[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like this Superman, /co/? If not, how would you fix him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: Henry_Cavill_Superman.jpg (77 KB, 616x800) Image search: [Google]
Henry_Cavill_Superman.jpg
77 KB, 616x800
Did you like this Superman, /co/? If not, how would you fix him?

Sometimes it feels like he would rather be at his home fucking Luis than saving the world. Can't blame him though.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>81522068
I liked his voice

also:
>Fucking Luis
>>
Blame pink kryptonite
>>
>>81522068
I still hate the lack of red undies, he looks too naked without it

Also he is completely joyless and uninteresting and I hate the constant Jesus comparisons
>>
>>81522068
>how would you fix him?
make him look less depressed and stoic
smile some more
>>
>>81522236
>wah why isn't he happy, not muh Superman!
Fuck off
>>
File: 1459516393459.jpg (17 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1459516393459.jpg
17 KB, 255x255
>>81522068
Cavill can actually be charming with the right material. The Man from Uncle comes to mind.

Just let Supes be happy, less mopey.

Also
>fucking Luis
>>
>>81522271
oh hey, its that edgy contrarian kid
>>
>>81522068
>Sometimes it feels like he would rather be at his home fucking Luis

While Luis tells his stories?
>>
>Did you like this Superman, /co/? If not, how would you fix him?
>Fix the suit, it needs more color.
>Have him smile more.
>Him doing human things as Superman, eating hot dogs would be good.
>Saving mexicans (or anybody for that matter) shouldnt make him have a face like he's killing a sick puppy.
>Would rather talk someone out of a situtation instead of killing them or punching them out of existence.
>Wants his human (and Kyrptonian) parents to be proud of him.
>Stands for truth and justice the american way. (im not even an american).
>>
File: 41uve4hAM0L.jpg (27 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
41uve4hAM0L.jpg
27 KB, 330x330
>>81522068
>fucking Luis
>>
>>81522068
I didn't like him in MoS, but I did like him in BvS. He really seemed hopeful, there, and it was nice to see that he really did want to help EVERYBODY, and tried.
>>
Mostly perfect for MOS, but did need some more happy moments in BVS before the Senate bombing ruined it.
>>
>>81522428
Having him defend himself in court was probably the scene i was looking forward to the most
>>
>>81522377
>Would rather talk someone out of a situtation instead of killing them or punching them out of existence
When the guy he is punching has stated his intent to kill every human being on the face of the earth for spite, negotiation is no longer a option you Liberal fuckass.
>>
I think my fav. Supes scene in BvS is how mad he gets when Lex shows him the pictures.
It was awesome seen him with the red eyes when he gets mad.
>>
>>81522421
>He really seemed hopeful
That's him during MoS
He was so mopey during BvS it seemed like he wanted to kill himself...oh wait...
>>
File: 1459932489992.jpg (2 MB, 1996x3000) Image search: [Google]
1459932489992.jpg
2 MB, 1996x3000
GUYS... For those that have not seen the glory... Antje Traue (Faora) did another nude sex scene!!!
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5747726/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel.html
http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5762394/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel_02.html

Here is her previous scenes...
http://watchscenes.com/antje-traue-nude-scene-in-weinberg/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YPgp368Gk
>>
>>81522531
Oh i didnt meant Zod, i meant like the terrorist guy at the beggining of BvS.
Also, not liberal but i wish edgy kids like you were aborted.
Hopefully next time you're wrong you'll kill yourself.
>>
File: 1459337167904.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1459337167904.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>81522374
I need a drawfag or writefag to get on this
>>
>>81522068
He's just so mopey. I know he's going through some shit and trying to find his place in the world but he literally smiles twice in the entire movie. Especially since the world is afraid of him, you'd think a smile or at least a look that isn't "I'm depressed" would help his image a little bit.
>>
>>81522068
Cavill?

yes. Cavill can defiantly do Superman justice - He's got the looks, dedication and I genuinely think he likes the character of Superman. When he was give good Superman moments, they were the highlight of the movies. The first flight scene in Man of Steel, where he starts grinning and laughing, is my all time top /co/ moment from any film. Sadly moments are the minority.

>Not muh Superman.

I was willing to try and like Snyder's take, but its not just a change in the character, it's at odds with several of the central tenants of the character.

Its pretty much the same for most of the other DC characters.

Ben Affleck is absolutely brilliant, but Snyderbat is a raving murderer. Bruce has always had a hyper violent streak, but the No-kill rule one of the most interesting parts of the character.

Other than Lex, most of the casting was spot on, but the characterization has been terrible.
>>
>>81522760
You mean the Battle of Ihop/Sears?
>>
File: ah fuck you.gif (2 MB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
ah fuck you.gif
2 MB, 500x228
>>81522271
>>
>>81522874

I mean this bit
https://youtu.be/VlINHSnUx9k?t=1m58s

First Flight, not fight
>>
>>81522174
I just feel like he's really really bland. The movie tells you he cares about people because he's out there saving them, but you never get the feeling that he ACTUALLY cares. It always feels like he's just doing it out of obligation. He also needs to interact with people more.
>>
>>81522760
I think Snyder's obsessed with making characters to what he considers "realistic". Dude did the same with Ozy in Watchmen. He was supposed to confident as fuck and proud of his work, but in the movie he gets told by Night owl and gives a "oh boy, maybe i fucked it up" look by the end. Not to mention those possible gay homosesexual queer hints.
>>
>>81522992
Woops, didn't mean to quote. Fucking Luis.
>>
>>81522068
>BvS
>Superman starts the movie helping fix metropolis
>Goes on a hearing at the senate
>People still divided, but they show him trying to undo all that shit in MoS
>Smile
>More fan service for the ladies
>Then Luthor comes in, uses Doomsday to create an incident that could only be made by someone with the strenght of Supes
>People's opinion change
>Superman gets sad

Just give him a moment of happiness before throwing him into a spiral of sadness

Also:
>fucking Luis
I have a friend named Luis who would be pretty happy if this happened.
>>
>>81522068
I don't know if it's a problem I have with this Superman or Superman in general but I hate how all of his fight scenes are totally pointless and have no stakes whatsoever. He gets tossed around like a sack of potatoes but never really takes any damage. It's the epitome of uninteresting. All I can think while watching MoS is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-NCkhhTKOQ
>>
>>81522421
>splats a weak nigger throught several walls
>didn't hear the bomb because they were judging me
>consider this mercy
>world hates me now, better hide in mountains
>can't save own mom from some dudes with guns
>Superman was never real
>drown the horses clark
>no one stays good forever
>>
>>81523015
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree anon.

Thing is, I think a ultra-realistic take on Superheroes and how they effect the world they live in is a very interesting concept, the sudden shift of the monopoly of force, the international issues, social changes and such. I'm involved in statecraft professionally, and I do sometimes wonder what the implications of Superpowers would mean for the world. How would people react? Would it cause governments to increase hostility with each-other or cause them to co-operate? How would the public react to a successful vigilante?

However, that's not something that they should put into the big screen blockbusters. Trying to apply realism to the DC mythos just causes clashes between what the character says and what the character does. Even then, Snyder does a pretty terrible job of making these characters realistic. He confuses realistic with some bastardised tragic grimdarkness.
>>
>>81522068
>>81522174
>>81522374
well I guess this is a thing I want now
>>
>>81523307
I am glad they protray a realistic world around Supes, him becomin cold, doubful and cynical because of it? NOPE, if modern world didn't bring Captain America down to its level, Superman should be no different.
>>
>>81523104
i'm actually with you on the hearing scene
have him smile so its conveyed that he is trying as hard as he can to make others comfortable and then crush him so we feel his pain even more
>>
>>81522582
Sure he moped when things got really bad, but he still wanted to strive for something greater. I didn't really feel that in MoS, where it seemed like he didn't want to do anything.
>>
>>81523368
superman has a completely different relationship to the world than captain america does, there isn't equivalency there
>>
>>81523457
Watch it again, you'll be surprised.

