[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is his ass overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 3746708-4810560280-36797.jpg (265 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
3746708-4810560280-36797.jpg
265 KB, 800x1200
Is his ass overrated?
>>
>>81521760
So is that all of his character or something
>>
>>81521760
Maybe.

We will never know how great his ass truly is because a lot of artists draw him with a pretty disappointing backside.
>>
More artists truly need to work on giving him an accurate badonk, it's like flat-chested Powergirl half the time.
>>
>>81522735
Only if you go by what Nightwing fans say.

People who like Dick as Robin = people who respect tradition and his being the one all other Robins are modelled after to some extent, like his happy jokey side and providing lighthearted contrast to Batman.

People who like Grayson, Agent of Spyal = people who like super-spy stories, and the idea of a Batfamily member using all his training in a career that lets him fight crime in an actually different way.

People who like Nightwing = people who love DAT ASS and bitching about how Bruuuce is a big meanie and how Nightwing is nothing like him despite being a fucking street-level vigilante who wears black and navy blue and fights crime in a corrupt city.
>>
Without a doubt. When you really donthe math and consider all the great asses there has to be in the DC universe than the idea that Dock Grayson has the best ass becomes an astronomical probability.
>>
>>81522929
>People who like Nightwing
>not people who only care about MUH FINGERSTRIPES
I'm glad he doesn't have them because it makes all those autists angry.
>>
>>81522929
Oh, and before anyone says "That's just superficial similarities between him and Bruce, the REAL difference is that he's nice and friendly and trusts people unlike Mean Ol' Bruuuce", that trend towards making Batman increasingly socially retarded and treating everyone like shit only really took hold around the time that Nightwing left the Titans books to orbit around the Bat-family. Batman became a huge violent asshole to contrast with Tim's sensitivity and smarts, and to make Dick's teen angst feel justified even after Prodigal.
>>
>>81523055
Oh fuck, I forgot about the finger-stripe bitching. I actually liked that element of his costume too, I just don't understand the obsessive fetishization of it.
>>
>>81523161
>I just don't understand the obsessive fetishization of it.

Well it's because it is related to a glove/fingering fetish
>>
>>81522929
A lot of people only cream themselves over Grayson because of the fanservice though

Even /co/
>>
>>81523232
I mean, I love it because I love Tim Seeley, and I assumed that if Hack/Slash could have a fanbase that isn't just teen boys drooling over Cassie, then I'd give Grayson's fanbase the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>81523128
Batman would have been a violent asshole regardless of what the Batfamily did
>>
There IS an undeniable element of sexuality and queer appeal to Robin, going all the way back to "Seduction of the Innocent", so I don't think sexualizing Dick in his comics is a BAD thing, but I do wish more people talked about what they like about him as a character.
>>
>>81523392
Batman is whatever he's written to be. I won't deny there was a trend towards darkening Batman in the 80s and 90s, but I don't think they would have doubled-down on it so hard even after the turn of the century if they didn't feel they could just tell whatever other, NON-grimdark stories they wanted with Tim or Dick or Cassie or whoever.
>>
>>81523417
That's because Grayson is an exception to the rule in regards to how male characters are portrayed in fiction. Male characters are designed to be idealized fantasies, and are often defined by their actions and personality. Female characters are often designed to be visually appealing to male audiences and are often in danger of being defined solely by their looks. Grayson is an odd exception in that while he IS still a male fantasy and defined by his personality, he's also visually designed to appeal to women.
>>
>>81523502
Even, Dick's narrative was about him trying to make it on his own. Like a college kid after graduation. In Dixon's early Bludhaven stuff, Bruce wasn't a jackass, he was just more of a concerned parent.
>>
>>81523641
> he was just more of a concerned parent.
He actually came across as a bit of a helicopter parent, which was kinda funny.
>>
>>81523641

There's a quote from a pre52 panel where Dick is talking to Tim and Tim says something along the lines of "You love being a hero, Im happy just being Robin" or something of the like.

Ive always liked that idea that Grayson is different from other heroes because even though tragedy got him started, he keeps being a hero because he likes it.
>>
>>81523698
It fits, though. Dick is the kid that started in the same dark place as Bruce, only to be saved from obsession.
>>
>>81523755
I think it fits nicely, and it works with the whole Grayson narrative and him being kinda bummed about

Dick was raised on the stage historically, he loves the limelight and showing off his abilities. Being a hero is all about that, plus he gets to save people from the fate of him and his family.
>>
Literally only good in fanart. 9/10 times he's drawn like every other beefy hero
>>
File: Batman Adventures 012-019.jpg (911 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Batman Adventures 012-019.jpg
911 KB, 1988x3056
>>81524005
>>
>>81524005
Maybe I just haven't read enough with him, but I always got the impression that Nightwing was a nocturnal, rooftop-jumping, alleyway-fighting, street-level vigilante who had to avoid the cops if only because they might recognize him from work. Was he really more open and public about his crimefighting than Batman? Did he show up for Bludhaven charity events and photo ops and whatnot?
>>
>>81525021
Not really. He didn't really try to be a symbol of fear either. Though he was willing to connect with civilians on a personal level
>>
File: Big_dick.jpg (108 KB, 500x547) Image search: [Google]
Big_dick.jpg
108 KB, 500x547
>>81521760
>>81522929
I love all three versions of Dick and love his inconsistently thick ass. I don't blame Bruce for the bickering between them though, it's a contrast in philosophy.

Bruce is intense and brooding while Dick is lighthearted and fun loving. It's only natural for them to have conflict when it comes to saving the world.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.