[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In Civil War II, I must say I'm leaning towards Captain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
In Civil War II, I must say I'm leaning towards Captain Marvel's side.
What exactly is wrong about stopping threats before they happen? 99% of threats in the MU are pre-existing villains, and 99% of pre-exiting villains are fugitives from the law with many criminal charges on them that should be arrested anyway. Solicits say that there is now a huge crackdown on super-villains, this is a good thing since these guys are suposed to be behind bars to begin with.
And if it's caused somebody with no criminal charges, you just make sure he can't do anything by monitoring him. As long as they don't go full Minority Report then it should be fine.
And of course, many threats such as Earthquakes and Hurricanes aren't caused by people, so you can evacuate and prepare counter-measures before it happens. Or heck, you can predict when aliens or demons are gonna invade Earth and be prepared.
>>
OK, shill. We know Carol will win.
>>
>>81628466
There's no way Carol will win.
If Carol's side wins, it would be almost impossible to tell any stories since heroes would always know about threats before they happen and would always stop them. There wouldn't be any dramatic tension.
>>
>>81628466
They want Tony to be their new Spider-man, so he's gonna win.
>>
>>81628743
>Tony wins Civil War
>Tony wins Civil War II
So when we get Civil War III in 2026, we'll know that the side Tony is on will win
>>
Gonna have Carol win but make it where they stop something bad from happening something WORSE happens.
>>
>>81628466
which character's ongoing is Bendis writing

because that's who's going to win
>>
>>81628637
All that has to happen is that one inhuman/mutant whatever who is a Minority Report precog dies.
>>
Captain Marvel wins because she's sexy as fuck
>>
That's the plot CW2? It looks weak compared to the previous one.
>>
>>81629376
What will Civil War 3 be about? I bet it'll be about who the real god in the Marvel Universe is: Kitty Pryde or Miles Morales
>>
>>81629820
Especially since time travel, precogs and future predicting math have existed in Marvel for decades, why is some new Inhuman that's ripping off the Mad Thinker suddenly a big deal?
>>
File: 1455815882945.gif (303 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1455815882945.gif
303 KB, 600x300
>>81628425
>In Civil War II, I must say I'm leaning towards Captain Marvel's side.
I'm leaning towards the side that both sides are going to be fucking retarded.
>>
>>81629902
maybe this new Inhuman knows that Mad Thinker is the actual savior of the multiverse and wants to live up to his legacy
>>
File: punishdaredevil.jpg (219 KB, 549x835) Image search: [Google]
punishdaredevil.jpg
219 KB, 549x835
>>81629525
We know that at one point, Ulysses (that's the Inhuman's name) predicts that a hero will cause a bunch of deaths. This causes another hero to kill him in order to prevent that from happening.
>>
>>81630306
you could probably still shoot him without killing him to stop him, even with kevlar getting shot still sucks pretty hard
>>
>>81628425
What's funny is that many of the people on the anti-side happily go with Agatha Harkness's I-ate-a-cat predictions.
>>
>>81630650
Just like you could probably prevent another hero from causing deaths by locking him up, shooting him into space or just asking him to stay still and do nothing
>>
>>81630306
Oh God, If I could see into the future I would fuck with people like this
>>
Marvel bows to feminists and SJWs.

There is no way that they'll let a woman suffer any kind of loss/pain/respect.

Carol will win.
>>
>>81630784
Vision is very visibly going off the rails, her concerns are not without merit
>>
>>81630812
>shooting him into space
because that really worked out last time
>>
>>81628425
Are you serious?

You're not only going to play devil's advocate over the necessity of the concept of due process to a state which is founded on the rule of law - a process which must necessarily have a beginning, and therefore cannot happen until a crime has been committed or been so thoroughly planned that the intention of the accused is clear to a court on presentation of the lawfully-gathered evidence...

...but you actually don't know that the reason it's just a shitty ripoff of the Minority Report is because that was actually a show on tv six months ago when this was pitched by Bendis?