The only time I get the feeling of Supes striving to rise above is the doomsday sacrifice bit.
>>
>>81523457
the thing is, mos is kind of cheeky in how it portrays clark as having to move around all the time. 'shit, people are saved and i have to move on before shit hits the fan' but it uses this to get him to where he meets jor-el and finds his life's purpose
>>
If Wonder Woman can cut off Doomsday's limbs and he regenerates them, can she do the same to Superman? Would he grow a stupid bone spike hand if she cut his off? Can he regen limbs at all?
>>
>>81522377
>>81522686
>>81523298

He didn't killed the warlord guy.
>>
>>81523368

Superman wasn't cold and cynical. He was troubled, ashamed and feeling guilty.

He's not smiling while saving people because people were either waiting specifically for him or adoring him as a God. That was troublesome for him.
>>
>>81523748
The warlord survived Superman pushing his body at superspeed trought several walls.... HOW?
>>
My biggest complaint is obviously Notmuh Supes, but I don't even know who this Superman is for. He's not particularly heroic, we don't see him save more than a few people in each movie. Overall the Snyderverse movies are about the world, and what Superman has done to the world rather than a movie about what Superman thinks/feels. It's not Cavill's fault, and I have hope that when he comes back at the end of JL/beginning of JL2, he'll be more reflective and his solo movie after that will be more about him. I don't want an ASS adaptation, but a movie about his trials or something to that effect is the best way get people to care about Superman again.
>>
>>81523799
>If I wanted it, you'd be dead already
>Consider this mercy
>No one stays good forever
>Superman was just a farmer's dream
>>
>>81523856

Dunno, man, but he did or otherwise they would make that a thing.
>>
>>81523878

>If I wanted it, you'd be dead already

That's not a lie.

>Consider this mercy

It is. He could have taken Batman and given to the cops.

>No one stays good forever
>Superman was just a farmer's dream

That is him not feeling himself up to the expectations.
>>
>>81522068
No, I don't.

Let's face it, if Superman was real, he'd be a lot more like Superboy Prime instead. You can't be that powerful and somehow turn into a boy scout bitch that takes shit from everybody. At least once, you'd be cocky and arrogant. That should have been the premise for Batman beating his ass, not some convoluted shit with Lex Luthor and Doomsday and Wonder Woman that had no reason to be there.
>>
>hearing gets bombed
>Superman literally goes for a hike for several days instead of vowing to find out who was behind it
>>
Luis. Louis. Every time. Why is Lois so hard for people to spell? It's amusing though.

I'd make him less mean. He spent most of BvS mean-mugging and I didn't like that. He seems too mean to come off as Superman. Cavill needs to be given a good script and good direction. I dunno. There's so much wrong, but it all seems so nitpicky to me, and yet the whole of it is definitely flawed.
>>
I like things about the character, but I'll always feel like Cavill is getting a short end of the stick with Zack Snyder at the helm
>>
>>81523935
>That's not a lie.

That doesn't make it any less cold or cynical. Especially since he said this to a person he was trying to get help from and talk down. How should I get his help? Better threaten him instead of just explaining the situation!
>>
>>81524109

How would you stop a crazy man that is trying to kill you? He wanted to show his force and that if he really had wanted, Batman would be dead, but that is not what he wants so Batman should stop that bullshit.
>>
File: 1990482-supermans_arti.png (491 KB, 663x384) Image search: [Google]
1990482-supermans_arti.png
491 KB, 663x384
>>81522236
I think that's more of the color of the suit itself. I've seen some new52 iterations that look good.

Also, I'm super disappointed we'll never get the Proto-superman stuff in movies. like the black shirt and aviator cap in American Alien, or the T shirt and boots in early new52
>>
>>81524040
>MoS
>Surrenders to man's authorities as a symbol of trust

>BvS
>Runs away
>>
>>81523966
Just because you or I would be an asshole, that doesn't mean Clark has to be one to be "realistic".

Thta's the point, there are still good people in the world, supes would be one of them.
>>
>>81524177
>How would you stop a crazy man that is trying to kill you?

If I'm an invincible alien superhero and my opponent hasn't exploited my weakness yet? I'd rip his stupid suit off, fly him into low orbit and calmly explain the situation, instead of acting like a belligerent fucktard because the movie I'm in has to have me fight him.

If Superman was actually Superman he would have let Batman think the traps right at the start worked and taken the time to explain the situation. Batman wasn't so crazy that he would ignore being completely used by Lex Luthor, who Batman KNEW was up to some shit anyway.
>>
I was fine with MoS being a real struggle for people to accept him, and for him to accept himself. I was less fine with this same struggle happening in the second movie. If he's not completely accepting of himself in the next film, I don't know what the fuck they're doing
>>
>>81524277

>If I'm an invincible alien superhero and my opponent hasn't exploited my weakness yet? I'd rip his stupid suit off, fly him into low orbit and calmly explain the situation, instead of acting like a belligerent fucktard because the movie I'm in has to have me fight him.

That's basically what he did. He flew Batman through the abandoned building hoping to damage his armor and told him to stand down.

>If Superman was actually Superman he would have let Batman think the traps right at the start worked and taken the time to explain the situation. Batman wasn't so crazy that he would ignore being completely used by Lex Luthor, who Batman KNEW was up to some shit anyway.

His mom was in danger and he was nervous. He knows that Batman is a crazy violent fucker. Why would he play dead and waste minutes?
>>
>>81522967
>Cavill smiling

he looks so good in the role, why did he had to be such a joyless edgelord?

why we can´t have nice things?
>>
>>81523868
>http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/05/zack-snyder-didnt-change-superman
He made it based on the true canon. This is who Superman at his core. This isn't the shitty inaccurate donner films, this is exactly how comic book Superman is, sorry you're too stupid too understand that.
>>
>>81524447
Shit, what comics are these based off of? Because of the hundreds of superman I've read, this sounds like none of them
>>
>>81524447
Quentin Tarantino wrote this, right?
>>
>>81522068
There needs to be a hero movie that focuses solely on saving people often with their super powers. Not "a jet this part, then a person the next part" kind of micro managing video space.

All of the saving types. Show what a hero that we look up to can be. That "filler" that saving people is treated like is really the main substance of the movie. Saving people from themselves. Saving people from disasters. Saving people from bad people, and please leave the political crap like "oh he's a gun owner so he's automatically evil" rhetoric. 1/3rd of your audience, if not most are gun enthusiasts / don't care people have guns. Because they think they can make a difference too if they were called upon. (soldiers included, hippies)

So lets see, lets have at least 50 saving scenes, not 50 people. FIFTY times the hero is selected with individual(s) and rescues them. I can't tell you how joyful a Daredevil rescue and a Spiderman rescue feels when watching it. Just that it's cool. SO FUCKING DO IT
>>
>>81524372
>Why would he play dead and waste minutes?

I don't know, why would he waste even more minutes having a stupid fight? He fights him for no reason whatsoever. The fact that he never actually tries to explain what is going on is embarrassing, and also would have meant they wouldn't have had to go with the infinitely dumb SAVE MARTHAAAA thing.
>>
>>81524598

Superman pushed him. That's it. Then the kryptonita bomb-smoke and it was a fight for survival.
>>
>>81524514
>http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/21/zack-snyder-on-how-batman-v-superman-is-like-watchmen/
>“I was surprised with the fervency of the defense of the concept of Superman,” Snyder says of his detractors. “I feel like they were taking it personally that I was trying to grow up their character.”
BvS is what happens when you bring Superman into the real world and not a kids movie.
>>
>>81524636
>Superman pushed him. That's it. Then the kryptonita bomb-smoke and it was a fight for survival.

