[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am I the only one who hates what Marvel is doing with the Civil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 633x537
am I the only one who hates what Marvel is doing with the Civil War movie? The comic storyline was so much better than the bullshit they're doing in the movie.
>>
>>81660483
>The comic storyline was so much better
No. No it was not

The further they get away from the comic story, the better
>>
The comic was unmitigated garbage, and if the previews are anything to go by, the movie will be miles better
>>
File: plululu.jpg (34 KB, 274x272) Image search: [Google]
plululu.jpg
34 KB, 274x272
>>81660483
>The comic storyline was so much better
>>
>>81660483
0/10
>>
The comic reeked of "Edgy" since it starts with blowing up a school over superficial reasons. "You got a zit showing"

Cap does a dirty handshake instead of talking it out with Tony.

"Lindsey and Paris are waiting upstairs for you Johnny"
"The sex was good for your immune system"

Have people ever actually sat down and read this? It's full of Bayism. Hell, it almost reads like a stereotype of Americans, what with Cap literally buying that one pilot burgers.
>>
File: 1373584032005.jpg (38 KB, 400x704) Image search: [Google]
1373584032005.jpg
38 KB, 400x704
>>81660483
Is this bait? I swear I can't tell anymore.
>>
>>81660483
>Civil War
>Good

You can only choose one, Anon.
>>
Let's change this shitty topic.
If Hulk and Thor would have been in the civil war movie, which side would each one take?
>>
File: thor cap.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
thor cap.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>81660736
I would've said Banner would go with Tony, but then you have Ross on the registration side.

Thor is clearly bros with Cap and finds Tony annoying. They work together a lot in the Avengers movies, they had all those combos in AoU and they obviously respect eachother.
>>
>>81660787
>Thor is clearly bros with Cap and finds Tony annoying. They work together a lot in the Avengers movies, they had all those combos in AoU and they obviously respect eachother.
But would he take the visionless side?
>>
>>81660845
Yes, he probably wants nothing to do with the whole registering superhero shit.

By the way, does the registration act apply to Thor and other alien beings? I never read the comic and everyone saying how shit it is makes me not want to start it.
>>
Civil war only wasn't completely panned because that god-awful zombie shit that was going at the same time
>>
I think antman is gonna switch to Tony's side loke how Pym was his second in command in the comics. Then Cap will get Widow and Spidey.
>>
>>81660922
Pym really hates Stark in the MCU though. Scott is apparently a Cap fanboy in this movie, so I don't think he'll switch sides.
>>
>>81660964
After all the bonding between Cap and Widow in TWS it just seems stupid that she's on Iron Mans side.
>>
>>81660878
I don't think the terms of the registration act were ever clearly defined. It varied from comic to comic
>>
>>81660993
Isn't Thor similar to WW an ambassador anyway?
>>
>>81660979
I think it makes sense that she'd be on the registration side because she feels really guilty about her past. Russos said that she's very conflicted in this movie because her heart is with Cap, but ideologically she agrees more with Stark. Scarjo also said in this interview that it's not that easy for her character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbiQhAF-X3Y

I think it's a good decision, makes her arc in the movie more interesting and gives her some conflict.
>>
>>81660483
Wait for the movie to come out, then shitpost about it.
>>
>>81661049
Found some quotes

>Of course, with such a tense issue, there's no doubt that Natasha will end up getting involved emotionally. The Russos commented to Empire that while Natasha rationally supports Tony, "her heart is with Cap in a lot of ways."

>"They do care very deeply for each other, I think, as much as any two characters in Avengers do." He continued, "And I think you'll see that [platonic dynmaic] again in Civil War. I think two of the most endearing scenes in the film are between Steve and Natasha. And of course, that relationship will carry forward into Infinity War." Ultimately, the Russos consider Cap and Widow to be like a brother and sister. "They have a real respect for each other, but they're very different and they admire the differences in each other, and they find a commonality those differences."
>>
Marvel events are generaly horrible and civil war was absolute breaktrhough in ebin reatrded proportions of a mess
>>
The comic version relied on each side doing progressively stupider things in order to keep the conflict going, obviously the movie doesn't need it to drag out for ridiculously long so they can condense shit and make it simpler, that can be good or bad. It might not be as convoluted or full of bad decisions as the comic book version, but you won't have the full cast of characters each injecting their own opinion and shit.
I suppose if you like because this is titled Captain Amierca: Civil War, they can technically leave room for a closer adaptation later down the line of Avengers: Civil War, if they really felt like it, and somehow had some deal or rights back to some characters, some crazy studio crossover or something if the higher ups decided an even larger shared universe might make them more money.
>>
>Civil War
>Good
>KEK
>>
>>81660878
>By the way, does the registration act apply to Thor and other alien beings?
Ostensibly, but most of them just laughed at the thought. The only people is really effected where the 'little guys' at street level because the people that could tank a bullet and fly to another planet were either conveniently for registration or dead/indisposed.
>>
>>81660878
Thor was dead at the time registration passed. When he came back, Tony tried to get him to register only to have his shit slapped. He also tried to pull a similar stunt with Richard Rider after the latter came back from the Annihilation War, and Rich just peaced out after telling him off.
>>
>>81661974
I'm with this homie.
Civil War as a comic that never:
1. Had any good starting plot
2. The plot do not carry itself
3. The conflict never leads anywhere
4. The deaths are pointless
5. It do not end well at all. They could at the least had a proper ending

We do actually have something to contrast it to: Secret Wars. Secret Wars had a well thought out plot. That plot went somewhere, started somewhere and ended somewhere.
>>
File: aislinn_wizard.png (94 KB, 251x250) Image search: [Google]
aislinn_wizard.png
94 KB, 251x250
>>81660922
It's like trading pokemon,
>>
The amazing thing about the Civil War conic is that none of what happens affects the ending. Cap just gives up.
>>
>>81662478
And it was beautiful.
>>
>>81663056
It was kind of Cap just actually seeing what collateral damage meant with his own eyes, kind of a weak ending I suppose, like what the fuck did he think the Stamford incident was? A false flag?
I suppose they were painting him as one of those weird don't tread on me idiotic libertarians that act surprised when the police shoot them for pointing guns at them.
>>
My favourite part of CW was when Thing peaced out to France
>>
>>81660483
It has a few good moments, but overall it's not good at all. Plus the character motivations and arcs in the comic would make zero fucking sense in the MCU
>>
>>81660483
The comic storyline was shit also.

>Civil war is ACTUALLY BECAUSE OF A BADDIE AND NOT BECAUSE HEROES CAN DISAGREE VIOLENTLY
>>
>>81663553
>weird don't tread on me idiotic libertarians that act surprised when the police shoot them for pointing guns at them.

what
>>
>>81665164
Did you not follow that militia thing in Oregon?
>>
>>81665218
The Civil War comic was referencing a 2016 event?
>>
>>81665291
No, just anti-government militants that have been around for decades if not longer. I was just using them as the most recent example.
>>
>>81660483
So, bizarro /co/ thread?
ME am so happy about the current direction of the X-men, it's so creative and touches real world problems
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.