[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What A Night... Dream a little dream. Of horrors, of ghouls,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 43
>What A Night...

Dream a little dream.
Of horrors, of ghouls, of war.
Of flying, of mountains, and of cats.
Dream all you wish, it's all a state of being.

This is-
Providence #8: The Other Cycle
>>
And here we go...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Yo dave when is the cinema purgatory and the next issue of crossed 100 coming out if you know
>>
Finished it about half an hour ago and my brain is still full of fuck.
>>
>>81517088
>Cinema Purgatorio
May 25

>next Crossed +100 issue
April 27
>>
>>81517136
It's awesome

>>81517088
Don't know.
>>81517146
Thanks!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>81517745
Dun dun dun!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>81517708
>>81517745
The stars are right!
>>
>>81518516
That they are
>>
Thanks!
This is excellent.
>>
And that closes this issues.
And the second act!

That's right, Act II is DONE.
How screwed is Black now?
>>
>>81518620

I guess it's all but certain Black won't end ell. But honestly, I no longer have any idea of where this series is going.
>>
>>81518675
Right, with Carver confirming that "The Statement" did happen to him my only theory goes out the window.

That leaves the Haunter In The Dark scenario.
Death by Johnny Carcosa
>>
bumb
>>
>>81517376
good old nightmare rape monsters
>>
>>81518725
> Death by Johnny Carcosa
He's definitely in there somewhere.
>>81518249
>something about a young man, very well dressed, with a bright yellow cravat pulled up absurdly to conceal his mouth
>>
>>81523217
He's been mentioned several times.
And Black's name is similar to the protagonist of that story.

If it's not statement, it's Haunter.
>>
It about time the new issue was released
>>
>>81524142

Seriously. But I guess it's a bimonthly now? That sucks.
>>
>>81517376

that cat bridge
>>
>>81524282

It seems that way. I was expecting this issue last month
>>
>>81517218
Whats with the conversation with different characters?
>>
>>81527023
It's to illustrate Carver's life, fiction, and travels in the Dreamlands.
>>
>>81516994
Saw this on my lunch break and it made my day! The series started good and has been getting better in my opinion. I'm just bummed that I somehow didn't catch the last issue!
>>
>>81525415
>>81524282
I don't care that much because it's still a lot of story per issue to really dig into.
Only 4 issues left so...a lot more time to have it around.

>>81528384
It hit it's stride early.
I'm just so glad we got an entire issue really selling the Dream Cycle.
So underappreciated
>>
Interesting! I'm ashamed that this is the first of this series I've read (as a Lovecraft fan and a resident of Providence) but I'm going to have to check out the others now.
>>
>>81530147
It's a great reconstruction of his stories.
Some have said deconstruction, but the mainstream interpretations have so gone off the path that it's really refreshing that this series has recaptured nit and gritty.
>>
>>81533306
>>
>>81535446
>>
This has been really interesting so far. I only wish I'd read Lovecraft's works before diving into this and Neonomicon. I know there's several things and references I can't appreciate because of that.
>>
>>81517358
moon framed by wings looks rather a bit gentry there
>>
One thing i love are the "ominous montages" this series has.
Lovecraft and Black meeting...that's a cinematic moment there/

>>81540377
Well definitely before this.
Neonomicon loses impact if you know more Lovecraft due to how lazy and uninspired it is.

But this...it's definitely LOEG level world building.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.