That doesn't address why he never explains the situation.

I'd also buy the survival thing if there weren't several moments in the fight where he regained his strength and had the upper hand. The fact that he didn't melt the grenade launcher with his heat-vision the second he had the chance after getting hit the first time is retarded.
>>
>>81524700
Why would I, or anyone want to "bring superman into the real world" again? If the end result was a less than stellar movie, I'd rather they kept it in a fictional world of comic books
>>
>>81524788
>Have Batman in the same movie to prove a "dark" contrats to Superman
>Supes is just as brooding, cynical and dark as Batman is!

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>81522271
>Fuck off

Snyder's Superman is spectacularly one-note and passive as a protagonist.

He has no goal other than to maintain the status quo.
>>
>>81525078

>He has no goal other than to maintain the status quo.

Is that pretty much most super-heroes including Superman?
>>
File: all-star superman 1.jpg (71 KB, 565x858) Image search: [Google]
all-star superman 1.jpg
71 KB, 565x858
>>81523799
>Superman wasn't cold and cynical. He was troubled, ashamed and feeling guilty.

And he basically stayed that way the whole film. He was a mopey mood guy except with Lois.

Snyder characterizes Superman as a distant and alien and largely indifferent figure. People don't have to like that.
>>
>>81524636
He pushed him. Then he flies him through a building and takes him down on the building while telling him to stay down. Then he gets hit with the gas.
>>
>>81522174
>52
>>
>>81525168

He wasn't indifferent. He was breaking down by all the guilt.
>>
>>81524362
Super this.
The end of Man of Steel gave me the impression that he'd gone through his trials as Clark/Kal-El and come out as Superman. I remember hearing back when BvS was first announced that Supes was now weary from is time as a hero or some such but it turned out to be only a year and a half, which makes it feel like they just lazily ignored the end of MoS because they preferred to rehash the same thing rather than make their Superman too much like Superman.
>>
>>81525421
MoS would be remembered much more fondly if the character progressed. And yes, that probably means NOT doing BvS
>>
>>81522068
Needs the trunks back
>>
>>81525118
>Is that pretty much most super-heroes including Superman?

In the best stories he is able to invoke a change in the world, however small and fleeting. And really his function is to evoke something in readers.

For all of Snyder's talk of realism, his Superman never does much of anything realistic.
>>
>>81523966
Lex, go back to jail
>>
>>81525226
>He wasn't indifferent. He was breaking down by all the guilt.

He seemed indifferent. He comes across as aloof.

He never vocalizes a complex thought about the impact of his actions in the world, or how he could change it.

The asshole could help more people digging canals and buildings homes, not to mention construction projects.

Superman could tunnel for a highway and save billions to cities.
>>
>>81524277
>If I'm an invincible alien superhero and my opponent hasn't exploited my weakness yet? I'd rip his stupid suit off, fly him into low orbit and calmly explain the situation, instead of acting like a belligerent fucktard because the movie I'm in has to have me fight him.

how the fuck is that any better than what he actually did?
>>
>>81525635
>He never vocalizes a complex thought about the impact of his actions in the world, or how he could change it.

This, I don't know if it's the character or the movie itself, but it feels like Superman is THINKING about this stuff and the movie just never actually focuses on it.
>>
>>81525635

Superman in the movie is fearing the unwanted consequences of his action. He's being led by fear and guilt.

Why would he try to actively change things when he's worried to the death that his actions might cause more harm?
>>
>>81524447
>ew told me what superman comics are like
Cool, man
>>
>>81525671
Because I actually include him explaining the situation?

>>81525728
>Why would he try to do good things when he's afraid of doing bad things?

Because he's fucking Superman?
>>
>>81524362
MoS wasn't a struggle for people to accept him or for him to accept himself.
the only point in the movie where he struggles with self acceptance is the flashback where jonathan tells him the truth about how he found clark
how people would react to him at large is something that's not really addressed other than being used to set the whole weight and implications of his very existence

BvS deals with how superman fits into the world, and how his existence changes things and creates anxiety and tension.
the thing i'm personally hoping for is them making a point of whatever changes the world goes through if their world changes at all in the dceu
>>
>>81525822

What i am saying is in the movie Superman is trying to simple save people and not change the status quo dramatically, because every time he does something someone gets hurt as a consequence. He's scared of this. So he's trying to do the bear minimum.
>>
>>81524578
>So lets see, lets have at least 50 saving scenes, not 50 people. FIFTY times the hero is selected with individual(s) and rescues them. I can't tell you how joyful a Daredevil rescue and a Spiderman rescue feels when watching it. Just that it's cool. SO FUCKING DO IT

you want a whole feature length movie of montages of a guy going around and helping people in trouble?
>>
>>81525883
That may describe superman "deconstructions" like The Sentry, but it doesn't fit the real Superman.
>>
>>81524277
>I'd rip his stupid suit off, fly him into low orbit and calmly explain the situation
You would be the worst superhero ever jesus christ
He'd pass out or DIE if you take him into low orbit man.
That's way way worse than what Clark did.

But I do think the fight was pointless.
>>
>>81525904
He wants Superman Returns again
>>
>>81525883
>He's scared of this. So he's trying to do the bear minimum.

What an asshole.

A superhero should help no matter what. If you mean well then your actions will ring true eventually. That's part of your responsibility.
>>
>>81522068

I just don't like Henry Cavill. I wish Routh was still Superman.
>>
>>81522068
His suit is literally kryptonian underarmor underwear.
>>
>>81526041

>A superhero should help no matter what.

Even when his actions end up making people get in trouble or hurt? He should just say "Fuck people dying because of what i did, i'll just keep on trying anyway. I'll get it right eventually"?
>>
>>81522068
>Did you like this Superman, /co/?
I love Cavill as Superman, but I think the script doesn't do him justice. The few light-hearted moments we had were great, but those scenes get lost in the otherwise fark tone of the movie.
In BvS in particular I liked the bath scene and the "you are my world" moment with Lois, as well as Supes interaction with Lex on top of a tower and him subsequently shielding Lex from Doomsday's blow. Those were all great Superman moments in my opinion.
Overall, we need more "comfy" scenes with Superman/Clark Kent. We already know he's a hero who wants to do good, but we need to see him as a person as well.
Or, you know, you could always just add Krypto, that pup's interactions with Supes always humanizes the later.
>>
>>81526110
The answer for that is the movie turning Supes into a fucking moron.

In no point in the whole movie until Doomsday is unleashed, Superman feels weaker that whatever opossing him.

he just forgets how to fight armed goons or how to check for explosive devices by chance. The same guy who 2 years ago fended by himself an army of superpowered warrios like him.
>>
>>81526110
>Even when his actions end up making people get in trouble or hurt?

Yes?

Help is help. Unless you're a fucking moron and you destroy a city saving a kitten, you're helping.

Focusing on the cause and effect to this degree is pointless. Eventually Superman and the rest of the League WILL actively try to help people, right?
>>
>>81526255

He ignored Wallace out of shame and guilt. It was his mistake. He said so to Lois and was wrecked by it. If he had only payed attention, but he couldn't even look the guy in the eyes.
>>
>>81526336
>saved whole planet from certain doom
>ashamed that some guy hates me

Why is he maturing backwards?
>>
>>81526438

He's ashamed that the guy fucking lost his legs because of him and his kind. The guy's just one of the many people that died because of him. He just can't face it.

