[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This event is pretty gud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: marvstandoff.jpg (403 KB, 1596x2423) Image search: [Google]
marvstandoff.jpg
403 KB, 1596x2423
This event is pretty gud
>>
It's a heck of a lot better than Civil War 2: Minority Report Boogaloo.

Dat Zemo reveal.
>>
It's Spencer of course it is.

Spencer on Spidey, when?
>>
>>81659950
Iron titties?
>>
>Thunderbolts: The event
>>
>>81660020
Looks like an armor copy of Chris Evans' body.
>>
>>81659950
>>81659962
Because it's not treated as an event by Marvel. CW2 is their bigger (and happening almost right after) event, so Marvel is focusing on shitting up everything so Bendis can have his way. Meanwhile, they're not paying that much attention to Spencer, so he can do what he likes without having to worry about editorial meddling.
>>
>>81659962
/co/ falling in love with Spencer after one good written book is amazing. Everybody was shitting on him and almost everything he is written before. Now? Only praise.
>>
>S.H.I.E.L.D mind wiping and putting every super villain in a happy home
> Somehow every hero agrees this is unethical even though no one really gets hurt this way
> CIVIL WAR II is about future crime shanagins

I feel like if anything what S.H.I.E.L.D is doing right now is enough to split opinions
>>
>>81659950
Who is the old white guy? Why hasn't he been replaced by a pansexual African Asian
>>
>>81660305
That's not true.People here hate Spencer's Cap and rightfully so, since it's really bad
>>
>>81660305
His Cap is awful. And it's doubly shitty that based Acuna was wasted on that book.
>>
>>81660305
I liked him since his Secret Avengers run. He has an appreciation for smaller characters which I really enjoy. His Ant-Man run is good, though a bit repetitious, and his Cap run is pretty solid too.

Seriously, his Secret Avengers run was great! (I remember when /co/ was shitting on Spenser for Kot's run, which was irritating)
>>
>>81660453
It's not really that bad. The return of Capwolf was fun, and the most hate I've seen are people triggered by Serpent Solutions.
>>
So, is Maria Hill gonna die?
>>
File: tumblr_nzu39zkmh01r779gqo1_1280.png (754 KB, 817x464) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzu39zkmh01r779gqo1_1280.png
754 KB, 817x464
>>81660453
>>81660472
>>Spenser Cap
>>Bad
You're just made cause all the truth bombs.
>>
>>81660472
It's really that bad. Spencer had to choose if make a comedy( Capwolf, training the new Falcon, etc) or a serious story( Sam wanting to be more politically active than Steve, the mistrust of the people, etc), but he wanted both and book suffer for this
>>
>>81660494

>Thor's a WOMAN now!

why the fuck do people keep treating Thor as a title and not a name
>>
>>81660494
>Thor's a woman now and that's a good thing
Why?
>>
>>81660510
The problem is that you think that being politically active and comedic is separate. I don't get why /co/ acts like stuff has to either be all comedy or all serious. I mean, Empires Strike Back had a downer ending, but it still had stuff like C-3PO being silly in the asteroid field with Han. One of the big things about Spenser's Cap run is that nobody is giving Sam a break. Everything he does has more people on his ass.
>>
>>81660390
Honestly what's fascinating is its kind of the correct progression of events.

Stopping crime-> Preventing Crime -> Stopping future crime from happening altogether.

I really don't understand that it's bad the villains are getting mind wiped and forced to live in a perfect little town. Maybe if Hill didn't fuck up and put some heroes no one really would have cared
>>
>>81660512
>>81660527
Let's be honest, did your really care about Thor outside God Bomb? Don't say Beta Ray Bill cause he's a separate character and awesome for his own reasons.
>>
>>81660549

I'm not saying I give a shit about Thor i'm just saying that people are treating his name as a title instead of you know.. his name also fuck SJW and their shitty ass tumblr webcomic tier books
>>
>>81660542

To be fair hill is also a bitch with it too

>Tigershark
>His role in Pleasant Hill is just to be a Shark in an Aquarium
>>
>>81660566
I agree, I think Female Thor and Squirrel Girl are way too overrated. (Hellcat is thankfully tanking)
But then we got Kamala Khan and the new Mockingbird book that are actually pretty decent. So stop complaining about the books you hate and just focus on what you love.
>>
>>81660390
?

no hero has tried to shut it down, it got fucked up all by itself because all the supervillains kept their muscle memory and started absent mindedly doing supervillain shit
>>
>>81660549
No and this bugs me for two reasons.

