[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this not surprise me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
Why does this not surprise me
>>
>>81513590
I thought it was a giant Batman/tiny Harley at first. Also, is the comic really called Harley Quinn & The Suicide Squad? That's terrible.
>>
Context?
>>
>>81513696
Batman is a tool
>>
>>81513738
>>81513590
She's learned Lex philosophy now?

Also, is her child-killing still canon?
>>
She literally murdered Man Bat in this issue all the while she thought she'd cured him.

She's worse than the Joker by a mile. At least Joker doesn't have delusions of being the good guy.
>>
Storyrime this shit OP. I want to kniw if I should have hope for Williams' Squad
>>
>>81513590
>YOU're the bad guys

I see, it's just like the movie, but in reverse! So clever. And yay, more faux-philosophical "the heroes are tyranical Gods keeping innocent mass murderers down" drivel.
>>
>>81513738
>Harley just smashed Batman's nose in
>Batman doesn't pummel her into the ground
If it were Riddler, he'd be in a body cast by now.

Fucking feminist bullshit.
>>
>>81514012
He's not punching Harley anymore. If he harms her, he just toss her in corner. Not sure about Ivy, but it's probably same thing.
>>
>>81514063
Yeah, well fuck that line of thinking.
>>
Talking about /co/ triggered. Has anyone storytimed Wonder Woman Earth One yet?
>>
>>81514202
there are no scans and the digital version will be out next week because the uploaders said it.
>>
>>81514242
Boo. What a shame
>>
>>81514063
>He's not punching Harley anymore. If he harms her, he just toss her in corner. Not sure about Ivy, but it's probably same thing.
....I just realized you're right. what the fuck. Batman doesn't hit her in ANY book. He doesn't hit Ivy either.

it's even more bizarre 'cause when she ran into the Joker in her book, they had an eye-gouging, biting, scratching, "I'm gonna fucking kill you" style fight.
in the very same issue, Ivy steals the bat-boat, and Batman calmly asks for the keys back. Then he lets them go.

I don't mind Harley and Ivy becoming good guys, but they need to EARN it.
>>
>>81514553
that's because batman knows that deep down inside she did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81513773
Suicide squad harley maybe.

there are like 3 HQ canons atm.
Her solo book is has its own canon.
>>
File: detectivecomics.jpg (373 KB, 666x1024) Image search: [Google]
detectivecomics.jpg
373 KB, 666x1024
>>81514733
Pictured: Nothing wrong.
>>
File: harley is shit.jpg (488 KB, 750x601) Image search: [Google]
harley is shit.jpg
488 KB, 750x601
Harley is literally trash.

Fuck you for not killing her years agon, Joker.
>>
>>81515209
They quietly retconned that incident out of existence I think.
>>
>>81515209
it is the joker's fault. Also, she didn't kill anyone. probably.
>>
>>81514063
Does wonder woman at least beat the shit out of her for that cause she seriously needs to get at least slapped for that nonsense.
>>
>>81515343
>it is the joker's fault
Not, it's not. She did it to impress him. He didn't care.
>>
>>81515281
They included it in the latest trade paperback of Batman: Harley Quinn.
>>
>>81515343
She distributed free handhelds to dozens of children and they were rigged to explode after updating, judging by the size of the explosions, those children and probably their whole families too are dead as fuck. The fact she did it to get Joker's attention doesn't make it any less her fault.
>>
>>81515419
he is the one that manipulated her to be like that in the first place.
>>
>>81515381
No. That wouldn't be "feministic".
>>
>>81515381
Haven't you read harley's black book anon? Harley and WW are total besties 4lyfe now.

Ugh.
>>
Why are they trying to make Harley a good guy? She doesn't even have any powers nor the resources to have any sort of arsenal. She literally just swings a bat around.

I don't think I've ever read a Harley-focused story that was any good, so maybe I just completely missed the appeal.
>>
>>81515443
as i said, he manipulated her to be like that. Anyway, we can't be sure. Perhaps those children are allright.
>>
>>81515504
She sells a lot of merchandise to fat women that don't read comics.
>>
>>81515470
Black book isn't canon, dumbass. Neither is her main book. Actual canon Harley is still in the Suicide Squad and locked up in Belle Reve.
>>
>>81515448
>Big Bad Joker made me do it
>A BLO BLOOO BLOO
>>
>>81515532
And that's what only matters.
>>
Minor nitpick amongst all the Harley bullshit, but I keep seeing it....

When the flying fuck did blue become a color for Harley Quinn?

It annoys me almost as much as making Nightwing's colors black and red.
>>
>>81515532
That's what I figured. I pretty much in ignore any book featuring her so I thought maybe I missed something.

