[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to this show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Archer.jpg (204 KB, 628x434) Image search: [Google]
Archer.jpg
204 KB, 628x434
What happened to this show
>>
>>81559295
They got stale, they declined, like a lot of shows that get a few seasons in.

Season 7 looks like it might be getting back to being decent, but I'll hold judgement for now.
>>
The second episode of the season comes on tonight so chill.
>>
More interested in more than any meaningful change
>>
>>81559433
>Second
i missed one? shit!
>>
>>81559477
yeah this. that's why i love it so much. they dont fuck with what works.
>>
archer is a funny spy who says funny things
>>
They may keep saying the same jokes over and over, but I'll always laugh more times than not
>>
Is it getting streamed on brettygud?
>>
>>81562180
>>81559477
Some jokes and bits have been run into the ground though, like phrasing, and Cheryl being insane. I wouldn't say the show's gone bad, but they definitely needed the shakeup that seasons 5 and 6 offered them.
>>
>>81559295
>Writers went on the internet
>They seem to like this LAAANAAAA stuff
>They seem to like this Danger-zone stuff
>They seem to like this cheryl changes her name stuff
>They seem to like this Pam is an annoying cunt

Welp, we'll never have to bother with any new jokes.
>>
It needs more catchphrases.
>>
>>81559295
Show ran it course, the writers want to move on to newer things.
>>
I actually liked the season premiere.

Could it return to pre-season 3 levels?
>>
>>81562342
>Some jokes and bits have been run into the ground though, like phrasing
which is why they stopped doing it. archer even points it out. said they didnt appreciate it enough
>Cheryl being insane
lately theyre playing up the 'she's clueless about some things, because rich girl, but actually sensible about others' angle.

that said, i really want to see archer and lana having more of a friendliness to their fighting. also no fucking way, that's a weave? why does this bother me so.
>>
File: 1388107519227.gif (1024 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
1388107519227.gif
1024 KB, 300x233
Season 5 was fine. They had to re-do most what they did for season 6 at short notice because of the whole 'ISIS' thing. Hence why Pam 'n' Crew got relegated to lazy whacky adventures and Malory barely showed up (Jessica Walters was busy)
I've got faith S7 will be back on track.
>>
>>81563438
what are you suggesting we actually lost, that had been finished?
>>
>>81563530
No idea. Just reckon some episodes we'll never see had to be thrown out and replaced with, say, Pam pull a van up a hill, because they featured things about ISIS too much.
Think the ep where Lana and Archer got together was pretty much intact while the one they all got stuck in the elevator was thrown together to replace something else.
I've got no proof, just makes sense.

The Area 51 ep was trash though
>>
so season 7's premiere really hasnt impressed me, but it's still damn good. just not as good as the show so far.. of course i've never had a problem certain seasons the way others have, i've loved the whole thing
>>
>>81563749
i don't even remember an area 51 episode.. refresh me
and yeah i guess theories like that are hard to fully disagree with
>>
pam in season 6 was better than pam in season 5

i liked season 6 more than 5
>>
>>81563887
everyone feels that way nigger
>>
Anyone find it completely retarded that the CIA entrusted the life of the world's greatest scientist to the Archer crew as their last chance to redeem themselves? I mean even an idiot would know that you could just grab a few CIA interns and they'd do a better job than them. Why even have spies for that job? If all you've got to do is get in a shrink-ship and zap a clot why not just use only doctors or scientists? The CIA really have no one to blame, but themselves.
>>
>>81564102
it was a pretty awful finale, like i knew they were going to fuck it up, but it didn't really need to be dragged out between 2 parts
>>
>>81564389
it was fun though. kind of a shaggy dog story
>>
How about an episode where every single line of dialogue is a catchphrase? I believe they could pull it off.
>>
>>81559295
Ok, so I have an excellent idea for a new episode. While breaking in to someone's house the cops catch Archer and he gets arrested, but Cyril manages to talk it down to a house arrest. Then while they're doing another job, a client requests that they babysit a retard. Since Archer can't go out on the other mission he has to take care of it.

Eventually Archer gets so horny since he can't go out that he starts fucking the retard. At some point he isn't even horny anymore but he just fucks it out of boredom! Later he is found out by the rest of the gang and they all have a good laugh about it.
>>
>>81563749

Shit happening is generally the reason for bottle eps, that said, vision quest was probably my favorite s6 episode.

>>81563842
Archer needs a lift and the team ends up in A51, they get access because archer stole slater's code, then start fucking shit up, algernop and pam meet some aliens but noone else sees them, they steal a plane (which was surprisingly easy) and fly home.
>>
Archer is doing that thing that Futurama did and what Family Guy does, and that's hyper-focus on a "core group" and shoehorn them into WACKY ACTIVITIES (versus having them act with a purpose) and it's a formula that gets real annoying, real boring, real fast.

Of course you wouldn't have much of a show if Archer and company weren't a part of it, but the fact that there is now literally only a cast of... What, 5, 7 characters, makes it so all their gags and eccentricities compete with one another. It's less of a show about how these characters play off each other and the minor cast characters and has turned into a show where every character is practically shouting over one another to see who has the funnier joke, the funnier line, etc.

