[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daredevil Season 2 Ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Elektra.png (2 MB, 1467x934) Image search: [Google]
Elektra.png
2 MB, 1467x934
Did this piss anyone else off? It basically invalidated everything that the heroes accomplished that season, and all they had to do was keep her body safe or cremate her, but they didn't do that, because of...reasons?
>>
>>81508193

Why did Stick even keep her around or train her?

He killed that other black sky child in season 1, should have killed elektra a long time ago
>>
>>81508193
They assumed they won the fight and the hand was defeated cos nobu had been killed.
>>
>>81508276
He didn't have an emotional connection to that kid but had come to care about Elektra.
>>
>>81508276
Also what was the deal with that other kid? This season made it sound like black sky was one person. But is it actually just a bunch of people?
>>
>>81508193
I'm just afraid the MCU will end up with a revolving door afterlife like DBZ.
>>
>>81508284
>>81508400
But see, when Stick killed the other Black Sky, last season, he didn't mention destroying its body, but nonetheless, Nobu was mad, and said they are very hard to find, as if he needed to find a new one. So did he destroy the other Black Sky? If so, why not Elektra? and if not, why didn't Nobu just bring the other one back? The ending just raises too man questions with regards to Stick's methods, even more than the fact that he killed one Black Sky without hesitation, but raised another one to adulthood before turning on her.
>>
>>81508404
Just like my American Marvel comics!
>>
guys

what the fuck is a black sky
>>
>>81508488
Who even knows. I didn't like how this season took something that was mysterious in season one, and made it the centerpiece of the Hand, while explaining a ton about the Hand, but consciously not telling us what the Black Sky was. It felt like removing the feeling of mystery without removing the ambiguity, and a little bit slapdash.
>>
>>81508400
>>81508456

Maybe Stick killed the new black sky kid because he realized he made a mistake with Elecktra.

>>81508488

Good question, they seem to be naturally ultra-violent people though.
>>
>>81508488
Its someone that you put in a big pot when they die and then use it and a giant hole in the ground somehow to destroy the world. I guess?
>>
>>81508193

I was pissed off with a lot this season though.
>>
>>81508488

The setup to Defenders
>>
>>81508536
>Good question, they seem to be naturally ultra-violent people though.
They're probably demon posessed or demon touched. The Hand is probably going to use Elektra as a vessel for the Beast.
>>
The Hand storyline in general was just incredibly shitty
>>
>>81508404
Does this mean Ben Urich can come back?
>>
>>81508404
>>81508602
We only know two methods of coming back from the dead at this point. One of them, from Agents of SHIELD, may not even be viable any more. The facility they got the Kree blood from is gone and we don't know if any old Kree blood will do, or if those were special Kree.

The Hand method brings people back, but doesn't seem to totally regenerate them, as they still have their scars, and also, they most likely come back as servants of the Hand.

So not completely a revolving door yet.
>>
>>81508653
There's also the "I didn't actually die, lol" method for Bucky and Nick Fury in the Cap films. Also "fuck you I'm Asgardian" by Loki on I believe 2 occasions. And Groot magic.
I didn't watch AoS, are you talking about how Coulson somehow didn't actually die either?
>>
Will cremation kill off comic resurrection plots?
>>
>>81508594
So was the Punisher storyline too, but at least Jon Bearballs gave one hell of a performance.
>>
>>81508777
>I didn't watch AoS, are you talking about how Coulson somehow didn't actually die either?
Oh no, he was full on deceased. A corpse for several days that Fury used some shady scientific techniques to bring back. Also just realized, in universe, if Coulson hadn't been brought back, and caused the facility that brought him back to be destroyed later, they could have used it to save Quicksilver. The original intent was to revive a fallen Avenger.
>>
>>81508904
>forgetting that Coulson was confirmed Avenger in AoS Season 1 finale
>>
>>81509075
Fury just said that to boost Coulson's ego because he's one of Fury's best spies, and he needed someone to carry on SHIELD. He knows full well Coulson's not a superhero.
>>
>>81508298
But why though? Just snuff her as soon as you see her.

Or was it trying to show that Stick hardened after Elektra?
>>
>>81509240
While those "superheroes" are spending most of their time fighting threats they are responsible for, Coulson has actually been handling Hydra and the Inhuman outbreak and a bunch of other shit. He has a robot hand, came back from the dead, went to another planet, fights super powered villains... What's the criteria to become a superhero nowadays?
>>
Elektra was the first black sky Stick encountered, and he realized his empathy towards her was a mistake later on. That's why he killed the black sky kid in season 1, as he had understood at that point that nothing he could do would save the kid from his fate.

The black sky is a name used for a person with particular demonic bloodthirst. They are one of the few people who can become hosts for the demon The Hand worships, called The Beast.

The end of season 2 could have been averted with cremation, but perhaps Stick assumed that they couldn't use her once dead, thinking that The Hand's reanimation was simply used for fallen soldiers rather than as a means of controlling people.
>>
>>81509302
If he wore an special superhero outfit, that might be enough to put him over the edge.
>>
Let's be honest, you all knew this was coming. Elektra coming back to life is the most famous part of her character.
>>
>>81509479
What makes Widow or Hot Guy Avengers either?
>>
>>81509499
>What makes Widow or Hot Guy Avengers either?
Hot guy has a gimmick in the form of his bow. Widow wears a tight-fitting spy suit, and has Widow's Sting andelectric batons. Coulson's got a few gadgets, but he mostly uses his gun, and he wears a business suit. Ultimately, it's how much a character FEELS like a superhero, and that has a lot to do with how many of the trappings they have. Coulson has a hand. It's a bit stronger than a regular one, but that's about it. It's not on the same level as Deathlok's prostheses, or Bucky's arm.
>>
>>81509566
Coulson has an army of SHIELD agents he can summon at will and his suit is so ever present that it should count for a costume.

I'm petitioning for Coulson to be granted Superhero status and privileges.
>>
>>81509498

the whole black sky thing was dumb though
>>
>>81508400
Pretty sure Black Sky is one of the MCU's immortal weapons. They probably all have adjective-noun names.
So there's probably more than one candidate, just one 'awakened' at a time.
>>
>>81509619
Just give him the shield or hammer already Whedon!
>>
>>81508488
Maybe they're immortal weapons? Which makes Iron Fist a Black Sky.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.