A: Thor is not a title 'God of Thunder' is a title. Thor is his name.
B: I still don't care about thor beyond the fact that Whor is poorly written and coasting on spectacle. This manages to be insulting to a lot of people on a lot of levels and when all is said and done anyone who seriously claims this was a good idea will either have nostalgia or an agenda to push.
>>
>>81660665

Steve was trying to convince Maria to shut it down when he found out about it and talking about how unethical it was
>>
>>81660747
still, if it had actually worked i'm sure some would have supported it. they never got a chance to have an opinion apart from steve since they almost all got there after it got fucked up.
>>
>>81660775
Literally every single avenger who saw what was going on thought it was pretty sickening
>>
>>81660908
Which is strange because I would think some would think it's a good idea not that it is
>>
File: 4914463-6402905669-thor1.jpg (188 KB, 636x635) Image search: [Google]
4914463-6402905669-thor1.jpg
188 KB, 636x635
>>81660549
Bitch, I first got into Thor after reading the original Mangog story arc, so don't you try fronting with me.
>>
>>81660549
Coming from a huge Thor of old days fan, Godbomb was pretty blande. Best thing were his grand children. It was a good idea having 3 thors and king thor was awesome but the story was kinda boring at times. Too much fighting and not enough story building.

Best Thor outside Simonson was JMS. Fuck you Bendis!
>>
>>81660645
I didn't even know there was a mockingbird book my problem with these new tumblr-tier books is that they try to hard time push an agenda instead of just having fun stories and adventures, truth be told I like the art in hell cat but the writing is atrocious
>>
>>81662464
Its a mini series. The first one was ok but it was just a way to throw up a lot if questions about wtf is going on. I dont get the hype
>>
File: 1458134801111.jpg (268 KB, 785x887) Image search: [Google]
1458134801111.jpg
268 KB, 785x887
>>81660453
>SpencerCap
>Bad
>>
>>81659950
I read some of this the other day and it seemed very familiar.

I have in my head one of the superhero cartoons doing a similar storyline: mind wipe everyone and send them to a happy little picket fence town.

I can't remember what it was from though. Was it a Superman Animated Series episode? An Earth's Mightiest Heroes story? Is my brain betraying me?
>>
>>81660549
Yes.

Thor brought us a very cool character, rogues gallery and alternate worlds. Several of his recent stories have been great, hell ever he returned after Civil War he's been pretty great.

The worst crime is that the "new Thor" isn't even a good or well thought out story with a build up, set up, payoff and everything. It just "Editors say we need a new Thor with bewbs". So a character who actually has fans, just get shit on for this third rate storyline.

Rubbish.
>>
>>81660512

Eric Masterson was Thor a few years back. You're a bigot.
>>
>>81660566

Did you cry when Eric Masterson was Thor? When John Walker was Cap? When Rhodey wore the red & gold and was Iron Man? Fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>81663863
Not him, but Thor is the guys name, he may have shared bodies with different people in weird ways but when he turned into Thor he was still Thor, right?

This new one could have been forgivable if there was a proper arc of Thor becoming unworthy with good reason and someone else taking up the hammer for a time. In fact, this could be an excellent story if done well.

But it wasn't. It's just shit. That is what bothers me more than anything.
>>
>>81663803
he was FAKING being the REAL Thor.
>>
Easily the best crossover/event in a while.

>>81660266
This

It's like Civil War and Annihilation all over again
>>
>>81663863
Okay well first off Ironman and Captain America are titles not names, secondly I'm complaining that people tend to use "Thor" as a title instead of a name not that thor is a woman so fuck off
>>
>>81664030
This so much, it just feels like needless pandering
>>
>reminder this event has a likable if not lovable Hill.
>>
>>81666432
If they gave a shit they could have went back and named her Thordis like when she had the hammer before. Oh well.
>>
>>81660469
His SamCap is subpar because he puts politics in it but going by this event his SteveCap will be better especially since he is adding Helmut to it.
>>
>>81664030

