[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"OLIVER! LISTEN TO ME NOW! IT'S FELICITY! FELICITY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10
File: we hypercrisis now.jpg (41 KB, 984x671) Image search: [Google]
we hypercrisis now.jpg
41 KB, 984x671
"OLIVER! LISTEN TO ME NOW! IT'S FELICITY! FELICITY SMOAK! SHE'S THE KEY! AM I TOO SOON?! I'M TOO SOON! YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT CW! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT ABOUT CW! FEAR IT! FIND US OLIVER! YOU HAVE TO FIND US!"
>>
>>81559642
Seriously though, was he actually talking about Darkseid?
>>
>>81559701
no hes talking about superman going full injustice on their asses if Lois dies
>>
File: too early.webm (2 MB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
too early.webm
2 MB, 720x400
>>81560048
This.
>>
>>81560790
Why couldn't they give the Flash his actual costume?
Why did they have to drown out this cameo with wind and ridiculous amounts of lightning?
Why did this cameo suck so much?!?
>>
>>81560790
Why did they make it a time traveler interrupting a dream sequence?
WHAT THE FUCK was the flash doing in a dream sequence?
Who falls asleep in a uncomfortable-ass chair like that?
If it wasn't a dream and was actually a time traveler, why did he wake up right after that?
>>
File: alt uni.jpg (140 KB, 821x1280) Image search: [Google]
alt uni.jpg
140 KB, 821x1280
>>81560048
I think it's because the revived Superman isn't able to resist Darkseid's control now that Lois is dead. That's why he's Darkseid's minion in that particular future and why he goes Injustice as well
>>81563849
>Why couldn't they give the Flash his actual costume?
They did though, Elseworld time travel Flash that is
>>
>>81564031
He came after Bruce woke up.
>>
>>81564031
We don't know yet. It was deffinetly not a dream as there are papers flying in the background after Bruce "wakes up" as seen here >>81560790
I like to think it was an anomaly on space time that fixed itself as if it never happened but Bruce somehow retained the memories of it anyway.
>>
>>81559642
I couldn't actually make out if he had visible long hair or not. Also why would he need armor to time travel?
>>
If this post ends in 52, Felicity is the true key to the Hypercrisis.
>>
File: 845033.jpg (90 KB, 400x615) Image search: [Google]
845033.jpg
90 KB, 400x615
Copy-pasting from a previous thread because I'm lazy.

Watching bvs again, I noticed some weird similarities between the "knightmare" sequence and some scenes from the rest of the movie.
-Both in the knightmare sequence and right after it, Batman tries to steal the kryptonite from a truck full of Lex Luthor henchemen (at least the box had "Lex Luthor" in the former) and is stopped by Superman (indirectly by his "soldiers" in the former and by himself in the later).
-The way Evil Superman lands inside the bunker is similar to how Superman lands when he's about to fight Batman.
-The way Evil Superman shoots his heat vision to the two soilders next to Punk Batman looks similar to how Superman shoots at the two turrets next to Batman at the begining of their fight.
-Evil Superman tortures Punk Batman by pushing his chest. In the climatic fight Superman pushes Batman non-lethaly through his chest in a similar-looking way.
-Also the begining of the knightmare sequence looked somewhat similar to the begining of the desert sequence, and both involved a truck with valuable cargo entering a protected area
-This may just be me, but the giant parademon that punched Batman from behind reminded me of Doomsday when he first appeared and had those red googles (pic related).

I wonder if Darkseid is making Batman see a twisted version of the events of the movie for some reason, instead of Batman seeing a distant future. I read in a thread some days ago the the JL movie may involve Darkseid giving the members nightmares they have to overcome expect for Batman who already had his. But it may have been some bullshit made up leak, I don't remember.
Maybe the knightmare sequence is the present of another universe where everything went wrong.
>>
>>81564451
Don't have much to say but that it makes a lot of sense (Doomsday connection is reaching a lot though) but overall I can get behind it
>>
>>81564451

I like to think of it as a little bit of both. It's simultaneously a prophetic dream of the future, (both yet to be in the future, and even further in the future under Darkseid) but it's also colored by Batman's own prejudices and expectations.

