[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
Why was this so good?
>>
>>81556057

It had intriguing elements when they interacted that made it interesting

I didnt care much for the 2nd episode of the 3 parter
>>
Superman and Lex Luthor were nerfed as fuck in favor of Batman and the Joker. As expected from Bruce Timm, Batman's best pal.
>>
>>81556223
God... When will the butthurt ever ends??

1. Luthor has always been an arrogant idiot.
2. Superman was extremely nerfed just like every other powered hero.
>>
>>81556057
It's overrated but after BVS Snyder has unintentionally made this crossover a hell of a lot more charming for me in retrospect.
>>
>>81556223

Which is why it worked so well
>>
The first meeting between Bats and Supes is pure sex. Probably my favorite version of it ever.
>>
I like The Batman's version better.
>>
>>81557015
Go away, Timm. It's your fault Superman is such a joke in the eyes of normalfags. Well, you don't have all the fault but at big part of it.
>>
>>81557106

Snyder pls, dont blame your incompetency on others
>>
>>81557106
bravo, snyder.
>>
>>81557060
>that look on supes face when batman judo throws him
>>
>>81557284
>>81557626
See any video related to the Timmverse. The average comment is about how badass is Batman and how pitiful and lame is Superman by comparisson. Those comments were made years before MoS
>>
>>81557715
You sure about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_5UwS57X8
>>
>>81557715

Superman NEEDS to be nerfed down if they are going to tell a good story involving him and Batman

Otherwise Superman will become just a boring Mary Sue who cant be messed with
>>
I liked seeing the Joker beating the shit out of Supes.

And Batman scaring the crap out of Luthor.
>>
>>81557701

I also loved it when Superman goes home thinking he has the upper hand on knowing Batman is Bruce Wayne only to see that he has been spied on by Batman who realizes its Clark Kent in the cape

All those fun interactions made it work well and Snyder barely put anything like that
>>
>>81558028
Of course you did.
>Superman NEEDS
The only people who actually believe this are people with no imagination or creative thought. It's the same shit as people saying that a superman videogame can never work because he's too powerful or he's a mary sue. In a universe where we have shit like asuras wrath and the dragon ball z games, that argument is absolutely full of shit.
>>
File: tumblr_n15sl7Wumq1rpaz23o1_500.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n15sl7Wumq1rpaz23o1_500.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>>81556057
>listening to peter gabriel
>find this thread the exact moment "Carpet Crawlers" starts playing
>the verse with "holding Kryptonite" plays
HOly fucking shit
i know no one is gonna peliebe me but that shit is uncanny
>>
>>81557919
Or just give them different problems to deal with in the same story. Make Supes have to hold off the flying bricks while Bats fights his way through ninjas to hack a computer.
>>
>>81558102
Well, it was justified. Joker had kryptonite, lured Superman close and even tricked him into a false sense of security by "forgetting" about the acid. Just then, when Superman had his guard down, Joker melted his protective suit and Superman was at his mercy.
>>
>>81558102
>The only people who actually believe this are people with no imagination or creative thought.

The creative thoughts end with either nerfing him down or only use kryptonite as the single thing that fucks with him
>>
>>81557095
they both have their graces
>>
>>81556057

>Why was this so good?

Because the two characters actually have conversations with each other and exchange thoughts and ideas in the story.

I still can't fucking believe that the only dialogue Supes and Bats exchange in BvS before the big punch-fest is

>DA BAT IS DED
>DO U BLEED
>>
>>81557756
And then he lost as the jobber he is

Not that matter anyway, Batman was the best and the world will always need a Batman. Superman is expendable
>>
>>81556057

YOU WILL
>>
>>81558042
What are you talking about anon there was tons of Batfaggotry in BvS. Which is what it sounds like what you wanted.
>>
>>81557919
So instead we'll turn Batman into the Mary-Sue so everyone can praise him. Genius anon.

Well it's been working for DC so far hasn't it.
>>
>>81558980
>Not that matter anyway, Batman was the best and the world will always need a Batman. Superman is expendable
Yeah, I really disliked that episode. Waller would never say or do any stupid shit like that but everyone is expendable, especially Superman, when there's Batwanking to be done. We'll never ever be rid of it.
>>
>>81559602
Don't take it wrong but BvS has a lot less Batfaggotry than the Batman/Superman movie or anything from the Timmverse. Hell, Batman was lost during the final battle and he only got a chance against Superman because Kryptonite was still a novelty.
>>
>>81557919
So maybe create challenges appropriate to separate characters? Maybe stop changing everyone else in the universe to bolster Batman?
>>
>>81559715
That's how Timm originally planned to end the DCAU until JLU got renewed
>>
File: comfy.jpg (517 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
517 KB, 1600x1000
>>81556223

