[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a question. I wasn't here when this came out,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 4158142-lol.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4158142-lol.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
So I have a question. I wasn't here when this came out, but did Green Lantern have a defense force too? How long did it take before everybody was rightfully shitting on it? I know this has to have happened because people were defending Fant4stic for a while after that came out too

Did we know it was supposed to be the original start of the DC live-action universe beforehand?
>>
>>81531421
No, the most I can remember people saying is that it wasn't bad, just boring and average. People were laughing at it from the trailer on.

>I KNOW, RIGHT?!

Yes DC/WB was clear this was suppose to be their Iron Man, jumpstart their universe. They peppered a few things in there like Waller but we all know those went nowhere.
>>
It was hated from day one
>>
>wasting Mark Strong Sinestro
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
I don't remember any defense force.

Basically everyone agreed it was bad, and even people who liked it somewhat thought it was not good.

Nobody was shouting "capekino" and "2deep4u" back then.

I was not here though when F4 debuted... did it really have any defenders? I can't really see how can anyone like it. At least BvS is shitty in a singular way. F4 is like two different movies that have opposing styles.
>>
>>81531503
>They peppered a few things in there like Waller but we all know those went nowhere
>Put Waller in a movie
>make her a scientist
>kill her
JUST
>>
>>81531569
>I was not here though when F4 debuted... did it really have any defenders?
It started to die down by the time the movie came out but there was some serious "Oh it's just a different interpretation of the F4, you just hate it cause it's different"
>>
>>81531569
>I can't really see how can anyone like it.
This site is full of hipsters and contrarians that will like or hate something just for the sake of being different.
>>
>>81531421
As bad as it was It's still the best DCCU movie so far. It's sad, really.
>>
>>81532284
I may not be the biggest fan of Man of Steel but I'm pretty sure I liked that more than GL.

GL was just mean
>>
>>81532284
Umm... Dark Knight Trilogy? Donner Superman?
>>
>>81532415
I think he meant Cinematic Universe movies
>>
>>81531421
Not that I can remember. Green Lantern fans (me included) were pretty devastated at the time, we really thought it would be DC's Ironman.

It's retroactively developed a defense force as anti-MCU contrarianism has become more popular though
>>
I didn't think it was that bad. Not great. Just had a some very weak parts. All the space stuff was great. The Earth portion sucked. I didn't think it was worse than Man of Steel. Since Berlanti took his vision of the DC cinematic universe that this was meant to kickstart to TV and the Arrowverse we know that his input in the movie was probably ok. Why did it fail then?
>>
>>81531421
I don't think anyone lauded Green Lantern as the Kubrickian messiah of capeshit.
It was Ryan Reynolds as Hal, we knew what we were getting.
>>
>>81532194
>This site is full of hipsters and contrarians that will like or hate something just for the sake of getting (yous).

Fixed.
>>
>>81534369
Admittably, that is probably more true.
>>
Fun fact: Guggenheim wrote the Green Lantern movie (F)
>>
>>81531564

Dude would make the perfect...... so many characters. Mr.Freeze, Lex Luthor, I could see him voice gorilla grodd, fuck dude is 6'2" he could be a lot of things manlets couldn't.

I hope disney or fox nab him for something.
>>
>>81534297
>It was Ryan Reynolds as Hal, we knew what we were getting.

An apology for not letting him be the Flash?
>>
>>81535617
Disney had him.
Then they marketed John Carter like garbage, got no money out of it, and his villainous Barsoomian career ended with one movie.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.