[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL Al1BRMPag Suicide Squ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: empire3.jpg (715 KB, 1920x2491) Image search: [Google]
empire3.jpg
715 KB, 1920x2491
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLAl1BRMPag
Suicide Squad is going to be the best DC movie in years.
>>
>>81475298
how many years? we haven't has a good DC film in 8, so I'd buy it
>>
That's what they said about Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>81475340
I know, man. But please, allow me to be hyped about the prospect of Suicide Squad being done right.
>>
>>81475298
So... its only competition really is TDKR, MoS, and BvS

... not exactly setting the bar high, is it?
>>
>>81475298

Yeah. No.

The thing is getting reshot in response to BvS' reviews, which means it was like that movie, and reshooting so close to its release hurts the quality of whatever they are adding. It was done with FF.

They probably know it's bad already and are crossing their fingers these changes change its overall tone.
>>
>>81475411
Sure it is considering.
TDKR = Great
MOS = Amazing
BVS = Great
>>
>>81475340
And they were right.
>>
It will be better than civil war and dawn of justice

But will it be better than x-men?
>>
>>81476678
Nobody gives a shit about X-Men except people with Foxholm Syndrome.
>>
>>81475298
Far too much NOT MUH in it for me really.
>>
File: 1451809593353.png (19 KB, 330x189) Image search: [Google]
1451809593353.png
19 KB, 330x189
thats what you dcucks also said about bvs
>>
It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops.
>>
>>81475298
It's going to save BvS
In what world?
>>
File: jaroker.png (78 KB, 532x540) Image search: [Google]
jaroker.png
78 KB, 532x540
It might be a good movie, but Jared Leto has ruined his career with his edgy pranks
>>
>>81475298
Third time's the charm.
>>
>>81475298
That's not really saying much
>>
>>81475411
Mos and bvs were 5 out of 10.
>>
>>81476161
>>81476767
You guys are so full of shit just like all the people hating bvs before it came out. So full of false info and preconcieved opinions, just take a step back and give it a fair chance with a clean slate
>>
>>81476643
The dark knight trilogy is the greatest.
All others were trash.
>>
File: joke leto.png (216 KB, 338x401) Image search: [Google]
joke leto.png
216 KB, 338x401
>>81476935
Batman vs. Superman was not a good movie though
>>
>>81476912
Pffft.

4 and 3 out of 10, respectively.

They just don't work as films. They're sloppy, messy shit.
>>
>>81476935
BvS was terrible though.

Legitimately worse than IM2.
>>
It could've been good, but if the rumors about the comedic reshoots turn out to be true, it will be a clusterfuck of untold proportions.

>>81477042
I don't understand how you can think that BvS is worse than IM2.
>>
File: 1458781110101.jpg (43 KB, 357x478) Image search: [Google]
1458781110101.jpg
43 KB, 357x478
>>81476969
It's the movie we all deserve. But not the movie we all want right now.
>>
>>81477099
Weren't the rumors complete bullshit?
>>
>>81477169
http://batman-news.com/2016/04/04/suicide-squad-common-imrov-jared-leto/

It's happening.
>>
>>81477099
>I don't understand how you can think that BvS is worse than IM2.
Because it is. BvS is legitimately one of the worst cape movies ever made, yet here we are having people defend it.
>>
>>81477252
There were always reshoots planned, Faraci just took it and made clickbait out of it.
>>
MOMS
>>
>>81477169
It really does sound like something post-BvS WB would do, given what we've heard about Aquaman (Lovecraftian horror to "lighthearted, swashbuckeling" comedy in the blink of an eye), Wonder Woman, and Justice League. But I feel that even if we dodge this bullet that the proceeding movies will catch the awfulness in their desperate, newfound attempt to outquip Whedon. At best, Suicide Squad is just buying time.
>>
Does anybody feel like WB/DC is trying way too hard to make Jared Leto's Joker into Heath Ledger's Joker? All the shit about him being crazy on set feels so fake.
>>
>>81477099
It is much worse.

It doesn't work on the most basic levels of storytelling. IM3 is kinda boring and inconsequential. BvS is legitimately shit. It's poorly acted, poorly shot, poorly paced, and poorly scripted. Half of the film only exists to be a load of pretentious nonsense with no bearing on the plot.

It's terrible. It may look very pretty at times, but it's on the same tier in terms of actual storytelling as GL. It's one of the worst cape films ever made. There mere fact that you're defending it tells me that you're a delusional fanboy.
>>
>>81477252
>“I believe in that. Whatever way is necessary for you to be that person, so that you can let go and see The Joker, I love that. From the time I stepped on the set, I was my character and he was his character. There was no in between. It wasn’t like, “Hey, man, how’s your family doing?”

Imagine Tattooed Man asking the Joker how his dead wife and unborn child are doing.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>81477416
I said IM2, not IM3, but that ones shit too. IM2 was the most boring, pointless, superhero movie I've ever sat through, and by the end I felt that nothing had even happened. The villain's best part was when he said "muh byrd."