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>81557106
Fuck off man, if anything Timm has done more good than bad for Superman. Go blame the Christopher Reeve films for people shitting on Superman.
>>
>>81559860
At this point, I feel nothing.
>>
Holy shit you Superman faggots are pathetic. I mean blaming Timm for people not liking Superman is a new low.
>>
File: 1384867242794.jpg (55 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
1384867242794.jpg
55 KB, 524x468
>>81558135
I am thoroughly convinced that the boards are able to create WAAGHS with meme magic
>>
>>81559934
Timm doesn't like Superman and he was in charge of introducing a generation to the DC universe. Remember all those normies whining about Green Lantern being played by a white actor?
>>
>>81559860
anyone wanna make a Superkek image in this style?
>>
File: 1453763164712.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1453763164712.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>81559934
>Everybody likes sucking Batcock r..right.
>>
>>81560021
If he doesn't like him, he has a funny way of showing it. STAS is fantastic, and some of its episodes are among the greatest Superman stories ever.
>>
>>81559860
This image is really bare. I can help you beef it up alot just by myself.
>>
>>81560575
What exactly was fantastic about STAS?
>>
>>81560615
Everything. A lot of the episodes, the art direction, the voice cast, everything. Much like with BTAS they managed to distill decades of comic books into versions of the characters that seem to fully absorb their spirit.

Not to mention it manages to solve and leapfrog so many of the knots that Superman continuity was tied up in at the time, like the existence of Supergirl and the way Krypton was destroyed.
>>
>>81557106
Superman is a joke because of the Super Friends, not STAS
>>
I don't get why people man about Bruce Timm work. This man gifted us the most awesome superhero animated series of all time. It was trully era of DCAU domination. JLA has tons of awesome staff. Just remember about "The man how has everything" This is goddamn brilliant adaptaion. What a shame some people are so ungrateful hates.
>>
>>81562395
Batman was part of the Super Friends as well. He just got lucky for TDKR making him a cool rebel on the eyes of the fandom and Supes a government's pawn
>>
>>81562810
Batman's modern interpretation is a manchild yelling MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!!! so that helps a lot. Batman is stuck on a perennial adolescence
>>
>>81562611
Thanks to Morrison Superman is only allowed to be Space Jesus. Any interpretation that males him a super man is evil and devoid of hope.
>>
>>81562395
>Aquaman is a joke because of Super Friends
FTFY
>>
>>81558605
Because Snyder said outright his rule was minimal dialogue while in costume because it breaks his suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>81560575

STAS is quite good, but Superman himself is rarely all that good in it. He only really shines when he's in some sort of emotional distress, like The Late Mr. Kent or pretty much anything with Darkseid. They wanted to avoid making him a boyscout, but being a boyscout is kind of the whole point. Without it he's just a strong dude that flies in and goes to work, which is exactly what he is in a lot of STAS episodes. It took roughening his edges a bit in JL/U for them to really get any sort of handle on Supes at all.

It's really the major difference between BTAS and STAS. BTAS has a great Batman and a great everything else, STAS just has a great everything else.

That said, the idea that Timm doesn't like Superman or that they somehow ruined Superman for normies or whatever is fucking retarded.
>>
Because it respected the source material and the intelligence of its audience.
>>
>>81558028
>im a batfag
>>
>>81556057
why can't they ever make any other way to defeat superman other than muh green rock
>>
>>81565884
Wasn't Supes weak against magic?
>>
>>81556057
After going back to watch it, the finale seems kind of forced.
>>
>>81557756
I swear to god they better have Michael Ironside voice darkseid in the movies
>>
>>81560021
>Timm doesn't like Superman and he was in charge of introducing a generation to the DC universe. Remember all those normies whining about Green Lantern being played by a white actor?

Normies will be normies. If they actually watched the Timm-verse, they would've seen Kyle Rayner showing up in STAS.
>>
>>81556288
Also the Joker is a Mary Sue of sorts. He can outsmart geniuses and outfight the best hand to hand fighters on the planet despite having no form or training.
>>
>>81556057
It was good but there was some stuff that annoyed me. Like Joker being more powerful than Lex and Superman combined.

>>81557919
>Otherwise Superman will become just a boring Mary Sue who cant be messed with

You mean like what they did with Batman in World's Finest? BTAS was fine as Batman constantly got beat by street thugs but in World's Finest they turnt his plot armor up to 11.
>>
>all the characters in this get a chance a shine and at least one humbling moment
>"Batman and Joker are too strong ;_;"
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.