[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guardians of Infinity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: GoI.png (1 MB, 634x958) Image search: [Google]
GoI.png
1 MB, 634x958
Anyone else reading this? I feel like it has a lot of potential but I'm a bit worried about where they're taking things ever since the reveal in #3
>>
>>81577215
>Anyone else reading this?
I can't even remember the last time I read a Guardians book. The whole comic brand sucks now.
>>
>>81577418
The movie really was a monkey's paw if I've ever seen one
>>
>>81577418

Well it's by based Dan Abnett, probably the only worthwhile book in cosmic marvel right now
>>
>>81577665
Mhm. I'm afraid that we'll never see MCUPete get as jaded as he was in the GDnA stuff either. He'll just perpetually stay mostly immature and memey. It makes sense that a younger Pete wouldn't be too down on himself for the first movie, but I don't think Marvel will let him get that low.
>>81577704
Abnett could barely keep up with shit when Lanning was holding his hand. It's more telling about how bad the rest of the field is, then promoting him.
>>
>>81577215
Read a couple issues and it felt all over the place
>>
>>81577861
That's how I felt about Guardians 3000. It just never found a good rhythm, and the art was so bad I just didn't care enough to keep up with it.
>>
I've been out of the cosmic loop (and everything else really) ever since Bendismageddon. Is this... worth reading for an old time cosmic Marvel fan?

>>81577704

>it's by based Dan Abnett

yeah, and so was Annihilators. Let's face it: Giffen was the real genius.
>>
>>81578002
Giffen was always superior to those two.
They at least had a fine understanding of what they wanted to do with cosmic at first, but they really didn't have a good long term plan on how to handle shit.
The ending arcs of both Guardians and Nova were just so strange.
To say nothing of the bloated mess that was War of Kings. Good highs, but such stupid lows.
>>
>>81578061

I think the worst part about their run was how so many characters kept joining the team and pushed into the sidelines while never ever doing anything remotely important

remember fucking Jack Flag? yeah me neither

meanwhile Drax and Bug got completely fucked over just kinda fading into the background. Drax went back to his old costume and basically comitted suicide against Thanos

still reads like Shakespeare compared to Bendis' unholy spawn
>>
File: jack coffee.png (187 KB, 276x466) Image search: [Google]
jack coffee.png
187 KB, 276x466
>>81578212
>>81578212
>remember fucking Jack Flag?
Yeah, he was one of my favorites.
>>
File: GotG.jpg (440 KB, 842x595) Image search: [Google]
GotG.jpg
440 KB, 842x595
>>81578212
The team was a little bloated, but I generally didn't have a problem with it. I thought it worked for a bit before showing signs of writing issues.
>>
>>81577841
> we'll never see MCUPete get as jaded as he was in the GDnA stuff either

Probably not because I doubt we'll ever get Annihilation on screen. There's also the matter of them skipping Giffen's origin story for Starlord and going straight for the DnA stuff

But Gunn seems to think Bendis is shit and he's sticking mostly to the DnA tone of GotG so I have some hope. The first movie was pretty good even if they botched Ronan
>>
>>81577704
But it sucks balls. Not only the story is slow and boring but Abnett chanels his inner Bendis with memes, Bendis speak and even Jew Rocket. The back up stories suck as well except the one in issue #2.
>>
>>81577215
I am but Abnett only has 15 pages every month and has to share the comic with other writer's shitty stories (the Drax story being the only good one so far) and I forget sometimes WTF is going on in the story and have to re-read the comics again.

Also I can't give much of a shit about the Guardians 1000, and I rather Abnett was back writing the Guardians 3000 especially since he left some dangling plots in that comic, also King Peter Quill, Geena, Rael Rider, and Starhawk are missing which really blows.

On the plus side it was nice to read a good characterization if Rocket again.
>>
>>81578562
Can you talk without using buzzwords that mean nothing?
>>
>>81577918
I felt like G3000 started getting good towards the end but then Abnett abandoned everything from that story all of a sudden.
>>
>>81577841
Even if Gunn professes to love Marvel Cosmic and the DnA stuff it's clear he wants to do his own shit and build his own version of the Cosmic MCU universe and because of that he changes some key aspects of the original characters.

The Nova corps for example, I am kind of angry how he nerfed and fucked them over and it was clear he didn’t give a shit about them other as using them as a plot device, Ibalso didn’t like what he didnwirh Ronan.

He also grabbed really minor and obacure characters and completely changed them from what they were in the comics
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.