[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this hack given so much praise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
Why is this hack given so much praise?
>>
>>81494291
Daredevil
>>
>>81494291
Bendis?
>>
File: 1459567260248.jpg (31 KB, 400x453) Image search: [Google]
1459567260248.jpg
31 KB, 400x453
>People still think Brian Michael Bendis is bad because of a 4chan meme
>>
I explained Bendis Speak to a coworker, and he laughed when I showed him an example on my phone. He went home to his friends, and he mentioned Bendis speak, and his friends looked it up and went "How could anyone read this shit?!"

But in all seriousness, he's the guy who put Wolverine and Spider-Man on the Avengers. That was gonna launch him no matter what.
>>
>>81494291
How do you think he's given so much praise?
>>
>>81496354
sorry to break it to you but for the most part he is terrible
>>
>>81494291
Praise?
>>
>>81496333
Yes, Bendis. The writer. That Bendis.
>>
>>81496659
You know, like people complimenting him.
>>
Hack?
>>
>>81496757
You're saying people enjoy his work?
>>
I think he is Lemire tier bad when writing team books, he is good with Daredevil and Spiderman (both Pete and Miles)
What he did to the X-Men is unforgivable.
>>
Powers was really good. The first year, at least
>>
File: Songs of Highgarden.jpg (103 KB, 843x844) Image search: [Google]
Songs of Highgarden.jpg
103 KB, 843x844
>>81494291
I dunno about ya'll, but I've been reading Powers over the last few days, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I really liked Alias and I've heard nothing but praise for USM and Daredevil.
>>
>>81494291
Why?
>>
Because under his multiple flaws in continuity, pacing and dialogue, the man can write stories about people, some with better results than others. Mostly his solo books. Besides he has a great sense of humor that makes his stuff enjoyable to read. Of course, any hardcore comicbook reader would get mad at him, but when you read his stuff without the context of continuity, it's pretty enjoyable.
I mean, look at USM. It embodies everything that's good about his stuff. Personal relationships, teenage dialogue, character moments, etc.
>>
>>81494291
Once upon a time, he wrote Powers and Ultimate Spider-Man and those were generally seen as pretty good.

But he became butt buddies with Joe Queseda, and got ever more important books and influence on the company as whole, and his weaknesses as a writer became more obvious and unforgivable.
>>
>>81496602
>he's terrible because the 3chin hivemind told me so

ebin
>>
>>81494291
I didn't know pawnstars was /co/
>>
File: 1456775419228.jpg (21 KB, 559x556) Image search: [Google]
1456775419228.jpg
21 KB, 559x556
>>81498936
>>
Who praises Bendis? People bought his books because they were flagship titles. I tried reading his work post Dardevil and USM; it's mediocre. I read all his Avengers comics and I don't remember any of it.
>>
>>81496354
People still think Brian Michael Bendis is bad because of a 4chan meme?
>>
File: hickman did it.png (256 KB, 645x530) Image search: [Google]
hickman did it.png
256 KB, 645x530
>>
>>81499513
No they think he's bad because they read comics he's written.
>>
>>81496354
You godamn durf, he's awful because he writes for shit. I'VE READ IT, I KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.
>>
>>81499513

Its his recent output and ego-fapping not the handful of decent runs hes done in the past thats the source of all the anger

he fucked over x-men and gotg simultaneously , which is quite a feat, and people are reasonably pissed off about it all.
>>
>>81499671
no

That just isn't true
>>
>>81499513
People still think Brian Michael Bendis is bad because of a 4chan meme.
>>
>>81499513
A meme? Brian Michael Bendis?
>>
File: 1449018534699.jpg (292 KB, 900x1370) Image search: [Google]
1449018534699.jpg
292 KB, 900x1370
>>81494291
Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
>>81500379

Oh, hey, it's that pasta again.
>>
>>81499756
Is he saying Bendis is some sort of meme?
>>
>>81496354

Back before 4chan he was hated even more on Super Hero Hype and Newsarama (old formate) forums.
>>
>>81496914

It also embodies everything bad about his stuff like pointless deaths and shock value shit. USM was good till the clone arc, that was alright, then became shit when he killed off Peter.
>>
>>81494291
I like some of his stuff. I hate some of his stuff. Honestly if you think he gets praise you must not hang out around here much. Cos he is shit on consistently. though im pretty sure you knew that and just wanted an attention thread.
>>
>>81499558
Hickman has written Spider-Man better than Bendis ever could dream of.
>>
File: IMG_0950.jpg (527 KB, 1024x1579) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0950.jpg
527 KB, 1024x1579
Has anyone read Alias? I got the max omni on clearance for $25 months ago and trying to clear my reading list before buying anything else. What am I about to get into?
>>
>>81502812
>What am I about to get into?
Jessica Jones gets drunk and lets Luke Cage put it up her ass.
It's actually one of Bendis' better comics honestly.
>>
>>81499738
4chan has memes?
>>
>>81494291
Daredevil, a hundred or so decent-to-good issues of Ultimate Spider-Man, and having convinced Quesada to let him put Marvel's most popular characters at the time (Wolverine and Spider-Man) on the Avengers.

He hasn't done anything excellent in several years though.
>>
>>81501873
I love how it says Kitty is C-lister.
>>
>>81502862
>It's actually one of Bendis' better comics honestly

That makes me a little more optimistic. Lukes cool too. Flipped through it earlier and some of cameos look interesting
>>
>>81502033
>>81499756
>Brian Michael Bendis
>Bria icha l B dis
>Menne
Whoa!
>>
>>81503085
Just keep two things in mind:
1. Jessica Jones is a broken, terrible human being for a lot of it. That's largely the point of the comic
2. Bendis-speak tends to cause people's eyes to glaze over with all the repeated dialogue. It's natural, and it's not too bad in Alias, but pay attention because there are some golden lines in Alias.
>>
>>81494291
He wrote good stories in his prime and brought a new and unique form of storytelling from what was accostumed at the time and he did a lot of event comics that sold well (then again every major Marvel event comic sells well regardless of quality).

But nowadays he does really shitty writing and he seems to rely on character interactions and moments without having a planned overall plot in mind, he is also writing 8 titles including his original comic owned work and because if that his writing his suffering, he needs to drop some of thise comics, GotG in particular being his weakest comic.

Honestly he's not a bad writer but he should be focusing just in his creator owned work, on Spider-Man and one Iron Man title.
>>
File: master of marvel.gif (1 MB, 419x237) Image search: [Google]
master of marvel.gif
1 MB, 419x237
>>81494291
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
>>81503499
>Bendis
>editor in chief

Yeah, no. See this: https://youtu.be/sI0vtqxoG1k?t=1m24s replace "President" with "Editor"
>>
>>81503499
The future editor in chief it's gonna be Amanat.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.