[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to finally go and see BvS >expect it to be the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 599x900
>decide to finally go and see BvS
>expect it to be the worst movie ever made beciasebof critics and /co/
>it turns out to be freaking awesome
>Ben Affleck is the best Batman (that warehouse fight)
>Jeremy Irons is the best Alfred
>Gal Gabot kicked but as Wonder Woman (her rolling her eyes at Lex talking about Zeus was great)
>and Jesse Eisenberg was good as Lex Luthor (his monologues were great)
>the score was breathtaking
>and the action was the best
Why do I listen to you?
>>
>>81478754
You shouldn't you should always go by your own opinion, OP. Truth be told BVS got as much right as it did wrong. It's a flawed movie but not the dumpster fire social media makes it out to be.
>>
>>81478815
>You shouldn't you should always go by your own opinion
sheep: the post
>>
>>81478839
Quite the opposite, actually.
>>
>>81478754
>and /co/
it's pretty split here. /co/ isn't one person etc
>>
>>81478877
Well on the internet if you don't like what everyone else likes ( or in case dislike) YOU are the sheep. Don't even bother to question the logic behind it, it's pointless.
>>
>>81478754
It's over shills, the movie bombed. Now fuck off.
>>
>>81479008
I love how emotional some of you get because there are people who like the movie. The movie "bombed" as you say ( cause over 500 mill is a "bomb" now, guess we have to reclassify what the last FF movie was now) why are you so assblasted?
>>
>>81478754
I went to see it twice (because I wanted to, not because SAVE MUH DC) and came out in a good mood each time. While I think the script could have been MUCH better and some scenes fell flat for me, all the things you cited worked for me, too. I like this movie and I'll definitely be re-watching it when it comes out on streaming. It doesn't succeed at all the things it tries to do, but there are enough scenes in it that I really like.
>>
>>81479008
Nah, you fuck off, niggertits.
>>
>>81478754

Saw it twice. Both times the people I went with enjoyed it. Movie is mostly pretty great just has some editing problems and a slow start. Don't really get the hate. I don't know if people were actually expecting a quipfest or what.
>>
>>81479788
they were. I don't know why, Terrio, Affleck, and even Snyder emphasized how much darker the movie was going to be even compared to MoS.
>>
File: STOP.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>81478754
>>
>>81478754

Hating this movie is a meme anon
>>
>>81479885
The only noteworthy themes were Lex Luthors, Supermans and Wondys, the rest was forgettable
>>
>>81479961
Exactamundo, and the Superman theme still has nothing on the one by John Williams.
>>
I liked, but i'm a dc faggot. I'd give it a 8/10. Could have been better than Begins and Rises, as well as all the marvel movies with better editing, a little more action in the first act, and dropping the justice league sub plot.
>>
>>81480055
It would have if they actually used the goddamn theme Zimmer created for Man of Steel, which was completely missing from BvS
>>
>>81480266
Eh, that was pretty damn good, but still not as good as Williams' imo.
>>
the affinity to william's score is part nostalgia and part busyness, it's a jumpy almost completely bombastic piece. zimmer's theme starts slow and builds into it's main motif and is generally minimal.
i've never been into william apart from the lucas arts/20th century fox logo and bits of the star wars music so my opinion isn't going to matter to you anyway
>>
If all the dream sequences were removed the movie would be 'okay, with cool scenes'
>>
File: 1459754898624.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1459754898624.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>bvs
>good
>>
>>81480266
There was a scene during the Doomsday fight where Superman and WW fight side by side and his theme molded with hers, and it was honestly pretty sweet. You also hear a more somber version of his theme when he flies Doomsday into space.
But yeah the soundtrack in this movie could get overwhelming at times.
>>
>>81478839
Are you calling him a sheep for going with his own opinion?
>>
>>81478954

Yeah honestly we've got a good share of shitposting, but I've seen more positive threads around BvS' strong points than just absolute shitholes of bitching like what I remember after MoS. Some of hs loved it and enjoy talking about it, and others just want to stir company wars fights, but it seems like we learned our lesson from last time and are keeping to separate threads now.
>>
>>81480330
Williams' theme is like "general Superman" while MoS is like the fight theme
>>
>>81478754

