[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speedy Gonzales Film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 200x115) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 200x115
http://deadline.com/2016/04/speedy-gonzales-animated-movie-eugenio-derbez-warner-bros-1201730245/

Thoughts?
>>
As long as they get Speedy right...
>>
Hopefully all the white people complaining will finally get the Mexicans to tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>81476077
I'm glad you bring up this point. I grew up in a border town where Hispanics were the majority, and they fucking LOVE Speedy. He was painted all over town, on the sides of buildings, businesses, hell even ice cream trucks. All of them owned by Latinos.
And I've never even spoken to a Mexican who thought Speedy was racist, and the subject had come up from time to time.
>>
I saw this earlier and thought it was pretty strange. Speedy has been sort of irrelevant recently and I can already imagine all the RACIST cries if it's anything resembling the original

A movie too? It's just so out of nowhere and I don't know how it'd really work considering he's generally just a character in 10 or so minute shorts.

I imagine it'll be something like Puss in Boots, just set in Mexico and with a little less fighting
>>
>>81476325
>of irrelevant recently
Looney Tunes in general has become irrelevant recently

I dunno, what makes them think a Speedy Gonzales film will work when the last two Looney Tunes films have bombed to hell?
>>
File: 1376770900508.jpg (20 KB, 284x285) Image search: [Google]
1376770900508.jpg
20 KB, 284x285
>>81475920
SJW asshurt whinebitching incoming
>MUH RACISM
>MUH CULTURAL APPROPRATION
>MUH WHITE PRIVILEGE
Ten bucks says feminists somehow manage to squeeze a MUH SEXISM complaint somewhere in there too
>>
>whites call it racist
>mexicans love the shit out of it

I liked the Frito Bandito too but ehh white people gotta complain a bunch about stupid shit
>>
>voiced by Gabriel Iglecias
>>
>>81476055
Fuck yeah
>>
>>81476405
Sad thing is your right, you can't have a fun Speedy Gonzales movie anymore. White girls get too butthurt.

I'm spic and have always loved those shorts and am pissed that modern times try to neuter classic Looney Tunes.
>>
>>81475920
There's retards bitching about racism in the comments already. Christ I hope everyone in the PC brigade is raped to death
>>
for what purpose
>>
>>81477120

Speede gonzalez first short was about him running into America and stealing cheese from american factories to feed mexicans.
>>
>>81477367
And?
>>
>>81476469
Voiced by Eugenio Derbez. He's a weird choice, but at least I won't have to deal with him mugging the camera.
>>
>>81477435
That people complaining about it are missing the point. Speedy was loved because he was a Robin Hood figure that went against the stereotype of lazy Mexicans and outwitted the gringo antagonist.
>>
>>81475920
Do not understand why someone considers Speedy Gonzales a sign of racism, Mickey Mouse is a black mouse and nobody out there considered racist
>>
>>81477822
Speedy schtik is being Mexican. Mickey is just a normal guy.
>>
>>81477870
are you implying Mexicans aren't normal?
>>
Warner Bros attempted to make a Marvin the Martian Movie.

Never happened.

A Taz movie. Never happened.

Even a Bugs solo film. Never happened.

This is just a brain fart some WB executive had that will go nowhere.
>>
>>81478396
True, but hopefully they'll consider just how much and just how many Latinos would like to see it. And Eugenio Derbez is well-liked among us I would think. There's a good chance it would rake in some cash, at least.
>>
File: 1243767011776.jpg (48 KB, 400x481) Image search: [Google]
1243767011776.jpg
48 KB, 400x481
>>81475920
BUILD WALL
>>
File: ese.jpg (17 KB, 387x379) Image search: [Google]
ese.jpg
17 KB, 387x379
I expect a cgi humanized rat like Alvin & the Chipmunks. I would rather have pic related
>>
>>81475920
Ugh, Eugenio Derbez
>>
Kek, there's already a ton of articles about this in Spanish. My fellow Latinos are getting hyped.
>>
Could be good
>>
File: angry-bird.jpg (32 KB, 472x506) Image search: [Google]
angry-bird.jpg
32 KB, 472x506
>>81475920
>Eugenio Derbéz
>>
>>81475920
>eugenio derbez

no gracias
>>
>>81478396
I was waiting for these 3 for years, occasionally checking on the status and all, it was a shame when they were all canned or "no news as of 2010"
>>
>>81478396
Id have loved a Marvin movie.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.