[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dick,Damian,Jason and Tim fans do you see that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8
File: 1460098258548.jpg (32 KB, 432x364) Image search: [Google]
1460098258548.jpg
32 KB, 432x364
Dick,Damian,Jason and Tim fans do you see that?
>>
I see it. It's glorious.
>>
>>81582263
WTF Is This Shit!?
>>
>>81582294
There are a lot of kids on 4chan this week
>>
Well, i mean, i assume that when he's referring to it being a dark place that makes him feel sick in his soul, it's meant to imply that "partner" is of a sexual nature in this context, not being used to describe a sidekick.
>>
A lot of characters get compared to Roman Reigns because modern WWE fans are idiots

But Harper Row?

Harper Row is like Roman Reigns
>>
>>81582263
And people actually praise Scott Snyder?
>>
>>81584452
Tynion wrote this
>>
>>81582263
How is this any different from the shilling every other character gets? How many times do we have to be told that Tim is the "best detective" or that his defining trait is "best Robin ever". What about all Jason worship that Lobdell does in Red Hood and the Outlaws? Or Dick actually weaponizing his good looks in Grayson (ok at least that one's funny)? Or better yet, read through Johns's Green Lantern and take a drink every time they call Hal Jordan the "greatest Green Lantern of them all"

Not saying that Tynion's writing here isn't retarded, but it's hardly an isolated incident
>>
File: Batman_(New_Frontier).png (814 KB, 1280x621) Image search: [Google]
Batman_(New_Frontier).png
814 KB, 1280x621
The idea that Bruce even thinks about an ideal partner strikes as weird. He does this Batman shit because he's uncontrollably driven to. My impression was always that he doesn't really want a partner, but he takes them on to protect them because they'd probably be worse off without him. They don't really offer him that much other than a bit of emotional fulfillment and having extra boots on the ground, two things he never seems particularly interested in.

When I think about what Batman would want in a partner, I basically imagine Superman in a scary costume who follows Bruce's orders with 100% obedience. Which sounds like a slashfic, to be honest.
>>
>>81584516
other cases of shittiness don't excuse this incident thereof
>>
>>81584468
And now he gets to write Detective.
Ride never ends, indeed.
>>
>>81584518
Why doesn't Batman build a robot sidekick?
>>
>>81584594
At least Harper won't be in Detective
>>
>>81584754
HAHAHAHAHAHA
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>81582263
Bruce ?
>>
>>81584754
>he doesn't know
>>
File: Batman.jpg (76 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
76 KB, 1024x1365
>>81582263
Does anyone else hate how large the families have become? Like how much does it take away from good story telling to have another x insert character.

I've been watching Arrow recently and seen on screen what has happened in comics. You get a hero. Then a sid kick. Then a tech guy. Then another sidekick. Then a family member. Then one sidekick goes so you have another hero. And another.

This multiplication is everything wrong with comics. Families become massive. Villains become too powerful. The stories become more contrived.

So now Harper is the pefect self insert.
>>
File: HarperForever.png (39 KB, 532x386) Image search: [Google]
HarperForever.png
39 KB, 532x386
>>81584754
Oh man I don't know how to tell you this
>>
>>81585111
>1 Batman
>4 Robins
>3 Batgirls
>1 Iron Batman
>1 Batwoman
>1 Harper
>2 Alfreds
Missing someone?
>>
>>81585123
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>81585111
Yes.

In my ideal canon, only Alfred, Dick, Barbara, Jason and Damian existed. Dick went on to become Nightwing, Barbara became Oracle, Jason died and Damian is current robin.

Fuck Batwoman, fuck other Batgirls, fuck Tim, etc.
>>
>>81582263
urg...
>>
>>81585164
>>1 Batman
And Dick was Batman. And Batman Inc
>>
>>81585111
>Does anyone else hate how large the families have become
Yes. They should kill off Jason, Tim, Steph and Harper. You can make the others work, if not kill of Cass too.
>>
>>81585289
Did Batman Inc people appear anywhere after Morrison finished?
>>
>>81585123
>Cassandra, Harper, Jean Paul

