[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/TWD/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: The-Walking-Dead-153_Cover.jpg (421 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
The-Walking-Dead-153_Cover.jpg
421 KB, 900x1384
Issue 153 just came out. Your thoughts? I think Negan might be starting to change into s good guy a bit. I think he respects Rick.
>>
>>81556918
Dude, we had this thread on tuesday. Everyone agreed: nothing happens.
>>
>>81556918
I agree OP, there's something about Negan. He's either going to kill Alpha and the top Whisperers to gain Ricks trust or kill the Whisperers and become their new leader.

>>81557438
So fucking what?
>>
>>81558068
I think you're onto something.

I think Negan kills Alpha and other Whispers and then takes their heads back to Alexandria to show everyone and make a power play to take over as leader of Alexandria.
>>
>>81559379
I don't even think Negan wants Alexandria. I'm pretty sure after all this time he understands what Rick symbolizes to the people and the cizilization he's built.

That whole speech Negan was making before Rick gave him the ol' sneakerton knife to the throat really solidifies this for me. I think he wants to be a Lieutenant to Rick but I don't see how Rick would ever allow that. Kirkman is going to take us somewhere interesting, and I'm convinced Carl is going to be the one to off him eventually.
>>
>>81560643
> Carl

Really? I've always assumed it would be Dwight, maybe using Lucille.
>>
>>81561377
That's another possibility.

I think Carl really meant it when he said he was going to kill Negan though. I could even see Carl bashing in Negan with Lucille.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 928x1399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 928x1399
first look at negans upcoming backstory
>>
>>81561480
I could see Carl leading the Saviors.
>>
>>81556918
Did they seriously do a Spider-Man #1 homage? Fuck off
>>
>>81562574
We really don't need to know anything about Negan's past. Leaving it ambiguous was the better option.
>>
My theory of how things will pan out:
>Negan wanders into Whisperer territory and meets with Alpha
>the cliffhanger of that issue is that he wishes to assist the Whisperers in the war against Alexandria (turns out later in a classic Kirkman twist that this was a facade so Negan can manipulate the war in Rick's favor and therefore align himself with Rick and co.)
>Eugene and the Radio Survivor interact some more and it's eventually revealed that it's a reformed and greatly expanded Woodbury on the radio, with Lilly in charge (you have to admit, while it seems far-fetched, it makes a bit of contextual sense at this point in the timeline)
>Eugene proceeds to low key assemble a ragtag group to travel back to Georgia, in the hopes of meeting with Lilly. He doesn't tell Rick, but Jesus learns of his intentions. Instead of ratting on Eugene, Jesus decides to tag along with maybe Dante and a few others. They leave while the war with the Whisperers escalates.
>Carl impregantes Lydia and decides to reform his ways (some Romeo and Juliet vibes)
>eventually Rick embraces Negan as a lieutenant of sorts, needing his pragmatic and brutal methods to win the war
>Negan kidnaps Lydia to piss off Alpha, spiraling Carl into a rage unlike anything seen before in the series
>Negan briefly reunites with Lucille
>in the heat of a battle between Rick and Alpha, Negan appears with Lydia in tow, throwing her on to her knees
>Negan grabs Lucille and is poised to beat the fuck out of Lydia a la Glenn
>Carl emerges and in an incoherent fury charges towards Negan
>Negan lets Carl beat him until he's hanging on to an inch of his life before Rick intervenes and shouts at Carl to spare Negan
>as he does this, Alpha appears out of nowhere and fatally stabs Rick through the heart, killing him

I guarantee at least some of the shit in my speculation will actually happen. I know I got very specific towards the end but I can see it all happening.
>>
>>81565950
And I expect all that climactic shit to happen in Issue 200. After Rick dies, TWD becomes Carl's story, a time jump occurs, and Carl is raising his own kid while juggling responsibilities as leader of the New World (union between Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom, Woodbury, etc.), with Negan as his reluctant mentor.

From then on, the final 100 issues deals with the struggle of post post-apocalyptic civilization and its implications on the people of this new society. The series ends with the New World succumbing to a large-scale zombie outbreak after all the time spent rebuilding. Carl sets off with his son and a few random I associated survivors heading off into a future uncertain.
>>
>>81566290
>with Negan as his reluctant mentor
Reluctant? Talking to Carl is one of Negan's favourite things since he lost his war, other than watching Alexandrians carry around his shit in a bucket.
Make no mistake Carl will kill Negan the first chance he gets.
>>
>>81566374
Maybe Rick's dying wish is for Carl to never ever kill anyone ever again. Ironically as he gets killed.
>>
I dropped TWD after All Out War. Timejumps are lazy and piss me off. Has it been worth reading? What's happened?
>>
>>81559379
I don't think Negan'll go that far. He'll go visit the Whispers and pretend to be unarmed, one of them will attack and he'll knife them, asking to speak to Alpha.

Alpha and Negan will have a one-on-one conversation of some sort, and the topic could regard anything.
>>
File: Walking Dead 153 15.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Walking Dead 153 15.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>81561377
I was certain of Dwight too until this page, he want to become the antithesis to Negan it seems, so him Lucilling Negan would probably send him over the edge and everyone will probably fear him.

Carl, maybe. If Rick officially proclaim Carl is the new leader of the Saviors, Dwight may not give Lucille to Carl knowing what he'll do, so Carl'll likely swindle Lucille away at night, meet Negan and tell him of his first plan as leader.
>>
>>81565950
>Negan kidnaps Lydia to piss off Alpha, spiraling Carl into a rage unlike anything seen before in the series
While your other surmisations are grounded to reality far-fetch, this one is to the moon out of reality far-fetch.

Negan have a certain admiration for Carl, he wouldn't go to an extent of hurting someone he know Carl love. And that is out of character for Negan to attack a women unless provoked. According to Kirkman the exception being Holly.
>>
>>81566474
Nah, Rick wouldn't advise that to Carl, I can see Carl calling Rick out on that shit in the same way Negan called Rick out on him wanting to prove to himself he is not a monster and he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart.

Kirkman theme has always been about family, so Rick dying wish - if Carl is still with Lydia, to take a good look at her and protect her no matter what, he'll take Carl on an excursion to the highest point in the woods and there it is Alexandria, Carl'll look and the pages will show the important people if they are alive by then like Michonne, Maggie, Jesus, Eugene, and Rick'll say "These are your family too."
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.