Huh. This was actually bretty gud, but i wouldn't call it brilliant. It looks like Zack can edit some of the scenes pretty well; and i can look good do, I mean look at this. I think the pacing and the editing was Goyer's writing was put into a blender by Terrio and tried to make a good smoothie out of a nearly rotten banana.

http://thedarkknightph.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-brilliance-of-zack-snyder_5.html
>>
>>81482891
>and i can look good do

*it can look good too.
>>
File: Laughing Jews.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Jews.gif
1 MB, 250x198
>>81478754
ITT: denial and anons that probably think those New 52 DTVs are well made too
>>
>>81480055
Man, Fuck John Williams. His brand of movie scoring is so fucking tacky.
>>
>>81483062
>if you don't agree with my opinion specifically you're in denial
>>
>>81483364
This movie is objectively bad on every level

The only people that think its good like it for the stupidest reasons. There's no depth to any of this, most of the performances are flat and the plot, despite being hilariously simple is somehow grossly overcomplicated in a childish attempt to seem deep and mature by a man who settled creative disagreements with push-ups. For fucks sake, a piss jar is a plot point.

So, yeah, you're in denial.
>>
>>81483448
>a piss jar is a plot point.

Maybe for you. Just shows how superficial you really are.
>>
File: 1419293934988.jpg (100 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1419293934988.jpg
100 KB, 576x432
>>81478754
>(his monologues were great)
>>
>>81483448
This.

Like, holy shit. I know this board still has shills and people in denial, but people are saying this is good because it gets a few things on their hidden checklist.

* Decent Batman? Check!
* Decent Wonder Woman? Check!
* Superman with hope and being liked by the public from time to time? Check!
* New take on Lex Luthor? Check!

Wow, what a great movie!!!!!!!
>>

Freaking awesome? More like hella f*cking epic!
>>
>>81478754
This bait is the baitiest bait I've ever seen baited.
>>
File: owl.jpg (46 KB, 359x390) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
46 KB, 359x390
>>81478754
>>the score was breathtaking
That corny as fuck guitar riff every time Wonder Woman was on screen

okay bud
>>
>batman doesn't kill Supes because he reminds him of why he doesn't kill (his mom) and this is a major plot point
>proceeds to murder a building full of people

Trash movie.
>>
>>81478754
4chan taints all it touches, its users most of all
>>
>>81483448
>a jar of piss is a plot point
Yes and a dance off is a plot point in GotG yet that is universally accepted as making sense
What is your point?
>objectively bad on every level
That is simply untrue as entertainment is a subjective thing. Its a very well acted movie that has some very good imagery but suffers from edits and a lot of narrative issues
>>
>>81483448
>There's no depth to any of this
More like you didnt get the depth
>>
MARTHA
A
R
T
H
A
>>
>>81484896
I've yet to hear an actual defense of this movie that didn't center around headcanon and courtier's replies.
>>
>>81484896
>thinking that a movie where HAHAHA, JOKE'S ON YOU, BATMAN is written on the Robin memorial is anywhere close to having depth
>>
So how did Lois know that she needed to get the spear she just chucked into not the ocean?
>>
>>81478754

Thank you, OP.

I thought it was pretty great as well.

Not perfect by any stretch, but a damn good film nonetheless.
>>
>>81480266
It actually does show up. its just not very prominent
>>
>>81485101
You didnt enjoy the prometheus and MAry shelly stuff? Tell us why. What about the reflection of the übermensch?
>>
>>81478754
It was okay... let's not make a cookie into a cake, but let's neither make it into a wafer.

It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible. There were some good parts, some bad parts, and it all averaged out to something that was just... okay.
>>
it was putrid garbage with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place in a fucking jrpg
people compare lex to the joker but his retard teenage dialogue was like out of something embarrassing like xenosaga
the movie didn't even have enough guts to actually give resolution to its themes
>>
>>81478754
I thoroughly enjoyed. It was better the second time.
>>
BvS wasn't a good movie. It's sad, since most viewers can probably see how it 'could' have been good given there are some compelling and exciting things happening throughout. Affleck's acting was great. Other actors are decent, some kind of poorly cast (Luthor), but they do a good job anyway. The story was interesting in it's broad strokes. The themes are interesting too; particularly Supes being a 'flawed God' and Batman being a man who wants to destroy Supes because he represents the Batman's conception of an unjust and morally ambiguous God who let his parents die in front of him (allows for the world to have evil). There are lots of other nice tidbits here and there.