Does that make it confusing as fuck? Maybe in terms of chronology and doesn't lend itself to a clear, concise answer, but it's a really effective thematic piece and the whole movie operates under a lot of dream logic in the first place (see: the complete lack of establishing shots and schizophrenic non-linear editing between aspects of the plot progression).
>>
>>81559642
Is this that Speedy Gonzales movie they're making? Production seems really far along.
>>
>>81564104
If you have to pull up a scan of the one time he wears that costume, that's not his actual costume.
Also what the everloving fuck are those armbands? Does he have a duel with Yu-Gi-Oh to get to? This Flash design is a mess.
>>
>>81565255
That's the actual Elseworld dimension hopper time traveler Flash, which is the one we saw
This design has a basis in the comics as an AU Flash and it makes sense to use it
>>
>>81565073
I see what you mean. Maybe it wasn't actually Superman and his soldiers but something else entirely from Apokolips (though the soldiers can't be parademons since they appear at the same time) that looked like that to Batman to further tempt him into killing Superman.

I still wonder if Flash wasn't actually refering to Superman but to something else that has yet to appear and that Batman was the first to learn about, maybe Darkseid himself, and Flash did go too far back in time.
It bugs me that they may actually go for Superman turning evil and have a character confirming Batman suspicions of him when otherwise the movie shows that Superman is just a good guy that others project things into.and that Batman was wrong for wanting to destroy him instead of joining forces with him.
>>
>>81566387
>>81566387
I really hope they don't do Injustice as well, I'm fucking sick of "SUPERMAN GOES BAD" stories. It's the most overused Elseworld setup aside from "Batman, but as [X]".
>>
>>81566387
Also if it wasn't for the "fear him" line, I would be willing to believe Flash was actually telling Bruce that he was right for believing in Superman, like he does at the end of the movie, while everybody else probably hates him if he does come back possesed by Darkseid or whatever.
>>
>>81559642
Did he actually appear to him though? It was a dream, within a dream.
>>
>>81566490

Just because something's a dream doesn't mean it's not real.

Some of the realest things in our universe only exist in stories.
>>
>>81566443
"BATMAN, BUT AS A POST-STEAMPUNK WESTERN CYBORG GREEN LANTERN IN A WORLD WHERE SUPERMAN GOES BAD"
>>
>>81560048
Doesn't that mean Bats was right, then? Supes has to be put down before he loses it and murders the shit out of everyone.
>>
>>81568352
Yes because Lois has is suicidal always needing to be rescued.
>>
Doing injustice this early wouldn't work because there aren't enough other dc characters out there yet
and they haven't built the batman/superman best bros - worlds finest camaraderie so we won't care if Superman goes crazy and batman has to stop him.
>>
how is supes going to be revived now that he is in a coffin underground with no access to the yellow sun?
>>
>>81560048
Nah, he was talking about Martha. The Knightmare-verse is what happens if Batman had stabbed Supes and let his mother die.

The "you're my world" line to Lois is a red-herring. She's the key because she can stop Bruce from "fatally" attacking Clark at the last second.
>>
>>81559642
TSUJIHARA! LISTEN TO ME NOW! IT'S SNYDER! ZACK SNYDER! HE'S THE KEY! AM I TOO SOON?! I'M TOO SOON! YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE DCEU! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT ABOUT THE DCEU! FEAR IT! GREENLIGHT US TSUJIHARA! YOU HAVE TO GREENLIGHT US!"
>>
File: nW323gd.gif (408 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
nW323gd.gif
408 KB, 500x345
>>81569749
Interesting take.
>>
>>81569749
It was clearly this. People that are confused by that line of dialogue are fucking idiots.
>>
>>81566539
Zack?
>>
>>81569749
Nah, I don't give the writers that much credit. I think the whole thing with "She's the key" and MUH MARTHA was a whole big red-herring, so that a few years from now, when they do kill off Lois and go full Justice Lords, the audience will freak out and want to rewatch BvS because "OMG, THEY FORESHADOWED THIS FOREVER AGO! DEEPEST LORE!"
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 300x167
>>81559642
>He must win
>Not let Shao Kahn win

I fucking hate vague cryptic messages from the future as a plot device, their existence depends on the character delivering the message being an absolute moron.
>>
>>81569749
But Batman would of killed Superman if he had stabbed him.
>>
>>81571341
No, it would have been the same as being stabbed by Doomsday. Surprise healing coma post-death.
>>
>>81564451
>JL movie may involve Darkseid giving the members nightmares they have to overcome expect for Batman who already had his.
That would be cool but dreams and visions are pretty overdone at this point in Snyder movies.
>>
>>81569749
Either the one the fact that the vision showcases that Clark is only one death away from being a dictator shouldn't be overlooked. There's no actual resolution to this either.
>>
File: 1438973232889.jpg (18 KB, 151x188) Image search: [Google]
1438973232889.jpg
18 KB, 151x188
>>81571404
So will Doomsday come back at some point?
>>
>>81571496
I suppose it's the nature of the death, in this case a betrayal from Bruce. Also we should take into consideration that it's very likely an alternative Supes.
>>
>>81571501
Well Doomsday is suppose to come back from every death. Immune to what previously killed him and a lot stronger.

