[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i just finished scott pilgrim. literally just burned through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: ss (2016-04-07 at 01.38.04).jpg (71 KB, 523x542) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-07 at 01.38.04).jpg
71 KB, 523x542
So i just finished scott pilgrim. literally just burned through all 6 volumes in a day. i thought it was great, though the last sequence with all the glow and subspace craziness was a bit tough to wrap my head around on the first go. What did you folks like better, the movie ending or the comic ending? who was best girl?
>>
File: ss (2016-04-07 at 01.36.02).jpg (67 KB, 328x471) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-07 at 01.36.02).jpg
67 KB, 328x471
also i'll just be posting some screenshots because why not
>>
File: ss (2016-04-07 at 02.04.35).jpg (236 KB, 1055x688) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-07 at 02.04.35).jpg
236 KB, 1055x688
>>
File: ss (2016-04-07 at 02.10.09).jpg (646 KB, 1350x943) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-07 at 02.10.09).jpg
646 KB, 1350x943
>>
Anyone know where I can read Seconds online? I caught the first 2 chapters in a storytime here, but it closed before I could finish it.
>>
>>81549614
why read online when you can torrent?
>>
>>81549157
The game was better than the movie

Too bad you can't buy it anymore
>>
>>81549760
fuck, duh!
>>81549790
whys that?
>>
>>81549846
license expired. it really bummed me out to hear this. i even desperately looked for a way to emulate it somehow for hours on end once i got done watching the movie and reading everything. but i guess i can just watch it on youtube and cry, i guess.
>>
The movie was ok if we go with the Chau ending, everything pointed towards that, the Ramona ending was dumb for the movie.

The comic was better, stuff got lost in the 6volumes>90 minutes movie transition especially the whole "Scott is a fucking jerk" that makes him ending with Ramona work.

And im sad that you can no longer buy the game and my xbox has been dead for a long time. Sadly I dont see any chance of it being ported
>>
>>81549924
what, you mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXhXvuwl14

iunno, mayn. i honestly think movie ramona and scott kinda do work (or at least work better than knives and scott). ramona came off as a lot colder a person in the movie though, so i get where you're coming from.
>>
volume 6 was a huge mess iirc, otherwise it was pretty decent. the movie was garbage
>>
File: ss (2016-04-07 at 02.16.00).jpg (102 KB, 278x807) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-07 at 02.16.00).jpg
102 KB, 278x807
>>81550019
thats because bryan intentionally decided to actually write the ending once he was done with volume 5. it could have been a lot worse, IMO.

>the movie was garbage
i will fucking fite you.
>>
Did any of you see pinched?
one of the last scenes me of the fight with negascott.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LlUmhF6Da8
>>
>>81550019
I agree. everything felt so rushed. I will admit though, Gideon was exponentially a better villain in the book than movie. I watched the movie first, and so the official book ending I guess felt weird due to that. Negascott was better, and I think Lisa's involvement in the story was better too. Didn't expect Stephen was gay though.
>>
>>81549157
Alternate Movie Ending
Knives
>>
File: casual sex.png (457 KB, 608x453) Image search: [Google]
casual sex.png
457 KB, 608x453
>>81550056
The thing I disliked most in the movie was that Envy wasn't a redhead
>>
>>81550056
i was and still am completely baffled by the reception that film had, its only redeeming qualities are the action and SOME of the comedy.

the casting is awful, michael cera can't do Scott at all, and whoever played Ramona didn't understand the difference between acting mysterious and being a plank of wood. it literally feels like everyone is reading their lines off a piece of paper. the only entertaining character in the whole film was Wallace.

i really hate the direction aswell, none of the conversations feel genuine or human. the scene where scott gets a phone call from natalie pissed me off beyond human comprehension because it's supposedly a scene in which scott is like nervous or something, yet he talks in an almost robotic way and immediately after natalie finishes her line. it's as if the people who made this don't realise that people think when they talk, it legit feels like the people in this film just process what the other said immediately and proceeds to speak with no reaction whatsoever, save for extremely few exceptions (knives and wallace come to mind). i blame mostly scott and ramona for this, i seriously can't remember anything about them from the movie.

i didn't watch the movie thinking it was gonna be as in depth as the comics or the better, i was going into it confident that i was going to have a good time but it was just massively disappointing. there may be inaccuracies in my rant but that's because i have never watched that film ever again after the first time.
>>
File: ss (2016-04-07 at 03.29.46).jpg (279 KB, 1223x717) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-07 at 03.29.46).jpg
279 KB, 1223x717
best girl comin' through. also, i really dislike the movie's envy. not even hot
>>
>>81550418
>completely baffled by the reception that film had
it was quotable
>>
One of the BEST things about Scott Pilgrim
Scott is such a oblivious asshole, that you can't help but feel sorry for him, but you still get mad at him. Scott is the kind of guy who is his own protagonist (figuratively and quite literally), and you often find yourself questioning if you are rooting for him as an underdog, or wishing for him to get the comeuppance of his actions. It's such a conflict, and I feel like that's how you make a multi-dimensional character.
>>
>>81549790
Got the game when it was still out can't get the Wallace dlc any more feels bad
>>
>>81550418
i think the teen angst-esque dialoge adds to the charm and setting of the movie, personally.
>>
>>81550418
>t's as if the people who made this don't realise that people think when they talk,
In real life, people don't jump out of windows to avoid confrontation or battle to the death to get a girlfriend.

It's all part of the style. The quick back and forths of witty dialogue and deadpan humour.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.