Look, it is a bad movie, but none of this should be hard to understand.
>>
>>81522068
I liked him fine
>>
>>81526515
>He just can't face it.

Dude, you're talking about freakin Superman, stop justfying Snyder's lack of insight on the character.

You don't have to understand shit if you lay of the denial long enough to realize the character is badly written in the movie.
>>
>>81525728
>Why would he try to actively change things when he's worried to the death that his actions might cause more harm?

Even celebrities IRL do charity events.
>>
>>81526515
>He just can't face it.

Why is he so incompetent? Did he really think no one was harmed in his super-destructive battle in Metropolis? And if he realized this, why is he having trouble accepting it? Get over it, man.
>>
>>81526640

So Superman in the comics never feel ashamed when someone gets hurt because of his actions?
>>
>>81522377
He's smiling when he's saving the girl he only looks concerned when they start reaching out to touch him
>>
>>81522068
My problem is that no one calls him out on how much of a sociopath he is. He was too focused in Zod, nearly wiping both Smallville and Metropolis out and he never put too much thought into how many people he killed as collateral. The Horses scene would have made more sense if he showed some remorse for the people he accidentally killed. Not to mention the fact he will alwaya go out of his way to save Lois, ignoring any and all bystanders who could be affected.
>>
>not muh superman

What did you people want? It's a different fucking story.

Did you want him pulling a kid out of a well then winking at the camera and telling you to stay in school and not do drugs? Not even marvel quip flicks are as campy and boring as the trash you people are suggesting.
>>
>>81522607
>http://m.xhamster.com/movies/5747726/antje_traue_der_fall_barschel.html
She seems... older.

Also that scene is very un-sexy. In my opinion.
>>
>>81527290
>muh false dichotomy
>>
The movie had no subtlety at all. When they wanted you to get excited the music switched to a quicker beat blaring in your face. With the music switching to tell you how you should feel at all times. On top of that they took ever chance to they could in order to compare him to Jesus and God.

Not only does it lack any subtlety but it is inconsistent through out. Superman can't detect the bomb in the wheelchair but he can hear Bruce talking to Alfred through his earbud. The remote for the bomb (I assume it was remote activated) should give off a similar radio signal. He can pick up on Lois being taken hostage half way around the world but can't pick up his mom being kidnapped and tortured in the same city. And why the fuck would they bring her to Metropolis or Gotham (not sure exactly where she was held hostage).
>>
File: Krypto_New52.jpg (683 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Krypto_New52.jpg
683 KB, 1024x1024
>>81526126
Everything becomes instantly better with Krypto.
>>
>>81522068
I think Cavill is great as Superman. It's just that he's only got to play the sadder side of Superman so far.
>>
>>81527753

>Not only does it lack any subtlety but it is inconsistent through out. Superman can't detect the bomb in the wheelchair but he can hear Bruce talking to Alfred through his earbud. The remote for the bomb (I assume it was remote activated) should give off a similar radio signal. He can pick up on Lois being taken hostage half way around the world but can't pick up his mom being kidnapped and tortured in the same city. And why the fuck would they bring her to Metropolis or Gotham (not sure exactly where she was held hostage).

He purposely ignored the wheelchair dude and Bruce Wayne got his attention.
He knew where Lois was and was keeping his attention on her but he didn't knew where his mom was.
>>
>>81526769
He feels shame, he doesn't quit because of it, that what makes him better, that what makes him Superman.

Hell we've just finished a whole arc in the comics were a depowered, hated Superman still stood in front of humanity in order to protect it, how is that hard to get?
>>
>>81528183

He also tried to get his powers like a desperate junkie to the point where he punched Flash and almost killed himself.

And in the movie he still kept going to the point of sacrificing his own life to save everybody, but don't let that stop you.
>>
File: superman-smile.jpg (88 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
superman-smile.jpg
88 KB, 600x813
>>81522068
Instead of making him space Jesus, just make him a farmer boy from Smallville who has superpowers and wants to save everyone but can't but at least he tries his best. That's literally all I want, man.
>>
>>81528007
I guess I shouldn't base it off the comics but superman keeps tabs on the health and well being of his parents at times. It seems like if he can pick up on Lois instantly and come and save her from falling off of the lexcorp building he should be able to focus and pick up on his mother given a fucking hour.
>>
>>81529387

But Lois screamed and Martha was gaged.
>>
>>81528739

But in the movie Superman is just a farmer boy using his powers while people hype him as Jesus or the Devil and he doesn't know how to deal with it.
>>
File: 1457930253066.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457930253066.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
I like the costume, and Henry Cavill's looks.
>>
File: 1431905307305.jpg (539 KB, 934x1387) Image search: [Google]
1431905307305.jpg
539 KB, 934x1387
>>81528739
That's what everyone wants. But, it's clear Snyder won't deliver on the most widely accepted interpretation of the character.

It's true that any hero is open to interpretation by the writer or director or whomever is involved. But when you're trying to sell this character to a global audience, hardcore and casual alike. especially one with such a long and rich history like Superman. Go with the one people are most familiar with, most accepting of.

You aren't wrong for writing a more "serious" and "realistic" Superman, Snyder. But you have had two chances to sell us on this different take on the character and it backfired both times. Just stick to what works.
>>
>>81529468
But in the film it feels like he's only helping people because he can not because he wants too. Tell me one scene where he says/emotes that he wants to help people. Just one.
>>
>>81529589

>It's true that any hero is open to interpretation by the writer or director or whomever is involved. But when you're trying to sell this character to a global audience, hardcore and casual alike. especially one with such a long and rich history like Superman. Go with the one people are most familiar with, most accepting of.

The movie accepted version is Richard Donner's Superman. That's it. Superman Returns tried that.
>>
>>81522068
I liked him as pre-Superman in MoS, but if BvS is an indication of the full fledged Superman then nah
>>
>>81529589
I am with you there. It seem far too much like he is trying to shape the character to fit his idea of what he should be instead of the one every one accepts.

Hell honestly I think a bvs movie could work but it would have to have been built up and play out like in the dark knight returns with batman going too far and being seen as the villain. The batman they set up in this could be switched up to be that batman if only their superman was more traditional.
>>
Do you think Superman believes in god? Is he an atheist?
>>
>>81529946
He was raised on a farm in Kansas. Do you really think he is an atheist?
>>
>>81530007
He's also an alien from the stars
>>
I like Cavill a lot, but he was really short changed in this movie

I have no doubt WB execs were like "focus more on Batman and not on this hipster doofus"

Im waiting for final judgement on this movie until I see the Director's Cut. At least there will be a lot more Clark/Superman scenes in it, like Clark actually having a role in the plot and going to Gotham, investigating Batman, etc
>>
>>81530283
From a monoteist race that worshipped the god Rao.
>>
I don't have a problem with him. I have a problem with how Snyder wants to make being Superman really unfun.
>>
Pointed this out before and I'll do it again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATp3uig49E
Watch Cavill exert the perfect level of charisma to handle the question
Watch everyone else fall to pieces upon the question
Cavill is a great Superman actor who hasn't gotten a chance to play Superman
>>
>>81522068
>how would you fix him?
I like Cavill a lot, but it's just not working. Either get a better director, or give Tom Hanks a mocap suit.

I'm sure that not even Snyder can tank the Hanks.
>>
>>81530428
Jesus Christ, the BvS making of documentary would be a better superman movie.

>ywn have a Marcus/McFeely written Superman with a proper director.