So maybe?
>>
>>81571501
I would say no, due to the corruption of his Kryptonian tissue. Nothing to suggest he was healing coma capable.
>>
>>81570002
It's giving writers more credit to say they foreshadowed something later in the movie than to assume they foreshadowed future movies?
>>
>>81563849
Because they didn't make an official costume yet. The whole movie, they were throwing out dozens of plot threads and seeing which ones stuck.
>>
>>81574098
Yes, because foreshadowing something in the same movie would be somewhat clever. Doing a retardedly convoluted overreach towords something 5 movies later is the kinda thing a hack writer thinks is clever.
>>
>>81571501
Since this version is kryptonian, I like to think the kryptonite stabbing him prevents him from resurrecting. As soon as it is removed he will come back to life.
>>
>>81569749
>The "you're my world" line to Lois is a red-herring

That's the one bit I can't agree with. It simply doesn't make sense for that line to be said earlier in the film if he isn't referring to her in the the Knightmare.

More importantly, Doomsday still would've been around and I'm pretty sure Clark would be dead if he'd been stabbed with the Kryptonite spear.

It's a neat theory, and it almost makes sense. Almost.
>>
>>81564031

I think the point of it was that even though it wasn't a dream, since Bruce wasn't aware what the SPEED FORCE is, the fact he thought he may have dreamt it prevented him from spending the rest of the movie thinking "holy shit, I've discovered a mysterious lightning hole in the fabric of the universe.. I must investigate this, I'll can deal with Superman later".
>>
>>81569749
He clearly says Lois
>>
File: the hypercrisis is real.jpg (120 KB, 604x746) Image search: [Google]
the hypercrisis is real.jpg
120 KB, 604x746
>>81560790
>>81559642
>>
>>81570178

DBZ sort of did it right. Everything Trunks said was right, just he didn't know that Goku would be a fucking retard that wouldn't take his meds AND didn't know going back in time would change history to begin with.
>>
>>81571496

It's more because Clark's despair over losing a loved one makes him more susceptible to control from Darkseid

>>81564031

>Why did they make it a time traveler interrupting a dream sequence?
>WHAT THE FUCK was the flash doing in a dream sequence?

Flash was pulling timelines too close together and Bruce was getting memories of a distant future
>>
>>81570178
But wouldn't that make Shao Kahn suspicious of Raiden and avert his killing?
>>
>>81559642

Why would anyone listen to a masked spic?
>>
>>81569407
Your argument is sound but based on the idea that they'd care about doing it right. Arguably one can say it's too soon for Zod, Darkseid, Superman dying, or being forced to kill, a Robin having died, or the founding of the Justice League. They're doing or have done all of the above.
>>
>>81572018
Don't you have to be on the same side for it to be a betrayal? And if it's meant to be an alternate Superman, what's the takeaway then? That this Superman can NEVER go that route? Because they didn't really sell that.
>>
>>81564451
>-This may just be me, but the giant parademon that punched Batman from behind reminded me of Doomsday when he first appeared and had those red googles (pic related).

It was standard Parademon eyes anon.
>>
File: Brilliant Hack Snyder.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant Hack Snyder.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>81560048
>DCfriends are at the point now where the movies literally being an adaptation of one of the shittiest stories in DC history is an acceptable thing
I see we're in the bargaining stage

Also
>seriously watching Arrow after season 3
You're basically a battered wife

Fuck me, The Flash really is the only decent live action DC thing there is these days.
>>
>>81579499
I'm not your friend, buddy
>>
>>81570178
But Raiden already let Shao Kahn win.
>>
>>81579530
Thats okay, guy. We can all be sad together and in our grief, we can become friends.
>>
>>81560790
>>81563849

Yeah the only reason I knew it was Flash in the movies was the fact that he looked like the concept art. They over did it the effects too much and it drown him out.
>>
>>81564451
>>81565073

I like the way you think anon, at least pointing out the similarities. It's like that movie Inception, the dreamer's mind "fills in the blanks" for them with their own thoughts.

And, entertain me here /co, I have dreams all the time where something I dream happens in real life the next day, but the dream is never exact it's just elements of it that happen in real life. See, it... the multiverse doesn't show THE future it shows you YOUR future, like Dr.Manhattan, you just experience emotions or thoughts before the event that actually sets them off. I've been depressed all week, yesterday I learned a good friend died who I've been meaning to talk to... thought about him every day for weeks thinking I need to send him the FB message. And he died. The multiverse was trying to tell me he was going to die, but it couldn't just outright say it. It's just "something vaguely related to this person" because you're getting bits and pieces of the whole information.