The show worked better when the characters were more separated from each other, and when the characters weren't trying to overtake one anothers screen time.
>>
>>81564102

I don't know man, the CIA fucked up a bunch themselves.

>Brought Krieger, even though he doesn't stowaway. They should by all means have known that he could be a liability.
>TV's Michael gray.
>Not saying anything about the airlock thing beforehand.
>Having that bad a design flaw in a vehicle designed with a very limited timespan in mind.
>>
>>81563092
>I actually liked the season premiere.
I really wanted to, but they took a third of the runtime just to set up the story. The cold opening's payoff was so pointless they could have cut the opening altogether.

The casual squandering of time in a 22 minute cartoon reminds me entirely too much of post-return Family Guy.

Good parts: Cyril being mostly smart, a few nods to what it actually takes to become a PI
Bad parts: the handoff of Pam's job to Cheryl for no particular reason, no explanation of Ray being revived or what he got this time (yeah, I know it's a running joke by now but still), most of the cast getting really weak lines, Archer being really drunk for no particular reason

We'll see how tonight's episode goes (and whether they mention Archer having been shot at the end of the previous one). The sooner they bring Woodhouse back, the better.
>>
>>81564102
I was sort of hoping that the CIA planned the Archer crew to fuck it up as part of a bigger story so the they could get rid of Archer and take none of the blame, kinda bummed it didnt happen but overall i enjoyed the season,
>>
>>81568649
To be fair it looks like it's going to be the WHOLE season's story.
So the cold open is for the ENTIRE season not just the episode, I feel splitting it throughout just the premeire would be unnecessary. Either cut down the scene or play its entirety but divvying it throughout the episode might be worse for pace than a slow open.
Also maybe we'll get a reason for why Archer is pill popping now, apart from him taking in the LA lifestyle. Also is there a point to explaining Ray? We know his legs can just reboot. So why not just go with he got rebooted?
>>
>>81564102
>Anyone find it completely retarded that the CIA entrusted the life of the world's greatest scientist to the Archer crew as their last chance to redeem themselves?

It telegraphed as loudly as possible "WE NEED THE TEAM TO FUCK UP SOMETHING SO BADLY THE CIA FIRES THEM" while not thinking at all about how to do it.
>>
OKAY SO HERE IS WHAT WHAT
Pretty good show, just finished season 4. I heard 5 sucks ass. How is 6?
>>
>>81570312
The show never really sucks ass

It derails a bit and sorta drops the spy aspect for a season (which is annoying when the show is ABOUT spies) but I'd say it still has quality
>>
Anyone have a mega for this weeks episode?
>>
What was the stream name again? I forgot
>>
>>81564785
Sounds good.
>>
>>81562342
Nymphomaniac Cheryl was best Cheryl. They seemed to have dropped that for her annoying spoiled rich attitude. Such a shame.
>>
>>81568649
I'm afraid the opening scene is exactly how Adam Reed is going to bring the series to a close. This might be the final season, and Archer gets killed, and the rest of the episodes are going to lead up to the circumstances in which he was killed and why.

And I think it's rather a cop out that there is no explanation of what exactly happened to Woodhouse, but since George Coe died last year, I can't see how they could still include the character.
>>
>>81571676

Tom Kane voiced Woodhouse in Season 5.
>>
>>81563211
>which is why they stopped doing it. archer even points it out

That shit is more annoying to me than if they were just repeating catchphrases. They still put in the overdone joke but they try to get away with it by pointing out that it's overdone. Archer tries to say "phrasing!" and then there's some remark about how they're not doing "phrasing" anymore.
Fuck that. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too.

If you know that your catchphrases have been done to death, stop bringing them up. You don't need to try the fiftieth variation of Archer saying "Lanaaaa!". Do something new.
>>
>>81571676
>I'm afraid the opening scene is exactly how Adam Reed is going to bring the series to a close. This might be the final season, and Archer gets killed, and the rest of the episodes are going to lead up to the circumstances in which he was killed and why.
I don't have the link with me, but I remember reading a recent interview (couple of weeks ago tops) with Reed saying he wanted to keep the show going as long as he can. I seriously doubt Archer's dead, he's just bleeding out like people do every other episode in this show.
>>
Where's the stream?
>>
Ms Deane is sexy
>>
File: 32w5464678386.jpg (119 KB, 363x450) Image search: [Google]
32w5464678386.jpg
119 KB, 363x450
Guys we is streaming the show, sorry lil late.

http://199.195.248.155:10701/niggers.ts
http://170.130.1.95:9720/on3

OPEN VLC

CTRL+N -> PASTE AN URL -> PLAY
>>
>>81562318
This.

Hardest I've laughed at a voicemail joke.
>>
>>81571855
Didn't know that. But I still stand by my statement concerning the fact that Woodhouse is not even mentioned, nor are there any references to why he didn't come out to California with everybody else.

>>81572509
I hope you're right, but, on the other hand, one might get tired of trying to be innovative and creative to keep the fan base's interest after seven seasons. That sure looked liked a dead man's float to me.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.