I'll never understand this obsession with her, especially with retards claiming she's some sort of role model. Dozens of actual decent female characters to pick, and yet people are obsessed with the most unstable and violent one they could.
>>
>>81515513
and we've entered crazy territory here

i'm fucking out
>>
File: harley what 1290408505765.jpg (26 KB, 479x461) Image search: [Google]
harley what 1290408505765.jpg
26 KB, 479x461
>>81515209
yfw DC had this come out on Sept. 11th, which was also the 21st anniversary of Harley's first appearance
>>
>>81515470
>implying black book is supposed to be at all canon

At least know what you're talking about before shitposting
>>
>>81515532
>that don't read comics

That criticism doesn't work when she's one of DC's best selling titles
>>
>>81515647
people really like damaged goods, trying to be better these days.

She has character development. I understand the backlash. but honestly I think people are just being contrary trying to hold her back.
We all bitch every time a character has all their character development wiped, to return to status quo. here we have a character actually growing and evolving. and, everyone here trys to push her back.
Her main title has her out of Gotham, she moved to New York.

Currently, she is the deadpool/gwenpool/etc..
She the "audience" in shes a fangirl of all the real superheroes. bouncing around like a social butterfly. Also a total fuckup, resulting in hijinks, which are easy to write and fun to read. no suprise its popular.

Little black book, and her title series do follow their own canon, taking from other canons as they please.
>>
File: 02028v.jpg (169 KB, 687x1024) Image search: [Google]
02028v.jpg
169 KB, 687x1024
>>81515707
DC is all about muh gritty realism
>>
>>81515504
They're not. Waller just brainwashed Harley into hating superheroes by exploiting her past and the part of her that's still sane Harleen that wants to help people.
>>
>>81513590
>>81513738
NO JOHN.

YOU ARE THE DEMONS

And then... John was a zombie.
>>
>>81513590
>>81513773
>>81513696
Why you not read all the issue?

Amanda Waller has brainwashed her.
>>
File: joker_tangent_chart_h.jpg (140 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
joker_tangent_chart_h.jpg
140 KB, 500x335
>>81515606
I think it happened around when they turned her into Tangent Joker.
>>
>>81515209
Just a reminder that Harley was only pretending to be crazy and dumb and a mass murderer because she thought it would make Joker like her more.
Damage Control Comics ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>81515504
Harley is like the female version of the punisher anon her crazy made her like a master of everything
>>
>>81513855
You known that this is painted as her delusions right?
>>
>>81518537
But didn't Frank actually spend years in the military, getting some level of physical training, where as Quinn fucked her way though collage and got a psychologist degree? I think Frank being a master of everything makes a bit more sense than Harley's. Harley is so fucking dumb she thinks psychology and surgery are from the same feild.
>>
>>81518702
Are they going to do the "It was all just a dream/In your head" crap that they are doing with Babs and her being crippled?
>>
>>81515838
then why didn't supermens do shit about 911?
>>
ITT: complaining about comics you don't read
>>
>>81518799
No. She was literally brainwashed for hours to hate super heroes...while she was recovering her mind.

This isn't a retcon its happening o the "present".

Just check the storytime on the catalog.
>>
>>81515504
Waller literally brainwashed Harley into thinking capes are bad guys

Christ I wish /co/ would read comics when somebody bothers to fucking post it for free
>>
>>81518956
So, it's going to be swept under the rug because it wasn't Harley's fault? Just like how her power ring in little black book made her kill well over two dozen people, but Hal believes her when she says I can't remember?
>>
>>81515793
if she showed any remorse for her past as a mass killer, it'd be better character development.
Hell she still kills people for the most trivial of reasons (the airport attendant who was rude to her for example)
i just see her as bomb queen with better pr
>>
>>81519284
The only time I saw this happen was during All New Suicide Squad, she's locked in a cell with a buck of kids, makes them laugh, slaughters the guard, scares the fuck out of them, and then for the next 3 issues she complained about how she doesn't want to do this any more. Now that all of that can be ignored with Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad she's back to just being a deadpool rip off.
>>
>>81515209
>they're the bad guys
>>
File: harley's a feminist.png (1 MB, 1150x874) Image search: [Google]
harley's a feminist.png
1 MB, 1150x874
>>81517873
Harley was always shit
>>
>>81521525
I like that my cropped panel STILL make people butthurt, even if it is out of context, it makes me feel validated
>>
>>81515769
"Best selling" doesn't mean people are actually READING them. Look at what happened to the X-Men comics in the 90's as proof.
>>
>>81513773
Eh it was brainwashed into her by the Wall.
>>
>>81513738

What else is new?
>>
>>81515443

The fact of that matter is that would have been considered a major city-incident.

The fact that it had no investigation or repercussions means it might as well not have happened.

Something of this scale would have led to a whole event.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.