So the dream sequence could of bits and pieces of the future, the present and Bruces own paranoia wrapped up together.
>>
>>81564451
>>81565073

Also does Darkseid have the power to make people see things? If not he should, his power set needs to be more than being big and tough with Omega beams. I think he can do with some mind fuckery/psychic stuff.
>>
>>81566443

Yeah me too. It's unoriginal as fuck now. In fact to me it signals that people don't believe in the ideal of Superman anymore. They've lost faith. They project themselves and their petty views on to Superman thinking if THEY had all that power they'd abuse it with abandon so why not Superman?

Well maybe Superman has Super-thoughts and Super-emotions and he feels Super-guilt and Super-mercy and Super-apathy in ways we can't even understand because he's an alien from another planet who's, genetically engineered in the first place, who got even more mutated by being in a foreign solar system and spending maybe thousands of years in suspended animation in a space cocoon?

Yeah I don't like him going bad stories too. A Batman or Flash goes bad story would be original at least.
>>
>>81579499

>That Synder quote

What the fuck does that even mean? They can't talk in the suits? It's called fucking ACTING.
>>
>>81581691
>snyder
>not a hack
pick one
>>
Why does Flash have a puberty stache?
>>
"X is the key" has to be one of the most unhelpful hints ever. Is Bruce supposed protect Lois now? Is he supposed to prevent her from doing something? Is she a literal key to a giant door?
>>
>>81581736

You know I didn't really believe that before but I'm starting too.

>>81581811

> Is she a literal key to a giant door?

Oh god, drawfags get in on this!

>Batman picking up Lois and unlocking the Fortress of Solitude like a literal key.
>>
>>81581811

Also apparently movie Flash's power level isn't even show Flash's, he can stay back in the past if he wanted too and goes exactly where he wants.
>>
>>81564451
>I wonder if Darkseid is making Batman see a twisted version of the events of the movie for some reason, instead of Batman seeing a distant future. I read in a thread some days ago the the JL movie may involve they have to overcome expect for Batman who already had his. But it may have been some bullshit made up leak, I don't remember.
Maybe the knightmare sequence is the present of another universe where everything went wrong.
> Darkseid giving the members nightmares
You mean Age of Ultron?
>>
>>81559642
>>81563849
>>81560790
He does have his actual costume, it's just under whatever the fuck he's wearing there. Idk, armor for the Apocalypse? We already know Flash will have his costume because we've seen his concept art, an actual costume in that picture with Snyder and Momoa, and also because we can see the mask in BvS after his visor flips up.

I do wish they toned down the glowing portal and lightning effects though. You can kinda see the lightning ears on the 'oversuit' here >>81578765 but it looks weird.
>>
>>81566387
The soldiers were Justifies.
>>
>>81581691
The only way I can work that into somewhat being reasonable is that the dceu is not really set up much so you barely have any character depth to see them have an ideological debate while in uniform. If it really was old man Bats going crazy libertarian against government dog Supes they could actually argue with each othe, but if it's just one fighting because he's in a hostage situation and the other is just a manipulated dick, yeah they can't debate for long without realizing one or the other is an idiot.
>>
>>81560790
wait is the paper falling just from him JERKING up from the dream... i could have swore there were more papers moving when I saw the movie FUCK
>>
>>81569749
This would make more sense if he didnt say LOIS is the key. Even if it is a "red herring" to lois it confuses a lot of people
>>
>>81579395
That it can be prevented you fucking retard.
>>
>>81577686
>More importantly, Doomsday still would've been around and I'm pretty sure Clark would be dead if he'd been stabbed with the Kryptonite spear.
That's the point.

Batman kills Supes with the spear
Martha is killed, Lois is eliminated by Luthor for being a witness
Darkseid still invades up because ding dong the God is dead
He resurrects Superman and mind controls him
All of Clarks loved ones are dead so there's noone left to turn him back to the light side
Earth gets wrecked, Batman starts resistance
Cue Knightmare scene
>>
>>81559642
>AM I TOO SOON?!
>I'M TOO SOON!

These lines are incorrect. Stop perpetuating this mistake.
>>
>>81564451

This post made me appreciate BvS a bit more, which is still not much.

If this is the admittedly interesting vision Snyder and Goyer had for the DCEU, it is still horribly executed. References everywhere that seem completely out of place when you're not a fan of the comics and sometimes even if you're a fan of the comics. That HORRIBLE way to introduce the other JL members. Useless scenes to get that sweet extra length ticket money. Characters behaving extremely out of character and probably the worst-written female roles I have ever seen: Lois being super-lovestruck with Supes and WW having nothing to do except look sexy and fight (there are actually NO scenes that tell us anything about her character, even though she has appropriate screentime).

