[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what the fuck was his problem? I feel like they could have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Martial Arts Master Lex.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Martial Arts Master Lex.gif
3 MB, 480x270
So, what the fuck was his problem? I feel like they could have used a Man of Steel 2 to develop the relationship of Superman and Lex more.
>>
>>81655860
I'd love to see the timeline where WB decided to not rush their shit and actually do a Man of Steel 2 and a solo Batfilm before throwing all those fuckers together.
>>
>>81655860
BvS should have ended with superman being beaten down, and cut by batman as a reminder that someone on earth can kill him.

then a final scene of lex with with a few captured examples of the kryptonite weapons batman created (which by now have been tested and he knows can harm superman) and the camera pans out with him making his own spear and doomsday gestating in the pod setting up a justice league movie

cut all of the martha shit, and have Bats and Supes enemies still in the ending
>>
>>81655860
Ben Affleck could've had the same exact story arc and he would've made the perfect Lex.
>>
>>81658249
That'd be a weird twist, Lex Luthor doesn't exist but Bruce Wayne sort of takes his place.
>>
>>81655860
>what the fuck was his problem
Daddy issue, Inferrior complex, jealousy and some kind of "You will kneel before Lex Luthor, Nigga"

>MoS2 was scrap
Well, blamed WB for that.
>>
File: Snyder Gospel.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Gospel.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>
>>81658709
This is all really neat, but I think Snyder should just stick to concepts and stay away from execution.
>>
>>81655860
Do people really struggle to understand what Lex's motivations were in this movie?

It's incredibly fucking blatant and obvious he even monologues to Superman why he did what he did just for casuals like you and you still don't follow?
>>
>>81658770
Maybe you should explain it to them
>>
>>81658806
I'd be quoting half of his lines if it got down to it but it mostly comes down to an inferiority complex related to Superman as this all powerful figure that he ultimately cannot live with and tries to dress it up with rhetoric about innocence and power when it mostly comes down to him feeling impotent and powerless in Superman's presence similar to Batman.

His motivation is bringing down Superman for his own petty spiteful, prideful reasons whether it's ruining his image, forcing him to submit and serve him or ultimately killing him for real by getting either Bruce or Doomsday to kill him. One way or another Lex's goal is to bring Superman down from his pedestal because he hates being supplanted by someone else. There's also a number of other issues at play like his daddy issues and other general weird mannerisms and jealousy aspects that all basically serve to enhance that core idea.

Of course in his pursuit of all this he comes into the presence of a real all powerful demon and realises just how completely out of league he really is.
>>
His daddy beat him so he thought that God couldn't be all-good and all-powerful and then Superman came along and a lot of people believed that he was like a god and was all-good and all-powerful and Lex hated this and wanted to prove that this wasn't the case
>>
>>81655860
>he thinks there was ever seriously going to be a Man of Steel 2

Cavill's not a box office draw. The first one got by with some high-profile co-stars, but the problem with that approach is that it's actually more expensive.
>>
>>81658709
>Being this fucking desperate.
>>
>>81655860
bvs was also luthor's origin story
>>
>>81655860
They could have just cast someone better to actually play Lex Luther!
>>
>>81658709
Fuck off, this wasn't intentional and if it was, it wouldn't change the fact that it's mostly shit characters in a shitty, convoluted story.
>>
>>81655860
Well, that's the issue. I honestly liked his performance and take on Luthor, but it would have been interesting to actually have seen him be developed as Superman's nemesis.
>>
>>81655860
They could have used another Man of Steel movie, another Batman and a Jar of Piss Begins movie to set up the clusterfuck that is BvS.
>>
>>81655860
Lex is not that interesting to be honest. I'm sick of idiots wanting lex to be some kind of Anti-Hero.
>>
>>81661858
He should at least be a coherent character who doesn't throw his own motivation right in the trash, tho.
>>
>>81655860
Also why did they kill Mercy
>>
>>81665432
1. She may had been a robot
2. it establishes that lex is a bad guy that doesnt care about anyone else but himself. He is a bad guy
>>
File: 1331938139265.jpg (48 KB, 228x268) Image search: [Google]
1331938139265.jpg
48 KB, 228x268
>>81665432
>>81665432
>expecting Lex, a certified narcissistic sociopath, to give a damn about any other human being other than their direct utility to his plans.
>>
>>81655860
I truly believe in my heart of hearts that at some point BvS was meant to feature Lex AND the Joker as the villains, and then they just smooshed the two together into one character.
>>
>>81655860