Just coming from the Red Son thread this breaks my heart.
>>
>>81530508
Cavill is fine for the roll and works best when he's smiling and playing foil to the more serious character. What these movies really need is a director with a more human touch. Someone that can really interpret a scene and bring out the true nature of these characters. Snyder isn't the man for that. He's all big and visual and mythic, with the humanity of the characters riding backseat.
>>
>>81522068
I like Henry Cavill as Supes, but the movies script makes him seem like a guy who doesn't really enjoy helping people. That scene where he saved the little mexican girl would have been better if he had to go back for a cat or teddy or something and it ended with her hugging him and have him smiling...not being reached at by people forcing the religious imagery. Have him interact with people more..
>>
>>81530666
>Jesus Christ, the BvS making of documentary would be a better superman movie.
It literally was, have you seen it? Cavill is so enthusiastic about the character
>>
Do you know what I hate most about Snyder?
It's not whether he's good or bad. I liked he's batman, I didn't like his supes, but that's irrelevant. Is his freaking attitude.
>hurr some people didn't like I grew their characters up
No, you smug piece of shit. "Growing up" doesn't necessarily happen the way you show. A JLTAS supes is just as much possible and "adult" as a MoS one.

It's fine to have a more grim or any type of different take on a superhero, but trying to paint your version as more mature is flat out moronic.
>>
>>81530854
My bad, I meant MoS I'm not a time traveler I promise goddamn it I gave myself away paradox inbound sorry Grant
>>
>>81530854
I've seen Cavil in UNCLE and some interviews.

I really like the dude, but he seems too nice to complain or punch someone in the face.
>>
File: 122v97.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
122v97.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>81522068
>>
>>81525883
Except even when he saves people, someone gets hurt as a consequence. So he could fuck off back to space and the world would be a better place, which was the entire ethos of Batman's (however flawed) argument.
>>
File: supaman.jpg (20 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
supaman.jpg
20 KB, 199x253
>>81522068
>how would you fix him?

Just watch this movie here
>>
>>81530340
>>81522289
>Cavill had more lines in the first 5-10 minutes o The Man From Uncle than he did in the entirety of BvS
God, what the fuck are they doing.
>>
I liked him a lot. It's a more realistic depiction of a how a guy with that kind of power would feel. Not to say I don't like more confident Supes, but I'd rather see Space Moses who doesn't want to be Space Jesus than Space Jesus played straight.
>>
>>81523387
The hearing scene had a very serious atmosphere, I'm not sure if supermans smile would be well recieved. It may actually piss people off.
>>
>That Superman thread on /v/
I want to cry. Man of Steel of Superman's last chance to connect to the modern audience and Zack the Hack completely ruin that.
>>
>>81532645
again, it meant it as a away to hit the explosion hit harder emotionally.
he takes a breath and you see his face brighten then the place explodes, then you see him in anguish.
if i had to guess, i think it's possible they thought of it but thought it would be too intense.
>>
>>81531801
Godly tastes. Elite Supes is best supes.
>>
>>81531801
Watching Superman take out the Elite with deadly efficiency was spectacular to watch.
>>
>>81534283

Elite Supes was a faggot.
>>
>>81522068
Cavil is good as superman. the problem is the writing.

how to fix: fire all the movie writers. ALL OF THEM. fire the directors too. fire the people who hired them. then find someone who understands the character and isn't a fucking moron and can write. hire them. let them write and don't micromanage them.

there, you now have a decent superman script.
>>
>>81522236
How can you not compare supes to jesus though.
>>
>>81522686
>supporting abortion
>not liberal

C'mon

In all seriousness thought that dude is a total twat
>>
>>81526255
>or how to check for explosive devices by chance

Is that what Superman is to you? So paranoid he's always going to double check a Senate hearing for explosives, just in case, even though it already has high level security measures in place?
>>
>>81522068

I tried really hard to like him, but honestly, what's even there to like? Half the time he has that pouty confused look on his face like he doesn't know who he is, the other half is him in dream sequences vaporizing people.
>>
>>81534283
this is such a fucking stupid story and such a passive aggressive Supes.

>I don't like you like edgy heroes public, so I will stage killing them to horrify you back into decency rather than be a decent human being myself
Fuck you Kelly. Ellis, Milar, Morrison are all better writers than you.
>>
File: 1430170079662.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1430170079662.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
>Can hear Lois' breath to know that she's drowning, can somehow locate Lois who is doing deep journalism work in Africa

>Can't find his own mother when Lex kidnaps him

>Trusts Batman to go find his mother for him, although he had a kryptonite spear to his face

Such a mind boggling character
>>
>>81541109

Metropolis and Gotham are close and Superman was paying attention to Lois in Africa.
>>
>>81522068
Just fucking change the director and he will be great. Cavill's like Evans to Cap, he's perfect for the role but with the wrong script and director.
>>
>>81541222

>Lois gets flung off a building
>There to catch her
>Doesn't pay attention to his own mother

Just admit the writing was awful. It's okay.
>>
>>81541653

Lois screamed, Martha was gag'd.
>>
File: a real hero.webm (2 MB, 1280x691) Image search: [Google]
a real hero.webm
2 MB, 1280x691
>>81522068
He should be fucking Luis. He would be a better hero than if he was fucking Lois.
>>
>>81541702

Was she also screaming under water?
>>
>>81541717

Tapping.
>>
>>81541705

This Superman only cares about saving Lois and no one else. You're not Lois, well tough luck, good luck suffocating under all that rubble.
>>
>>81541857
While Luis saved a guy whose clothes and equipment he stole. Something's not right here.
>>
File: Hot-Photos-Henry-Cavill-Smiling.jpg (148 KB, 770x1024) Image search: [Google]
Hot-Photos-Henry-Cavill-Smiling.jpg
148 KB, 770x1024
>>81522068
I'd fix DCEU's Supes by making Cavill ad-lib all his lines
>>
>That jumping into space every time he flies.
>That slow landing with his cape going everywhere.
Yes, he was sex to the sight.
>>
>Movie is supposed to contrast between the different personalities of Superman and Batman
>They're both emo edge-lords the entire run time

Was such a tiresome movie to watch.
>>
He is only capable of displaying two emotions: angry and concern. Somewhere in between if you're lucky.

They tried to replicate the nolan trilogy's success (even went with the decision to call it Man of Steel, similar to The Dark Knight) but didn't understand that the serious tone of the nolan movies worked because batman has the ability to be a grounded hero, Supes does not. All it resulted in was muh jesus and nothing else.

I like Henry Cavill just LET HIM SMILE FUCK
>>
>>81541109
Except thay he still knew where lois went to in Africa and he knows that batman isn't a BAD guy, just confused about who the enemy is. Once he got through to Bruce supes knew he could trust him. Good god, maybe Snyder is actually right and the movie really is just too deep for people understand.
>>
>>81542228

>Pants on retarded writing is now "too deep"

Haha oh wow, there's nothing deep about writing convenient little plot lines that only fit together when you want to but don't work when you don't want them to.

Being able to keep track of your girlfriend's heartbeat but not the mother who raised you isn't being "deep" and the fact that you're actually unironically defending it is beyond stupid.

>He knows Batman isn't a BAD guy

Did you even watch most of the movie or did you wake up just in time for the third act?
>>
>>81542479
>>81541109
Not the defending the plot, since I didn't like the movie that much, but fuck anon you are retarded.
>Can hear Lois' breath to know that she's drowning
Of fucking course he didn't, it was the tapping Louis did when she was calling for help. You hear it once from louis perspective, and once for supes'

In case it didn't come clear enough for you, supes has an ear on Louis 24/7, on <louis>.

