[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC's rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: DC_Rebirth.jpg (77 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth.jpg
77 KB, 1024x689
/co/ please i need a second opinion! So i read a lot of manga online but i've been looking to "get into" comics for the first time ever (as a kid the only comics i read growing up were a couple spider-man and x-men magazines from the newspaper stand) and dc comic's "rebirth" event looks very encouraging as a jumping-on point to attract new readers like myself. What can i say? That 2.99$ price point on all their books is too damn sexy to resist. I'll be sure to pick up the rebirth specials and create a pulllist to pre-order my books one month in advance. Anyway back to my important question, i need your help on deciding what''s the best option for me from the three listed below:
(A) SUPER SEVEN MINUS TOKEN (i'm not even sorry but from the teaser pages i've read niggertron just doesn't fit on the team, plus cyborg will always be a member of the titans in my mind) 42$ a month for 7 bimonthly titles total.
OR
(B) ALL DC REBIRTH MONTHLIES (cause i'm a hipster like that, think of this as popularity vs. variety) 45$ a month for 15 monthly titles total.
What do you think /co/?
>>
>>81618484
Dude just buy shit starring characters you like or being produced by creators you like. /co/'s opinion means jack shit because we don't have the same tastes as you.
>>
>>81618573
That's the thing though, I sometimes watch the tv shows, films and stuff but i'm not really sure i even like superheroes to begin with and i don't really know/ am not familiar with anyone working in this industry.
>>
>>81618740
Then pick characters at random. I'd recommend you to take Deathstroke, seeing who's writing him.
>>
>>81618740

From the lineup so far I would reccommend:

Wonder Woman because Rucka is one of the best writers and his Wonder Woman run back in the day was amazing

Superman or Action Comics for some good ol' pre-N52 Superman

Aquaman because Abnett's run has been one of the better ones since New 52 started (Johns > Parker = Abnett > shit > Bunn)

Batman because Tom King killed it on Grayson and I wanna see his take on Bruce

Trinity because it's got well, the trinity and the art is guaranteed to be gorgeous because Francis Manapul is too good for this world

Nightwing
>>
>>81618484
>the three listed below
Granted I'm incredibly sleep deprived, but looks like you only listed two. I'd say go for A because it'll have Tom King and Greg Rucka written books which should be good. Though I'm not sure what seven books you're talking about becuase I can see like 8 to 10 different books you could be refferin to.

Also I think it'd be easier to reccomend specific books. Oh and if you read manga online I don't see why you can't pirate some comics as well.

>>81618740
Well comics and manga are pretty much the same thing. But in America, and some other places, the perception of comics is Marvel and DC which isn't actually the case. So there are a bunch of non-superhero books you could try out also. But like manga, the good stuff are surrounded by a sea of trash/mediocre books.
>>
>>81618484
Go with A, but cut out Green Lanterns. The GL writer (Sam Humphries) is terrible. Replace Cyborg and GL with any of these two (bi-weeklies):

Nightwing (Tim Seeley is a co-writer of Grayson, which was awesome, and he'll be continuing his ideas for it)
Deathstroke (Christopher Priest)
Suicide Squad (Rob Williams just came off a good Martian Manhunters book)

or four of these monthlies:

All Star Batman (Scott Snyder)
Trinity (Manpul is an average writer, but the art will be fantastic)
Super Sons (concept looks really neat)
Titans (Abnett is a good writer, Booth is usually a shit artist though)
Supergirl (Steve Orlando is a rising talent)

Or any combination (one bi-weekly, two monthlies, etc)

And make sure you get Batman not Detective Comics, and Superman not Action Comics.

Justice League will probably be skippable, Bryan Hitch is an okay writer, but he's not worth $6 a month
>>
>>81618484
>(B) ALL DC REBIRTH MONTHLIES
And whatever you do, don't go with this option. A lot of the monthly titles are saddled with shit writers, because they're on the priority list, and had to add someone. anyone to the credits
>>
File: Rebirth_checklist_1.jpg (4 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth_checklist_1.jpg
4 MB, 1200x4800
Choose your poison.
>>
>>81619434
>And make sure you get Batman not Detective Comics, and Superman not Action Comics.

While Batman's going to be way better than 'Tect, I think Action isn't going to be that much worse than Superman
>>
>>81621953
>fancy image
Nice
>>
>>81624136
Still, would you rather pay $6 a month for Tomasi/Gleason, or $6 a month for Dan Jurgens?
>>
>>81621953
Some of these kind of interest me. I actually want to read them. But I REALLY don't want to get into comics again.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.