I mean MY GOD, anon, WHAT THE FUCK. Are you FUCKING RETARDED. At least when Mark Millar pitched Civil War he was watching the fucking news and thinking about the issues raised. This is just Bendis writing down what's in TV Guide. He didn't even watch an old movie and rip the story off, he LITERALLY TURNED HIS TV ON AND SAW THAT MINORITY REPORT WAS PLAYING AND THOUGHT TO HIMSELF "I, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, THE BENDIS THAT IS BRIAN MICHAEL, BENDIS, I WILL PITCH THIS SHOW, THE MINORITY REPORT, WHICH IS THE NAME OF THE SHOW I WILL PITCH, AHAHAHA, TO MARVEL COMICS THE PUBLISHERS OF COMICS THAT I WRITE, I, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS"

Eat shit, OP. Eat shit. You fucking fuck. Seriously. And every time you ejaculate, eat that too, because seriously you should not be passing those genes on.
>>
>>81631163
>You're not only going to play devil's advocate over the necessity of the concept of due process to a state which is founded on the rule of law - a process which must necessarily have a beginning, and therefore cannot happen until a crime has been committed or been so thoroughly planned that the intention of the accused is clear to a court on presentation of the lawfully-gathered evidence...
Did you not read the part where I pointed out that 99% of supervillains ALREADY have criminal records and are fugitives from justice that should be arrested anyway? You're not arresting them from a crime they didn't commit, you catch them before they commit another crime and arrest them for all those other crimes they already commited.
And again, being proactive against hurricanes, earthquakes and alien invasions is a good thing.
>>
File: 1453566886466.png (602 KB, 526x897) Image search: [Google]
1453566886466.png
602 KB, 526x897
>>81629736
UNF
>>
>tony declares war on the Inhumans over this guy

What was he thinking?
>>
>>81631714
>CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT
>>
>>81631787
Except in the inevitable Inhumans v X men event where Cyclops will be "wrong"
>>
>>81628425
Just the fact that these predictions are coming from a dirty inhuman makes them less than reliable. What if Jean Grey decides to give him a fake vision of someone being gay? What if this guy's visions aren't 100% reliable? What if this guy uses this to fuck with people he doesn't like? It's impossible to prove or disprove an uncommitted crime and who knows what this faggot's agenda might be.
>>
>>81631927
>Except in the inevitable Inhumans v X men
We're already getting that in Civil War II. The X-Men are a bunch of paranoid morons who think that the Inhumans having a precog means that mutants will become extinct.
>>
>>81632085
Not to mention he looks like an absolute fuckboi.
>>
File: 1459381629886.jpg (483 KB, 1264x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459381629886.jpg
483 KB, 1264x1920
>>81632278
He looks lost and confused
>>
>>81632361
>What am I doing here?
>I just got my powers yesterday and now these guys I see on TV are fighting over me
>My feet hurt
>I wish I was back home playing videogames
>>
>>81632361
>make him the focal point of the superhero community's
>attract every single fucking super-villain in the world trying to either capture or kill this guy
He's just some random dude that probably would have lived a happy and full life, but nope. Inhumans give him powers he doesn't want then turn him into the generic event macguffin that everyone's after for their own ends.

Thus continuing the long tradition of making the superheroes look like fucking assholes in Civil War.
>>
when u think of it tho...punishing someone for a crime they will commit before they commit it is, technically, a crime in and of itself, therefore, you should punish yourself for the punishment you will commit
>>
>>81632859
https://youtu.be/kNT8FARUiCc?t=19m44s
>>
>>81632859
AGAIN. The vast majority of super-villains have already committed crimes and are fugitives so there's nothing wrong with arresting them.
>>
they've never arrested them many times before though, why bother now? and what of the non-super villains?
>>
>>81633134
>>81633049
oops
>>
>>81633134
>they've never arrested them many times before though, why bother now?
Because thanks to the precog they now know exactly where they're gonna be.

>and what of the non-super villains?
Yeah, that's another issue. That's probably where Tony's side will get its main objections from.
>>
>>81633220
i'm sure stark has some super-villain finder machine somewhere. they've never had trouble finding where the villains were before. doctor doom was literally the dictator of a small country, but suddenly they couldn't punish him because of "international laws"
>>
>>81633325
>they've never had trouble finding where the villains were before
They do, all the time. Having trouble finding villains is a very common plot point. Usually the hero only finds the villain because he comes out of hiding to commit crimes.

