[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it alright to make movie threads on comic book sources? pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 552e995ac83e5.jpg (151 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
552e995ac83e5.jpg
151 KB, 850x850
Is it alright to make movie threads on comic book sources? pic related
I wasn't paying attention to the reaction online around release but I'd like to hear why people don't like it now before Cap 3
>>
>>81544193
Because it was goofy, boring and shit
>>
The writing made me vomit, sequel bait everywhere, boring as fuck. Only think I kinda liked was how big Ultron was
>>
>>81544193
It was just very mediocre in many regards.

Ultron's motives aren't really fleshed out and what is there is cliche. Vision is quite literally a deus ex machina and isn't really important within the context of the movie but has the last exchange with Ultron.

Unlike many others here, I actually liked the way Ultron was portrayed but there were plenty of times, like many other MCU films, where a moment of comedy ruined what was otherwise a solemn or dramatic moment. QS's death wasn't very emotional because they barely built him up at all. The CGI and action sequences were pretty forgettable except for the moments that were milked for the trailers. The several subplots like Hawkeye having a family, BW's past and her relationship with Hulk, and the infamous Thor ragnarok ad in the middle of the movie all detract from the main storyline.

You just don't really feel like anything is at risk. It's played out as generic as it can be. It's still a fun watch, but there is no substance to go back for a second viewing.
>>
>>81544193
It's okay but it felt like the first Avengers on steroids minus the hype, and a Villain who wasn't really a big deal. Ultron was more threatening when Wanda was on his side.
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (41 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
41 KB, 569x428
>>81544193
It was good, it just wasn't as good as the first one (the fate of most sequels). It didn't live up to the hype built up around it before it's release.

I think the honest trailer sums it up nicely. It's probably their most honest honest trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDJAKvcZ9o
>>
>>81544935
>honest trailer
hm that was pretty much entirely accurate
>>
>>81544766
I kinda wish they pushed aside all that shit with Hawkeye and Black Widow in a Black Widow spin-off film so we actually had time to delve into Ultron's dynamic with Tony, Wanda and Vision (which was you know, a big deal in the fucking movie).
>>
File: 1455001133645.jpg (81 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1455001133645.jpg
81 KB, 419x480
>>81544935
>So that's what Andy Serkis looks like
>>
>>81544193

Much like the first Avengers, it's not a bad movie, it's also not really a good movie either, it's the very definition of the safe, mediocre low bar Marvel just keeps aiming at.

You watch it once, it's a movie, you don't really need to see it again.

I personally never understand how anybody could consider it worse than the first one other than clinging to that original novelty factor. AOU at least looks like a movie and a mostly good looking one rather than something that was shot for tv the way Avengers did.
>>
>>81544193
It was a 7/10 (in terms of fun) when people wanted 10/10. Add awkward pacing and the fact Thor was nearly forgotten, the cast crew by 50%, and LOTS of sequel baiting and you got it.

It's not as bad as /co/ makes it out to be, but its a step down from the first one.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.