[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Batman >Detective Comics >Superman Unchained >Swamp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 2386605-scottsnyder_564_0.jpg (24 KB, 457x640) Image search: [Google]
2386605-scottsnyder_564_0.jpg
24 KB, 457x640
>Batman
>Detective Comics
>Superman Unchained
>Swamp Thing
>American Vampire
>The Wake
>Wytches
>Severed
>All-Star Batman
>AD: After Death

Can this man do no wrong?
>>
>>81565567
Duke and Harper.
>>
>>81565567
>>AD: After Death
What's this?
>>
>>81565567
>Can this man do no wrong?
Death of the Family
The second half of The Wake
Superman Unchained
Superheavy
>>
>>81566896
None of those were bad.
>>
>>81565567
>All Star Batman
I am confused on the title for this one. Is this gonna be like all star superman and be a self contained thing or what? I thought the all star print was long dead.
>>
>>81565567
Harper Row.
I'm behind on Nu52 shit but actually aside from Harper, Snyder's Batman was good.
>>
Going through Batman for the first time, why does he keep trying to make Harper Row a thing? Also why is his Joker a movie monster?
>>
>>81565567
>>Batman
>>Superman Unchained
>>Swamp Thing

You were saying?
>>
>>81571386
Those were all good.
>>
>>81571386
Hey those were all good. Superman Unchained is a weak link I'll give you that but it's still alright. Not bad my any means.
>>
His Batman after Night of the Owls sucked. All of his villains speak with the same voice. Except for the Joker, who is 'lolz so randum'.

All of his Batman work is a retread of older, better Batman work.

What is with people named Snyder who don't understand Batman?
>>
>>81571484
Swamp Thing is derivative of Moore's, nothing original. Batman was original of Morrison's, nothing original. All he does is ape better writers' work.
>>
>>81572124
It's not like Morrison's, he takes the time to explain his way towards the "big ideas" he wants to use. which is, in a way, better... but his "big ideas" kinda suck, which is worse.
>>
>>81571763
I actually liked Zero Year, because his endless trivia dispenser dialogue works superbly well for The Riddler.

It's kind of like how Bendis speak works well for Peter Parker
>>
File: 2855090-wke_cv1_solicit_d.jpg (119 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
2855090-wke_cv1_solicit_d.jpg
119 KB, 780x1200
I like Snyder a lot, I just didn't like The Wake. Maybe it went over my head.
>>
>>81565597
this.he sucks.
>>
Duke and Harper
Night of the Owls
>>
>>81576594
Sean Murphy needs some award for being the best artist to work on nothing but mediocre or bad comics
>>
Harper Row.
>>
Most of his stories have been lesser versions of previous writers works (Grant Morrison in particular) and his take on Batman and his villians lack any interesting characteristics that make them stand out as "Scott Snyder's take on insert character name". To me it seems that Snyder gets way to much credit,
>>
he cannot write a compelling third act to save his life.
>>
Boring, over-narrated, and every issue feels the same. Can't stand his writing at all.
>>
>>81576594
It went over everybodies head, including Scott Snyder's.
>>
>>81565567
Snyder is too into himself. He writes everything with such an overdramatic tone that it's almost comical. I dropped it during Zero Year when I realized that every storyline was a rehashing of an older storyline, but with a less competent writer at the helm this time.
>>
>>81576594
I liked the first half. Should have just done more comfy spooky underwater shenanigans like that, the second half was miserable.
>>
I absolutely hate Year Zero and the fact that he shoehorns his events on every Bat->>81565567
e only read his batman work. black mirror was solid. everything else has been crap. it boggles my mind that people enjoy him.
>>
>>81577314
I think he will go down as the most overrated Batman writer of the modern era.
>>
>>81566855
I'm he's doing for image with jeff lemire on art
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.