>doctor doom was literally the dictator of a small country, but suddenly they couldn't punish him because of "international laws"
Well yeah, you can't just go to North Korea and arrest Kim-Kong Il
>>
>>81633439
doctor doom and kim-jong un are quite different in the fact that kim-jong un hasn't committed a crime in a different country, or fought superheroes
>>
>>81633526
Latveria has WMDs, nobody wants to mess with Doom
>>
>>81628637
She will "win" like Ironman "won".
Her side will overpower the other, but fail to fulfill her actual objective and only maintain a slight power in the new status quo.
>>
>>81633832
>and only maintain a slight power in the new status quo.

Until the next Major Comic Book Crossover Event, you mean.
>>
>>81633439
>you can't just go to North Korea and arrest Kim-Kong Il
kinda hard to arrest a dead guy
>>
>>81628425
If I were Thanos & had the Mind & Time gem, I'd send some poor schmuck dire visions of a catastrophe that I engineered.

Boom! Event happens. Schmuck predicted it. Boom! happens 6 more times. Schmuck is looking like Nostradamus here... Thanos makes it look like a Superhero is going to cause the next Boom!

How would you like to be the poor bastard who Thanos framed.

Hell Mr Sinister or any Rich Telepath could pull stunts like this & frame anyone he wanted to.
>>
>>81633799
thor destroyed them once, he could have fucked him up there and then but he didn't
>>
It looks like Bendis will have all his favs on Team Iron Man's side with Miles being the exception (lol watch him switch for pottery).
>>
It's also going to end with Ulysses joining the GotG and being Kitty's new husbando now that Humphries is leaving and he is the one who made Kitty/Quill happen but now Bendis can have his waifu with his perfect OC.

And they will cuck Douche-Lord
>>
File: Civil War Bingo Update1.png (561 KB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Bingo Update1.png
561 KB, 1308x954
Does anyone have the updated version?
>>
>>81629820
What if Civil War II is the complete inverse of the first Civil War?

Where the first had a cool concept that was handled poorly to say the least, this one has a shit concept that will be well written enough to save it?

I mean, Bendis is writing so we all know that's not the case, but y'know... What if it was?
>>
>>81628425
The correct side is team "this comic is retarded"
>>
>>81634824
Now that's a team I can support.
>>
>>81629900
Civil War III will be about British and American superheroes re-enacting the Revolutionary War.
>>
>>81628425
>Radioactive Man is a full-on villain again
I'm so disappointed, Chen was much more interesting as either an anti-hero or as a hero that worked for China and thus entered in conflict with Western heroes
>>
Unrelated question: Can someone tell me how they retconned Spiderman's identity reveal back then?
I'm currently reading Nova v4 and am at the part where Richard finds out about it, and I've been wondering.
>>
>>81635234
In One More Day Spiderman makes a deal with the devil that retcons pretty much everything spiderman
>>
>>81635395
Thank you.
>>
>>81629736
RocafortCarol is bae
>>
>>81630812
>shooting him into space
Dammit, Reed, go back to fixing the multiverse
>>
>>81635395
>>81635514
Actually, the deal with the Devil only erased the marriage. What actually happened was that Peter Parker begged Dr. Strange to make a spell that would make everyone forget his identity, which he did. Only Peter, MJ and Kaine (Peter's clone) remembered
>>
File: 1434944948685.gif (607 KB, 187x220) Image search: [Google]
1434944948685.gif
607 KB, 187x220
can someone explain briefly (or in great detail) what was wrong with Civil War it looks sorta interesting to me but I don't wanna waste my time if its shit
>>
I feel like the scale for this event is a lot smaller. I mean, the first Civil War at least brought a shit ton of characters into the mix, this is just the current Marvel lineup.
>>
>>81635696
>Almost every character is written out of character
>Everyone is an asshole for no reason
>Character assassination left and right
>Ass-pull ending
>Horribly invasive tie-ins
>Despite going for a "both sides have valid points" approach, they just make Tony's side worse than Hitler at almost every opportunity
That should about cover it.
>>
>>81628743

Never happen. Kids love Spider-Man in a way they'll never love Iron-Man. They love him to the tune of "every other Avenger combined doesn't outsell his merchandise" dollars.
>>
>>81631395
im very ok with this captin marvel
>>
>>81636466
Is Spidey still relevant among kids nowadays?
>>
>>81636372
My feelings exactly. Its putrid garbage.
>>
Marvel's love for Authoritarian control really irks me.
>>
>>81628425

I hope Carol wins. She's hot now, her book is better, and Tony is a hypocritical fuckboy.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.