[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Peanuts Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: doit-DOIT.jpg (118 KB, 1050x550) Image search: [Google]
doit-DOIT.jpg
118 KB, 1050x550
I probably missed /co/'s verdict on this; I thought it was pretty cute.
>>
>>81560905
> Ridiculously recognizable IP
> Style literally halves render costs for lots of shots

Wet producer's dream too, probably.

Also, does somebody know if they used different models for different views of the characters, like front/profile and whatnot?
>>
>>81560905
I like that they kept the original style, but also made it look more modern and clean at the same time. I appreciate that they knew what to change and what to keep the same.
>>
>>81560905
I loved it, to my surprise. Not even big into peanuts, but I was just so happy while watching it a couple of weeks ago at my gf's place. She didn't really pay attention, but I was really into the movie.

Didn't like that dance song they choose; felt like something played in a trailer not the actual film.
>>
>>81561079
Yeah, they did. They kept swapping the characters' heads depending on the angle. Here's a pretty interesting article that discusses a bunch of other tricks they used
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/peanuts/38129/charlie-brown-and-snoopy-the-peanuts-movie-animation-cheats
>>
File: Goils.webm (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Goils.webm
1 MB, 800x600
Lucy's nose looked even wierder than it normally does. Frieda looked creepy. Patty heartlessly stole Violet's patentend fist clench armpit stench, leaving her with 3/4s groove which was completely out of character for her as a dance move.

At least Charlie got friendzoned for being a nice guy, and wasn't entitled to a kiss.
>>
>>81561079
It still managed to take them 8 years or something. Hopefully we'll get a sequel sooner than 2024 so they can be more adventurous with it, pander less and reuse less lines/scenes
>>
I liked it, it's great.
>>
>>81560905
>>81561818
the front-hair on those models looks disgusting
>>
>>81561509
Thanks for the link. I have the artbook, but the nature of the techniques involved is explained a bit too... diplomatically. It's nice seeing actual animators and technical directors talk about it.
>>
>>81561503
What was the deal with that song anyway? She doesn't seem particularly happy in the music video, Ironically enough. Did she know that it'd get molested by Peanuts execs while it was being made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCyfBibIbI
>>
File: Galko-chan.png (66 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
Galko-chan.png
66 KB, 400x250
>>81566563
I'm fine with the song as a song (even a bit catchy), but it just sounds out of place while placed over the peanuts movie.
>>
>>81560905
Wasn't a fan of the main plot or how for a period everyone loved Charlie Brown.

Also having the red head girl. full faced, talk about how much she likes Charlie followed by all the kids lifting him up and cheering for him... kinda missed the point of Peanuts

But yeah, it was cute
>>
>>81560905
Never grew up reading the comics, though I know about them since Snoopy is pretty popular worldwide. I did read a couple of strips with my siblings days before watching the movie, so we were familiar with the characters and some of the gags.

We all enjoyed the movie. It was heartwarming and cute, and we really did root for Charlie Brown. The pop song wasn't that intrusive as well, and it was actually catchy.

The one weakness I can point out is, surprisingly, Snoopy and his bit with the Red Baron. I know it was a staple in the old comics, but while watching it in the big screen I wanted it to be over quickly just so I can go watch Charlie Brown and his struggles for the Red-haired Girl.
>>
>>81566563
>>81567067
It was fine, kinda weird in the movie but they used it right since they didn't overuse it, these kinds of pop songs tend to end as the 'movie theme', like with Zootopia and Try Everything, not that they overused it, but it was the lastest example I could think of.
>>
>>81567175
I felt like it was a means of giving the franchise a sense of closure. I mean, The Peanuts Movie is a one-off. Fox only had a contract to do a single film and the Schulz estate are so concerned with micromanaging these things they pretty much said at the quickest, another one would take eight years.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.