Also he didn't like batman methods, that's it, he gave him a damned warning to stop his shit.
>>
>>81532873
>Superman's last chance
How many times in his 75 year history do you think this phrase has been repeated
If Superman survived the 50s he'll survive Zack Snyder
>>
>>81522068
rogaine
>>
>>81522686
>killing terrorists
>edgy
Fucking hell dude you could use a dose of edgy
>>
>>81523856
I don't know, how does batman survive, well, every fucking thing he receives in the movie?
Also
>several.
>>
>>81522068
yeah

>If not, how would you fix him?
give him some needed character development. he has stayed the same character since he first showed up in Man of Steel.
>>
>>81522068
He's great, just hasn't had the opportunity to shine like Supes should. Hoping that happens after Batsensei gathers all the other samurai.
>>
>>81541954
>cheeky English Superman
>>
>>81522068
Make him genuinely optimistic in earnest.
>>
>>81529702
>Tell me one scene where he says/emotes that he wants to help people. Just one.

MoS ends with Clark going
> I'm here to help... but it has to be on my own terms.
And then shows him arrive at Daily Planet.

In BvS he wants Batman to stop because he cannot just let a vigilante run around torturing and branding (which is a death sentence in jail) criminals.
>>
>>81529918
>with batman going too far and being seen as the villain.

You honestly didn't think Batman had gone more than a bit batty in the movie? He was an inch away from being the villain.
>>
>>81537257

By not being Burgerican.
>>
>>81523868
>He's not particularly heroic, we don't see him save more than a few people in each movie.

Yeah I guess him saving the entire planet Earth doesn't count but continue you sound smart.
>>
>>81541109

Lois was also 40 feet away dipshit
>>
>>81522068
Cavill has little to no material to work with and gets awful direction from Snyder. He's a better Superman in interviews than in the fucking movies.
>>
File: the rock.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
the rock.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>Superman gets confronted in court
>hell yeah
>this is perfect
>let the both the world and the audience know what he's about
>the wheelchair explodes right when he's about to open his mouth
>>
File: Murdering_intensifies.gif (318 KB, 506x415) Image search: [Google]
Murdering_intensifies.gif
318 KB, 506x415
>>81544192
>MoS ends with Clark going
> I'm here to help... but it has to be on my own terms. And then shows him arrive at Daily Planet.

He never said that he wanted to help. He's only helping because his real Dad told him that he would be a god to the humans. He only helps because he can. He never once expressed the desire to be a superhero

>In BvS he wants Batman to stop because he cannot just let a vigilante run around torturing and branding (which is a death sentence in jail) criminals.

Which is highly hypocritical of him because he murders criminals in this universe. He only feels like he can do it instead of Batman because Batman doesn't have superpowers.
>>
>>81545679

>He never said that he wanted to help. He's only helping because his real Dad told him that he would be a god to the humans. He only helps because he can. He never once expressed the desire to be a superhero

He was saving people way before finding the Scout Ship and Ghost Jor-El.

>Which is highly hypocritical of him because he murders criminals in this universe. He only feels like he can do it instead of Batman because Batman doesn't have superpowers.

He only murdered Zod because there was no other way.
>>
In an effort to make him realistic and flawed they've made him someone that I wouldn't want to emulate, and kind of just pity.
>>
>>81545862
He wasn't actively looking for people to save. He was just doing his own thing and if something came up then he would save them not because he wanted too, because he had too.

He murdered that guy in Africa when he crushed him through the wall. Also, he was about to murder Lex Luthor without giving it a second thought but he was blackmailed not to
>>
>>81545976

That's the problem right there.
>>
>>81522068
>Sometimes it feels like he would rather be at his home fucking Luis than saving the world.
That was literally Chris Reeve Supes. He willingly removed his own powers so he could fuck Lois full time. Then he knocked her up and left Earth for like 7 years or someshit.
>>
>>81542228
>and he knows that batman isn't a BAD guy, just confused about who the enemy is.
How does he know that given the whole "The bat is dead bury it" and "I want to write an article about this psychotic vigilante out of Gotham" things leading up to that?
>>
File: 1442374198910.jpg (25 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
1442374198910.jpg
25 KB, 529x399
>>81522174
>>81522068
>mfw my name is luis

i wanna fuck henry cavill
>>
>>81546005

>He wasn't actively looking for people to save. He was just doing his own thing and if something came up then he would save them not because he wanted too, because he had too.

He had no reason to save those kids in the bus or those people in the oil-rig. He did so because he wanted. He's a good person.

>He murdered that guy in Africa when he crushed him through the wall. Also, he was about to murder Lex Luthor without giving it a second thought but he was blackmailed not to

He didn't murdered the African warlord. He said. And we can spend the entire day talking about "what ifs" if he'd murder Lex or Bats.
>>
>>81545679
>Which is highly hypocritical of him because he murders criminals in this universe.

He killed one guy, who swore to commit genocide. Justifiable homicide to save the world. Meanwhile Batman is shown actively torturing people. What kind of a mental leap are you making that this makes Superman a hypocrite?

>He only feels like he can do it instead of Batman because Batman doesn't have superpowers.

Nice headcanon.
>>
>>81546030

>Then he knocked her up and left Earth for like 7 years or someshit.

He also erased her mind before leaving her, making her forget the entire time they spend together. So she was left alone and pregnant without knowing who the father of her child was or how and when it was conceived.
>>
File: 1459904601504.png (428 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
1459904601504.png
428 KB, 639x480
>>81545648

This shit pissed me off the most. I was expecting this touching speech about how he's doing his best to uphold what he thinks is right and then they just say "Nah, fuck that. Blow it up." Its telling that Snyder wouldn't let Superman speak up for himself and actually say his peace and instead fuel the Superman hate train.
>>
>>81522068
where's that Louis and Clark bit from Animaniacs when you need it.
>>
>>81546123
This.

Snyder can say as much as he fucking wants about how much he 'loves' Superman, the movie doesn't tell the same story. He either dislikes Superman or completely misunderstands him.
>>
File: Superman_Stoplookingforasavior.jpg (400 KB, 1048x1600) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Stoplookingforasavior.jpg
400 KB, 1048x1600
I really don't understand what's wrong with pic related. Other than that it runs counter to Snyder's Modernized Mythology But Really Just Jesus viewpoint, and hat it would require him to actually talk seriously while in costume which is apparently impossible.
>>
>>81546123

Lex didn't let Superman speak because Luthor.
>>
>>81522068
He needs more full frontal.
>>
>>81546199

Daily Planet ran good articles about Superman. Bruce Wayne so.
>>
>>81546202
More like because Snyder.
>>
File: 1458507678803.jpg (67 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1458507678803.jpg
67 KB, 576x432
>>81546199

Lemme see if I can get this right: No, that's too corny. That superman is boring and white bread and not interesting at all. He needs more conflict with people and with himself to be compelling and relatable. I can't relate to a guy who always says the right thing, does the right thing is a total boyscout and is an invincible alien. He should be more like Batman cause he's more vulnerable and interesting.

How was that?
>>
>>81546234
It should be obvious how a third hand exposition about second hand information is different from a character speaking firsthand.

Why are you even attempting to compare the two?
>>
>>81546344

I'm just saying.
>>
>>81546367
What? What are you saying? That's less than the bare minimum; that's someone postulating the bare minimum n passing.
>>
File: 1359943457420.jpg (242 KB, 900x660) Image search: [Google]
1359943457420.jpg
242 KB, 900x660
Zod's dead(twice!), Darkseid will be saved for Justice League, what villain will be used for the next Superman movie? Luthorberg will probably cause some more trouble but besides him, what do you think will happen?
>>
>>81546502

That if a bunch of articles didn't swayed opinion, Superman giving a speech probably wouldn't too. Maybe people weren't really paying attention and wanting to give him a chance. Lex specially.
>>
>>81546577
>That if a bunch of articles didn't swayed opinion
For all we know those articles sucked.
Not to mention who the fuck reads newspapers anymore.
>>
Non-Supesfags here reporting in.

