[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is God a canon thing in Rick and Morty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
Satan is, which tends to imply the judeochristian God is, too. So why is Rick such an asshole to him, then?
>>
im an athiest morty do u know what that means?

it means I have an obnoxious superiority complex & i need a way to shove it in people's faces
>>
Because Rick brought all his misery on himself.
>>
>>81582356
because Rick is an edgelord and being an asshole to Satan is about the edgiest thing you can do
>>
>>81582356
Who says God wasn't an asshole to Rick first?
>>
>>81582356
Rick has created entire universes and positioned himself as their divine ruler just to power his car. I doubt he expects much more from whoever created his own universe.
>>
Rick is aware of a maltheistic God.
>>
Because he knows that whoever created his universe is just as much of an asshole as him and Shrinkydink Rinkytink or whatever alien Stephen Colbert was called.
>>
>>81582836
>alien Stephen Colbert
Is he really an alien, though? His entire world exists on Earth. For all intensive purposes, he and his species are terrestrial.
>>
>>81582356

Well, the devil is shown to be a pretty weak and pathetic sort of figure compared to other more imposing devils in other stories. Perhaps Yahweh exists in this story but is similarly feeble as compared to other versions of the character. If so, mouthing off to him might not seem like such a terrible idea.
>>
>>81582356
I don't even watch this show I just popped in to say
>giving a shit about 'canon' especially in a comedy
God's real if it's funny for him to be real.
>>
>>81583235
This, also yes god or gods could be real but total dicks like Rick is when he creates a world. Just like Rick isn't worthy of respect in that episode a god might not be. And Rick is a hypocrite too.
>>
>>81582895
>intensive purposes
wew lad
>>
>>81582433
Wait but aren't Christians always assholes to Satan?
>>
>>81583235
>I don't even watch this show
it shows, because this show has a hard-on for continuity
>>
>>81583300
The presence of continuity is not a hard on for continuity. I understand few comedies do it, so it seems special, but some certainly do.
>>
>>81582356
>God? God's turning people into Insect Monsters, Beth. I am the one beating them to death.
>I may be the Devil but your grandfather is THE DEVIL
the answer should be obvious
>>
>>81583299
Not really, they fear Satan and going to hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (307 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307 KB, 533x800
>>81582356
I hope god or angels is the spooky kind
>>
I more meant why is he an asshole to God, not Satan lol.

Also I forgot about that episode where rick has created universes.

>Our universe was created solely for oil-based energy production.
>>
>>81584360
Running gags are not continuity.
>>
How has this not been brought up?

When Rick was facing the very real possibility of death he repented his ass off and had a real genuine fear of god in that moment.

The real answer is that he honestly has no idea if God is real or what the afterlife entails and that terrifies him, but he hides it.
>>
>Satan is, which tends to imply the judeochristian God is, too.

Where do you people get this shit?
>>
>>81584431

He was a pretty big asshole to Satan...
>>
This is a terrible thread.
>>
>>81586299
Satan was a follower of Yahew in biblical canon before he and one third of the angels where banished from heaven
>>
God is dead and Rick killed him

But actually, perhaps I'm reading into it, but I felt that Something Ricked This Way Comes was an allegory for old concepts of morality being rendered obsolete by scientific advances

Judaism has rules about altering the body from its natural state, so what about surgeries or amputations?

One significant argument for legalized abortion is that it's several months before brainwaves start, and even longer before the fetus can be considered conscious

And even though it could be read as a fedora-style anti-religious thing, Rick's particular brand of science comes with its own slate of problems, and is ultimately destroyed at the whim of a wicked man, having been created by his hubris, greed and spite
>>
>>81586299
Are... are you that ignorant to religion and mythology? Seriously? How are you this stupid?
>>
>>81582356
Considering what Rick was like to the beings he created, I imagine he probably met the guy who created him and it was underwhelming.
>>
What they consider gods are probably just aliens or ultradimensional beings souped up with magic/science.
Look at Satan's ability to stop Rick's campaign, he's relatively helpless.
I bet god's some fucked up writhing mass of glow worms or some such nonsense.
>>
>>81588650

He probably got his ass kicked. All the other microverse guys started out by trying to help their worlds, realized they were completely pointless, then immediately spiraled into selfishness.

It's microverses all the way down
>>
File: 1405582632145.png (319 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1405582632145.png
319 KB, 500x350
>>81584421
>spooky angels
ma nigga
>>
>>81582356
It was literally a self-contained slap-in-the-face and parody of the Twilight Zone.

Don't read too much into it, Anon.

The jokes about God are for the lulz.
>>
File: 1439898602738.jpg (38 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1439898602738.jpg
38 KB, 512x384
wondering if /co/ thinks Rick and Morty is closer to The Simpsons or Family Guy
http://poal.me/lxmmz7
>>
>>81589831
The Simpsons obviously.
>>
>>81589831

Family Guy, because it's actually funny. Thing is, those are both relatively weak shows.
>>
>>81588650
>I imagine he probably met the guy who created him and it was underwhelming.
I can just imagine a meeting between Rick and Justin Roiland
>>
>>81583285
give the guy a break, it is a doggy dog world after all
>>
Is Perfect Beth a godess?
>>
>>81582391
>im an athiest morty do u know what that means?
>it means I have an obnoxious superiority complex & i need a way to shove it in people's faces
This.
>>
>>81582895
"For all intents and purposes"
>>
>>81582356
From what we know of Rick's life before the series started, I'd hate any God responsible for that too.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.