So this is Batman Eternal all over again, but twice a month, and without better writers scripting
>>
>>81582263
Harper Row feels like an amalgamation of a lot of good parts of the pre-52 Batfamily and that's why I don't like her. She is just a constant reminder of things that were done right before and aren't being done well now. Her costume also really bothers me, it looks like a cosplay of Nightwing. Plus with the fact that she can just become a part of the family and take on all the horrors of Gotham without all the difficult months/years of training is beyond me.
>>
He's gonna be the official new Robin eventually. Snyder and Tynion are pushing for an entirely new Bat Family with Julia replacing Alfred,Duke replacing Damian, and Harper replacing Dick
I think whatever happens in Batman and Robin Eternal is supposed to set up the schism between the old guard and the new
>>
>>81586099
>with Julia replacing Alfred
While I don't want Alfred to be replaced, I definitely want Julia not to go to limbo.
>>
>>81586099
I have certainly felt it's something that Snyder wants, but I think it's hubris to attempt such a big revamp at once. Alfred is very much a sentimental favourite for many readers, and Damian is surprisingly quite popular now. That's not even touching how much people love Dick Grayson and how vocal a minority of his fans like to spew their anger in regards how he's being used/treated. Certain parts of such a plan might work, maybe switching one of those characters, but wholesale change I think would create too much ill feeling. I think DC probably is waiting to see how fans react to various upcoming things before actually allowing Snyder to do anything too drastic, but yes, it certainly feels like that is something on Snyder's horizon.
>>
>>81586122
That's the worst idea I've ever heard,Dick and Alfred are cornerstones of the Batman mythology,even Damian is on his way to becoming iconic,DC would be idiots to replace with them with dull,generic characters. All 3 of these new characters are cheaper versions of already existing characters or those who existed in the past.
>>
I mostly think he's just trying to get paid, getting a character you created to stick into canon is quite lucrative right? Don't you get a cut of everything they make with them as their creator or something?
>>
I would really hate that idea. I don't get how DC editorials keep saying that Harper is a fan-favorite. I don't mind her, but I don't like her enough to replace any member of the Bat family with her or even read a solo book of her character.

As for Duke, they really are pushing him towards the Robin role, but that means Damian will have to drop the mantle. I'm not sure how can do that with Damian being so young. Either make Damian suddenly age up and being forced into a new role don't know. Are they really replacing Damian already? He's been around for 6 years and just got resurrected.
>>
>>81586158
Depends on contract and whatnot, but yeah.
>>
>>81586099
It'll never happen. For one, Dick and Damian sell books. Duke and Harper don't. Second, Batman and Robin Eternal is over and nothing of consequence will be carried forward. And third, Snyder's taking a backseat. King is the main Batman writer now, and he's big on Batfamily history. Tynion's job is to just give all the leftovers (Cass, Steph, Tim) something to do. And Jason is Lobdell containment
>>
>>81586121
I admit it's the direction they are moving, Snyder has no use for Damian and Grayson isn't currently in costume, so those parts may very well happen. Harper as a pseudo Nightwing is slightly awkward though, because Dick works as the right hand man/independent hero purely because he's been around so long, he's the first son all grown up, the one Bruce trusts the most. Harper has so little character development, it's hard to see how she could fill the Dick role, even after 26 issues of Eternal.
Duke seems the most assured to actually transition. Although I think Duke might actually be contingent on how well he sells versus Damian, if after 12 issues WAR's sales are significantly lower than Robin SOB, someone might say to Snyder that sometimes we get to make creative decisions, and sometimes we have to make business decisions and right now Damian in the Robin costume makes more money for us.
Alfred has left for periods of time before, although I'm not sure what they could use to drive a wedge between him and Bruce, so Julia filling that space for a while is easily workable.
It might happen, it probably happens, but I think it's slightly ham fisted the way they are going about it. If Harper and Duke are going to replace Dick and Damian, well they should work a lot harder to make me actually care about them, because right now they just kind of exist in the same space as the pencil holder on my desk, I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other, it's/they're just there.
>>
>>81586158
No, they're all derivatives of Batman so they don't get royalties
>>
Not a fan. To me, she just felt forced from the beginning. She's almost like a pointless addition.
>>
>>81586200
I think it's time for Snyder to try something different for a bit. I've actually reached my limit on those types of stories and for that reason I've dropped the main Bat title for the time being.
>>
>>81586185
>I don't get how DC editorials keep saying that Harper is a fan-favorite
While I use "fan-favorite" to shitpost, I think they were just being decent. Same thing with Marvel and saying their shit books sell well digitally.
>>81586200
Remember, Damian wouldn't be first Robin to be replaced.
>>
>>81586200
Dick will be back in the Nightwing costume for Rebirth. Robin SOB sells much better than We Are Robin, and Damian will be starting in two books for Rebirth (Super Sons and Teen Titans)

The only reason Duke will be in Batman is because he fits the role of the "Watson", the audience surrogate that Batman can explain his thought process to. That's what the original role of Robin was in the first place, and that's how Snyder used Dick in Court of Owls/Death of the Family. Damian doesn't really fit that role.
>>
>>81586279
that sounds like a bad idea. Not yet another Robin, please. You have a good one with Damian.
>>
>>81586200
WaR sales are significantly lower than SoB and were the whole run. He's still going to be moving in as yet another one of BRuce's latchkey kids.