Why is Lex Luthor acting like the Joker with ADD?

>Oh no anon, he's just being eccentric for the party.
He did that shit throughout the whole film.

>That's not Lex Luthor Sr., that's Lex Luthor Jr.
He still got the character incredibly wrong.

>Snyder made MurderMan and Batffleck. What did you think was going to happen anon?
Good point.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 756x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 756x294
“I don’t watch anything I’m in,” Eisenberg explains, speaking in quick-fire bursts of manic energy. “I don’t read anything about what I’ve been in. I do the thing and I go home and I don’t think about it again. How can you appreciate something objectively when your face is in there and you’re thinking, ‘My god, why do I look that way from the side?’”
>>
>>81665432
Because he realized he hired a terrible Body guard.
>>
File: tealc.jpg (15 KB, 320x266) Image search: [Google]
tealc.jpg
15 KB, 320x266
>>81655860
He was originally supposed to be Jimmy Olsen, who dies immediately.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen
>Early on in production, Snyder wanted to cast a famous face in the part so he could pull a Psycho – destabilizing the audience by unexpectedly killing off someone they thought would be a main character.

>The actor he wanted ended up becoming Lex Luthor instead.

>“I thought, if it were Jesse Eisenberg and he got out and he goes, ‘I’m Jimmy Olsen,’ you’d be like, oh my God, we’re gonna have Jimmy Olsen in the whole movie, right?’” Snyder says. “And then if he got shot, you’d just be like, ‘What!? You can’t do that.’”

Instead what he was made was.
>As Eisenberg thought out loud in rapid-fire bursts, Snyder watched the nervy, jangled young actor and started thinking of withdrawing the Jimmy Olsen offer. And after the 32-year-old actor left the meeting, Snyder turned to his wife: “I was like, ‘Wow, that guy is crazy… Debbie, what about Jesse as Lex?”

>This Lex is a spoiled brat, a millennial intern who happens to be the billionaire boss, an adult who still tantrums like a child, and a boy so horrifically abused by his father that the only way to release his torment is to unleash it on the world. He despises both Batman and Superman.

>No heroes ever came to his rescue. He is determined to turn them against each other. If the world ends, so be it. Lex wants for nothing. Literally – nothing sounds pretty good to him, and that suicidal impulse manifests itself as a desire to see the whole world annihilated, too.

>Eisenberg has no idea how he fits into the pantheon of other Lex Luthors. “I’m so unfamiliar with anything surrounding it because I didn’t grow up reading the comics or watching these movies,” he said. “I read a little bit out of interest, but it was meaningless.”

>This was the exact kind of cold indifference Snyder says he wanted. “He can’t fake it,” he says.
>>
i thought that the movie was pretty fkn awesome. im hopeing that the next movie will have darkseid
>>
>>81658709
This is everyone of us trying to reach the minimum amount of words on an essay.
>>
>>81667184
I think Darkseid should make an appearance in part 2. Part 1 should be Vandal Savage, with his immortality stemming from Darkseid's energy. He leads Intergang and in the end we see some tease of the New Gods/Apokalips. Part 2 we finally see Darkseid in action, and even then if they face him it should be a slim victory.
>>
>>81658192
>wanting to decompress the movie universe so we have more movies, meaning even more bitching on /co/ about "NOT MUH"
Negative.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.