If this is the vision Goyer and Snyder had, I approve, especially the Lovecraftian feel with maniac Luthor who knows about the cosmic abominations that are about to come. But please let the actual execution go to someone else.
>>
>>81582915
I'm not going to bother breaking down your entire rant, I'll sum it up with these
>That HORRIBLE way to introduce the other JL members
So, Lex freaking out and wanting deterrents for Superman and 'metas' who "are out there" when he's trying to convince the senator and the fact that he knows this, because he's been gathering evidence in encrypted files which is stolen and uncovered revealing their existence is horrible?
>WW having nothing to do except look sexy and fight (there are actually NO scenes that tell us anything about her character
Let's see, she's invited to Lex's party meaning she's of some fame. She catches Bruce's eye, meaning she's unbelievably sexy/beautiful. She "borrows" Bruce's hacking device, meaning she's smart, aware of spy tech and has some experience. She drives away in an S2000(?), meaning she's fairly well off and an adrenaline junkie. She's unable to crack the decryption meaning she's not as tech savy or genius intellect as Batman. She goes through all this to retrieve a photo, meaning she's desperate to remain in the shadows. She's aware of the sword, meaning she knows her history and 'artifacts', or arguably ones she lived through. She is not impressed by Bruce, meaning she a stronk independence woman who need no man. She returns Bruce's tech, meaning she's honest and reoccurring espionage skills. We see an old pic, she's been around a while. She's been gone, she chose to leave man's world. She's freaking out about her identity being discovered, she really wanted to remain hidden. She's conflicted on the plane, remain hidden or answer call of duty? She chooses to fight, she won't walk away or turn her back, even if it means having to come out and reveal her secret. She saves Batman, she values life. She questions Batman's decision, she has strategic awareness. She's killed things from others worlds, she's an experienced warrior. She smiles, she enjoys fighting. She fights, she is well versed and has various weapons...
>>
>>81583664
Ran out of space, fuck it.

...abilities and equipment. She grieves for Supes and sympathizes with Lois. She attends Supes funeral. She understands and respects the decisions and privacy of 'others' who may not want to be found.

It's easier to say you're an autist who needs to be spoonfed and it's no surprise why you didn't like BvS.
>>
>>81578742
"Lois is the key [to saving us all, by preventing you from "killing" Clark]."
>>
>IT'S ZACK
>ZACK SNYDER
>HE'S THE KEY
>YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT HIM
>YOU WERE ALWAYS RIGHT ABOUT HIM
>>
>>81582718
THIS. It's clearly this.

Batman holding the spear to Superman is the point of divergence.
>>
>>81584141
>FEAR HIM
>>
>>81582718
Again, interesting theory, but it's no more supported than the "Lois' death causes Superman to go full fascist" theory. Maybe we'll get more answers in the R-rated cut.
>>
>>81583664
>So, Lex freaking out [...] and uncovered revealing their existence is horrible?

No, presenting them by having Diana look them up on a fucking laptop is. It's horrible filmmaking.

As for Wonder Womans characterization: Don't pretend you don't know what I mean dude. She's written like Joss Whedon might imagine a strong independent woman.

Meaning a wet dream with fighting abilities.

And you described her like you would go about describing an internship at Walmart as a justification for marketing and leadership skills in your resume.
>>
File: images-5.jpg (33 KB, 466x316) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
33 KB, 466x316
>>81564031
>>
>>81559642
This cameo was the most cringeworthy shit ever. Makes me lose hope for Ezra as Flash.
>>
>>81559642
Holy crap i thought this was just Red Hood and Batman was just having a terrible dream. The Parademons make so much more senae now. Costume was weird and had that helmet thing.
>>
i was so confused during this scene i didn't know it was the flash and what he was talking about. Can some one spoil it for me what was he doing again?
>>
>>81564123
And then he woke up again
>>
>>81559642
Did anyone actually understand what the fuck he was saying? I could only make out a few words. And it wasn't like it was a noisy theater, There were only 2 other people in there.

Needed fucking subtitles.
>>
>>81569749
So when Flash says that Bruce was right and that he was always right, he's referring to the fact that Bruce was right about Clark being...unstable?
>>
>>81570178
Wait, was there a time when Raiden wasn't full retard? I thought that was what made him endearing.

A wise man who had actually been trained wrong as a joke, millenia ago.
>>
>>81588488
This wasn't an issue for me. Maybe your theatre has issues with their sound system.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.