Also Nightwing is back in costume before the summer time.
>>
>>81586302
He is just ten damian nedds his dad.
>>
>>81586306
You had good Robin with Dick and look where we are now.
>>
Damian is just ten he can not live alone..
bruce throws him out for DUKE?>>81586302
WHO WILL TAKE CARE TO DAMIAN?
dick ?
>>
>>81586338
Too many ex-Robins creates redundancy. Dick will always be the premier former Robin. Having Tim grown up just makes him a lesser Dick, and DC has no idea what to do with him. Jason is a little easier to separate from Dick, but even then DC won't give him any good writers so it's a moot poi t
>>
>>81586384
"There's a very good question " –
>>
>>81586384
Goliath
>>
>>81586384
Damian's been taking care of himself in his solo just fine. Big brother Dick can stop by every now and then
>>
>>81586384
Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
>>
>>81586411
>Too many ex-Robins creates redundancy
Say same for Batgirl. One is perfectly enough. Fuck if I know why we need more of them.
>Jason is a little easier to separate from Dick, but even then DC won't give him any good writers so it's a moot point
I'm surprised that DC gives so little fuck about his book when it's sell decently, if my memory of Amazon trade preorder isn't wrong.
>>
>>81586450
he is 10 Batman is a monster..
Dick is his new dad now .
>>
>>81586384
He doesn't get kicked out of the house because someone else becomes Batman's partner. That's not how it works.
>>
>>81586430
Still a Better Father Than Bruce Wayne :D
>>
>>81586471
Babs, Cass, and Steph are all different enough. Babs as Oracle is a irreplaceable character. Cass and Steph are radically different, and better when paired together
>>
>>81586502
King says it.
>>
>>81586502
That's how Robin works
>>
>>81586546
You have been told time and time again King has said no such thing.
>>
>>81586516
I think the writing of Bruce with Damian might improve with King on Batman, sidekick or no. Snyder has really never liked the character and it showed, but King has proven in Robin War that he likes Damian and writes him well.
But more Dick and Damian interaction is always welcome, of course.
>>
>>81586539
Except that we don't have Oracle today so Cass and Steph aren't needed.
>>
File: 1457772501621.jpg (136 KB, 807x605) Image search: [Google]
1457772501621.jpg
136 KB, 807x605
>>81582263
>>81584452
>>81584468
>mfw I read Harper Row as Roy Harper
Out of the fire and into the frying pan

But at least it got a lot less homosexual.
>>
>>81586571
Give me a gun and I'll remedy that
>>
>>81586572
>Batman wondered for years why is he called Speedy
>>
>>81586566
King likes Dick and Damian together, not necessarily Bruce and Damian
>>
>>81586590
Jokers pls.
>>
>>81586566
I'm pretty optimistic about him being on the Nightwing over, I won't even be mad if he's more than in Batman. I"m still annoyed at Duke being folded into Bruce's family. I miss when everything wasn't automatically on personal terms with BRuce.
>>
>>81586122
Damian has a great personality.

Morrison's Batman and Robin was great and full of personality.

Harper just feels forced on the reader. From the "who is this" moments near the start.

And she has just turned into one of these "great at everything" people.

I liked Damian's recklessness.
>>
I'll just buy dick and damin books now,

Goodbye batman bucks you sucks..
>>
>>81586614
Yeah, but I feel like he won't awkwardly write around Damian, like Snyder often did. He'll probably at least adress their situation. I could be wrong but I think he might at least do that.
>>
>>81586629
>Harper just feels forced on the reader.
Give Harper to Morrison and /co/ will change tune in heartbeat.
>>
>>81586629
Damian doesn't really work as a supporting character, though, especially to Bruce. When Morrison and Tomasi wrote Bruce and Damian, Damian was front and center. He was the focal point of the story.

Duke, you can bring him in as a side character, because he functions as an audience surrogate. And then can shove him off to the side when the plot doesn't need him
>>
>>81586590
They'll just retcon it again in another 20 years.
>>
My sis says tumblr hate Snyder now.
because his batman is not a good father..
tumblr hates bad parents..
>>
>>81586629
I really loved how Morrison had Damian acting as a fully confident Batman and contrasting that with a 10 year old getting his shit wrecked.
>>
>>81586698
Dami is cooler as his dead..
>>
>>81586572
And I can't even get the saying right
>>
>>81586629
What does Harper bring that hasn't been done better by other characters? Damian could have been superfluous but he added conflict for Bruce, and his background lends itself to a lot - he came wit his own personal motivations that has decades of writing potential there. Even without the link to Bruce, being raised the heir to a weird ninja cult and trying to find redemption works for a hero's story. Harper blends in with every other young adult female comic character.