Snyder's superman is one a lot more appealing to 90% of mankind except diehard "muh hero of perfect values and morals" fans (which is perfectly fine) and as sadly as this may be, this is probably the only way Superman has of becoming relevant again. No you will never get boy-scout superman AND get it for more than a fan-made 10 minutes film because no fucking one cares for flying heidi. As much a casual as this makes me I liked MoS more than I liked at least half of what I've seen from supes and all the people I know feel the same. He wasn't even THAT dark he simply killed zod because he had no remedy and snyder doesn't have the imagination to have him fly zod to pluto and fight there
>>
>>81547281
>The Winter Soldier has Captain America being a paragon of morality who gives a rousing speech about not being controlled by fear that is visibly shown to impact people listening
>TWS is considered to be one of the best if not the best MCU movie, and a respectable movie in its own right
>Somehow Superman has to be a "serious" figure who can't be morally inspiring
The Winter Soldier was probably one of the most straight up serious and dark MCU movies too.
>>
>>81547281
Find a single consensus based metric that supports your claim.
>>
>>81547415

Cap's TWS speech directly led to the death of numerous SHIELD personnel in the Triskellion once Hydra loyalist started to mow down the opposition. Great job Cap. Inspiring walking corpses is what true America is all about.
>>
>>81546537

JL: Darkseid
MoS2: Mirror's Edge: Bizarro + Luthor
MoS3: Invasion: Braniac
JL2: Lexiac
JL3: Crime Syndicate
Infinite Crisis: Antimonitor
Flashpoint
>>
>>81547976
Could we do Brainiac after Darkseid? Darkseid is the ultimate alien invasion, doing Brainiac afterwards would be kind of weird.
>>
>>81547976
I want to see how badly they can manage to fuck up these characters.
>>
File: file.png (987 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
file.png
987 KB, 960x640
>>81548143

Well you could make Braniac some sort of giant anti-life pro-metalloid super AI fused with a Coluan crime master named Vril Dox.
>>
>>81548143
>>81548177
Also he should quip.
>>
File: aaaah.jpg (103 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
aaaah.jpg
103 KB, 853x353
I would have turned him black

>STOP! WHERE ARE YOU GOING DAAD?
>>
>>81523477
>superman has a completely different relationship to the world than captain america does, there isn't equivalency there
SNYDER's Superman had a different relationship to the world. Classic Superman is someone who was born of good parents on Krypton, raised by good Earthlings in America, and wants to be a good man because of how he is raised. More importantly Superman isn't suppose to TRY to be a good man, he should BE a good man. At no point do I ever doubt that Steve Rogers had anything but the best of intentions, no matter if his actions were right or wrong. Superman? Superman in Snyder's eyes is trying to be good, but doesn't understand the concept.
>>
>>81548143
>Darkseid is the ultimate alien invasion, doing Brainiac afterwards would be kind of weird.

Why? Because muh power levels? Different villains offer different type of challenges.

>>81549079
> More importantly Superman isn't suppose to TRY to be a good man, he should BE a good man
This sounds like Grant Morrison's "it's in his genes to be GOOD!" that people like to bitch about.
>Superman in Snyder's eyes is trying to be good, but doesn't understand the concept.
Snyder's Superman is a normal guy being overwhelmed by the magnitude of the impact that his existence has on the world and the hostility that it brings, but still trying his best to do good.
>>
File: с-сuteSupes.gif (2 MB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
с-сuteSupes.gif
2 MB, 500x302
>>81542214
This. I don't know what Snyder's problem with Supes being happy is.
>>
>>81546076
>He had no reason to save those kids in the bus or those people in the oil-rig. He did so because he wanted. He's a good person.
What the fuck?
No reason at all? What kind of crazy talk is that? Basic common decency demands that if the cost is low enough and the matter is urgent enough, you help people. This isn't about being a saint, this is about being a member of society. If I am indestrctable and I saw someone in danger, I would save them because I could help them with no cost to me. To not help them despite how easy it is, doesn't make me normal, it makes me evil. Not being evil isn't good enough to make you a good person. Being good means going beyond the call of duty. To go beyond just doing what you can do with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back.
>>
>>81549079
He's not even good at trying to be human, much less trying to be good.
>>
>>81549124
>This sounds like Grant Morrison's "it's in his genes to be GOOD!" that people like to bitch about.
Doesn't matter why he is good, what matters is he IS good. I am not going to told it against a good man for having a happy childhood.

>>81549124
>Snyder's Superman is a normal guy being overwhelmed by the magnitude of the impact that his existence has on the world and the hostility that it brings, but still trying his best to do good.
If he is just a normal guy, then he completely failed at MoS's claim that he is suppose to be the light that leads humanity to "join him in the sun". He isn't even IN the damn sun himself, how is anyone suppose to join him?
>>
>>81549161
>then he completely failed at MoS's claim that he is suppose to be the light that leads humanity to "join him in the sun".

Except Superman's whole thing is that he's our greatest hero, while still being a normal guy who grew up in Kansas at heart.
>>
>>81547281
>Snyder's superman is more appealing
Contradicted by the reception of superman in this movie

Are you living under a rock? This movie is being trashed by pretty much everyone, nobody likes this version of superman.
>>
>>81549213
>Except Superman's whole thing is that he's our greatest hero, while still being a normal guy who grew up in Kansas at heart.
Does he even ACT like a Kansas farmboy? Or does he act like an emotionally detached alien?
>>
>>81547976
>>81548143
What about Metallo?
>>
File: dia de los muertos.png (907 KB, 1060x530) Image search: [Google]
dia de los muertos.png
907 KB, 1060x530
>>81522068

I like that he is properly getting an actual character arc throughout several movies, the impact of the true about himself to himself and to the world. Make me care more about the character and makes his struggles seem more understandable. Not saying the execution was well done though and too bad MoS2 turned into BvS but atleast it looked pretty..
>>
>>81522068
I like him. His world is very harsh on him, but he still keeps trying to do what's best, despite the fact that he isn't a God, mentally, he's just a boy from Kansas.

I gather that a lot of people on /co/ really like Superman because he's always good and always right and always has the perfect solution and always saves everybody with a wink and a smile, but I like Superman because he's probably the most psychologically normal "human" out of any Superhero, but his powers mean that he's saddled with the greatest responsibility, and it would be easy as fuck for him to just give up, but he doesn't, and I think this Superman embodies that wonderfully.
>>
>>81530775
I bring this up every time it's mentioned, but if you look at his face, he IS smiling. He fucking loves helping people, it's why, after all the shit he's given, he still does it.

Obviously he stops smiling once people start treating him like a messiah, but that's the theme of this movie, the controversy of a Superman. To have that scene without the imagery would have made it pointless filler, except to the people who think that unless you show Superman constantly saving random people, he somehow isn't Superman.
>>
>>81550879
>I gather that a lot of people on /co/ really like Superman because he's always good and always right and always has the perfect solution and always saves everybody with a wink and a smile,
You've gathered a whole lot of bullshit, with one or two kernels of truth in there.
I can't speak for anyone but myself but for me part of the appeal of Superman was that he doesn't need dead parents or a dead uncle to guilt him into being a nice guy. Giving him angst under the guise of "character development" robs him of that uncomplicated nature.