He didn't share bodied with Eric Masterson. Eric Masterson was a wholely separate person and was Thor for the MU for a period in the exact same way Jane Foster now is. Only difference is she is a woman. You're a /pol/tard dude who doesn't even know the comic you're triggered by that well.
>>
It was good besides Zemo beheading that guy. That was dumb.
>>
>>81663503
Agreed and what makes it even worse and more annoying is that the story basically keeps saying over and over how great she is while peripheral mentions of her are about how great it is that there's a female Thor yet nothing shows how she's so great. She literally does nothing that Thor himself couldn't do. It's basically a feministic agenda with no real story to back it up.
>>
>>81668352
Reminder that this could have been prevented if people just bought Journey Into Mystery with Sif. They had to pull a stunt because just telling good stories doesn't sell. I hate this fucking market.
>>
>>81668352
She's actually alright in ANADA.
FalCap finding out her secret was tremendous.
>>
>>81660453
Nah, his Cap is great, especially considering Standoff is just an arc of his Cap but with a handful of tie-ins. I don't see how you can praise Standoff then shit on his Cap when they're essentially one and the same.
>>
>>81660471
His Secret Avengers is grossly underrated. No one gave it a chance because it looked like it was just going to be nothing but MCU pandering, but it wasn't at all. Then those who stayed on dropped it when they did the Taskmaster fake-out, but it was just a fakeout.
>>
>>81660390
Yeah, this is a better basis for Civil War II than the actual Civil War II.
>>
>>81668170
See that question mark on the end of my first sentence, that means I was asking as I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure because I wasn't reading weekly so I don't know the Erik Masterson story. I thought he was just in place of Donald Blake.

I'm "triggered" by the new Jane-Thor because it is shit, not because she was a girl.

I'd love to have seen a good story of Freya taking up the hammer and oppose Odin being a retard and there being an Asgardian civil war thing. That could have been cool. There was a bunch of scenarios that could have been interesting, but that wasn't what we got.

My complaint is the shit story and the dumping of a character I like. It has nothing to do with boobs.

>>81668721
That like 3 pages was the only thing I've enjoyed from her whole story so far. That cool moment doesn't redeem the rest of the terrible.

In fact, give me a cool alternate-body super hero that's "normal form" is a woman with cancer and I'd be willing to give it a go. What we got is a mess instead.
>>
>>81668170
Expect you know, the writing for femthor is shit so that's why people hate it
>>
>>81668170
What are you talking about?

Eric was merged with the real Thor and was actively pretending to be him through the duration of his having Mjolnir.
>>
>>81669408
that was bait senpai
>>
>>81669431
>Eric was merged with the real Thor
Only for a time, anon. Then they were separated and Odin literally made Eric the new Thor.
>>
>>81669393
I wasn't referring to just that. I was more talking for her characterization in the recent Standoff tie-in, alongside the moment at the end of that issue.
I agree that so far she's been misused, but I did want to point out a case where she wasn't poor.
If I was writing, I'd pull a "Mystery of the Batwoman" and have it be Roz AND Jane switching off, and call the title post-Original Sin "Thors" to trick people into thinking it's referring to Odinson and Jane, while it's actually about Jane and Roz.
>>
>>81669408
>the writing for femthor is shit
it's better than thorThor.
I see a lot of people praising godslayer like some sort of masterpiece but it's just like a bad fanfiction bent on wanking thor. with a lot of interesting plot points and characters introduced to lead to nothing because only thor matters. This guy can kill a whooe pantheon including their skyfather and all mother and then fails to kill thor.
This guy can keep billions of gods as his slaves and then suck their power and then thor defets him because he's just so badass.
Bat at least they managed to bild a bomb to to fight his plans, right? haha no, they are completely useless and worthless, only thor matters.
it's not much different from secret wars honestly.
>>
>>81669093
>His Secret Avengers is grossly underrated.
Yeah, no.

That whole run is what happens when someone gets it into their head that they're gonna do some P.K. Dick style mindfuckery without having anything close to the chops to pull it off. Much like Morning Glories is just 'Lost/Leftovers' style freshman dormism for kids that think things are 'deep' just because they're murky and obscure.
>>
>>81669632
His name was Thunderstrike, and Odin forged him a new hammer. Come on.
>>
>>81670803
Which happened after the original Thor had come back and resumed being Thor. For the period of time between Eric being Thor's "Donald Blake" and the period of time where Eric became Thunderstrike, he was Thor. Full stop. He called himself Thor and was 100% his own personality, not Thor Odinson's.

Why don't you go read his stint as Thor for yourself? It's actually really fucking good, and that way, the next time you can use info from that run in your arguments instead of just pulling shit you skimmed through on wikipedia once out of your ass.
>>
File: 175px-Thor433.jpg (23 KB, 175x270) Image search: [Google]
175px-Thor433.jpg
23 KB, 175x270
>>81670803

Nope. You literally are just a /pol/tard sperglord who doesn't know the comic that triggered him very well.

Eric Masterson was separated from Thor. He was a wholly separate pre-existing person who Odin named as being the Thor of the MU in the exact same way that Jane Foster is now.

The Thunderstrike and merged stuff happend after and before his being. You're a retard sperglord who isn't even familiar with Thor.
>>
>>81659950
Not it isn't fuck off
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.