>>81586698
That's a good point though, I'll grant you.
>>
>>81586471
Red Hood and the Outlaws sells just above abysmal. Not bad enough for cancellation, but nowhere near the point where it can be considered a mid-to-high tier title. It also gets terrible reviews, and I'm surprised that DC's still going with that same title. But DC also HAS to give Lobdell something to write for some reason so I dunno
>>
Child neglect is a form of child abuse, Bruce Wayne.
It also includes abandonment, expulsion, constantly giving others custody of the child just to have your own convenience.
>>
>>81584516
>How many times do we have to be told that Tim is the "best detective" or that his defining trait is "best Robin ever".
Well once would be nice. He's the most shafted Robin despite being the longest running one.
>>
>>81586815
Assault is also a crime
>>
>>81586787
I couldn't find that thread, but it was about preordered trades on Amazon. Midnighter was on top, that I remember because I looked where Midnighter is and RH/A is definitely somewhere high, I remember being surprised.
Or it's all pipe dream.
>>
>>81586897
So is murder, and Bruce covered up Damian doing that twice.
>>
>>81586950
Rekt.
>>
>>81586815
Child abuse is the mistreatment of a child under the age of 18 his son is ten, Bruce Wayne is charged with neglect 2016.
written by Ben affleck
>>
>>81586987
Bruce is way too rich to face any consequences for his actions.
>>
>>81586987
hihihi that makes me laugh -
>>
>>81586950
I hope my dami murdered harper row :)
>>
>>81586629
>Harper just feels forced on the reader

She first showed up in like two panels and suddenly DC was shilling her as a "fan favourite"
>>
>>81586685
It's not like people are foaming at the mouth for Jason because Morrison made him Wingman
>>
>>81586987
This is my favorite gimmick poster
>>
>>81587045
"I love you,"
>>
>>81587054

That was an odd reveal. Makes sense, but at the same time it feels like "it's this also one of the things that got fucked up due to the relaunch?"
>>
File: jasonfagsvsdamifags.jpg (354 KB, 698x1080) Image search: [Google]
jasonfagsvsdamifags.jpg
354 KB, 698x1080
>>81586950
but not the one that matters
>>
Ben affleck
I ALWAYS LAUGH WHEN I SEE HIM BECAUSE HE PLAYS DAMIS DAD.
>>
>>81587054
well, people are foaming at the mouth for a jason that doesn't make them cringe
>>
File: 732631.jpg (168 KB, 600x926) Image search: [Google]
732631.jpg
168 KB, 600x926
>>81584742
>>
>>81587054
I still have no idea where it went.
>here's Wingman!
>it is I, Jason!
>Talia, because I owe you, you have two minutes headstart
>wild Kane appears and kills Talia
>>
>>81587096
Fucking savage HA

God, I really want him and Jon to initially dislike each other. I know it's wishful thinking and they'll probably be instant buddies, but GOD him being rude as fuck to Jon in front of Clark would be the toppest of Keks
>>
Guys Dick is Damins new Dad
but who is his new mama.kory or babara ?
>>
>>81587088
I can't imagine it wasn't something that got fucked in the relaunch
>you will never live in the universe where Morrison orchestrated the relaunch after Final Crisis and the current status quo of Batman is based on INC rather than Snyder's shit
>>
>>81586950
Still doesn't make up for Bruce missing Damian's soccer practice
>>
>>81587184
>Jon punches Damian as an homage to DKR
>>
File: Herzchen_366172.jpg (12 KB, 375x244) Image search: [Google]
Herzchen_366172.jpg
12 KB, 375x244
>>81587194
LIVE YOU - hug :)
>>
>>81587190
Both
>>
>>81587229
I LIKE THAT :)
>>
>>81587088

My guess at the time was that Wingman was Superman, because he can fly and is sort of Batman's wingman.
>>
>>81587190
Kory is already his future mother-in-law
>>
>>81587276
Dick is a slut, he'll have kids with multiple baby mamas

And Damian's a slut in the making. He'll schtup every one of Dick's daughters
>>
>>81587267

Yeah, that's what everyone was thinking. But there's that line about "you can salvage a reputation" which makes Jason fit. But curious that it said A reputation, not YOUR. So it could've been Supes (or someone else) acting as a decoy or something.

Maybe reading too much into, but yeah, relaunch nonsense might apply.
>>
>>81584516
>Tim is the "best detective"

He isnt. He WOULD EVENTUALLY BE.
>>
>>81587569
That was literally his title in either BRE or Robin War (since Bruce was gone)
>>
I just feel like the Bat family relies too much on meta commentary of who they are instead of actual characterisation in fucking stories.

Harper feels like the ultimate representation of that. Sitting through a load of conversations about how she is a fan favourite and can do all this shit.

When has she stood out as a character to you? Or been anything beyond some unnaturaly inserted character?

We get told that x Bat family character represents this or that but beyond the odd story they often feel tacked in.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.