[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were they thinking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: ep1_0032.jpg (62 KB, 1092x613) Image search: [Google]
ep1_0032.jpg
62 KB, 1092x613
What were they thinking?
>>
I see nothing wrong.
>>
It's written for kids whose range of romantic experience is limited and awkward, and they're basically kids themselves, so to make the story relatable they show how not every first relationship you get into works out, or how you shouldn't just commit to the first person you're attracted to in your circle of friends.

For bitter internet nerds though, it was a minefield of excuses to launch into SHAGGY IS A KEK or VELMA IS A BITCH memes.
>>
>>81592155
If it being forced and pointless and ruining Velma's character by making her thirsty for a guy who isn't her intellectual equal and was jealous of his dog classifies as nothing wrong.
>>
>>81592096
It didn't bother me that much.

I mean at least the show started with that relationship and didn't end with it. You know what I mean?
>>
>>81592257
you sound mad.
>>
>>81592096
"Zoinks!"
>>
>>81592314
orange buttcheeks
>>
>>81592325
Like, watch me swooce right into this bitch scoobs
>>
>>81592314
Velma deserves better. Of course I'm mad.
>>
>>81592213
I would probably agree with you were it not for the whole "jealous of boyfriend's dog" thing.
>>
>>81592096
Mystery Incorporated fucking sucks.
>>
>>81592096
I liked that they made with both Shaggy and Velma having their own problems, even when they were together Velma was being way too controlling and Shaggy was way too attached to Scooby
>>
>>81592257
>ruining Velma's character by making her thirsty for a guy who isn't her intellectual equal
Is this the same /co/ who still holds onto Johnny Bravo/Velma as their OTP? See, this is what I meant here
>>81592213
Only bitter nerds would get so up in arms over a nerd girl dating a guy because he's "not her intellectual equal".
>>
>>81592359
>>81592257
So basically nerds pissed off that their waifu is no longer pure.
>>
File: Shaggy girls2.jpg (423 KB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy girls2.jpg
423 KB, 1912x1072
Women just can't say no to the Shag.
>>
>>81592526
It's not about her being pure. I don't mind her dating. I just think she deserves someone at least as intelligent as she is. I would prefer her with pretty much any human character except Shaggy. At least with how it was written in MI.
>>
>>81592096
Am I glad that he's frozen in there and we're out here and he's the sheriff and that we're frozen out here and we're in there and-
I just remembered; we're out here.

What I want to know is: where's the caveman?
>>
>>81592596
She's a cartoon bro
>>
>>81592490
It's not just that he's not as smart s her, it's that they made Velma insecure, possessive, and jealous of his dog. It was pathetic to watch.

But I have no problems with the Johnny Bravo thing. It was funny. If the MI relationship had been funny and not fun of drama I would have liked that too.
>>
File: Hot_dog_water.png (60 KB, 166x352) Image search: [Google]
Hot_dog_water.png
60 KB, 166x352
>>
>>81592573
The main problem is that we measure the quality of Shaggy by our own universe standards. They live in an alternate universe where maybe Shaggy is your average alpha male, leader of the football team.
>>
>>81592650
I don't think anyone disputes that here.
>>
Anyways, I've vented now. I really have nothing more to say. I actually didn't hate the show outside of that one glaring detail. But I know I am pretty much alone in my irrational hatred of how that relationship was handled.
>>
>>81592652
Isn't Velma 15 years old?
>>
>>81593101

It's because the complaint feels a bit like nitpicking. Mystery Inc was bafflingly good and came out of nowhere. They did their thing, had an actual "end" and wrapped it up so nicely with the original.

We need MORE of that. More of that kind of consistency within our shows.
>>
>>81592096
With their dicks.
>>
Didn't they imply that she only dated and pushed Shaggy because she was insecure about being a lesbian and tried to force herself as being straight?
>>
>>81592289
>I mean at least the show started with that relationship and didn't end with it. You know what I mean?

"Jinkies, yes. Marcie and I had our ups and downs—there was that I-don't-know-I-died-in-another-timeline thing, and I was kind of quick to cut out for Miskatonic... but now that I've got her here, we ship ourselves, too."
>>
>>81594297
>Didn't they imply that she only dated and pushed Shaggy because she was insecure about being a lesbian and tried to force herself as being straight?

I'm a bisexual guy.
Upon first realizing I was bi as a teen, I forced myself to deny it—since I also legit liked girls, I went out of my way to really throw myself at girls; coming off as pushy when they didn't like me, and getting into some bad relationships when they did.
Later I came to terms with my bi-ness and could more naturally pursue whoever really interested me, and relax around others.

Velma's journey is sort of exactly what I went through. From personal experience I'd say she tried to force the Shaggy relationship for the same reasons I forced some, but it didn't mean her attraction to him wasn't genuine.
>>
>>81593958
It was good but I wouldn't call it bafflingly good. But it was a solid show.
>>
>assblasted that shag was with Velma

Is this a thread full of Dave Willis clones.
>>
I felt like Daphne and Shaggy weren't that focused on as much as the others. Would a third season have fixed that?
>>
>>81599058
No. The one thing I hated about Mystery Inc was the awful character interactions within their group.

Is there any series where you can actually feel the friendship through the whole group?
>>
>>81595188
It's probably baffling because no one expected a Scooby Doo show in this day and age to be as good as it was.
>>
>>81599232
They really didn't feel like friends at all in Mystery Incorporated.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.