[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters you're glad failed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Trinity_of_Sin_Pandora_Vol_1_1.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_of_Sin_Pandora_Vol_1_1.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
ITT: Characters you're glad failed
>>
I actually thought Pandora was pretty cool
>>
Did it ever explain how she was powerful enough to merge three universes or what the coming evil she was trying to prevent was?
>>
Angela Queen of LEL
>>
>>81491488
I thought they explained that in Trinity war when she found the box
>>
What was Pandora all about anyway? What was her history and gimmick?
>>
>>81491272
I wanted to like her, but the creator fucked her up beyond all recognition.

>>81492117
she was supposed to be the actual Pandora from the greek myth. after she opened the box, she was punished with immortality, to walk the earth forever and see what she'd done. she was also in constant pain from scarring -- that's what's on her face. it was SUPPOSED to cover her entire body, which was why she was always totally covered, but they ditched that.
She was obsessed with undoing what she'd done, and destroying the 7 deadly sins. Which was why she learned magic and weapons. when that didn't work, she found the box, in the theory that if it opened again they would get sucked back in.

It was a decent setup, but the author ruined it. For one thing, the box wasn't a box, but a golden skull. (lol wat) in the very first issue, one of the people who cursed her appears to her and apologizes for being a dick, because it wasn't her fault. then he vanishes without any further explanation.
Turns out the "box" was a machine that opened dimensional gateways. the seven deadly sins are just interdimensional parasites who feed on human emotions. They reflect what they feed on, and so look and act human, more or less. The box gets opened again and lets the crime syndicate into her earth, starting the Trinity War.

she was also in love with a black dude who kept dying and reincarnating over and over again. she also figured out that she was "hope" and could awaken hope in people or something. in her last issue she figured out that the seven deadly sins were different versions of her from past universes. she killed them all, and said "this universe will be different because hope won!" and then vanishes. It's all a load of bullshit.
>>
>>81491488
her being THAT powerful never made a damn bit of sense. the coming evil was different versions of her.

>>81491576
at the end of her series. it was a mercy killing.

I liked her costumes, and the idea was interesting, but whoever was writing it sucked donkey balls. and the power to remake whole universes? never explained. they should have just left her as a bitter immortal, knowing she'd been cursed to wander the earth forever by mistake.
>>
Didn't like her book that much but I enjoyed the mini with her the question and the phantom stranger
>>
>>81492771
It was... alright. I really wanted it all to lead to something and it just sort of fell apart, the whole Trinity of Sin thing didnt really interact much with the rest of the DCU or make any sense at all if you think about it.

And then it just went nowhere.

I want a new Phantom Stranger book though.
>>
File: 1412807519983.png (439 KB, 491x489) Image search: [Google]
1412807519983.png
439 KB, 491x489
>>81492525
How can such an awesome set up end up so badly? jesus christ!
>>
>>81492525
They wasted a good design on a horrible character.
>>
>>81493239
>I want a new Phantom Stranger book though.

DeMatteis' Phantom Stranger is one of the unsung gems of the New 52. He had arguably the best Futures End tie in too.
>>
>kills the entire DCU

She deserved it desu senpai.
>>
> Bhul Dimar, Murilund
>Baltimore, Maryland
>Belltimer, Merrilind
>Eromitlab, Dnalyram
>Vul-de-nurr, Myrr-ah-lydd
>Baltemore, North Carilana
>>
File: JD.jpg-original.jpg (616 KB, 1045x2069) Image search: [Google]
JD.jpg-original.jpg
616 KB, 1045x2069
>>81491418

She's still around, co-starring in/being the villain of Red Hood and Arsenal.

Turns out that she looks entirely normal without the face.
>>
>>81492525
>She was supposed to be the actual Pandora from the greek myth.
Much as I'm loathe to have the series harp on Greek myth, often to the detriment of all else, wouldn't it be prudent to make her a Wonder Woman supporting character or villain?

I mean, if she's literally THAT Pandora, where the hell else would you put her?
>>
File: GenerationX01p09.jpg (529 KB, 1024x1563) Image search: [Google]
GenerationX01p09.jpg
529 KB, 1024x1563
Is there a single teen mutant black guy who isn't shit? Prodigy was bearable for a while but in the end, he succumbed to the same fate as all the rest of them.
>>
>>81495230
She's also a more l33t version of the Joker
>>
>>81492525
Wait... I thought the blue lantern creature was the personification of hope, and weren't the 7 deadly sins trapped in the rock of eternity?
>>
>>81497989
The seven deadly sins were released from the rock during the course of the curse of shazam
>>
>>81495542
> Prodigy not shit
Dude even Tag was better than him. FUCKING TAG!
>>
>>81492525
>the seven deadly sins are just interdimensional parasites who feed on human emotions

So they're the Lantern spirit energies and were part of Shazam? Seriously, what's the point of rebooting a crazy universe with the same characters if you aren't going to try to fit everyone together.
>>
>>81498555
See, it would have been GREAT if Johns had made them Earth-3's lantern entities, but he never did
>>
>>81495230
...dammit she's QT.
>>
>>81495230
I'm angry at her existence, but also boner
>>
>>81498414
Tag was a total bro, his literal life goal was being a good friend.
>>
>>81497989
>>81498301
>>81492525

The guy who appeared to her to apologize was the Wizard. Oh and Pandora did appeara again in the trinity of Sin comic. A book that nobody asked for. Especially people who liked the Phantom Stranger run that ended perfectly and Question fans who are still (And rightfully so) mad a s fuck
>>
>>81495230
She looks like David Bowie and Meryl Silverburgh fucked and had a kid.
>>
>>81493441

Well you posted a picture from a book that ended even worse. If Robinson stayed on Earth 2 it would have been one of those books that actually grows in popularity
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.