Unfortunately, these positives are bogged down by a long list of problems. Some specific narrative choices are nonsensical or out of place: sexy bathtub scene that wasn't actually sexy just silly and hamfisted (my girlfriend is experiencing ptsd and other traumas, give I'll her the dick that will fix her!), Lex blowing up Capitol hill (basically just showed Lex is a bad dude, but frankly didn't fit into his plans except to show he was an asshole to the audience and also as a shocker), the resolution of Superman and Batman's fight "Martha?!" (was stupid and just lazy as far as narrative resolution goes). These are just to name a few. The editing was god-awful - it felt like the movie was edited to appeal to people with 30 second attention spans, and not even done half-decently like some of the marvel movies. Despite the movie's long run time (which in itself is not a bad thing), major characters were somehow left undeveloped (Wonder Woman, Lex, and even Superman). Sure, I get that Wonder Woman needs to get that photograph, but that's basically it, I know shit-all else about her. It is pretty lazy to forego character development and end up with these one-dimensional characters with no depth. A lot of these problems can be chalked up to bad direction.

Hope this has cleared things up.
>>
>>81478754
I liked it too. I saw it three times. And I don't care what anyone says, Martha was a cool way to end the fight.
>>
>>81485518

This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>81485518
Why did Wonder Woman even need a file of the photograph? I understand if she wanted to destroy evidence, but that's a physical photo and she was just searching for a fucking file of it.

The Martha scene was conceptually OK, though. There were better ways to do it, but the whole point was Batman realizing that Superman was ultimately just another person with his own person struggles just like him. Still shouldn't really resolve the actual thematic conflict presented.
>>
>>81482030
I dont get it, i would understand all the butthurt mcu fags shitposting if the movie was received well but as it stands, it seems the butthurt faggots are hating harder then the critics
>>
>>81485724
>hating harder than the critics
29% on RT
>>
>>81478754
>Jack get out of it
>Everybody get out of here
>Jack remains in the building for some reason

And thats just the first three minutes. This movie was terrible, not because is better or worse adaptation, but because the movie doesn't make the slightest thing.

Damn, Lois even reacts to things that she didn't see by herself. The viewer saw it but Lois didn't but she knows anyway. That's scripting 101 and even at that fails
>>
>>81485518
WW photograph disturbs you?

To me the disturbing thing is Lex having not only files about the heroes but their damn logos.

He has a design team putting logos to the potential metahumans?
>>
>>81478754
>freaking awesome

Mediocre. Batfleck was the best part of it
>>
>>81485518
Don't forget the ring scene at the end of the movie.

Is not as if Superman thought he was going to do something special that day or face a giant monster, but for some reason he had prepared to send an engangement ring by mail.
>>
>>81485107
And see, that would be fine if they hit the good silly:serious balance that comic books and pulp stories have that make them engaging.

But the movie is up it's own ass a lot it's pretty much the pinnacle reason for why a story like Watchmen exists to show how stupid it is to make superheroes realistic.
>>
>>81479961
Batman's eerie motif was also excellent.
>>
>>81478754
>Why do I listen to you?

Presumably because you're feeble-minded, which would also explain why you thought this was a good film in any way shape or form.

Even worms can turn, OP.
>>
>>81485804
I dont even understand how rt works or what 29 percent is so i dont use it but i get imbd
>>
>>81486247
>even worms can turn
please die
>>
Anyone else waiting for the extended version?
>>
>>81486330
More Murderman and Captain Hypocrite.
>>
>>81478754

Affleck was a great Batman. Keaton was better.

I'll give you that one.

>Gal Gabot kicked but as Wonder Woman (her rolling her eyes at Lex talking about Zeus was great)

She wasn't as shit as I thought she was going to be, but she was still horribly miscast.

No he wasn't and no they weren't.