>>81550961
>Obviously he stops smiling once people start treating him like a messiah, but that's the theme of this movie, the controversy of a Superman.
Shame the same movie refuses to let him address it beyond looking sad. A director that wasn't full of shit would have him try and refute it.
>>
>>81534283
I like this story, but that Supes makes me cringe. He needed to fucking kill Atomic Skull. He goes on and on about how he wants to show Black that "the system works", but I'm pretty sure when you're dealing with atomic mutants, it doesn't always. The dozens of people that were fucking vaporized are a testament to that. I like a Supes that knows when enough is enough, and this guy didn't.

>>81541048
The point wasn't so much that Superman didn't like edgy heroes, but that The Elite were taking it too far. They believed that they should be judge, jury and executioner simply because they have the most power, and their tirade was getting out of hand. Superman's way may not have been the best, but their way was entirely wrong.

That said, it totally ignores that there is a middle ground, where you can not be a tyrannical bully, yet still take a life when the situation calls for it, especially when "the system" is ill-equipped to do so.

>>81542228
>he knows that batman isn't a BAD guy, just confused about who the enemy is
This. One of the greatest moments of the movie that absolutely would have broken it for me had they not done it, was when, despite how much he hated Batman for what he was doing, his first instinct was to convince him to help, instead of actually fighting him. Regardless of how crazed he knew Bats was, he wanted to reason with him first, because he knew he was a good person. He had to have realized everything Batman did for Gotham during all of his research. He didn't disagree with his results, just his recent methods.
>>
>>81551054
>Shame the same movie refuses to let him address it beyond looking sad
I don't think the movie needs to address it with words. I feel like that would almost be spoonfeeding. I mean, he already talks with Lois and Ghost Dad about how troubled he is over his reception in the world on a political level. We see in his reaction to the vandalism of his statue and his expression regarding the fanatics in Mexico that he also isn't crazy about how he's perceived by the people. There are also the people who love him, the statue built for him, there are even supporters of his sprinkled throughout the protest scenes. The pieces are there, and I personally don't think they needed to connect the dots for us. It's easy to see the situation without having to cram some dialogue in there and be like "HURRR, LOIS SOME PEOPLE ARE TREATING ME LIKE JESUS AND THAT MAKES ME FEEL SAD!"

In this movie, important things are stated, like how Superman feels about his father's hopes, and how he feels he isn't up to the task, but the simple things like the state of the world and his reactions to it are just shown to us, and I think it works.
>>
>>81551071
>his first instinct was to convince him to help, instead of actually fighting him.
No, his first instinct was to write a scathing editorial criticizing Batman. There's no implication there whatsoever that he thinks Batman is a good person. His second instinct was to rip the hood off of Batman's car and threaten him into compliance before flying away. That too, has no real indication of his thought processes. He didn't move onto reasoning until his mom had been kidnapped.

He COULDN'T because the director literally said he couldn't accept the idea of them talking to each other in costume as serious. You guys are welcome to like and justify the movie with your theories and interpretations and headcanon but it's hard to buy the idea that Superman was reasoning with anyone when Snyder says shit like that, and when as soon as Clark gets a chance to talk buildings start blowing up just to silence him again.
>>
>>81551054
>I can't speak for anyone but myself but for me part of the appeal of Superman was that he doesn't need dead parents or a dead uncle to guilt him into being a nice guy.

which wasn't the case in the movie either.
>>
The movies make meet feel like the DCCU was born in the marvel universe and not the DC universe and the mcu was made in the DC universe.
>>
>>81551162
>mean, he already talks with Lois and Ghost Dad about how troubled he is over his reception in the world on a political level.
>talks with lois
>talks with ghost dad
>NEVER ACTUALLY TALKS WITH THE PEOPLE.

>and be like "HURRR, LOIS SOME PEOPLE ARE TREATING ME LIKE JESUS AND THAT MAKES ME FEEL SAD!"
That's essentially what they did. No, when I say the movie refuses to let him address the issue, I mean it won't let Clark have a scene like >>81546199
It's hard to feel for Clark moping about people treating him like Jesus when he does nothing to disavow the notion and when the movie *still keeps pushing the gross Jesus metaphor anyway*.

I don't think you get how ass backwards it is for the movie to go Clark is sad because people treat him like a god! When ten seconds earlier it has him descending form the heavens in a beam of light in slow motion.
>>
>>81551229
We'll have to agree to disagree ecause I thought Clark's upbringing was with one exception depicted as fairly bleak and isolated, and that he grew up to give a shit about humanity at all after not only his childhood of alienation but over a decade of not forming any meaningful bonds with people and having no ties to the community to be incredibly inorganic and incongruous to the character we're supposed to believe he becomes.

Nine times out of ten if you had a character that was bullied and isolated from his peers for the first 19 years of is life, then one of his parents dies, then he wanders around as a drifter for ten years, you'd be looking at the backstory elements of a serial killer, not a savior.
>>
>>81551198
>No, his first instinct was to write a scathing editorial criticizing Batman.
Yes, because he wanted to bring his actions to light and hope it would cause a response. He wanted to solve the problem, legally, before resorting to intervening as Superman.
>There's no implication there whatsoever that he thinks Batman is a good person.
Yes there is. The fact that, without hesitation, he decides to ask Bats to help save his mother before the fight shows that he thinks Batman is good. Why would he ask someone he didn't trust? Granted, he could have just tried to find her himself, but he has no fucking clue where she is, she might not even be in Metropolis OR Gotham.
>>81551251
>I don't think you get how ass backwards it is for the movie to go Clark is sad because people treat him like a god! When ten seconds earlier it has him descending form the heavens in a beam of light in slow motion.
So it's Clark's own fault he's treated like Jesus because he saves people? Yeah, I guess he should have let those fuckers drown in the flood, then. I'm sure that would make you happy. Or are you trying to say that because he saves people, he somehow likes to be seen as a god, and that conflicts with his negative emotions about being treated like a god?
>>
>>81550961

You know how you dispel the notion that you're the messiah? It's not by pulling away and wallowing in angst because your father prophesied people not understanding you.
You have to be -more- human. Lighten the mood. Talk about how embarrassing it is to be a fawned over maybe crack a joke
They way you don't convince people you're not a god is to be mysterious, unaccountable, and constantly displaying colossal power.
>>
>>81551407
you literally sound like one of the talking heads in the movie
>>
File: all smiles.jpg (98 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.jpg
98 KB, 1920x800
>>81551251

In a world closer to the real thing, if Superman started to talk like a priest, people would either treat him more like a saint, savior and god-like figure, while others would distrust him even more because his boundless altruism would make him seem more suspicious. The whole point is that his situation is more complicated than anything else, it is easy to see in superman a figure of hope and also to see him as a possible global treat, yet it is impossible to see him as an equal, as a fellow human being, which is what superman actually wants. 'The only way to bring superman down to that level is showing superman fail, show his struggles, showing his weakness, showing his vulnerability.

The problem is that people can't relate to supermans problems, they don't know what it means to be seen as a god or as a total destroyer, the only thing thats left is his death, we all die and so does superman.

Now when he comes back, he'll have to deal with that again, except this time less people will distrust him as they know the whole situation was fabricated by Lex but there will always be a distance between him and humanity. I guess its on Snyder how far he will explore this aspect that has always been a part of the character, Clark might as well learn how to deal with his role, trying to find constant balance between the trust and distrust and appreciating the few real relationships he had and the few people who see him as anything other than this immense figure of hope, those who see him as a son, as a lover, as a friend.
>>
>>81551678
the thing that gets me about whatever comes next is that for him as an individual is that i have no idea what could possibly come next
>>
>>81551741
that's good too, because snyder's making damn sure he never gets another solo movie. no need for character growth or likability when batman's here to make the big bucks for them!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.