[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is something that has been bothering me for a while. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
This is something that has been bothering me for a while. Why does Superman killed that terrorist at the beginning? Why didn't he heat up his gun or something? Fuck, he even said he doesn't kill right after he did that. Even if he managed to survived the 4 wall slam, it would not make any sense for Superman to do that, especially when he's giving Batman shit for being brutal to criminals even though Superman just did that to a guy right at the beginning of the film.
>>
>>81476682
>Why didn't he heat up his gun or something?
Could have set off the ammunition in the chamber.
Could have caused the warlord to panic and pull the trigger.
>he even said he doesn't kill right after he did that
No he did not he said he did not kill the other soldiers that Lex's men killed.
>>
>>81476682
Superman didn't kill him. He also didn't brand him with a bat symbol.
>>
>>81476682
Well, he did not kill the guy. The only dude that kill people left and right in this movie is Batfleck
>>
>>81476721
>>81476721
>Superman didn't kill him. He also didn't brand him with a bat symbol
Yeah but he probably shattered his spine
>>81476735
The only people Batman directly killed were people in his dream
>>
>>81476682
He didn't kill him. He tackled him through the wall, but likely took the brunt of the impact himself, just stunning the terrorist.

Also it was a third world country. Those walls probably had the structural integrity of mud-covered graham crackers.
>>
>>81476836
>it's OK if it's manslaughter
No. Snyder, get off of 4chan, your movies all suck and you should feel bad.
>>
>>81476928
I never said it was ok. It's fucking stupid. But every Batman movie has done this shit so why are only shiting on BvS for it.
>>
>>81476682

He didn't kill him. Even says so afterwards.
>>
>>81476682
Yeah, that part of the scene was ridiculous and not superman-like at all, but I think the scene before that is far more egregious.

The scene opens with Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen in the camp getting an interview with the warlord. One of the mercenaries finds a transponder in Jimmy's equipment and raises his gun at him.

Now in a Superman movie that would've been his signal watch and when the terrorist fired Superman would've shown up in the nick of time to deflect the bullet from piercing his pal's skull.

Instead Jimmy gets hit with a headshot and supes waits until Lois is inside and in mortal danger to bother to show up
>>
He didn't kill him. If it's said in story, then that's canon. Maybe it's a new bullshit power or their walls are made of mud, it does take place in Africa.

You can accept 74 people dying in the avengers ny battle, then accept this bullshit, faggot.
>>
File: alimony.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
alimony.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>81477460
>>81477460
>Now in a Superman movie that would've been his signal watch and when the terrorist fired Superman would've shown up in the nick of time to deflect the bullet from piercing his pal's skull.
>we will never have that feel from a Superman film again
>>
File: hol up.jpg (23 KB, 317x315) Image search: [Google]
hol up.jpg
23 KB, 317x315
>>81479959
>implying I'm a Marvel shill
I extremely enjoyed BvS. I'm just addressing the problems in the film since every movie has them.
I get shit every day for liking this movie and I don't need more from people who want to turn this into company wars
>>
>>81476682
>Why didn't he heat up his gun or something?

Could have set off the ammo, but a better question is: Why didn't he use his freeze breath?

Better yet, why hasn't this Superman used his freeze breath at all? Does he have it?
>>
>>81480354
Not cannon :(
>>
>>81480089
>I don't need more from people who want to turn this into company wars
Thank you. I also liked BvS but I can see it was flawed. I don't get why the extreme hate, I thought it was decent.
>>
He was pissed off at batman not because of what he was doing but because he was getting away with it with help of the authorities while every little thing he had been doing to help had been scrutinized by people making him feel trapped while the bat man was more brutal and still had people's support
>>
>>81481895

That actually would have been a much better arc.
>>
>>81477460
Oh man I felt this hard too. The opening scene of the movie is essentially Superman failing to save people. My heart sunk.
>>
>>81480445
To the point where just simply stating that "i liked it" gets you insulted or called a "shill". Funny how downright assblasted the detractors of this movie are on social media.
>>
>>81476880
Hah, nah, you won't get too fucked up if you're thrown through drywall (assuming you don't hit: studs, firestops, pipes, electrical). Those mud hut walls are damn sturdy. If Supes used Ahab the Arab to break through it he's definitely broken a few vertebra.
>>
>>81477026
Because le ebin RT score.
>>
>>81476682
He could of just wrapped his arms around his body and took all the damage.>>81476682
>>
File: ye.jpg (149 KB, 852x360) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
149 KB, 852x360
>>81476682
>In-universe explanation
Obviously we must assume Supes knew how to distrubute his strenght so that the wall-breaking wouldn't cause death

>Out-universe explanation
Zack Snyder is an idiotic dudebro that doesn't really care about the true implications of the action scenes he comes up with, he just wants them to look cool. For reference, see: the entirety of Watchmen
>>
>>81476880
>>81476682
>>81480354

>>81480408
>Why does Superman killed that terrorist at the beginning?
>He tackled him through the wall, but likely took the brunt of the impact himself, just stunning the terrorist.
>Why didn't he use his freeze breath?
>Not cannon :(

This is ridiculous. Basically is whatever the fan boys wishes to believe in his mind.
>"When he pushed them so hard, he just killed those bad guys"
>"No, he could do something that's not shown but you can logically assume this happened"
>"Well, in the comics have freeze breath. Why he didn't use it"
>"Have you ever seem him do it? NO! he doesn't have it. Don't assume what he can or cannot do"
>>
>>81482431
>Obviously we must assume Supes knew how to distrubute his strenght so that the wall-breaking wouldn't cause death
this
Like I hated this movie. I fucking hated it. Even I have read enough comics to know thats just how shit is. Hes fucking superman and functioning at ridiculous speeds. If he grabbed the guy off lois there isn't any reason he couldnt turn about in mid air and hit the wall himself taking the guy outside with him.

Why go through the wall you ask? Simple...because it fucking looks cool.
Why not use another simpler method of disarming the guy you ask?
Simple...because the one he chose fucking looked cool

I get quite a bit of the hate at this movie but I find it so funny people are bitching about an action from superman not realistically causing a persons death when in the real world it would have.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.