Sounded like the same shit I hear in every Snyder movie. Wasn't impressed.

It really wasn't.

>Why do I listen to you?

Clearly you don't, because you are a retard with bad taste.

BvS is a terribly mediocre film. The only reason I went to see it is because someone else paid for my ticket, and I still feel kind of cheated.
>>
>>81486167
For fucks sake did you atch the movie?

He ordered the ring to his mother's house so Lois wouldnt be the one that get the package.
>>
>>81486330
I am excited for it
Editing was one of the biggest issues in the movie so hopefully the extended version will flesh out those edited parts
>>
File: juith.gif (2 MB, 640x275) Image search: [Google]
juith.gif
2 MB, 640x275
The warehouse fight from the trailer? that was only maybe 30 seconds longer in the movie at best?

I got one question for /co/ about this movie though, after the days of discussion/shitposting thats been going on

Everyone once in awhile in a thread someone says DESAAD, as if name dropping this guy will hand wave all the characters irrational behavior away
Can someone please explain to me where the Desaad references were within the movie, I have a limited knowledge of the character

mother fuck my captcha asked me to pick out all the pictures of juice
>>
>>81484853

The dance of in GotG is not a plot point. The character spells out the dancing was a distraction right after he is done doing it.

In BvS the piss in a jar comes from an earlier scene and highlights Lex's disapproval and contempt for the senator before killing her. It represents something deeper than merely a distraction to a villain.

The fact you see each one as the same shows you are not capable of understanding anything further. Why ask what the point is when you wouldnt get it anyway?
>>
>>81483785
they were if you went into the theater under the pretense that you were going to take none of the movie seriously
>>
>>81486641
all these excuses are really starting to contradict themselves
>>
>>81478754
I agree with all of this except Lex. Did NOT like him a bit.
>>
>>81486596

IF I COULD JUST get someone to answer this before the thread dies, yes?
>>
>>81486194
Even then it shows that Zack Snyder has no hint of subtlety in his brain. Seriously, if he just had "HA HA" sprayed on the Robin costume, every single human on earth would've said "oh shit it's that guy what was askin folks why they were so serious all the time." But he had to have the Joker write "HAHAHA, JOKE'S ON YOU, BATMAN" with perfect punctuation and everything because Zack Snyder is a retard who thinks he's a genius.

He might as well have had it say "HAHAHA, JOKE'S ON YOU, BATMAN. P.S. THIS IS YOUR ARCHNEMESIS THE JOKER, SEE WHAT I DID THERE? I'M SO CLEVER. ANYWHO... I DID THIS BECAUSE I KILLED YOUR SIDEKICK, ROBIN, AND I WANTED TO TAUNT YOU ABOUT IT. AGAIN, THIS IS THE JOKER."
>>
File: batman earth 2.jpg (64 KB, 565x806) Image search: [Google]
batman earth 2.jpg
64 KB, 565x806
>>81478754
i used to think like you.then I started to think about what i just watched only to find myself disgusted by
> Damage Control:the movie
the movie is so stupid but there is bright moments.I recomment only watching the trailers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFQZ7-TKqM
>>
>>81478754
>decide to finally go and see BvS
>expect it to be the worst movie ever made beciasebof critics and /co/

I went in with the same expectations

I did not leave with that impression, it wasn't as bad as people were saying but it wasn't good.

He was great, only thing in the movie I have no complaints about.

I liked him allot too.

She felt forced like all the Justice League stuff. I think she'll make a fine wonder woman but she didn't belong in this movie.

He was awful. He had one monolouge that was ok.

It was shit

It was ok

Good batman, meh movie. The plot was interesting but Synder is way too heavy handed with his symbolism and scenes like the knightmare and wonder woman checking her e mail felt completely out of place.

They should have made the whole movie focused on batman and superman. All the side plots watered down the movie.
>>
>>81478839
Nice call marvel/disney shill.
>>
>>81486286
so impatient

no wonder you like this shit
>>
>>81480055
would have been better if it was orchestral.
>>81488495
https://youtu.be/VGsrMaxx8N4?t=4m53s
>>
>>81478839
Average marvelcuck intellect, everybody!
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.