Meachum could have saved him, instead he stamped on his fingers. Wendell let go, because of the pain and perished.
>>
>>81672527
I mean you can do both, but in order to establish Danny, (as the series is set once he returns), you have to included Meachum. He's the reason why he got orphaned in the first place.
>>
>>81673207
>Danny's Sister
Oh god.. She was a one off in the premiere run and then she was in a really bad mini of Iron Fist from the 90s (he had like 4 or 5 TERRIBLE mini series back then, a real struggle to even read them
>>
>>81674039
What was even her name? I've heard the 90's series is a slog, (there's more than one?)but at least it still kept the character in publication. How bad are we talking?
>>
Bear in mind the script used for audition may not make it on the show, but it goes give us an indication of characterisation, and probable plot points.

> Did the leaked Elektra audition dialog make its way into the S2 script?
>>
>>81675411
No, but it was the scene at the bar and it was very similar.
>>
>>81675769
Ah, right. I wonder how much of the IF lore/Danny/Davos's relationship will change if any.
>>
>>81676585
They'll streamline it. I don't think we're gonna get a lot of flashbacks until a S2 that runs on it's own budget, instead of the shared pool of the defenders.

This season will probably have a spiritual elements and maybe fire-punches, but I doubt they'll do anything more besides narration/exposition on kun lun.

Prove me wrong, Buck.
>>
is the Power Man and Iron Fist run any good right now?
hell is it at least a fun read?
i jumped out of the big 2 a while ago but id be lying if i said good IF run would suck me back in
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.