[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Movie based off the first game >"Lets just retcon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Clank.jpg (81 KB, 610x915) Image search: [Google]
Clank.jpg
81 KB, 610x915
>Movie based off the first game
>"Lets just retcon the whole thing."

Why did they do this? Also, will it bomb?
>>
>Paul Giamatti
>John Goodman
>Rosario Dawson
>Stallone

Wow, that's an interesting fucking voice cast.
>>
I don't understand the idea that if you're going to adapt something, that you should keep it EXACTLY the way it was before. That's so god damn boring.

Besides, Ratchet comes off really shitty and unlikable in the first game, I'm glad they're doing some retconning.
>>
My main question is if you have Dreck, who was in the first game, in the movie why the hell are they throwing Dr. Nefarious, who was in the third game, in there as well?
>>
>>81574057
I mean I'm fine with some retconning, it's something that I guess they have to do. I just don't know why they are throwing in characters that weren't even in the first game.
>>
>>81573932
>>81574076
>>81574119
Because it's a reboot and it's trying to tell a more cohesive story. It's not beholden to doing things exactly as the games.
>>
It might be a disappointment for the studio but it probably won't outright bomb. There's usually only one kids film in theaters at a time, so it's hard for any of them to be a complete and utter failure.
>>
>>81574251
I really want this movie to be good and my childhood was packed with every single one of these games, but I gotta imagine Ratchet and Clank has like no cache with kids whatsoever these days.
>>
>>81574057
>Besides, Ratchet comes off really shitty and unlikable in the first game

Yeah I'm fine with a new game bringing things more in line with what Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal were. Those games are still fantastic
>>
>Done by Rainmaker
>Doing the Sly movie too

How is it they kept most of these designs the same and faithful but completely fucked some of Slys? Especially Murray?
>>
>Rainmaker Studios
>Only thing they've done are a slew of DTV Barbie movies and that awful Escape From Planet Earth movie

Hoohooohoooo is there any hope?
>>
>>81574380
Because Insomniac worked really close to them to check that everything fitted with the R&C look.

Sucker Punch hasn't given a shit about Sly for years ever since they jumped to Infamous. Similar to how Jak & Daxter were forgotten by Naughty Dog cause m-muh realism.
>>
>>81574310
What saddens me the most is that even if it's good it's gonna be shit on by critics cause is not gonna be groundbreaking.

But that's exactly what I want. I don't want every film to be Disney or Pixar, I just want this movie to be fun space adventures...
>>
>>81574911
Naughty Dog got to the point of just talking down to people who want more Jak and Daxter because after making such high art as The Last of Us they're above those kiddie games now
>>
File: slygang.jpg (95 KB, 950x454) Image search: [Google]
slygang.jpg
95 KB, 950x454
>>81574380
Have we ever heard anything more about the Sly movie since the first announcing years ago? those probably arent their final designs.
>>
>>81574076
To set up a sequel where Nefarious will become roboticized and become the main villain.
>>
>>81575013
>I just want this movie to be fun space adventures

yeah I just want Quark being an ass, Clank being a sassy robot buddy, weird guns, and Doctor Nefarious and Lawrence
>>
File: 1405379794854.jpg (20 KB, 559x568) Image search: [Google]
1405379794854.jpg
20 KB, 559x568
>>81573932
>Movie and game announced as a re-imagining of the first game
>still getting mad at retconning in this scenario
bruddah, know what you're getting into next time. I just want it to be good.
>>
>>81575149
>Those games make more $$$
Oh I understand that , it's the part where they act like assholes to old fans. Like Hiimdaisy, if she wants to just do her webcomic that's fine, but then she insults the people who liked her Metal Gear and Persona 4 stuff
>>
>>81575042
What are sucker Punch even working on anyways? Haven't heard a thing from them ever since Infamous Second Son sold like ass.
>>
>>81575043
hey aren't. At this year Wondercon at the R&C Panel, the director (who is also confirmed for be in charge of Sly) explained that trailer was the proof of concept given to Sony and it hasn't been fully green-lighted yet because they want them to focus on Ratchet first.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N47T5ohi_g&nohtml5=False

on the plus side the reboot game looks gorgeous

Also, apparently out next week?? Kind of forgot about this.
>>
>>81575609
Too bad people are whining about it being 30fps.

to be honest, I'm usual all about that stuff but R&C has never been a game that really needs it given it's mostly about shooting and slow platforming anyways. 60 is mostly required for stuff that asks for fast paced coordination, something almost no ratchet game ever does.

I for one I'm looking forward to it.
>>
Gonna check out the movie and check on the game

Never played the ratchet and clank cause I did jak and daxter
>>
>>81575166
So far most of those things seem to be still in order despite not being the exact same plot as the original. (Lawrence hasn't been seen but the last track in the soundtrack is called "A Mechanical Uprising" so i can be he and robot Nefarious will appear as an after-credits or some shit.)
>>
>>81575609
>Also, apparently out next week?? Kind of forgot about this

All the hype/coverage is going to Dark Souls 3
>>
File: shake.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
shake.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>81575709
I was the opposite and didn't play J&D until recently
which sucks because it really doesn't hold up
>>
>>81575709
The original Ratchet and Clank did not hold up, the first two sequels have though. Not sure about the ps3 games
>>
Man I miss the Rated T days of Ratchet and Clank
>>
>>81574458
It's not like they're WRITING the movie. The animation we've seen looks just fine.
>>
>>81574458
>is there any hope
They made ReBoot before they changed their name to Rainmaker Studios
>>
>>81575756
>>81575805

Guess I'll be okay and don't have to worry about the reboot then
>>
>>81575680
It's really a shame they abandoned 60 fps. I've watched some developer commentaries of the earlier ps2 games and they talked about how much work went into keeping that minimum, and how big of a deal it was to keep 60 for player experience (although there were other reasons than just that, such as the engine speed changing with fps).
I played through FFA with a friend, which was 30 fps. That itself wasn't a big problem, rather the constant drops to <20 fps was horrible and really distracted from the game. It felt like they stopped caring about these types of things which really do affect the gameplay and they just wanted to shit out a new title. I would have hoped they could have achieved 60fps on the ps4 even with the graphical updates.
>>
I'm gonna buy them both because I am not responsible with my money or free time, but I'm kinda concerned about game releasing the same day as fucking dark souls.

I guess the demographic overlap isn't huge but still, yeesh.
>>
>>81575741
Why do they keep releasing R&C games against big blockbuster releases?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.