>it may look pretty

Then it's better than Iron Man 2 or 3. If you seriously think that BvS is below IM2, then I have a hard time buying that you're not a delusional fanboy. It's better just for the action scenes and musical score alone.
>>
>>81477416
I dont get why you marvelfags are so butthurt when the movie was mediocre cant you just act like your not threatened by snyders shitty bullshit
>>
>>81477411
But Anon, he's just so #damaged.
>>
>>81477252
In none of his statements is there mention of reshoots. Are you illiterate?
>>
File: 8482581.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
8482581.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>81477378
>Lovecraftian horror to "lighthearted, swashbuckeling" comedy in the blink of an eye
>>
>>81477605
I'd be damaged too if my best friend was a manslaughtering psycho with an Oedipus complex.
>>
>>81475411

You guys are still pretending TDKR is bad? Awww. How cute.
>>
File: panic.png (466 KB, 687x937) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
466 KB, 687x937
>>81477252
>reshots confirmed
>>
>>81477691
Wait, does Batman want to fuck his mom?
>>
>>81475298
>Suicide Squad is going to be the best DC movie in years.
Is that why they're reshooting it?
>>
File: fpb-15.jpg (155 KB, 636x984) Image search: [Google]
fpb-15.jpg
155 KB, 636x984
>>81477712
Yes and by extension the Joker. Because for some unfathomable reason Joker reminds Batman of Martha.
>>
>>81477099
It's a worse film.

Look at any aspect of the film, save POTTERY, and you'll find IM2 is better. Even the action in BvS is hollow because the scenario around it is so contrived (and holy shit, Superman is so goddamn stupid when fighting Batman).

Let's just look at the character motivations for now. In BvS, we have three key characters - Clark, Bruce, and Lex. In IM2, we have three as well - Tony, Justin, and Ivan.

>BvS:

Clark: Literally nothing. He has no driving motivation throughout the film. There's nothing believable about him wanting to square off with Batman. He's just as brutal as him, if not moreso, so he's not putting an end to Bruce's terrifying ways. Superman, the supposed moral and thematic center of the DCU, spends the entire film just wafting around indecisively and doing what other people tell him to.

Bruce: Paranoid and angry about Superman after Wayne Tower was destroyed in MoS. Good, this is good motivation. Character is consistent with this, though this version of Batman is utterly unlikable and his reason for giving up on his paranoid crusade is extremely stupid.

Lex: Literally nothing. He has no motivation whatsoever, he's just a weirdo spouting random DEEPness. Barely a character.

>IM2:

Tony: Wants to ensure that his inventions no longer end up in the hands of the US government, or be mass produced, as he has a guilty conscience regarding his previous arms dealing.

Justin: Has always been Mr. 2nd Place to Tony, has been humiliated by him in the past, and wants to one-up him in whatever way he can. Plays into the constant IM theme of Tony's dubious past never going away.

Ivan: Has a grudge against Tony's company resulting from the unscrupulous way his father ran it. Wants to ruin Tony like Tony's father ruined his dad. Realizes that the best way to do this is to attack his conscience and get Starktech into mass production, destroying all the fledgling superhero is working for and nulling his attempts to change his ways.
>>
>>81477694
not a word of a lie if Batman had taken off Bane's mask and there was a mouse or like one of those little aliens from Men in Black behind it running the Bane suit, I would not have felt it was a bad movie

but it insisted on itself, and nobody likes a cunt
>>
>>81477694
It was mediocre, with some really cringy stuff in it when you pay attention.

It wasn't awful, but I expected a lot better after Begins and TDK.
>>
Wait, was BVS bad?
>>
>>81475391
>being done Right
>Lawton hot Blackfaced
>Harley Quinn is a featured member of the squad
>Joker seems to have some of the squad's focus
>getting turned into an even funnier and light hearted movie than it already was
I had hope when I saw that twitter post from the director wherein he was reading Ostrander's run and said he was studying. Now I'm worried that he read 4 issues, got tired of the art and started reading New 52. We're getting Slipknot as a one-note bomb joke as a way to call back to the Ostrander comic.

I want to be excited, I really do, but I have lost faith in WB/DC
>>
>>81476643
This. And yeah, I'd definitely say that TDKR is the same tier as BvS.
>>
>>81478089

its a meme anon.
>>
>>81476767
>edgy joker
>when current joker raped a kid cut his FUCKING FACE OFF AND WALK AROUND FOR MONTHS ON END
>WENT FULL ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND INSTEAD OF SUBTLE
LETO AT LEAST IS FUNNY
>>
>>81477694
>Batman quits
>Bane is a meme who takes orders
>Magic knee brace
>Escapes a nuke
>The fight choreography and voice are at a all time worst
>Forced "Robin"
Oh yeah its fucking 10/10 isnt it anon?
>>
>>81476161
It's getting reshot due to scheduling issues on the part of the guy playing Killer Croc. The reshoots were planned months before BvS even hit theaters.
>>
>>81478519
>I have never read the bane and tali arch
HE TAKES OVER A FUCKING OFF SHORE NUKE PLANT IN THE COMICS
>>
>>81478552
Lets be honest here, Bane is one note. Knightfall was perhaps the only time he shined
>>
>>81478552

You know /co/ doesn't read comics, right?
>>
Holy fuck, I legitimately thought I was in /tv/ while reading this thread.
>>
>>81476660
>what is TDKR
>>
>>81478720
>bane is one note
>did more in a single run than all of the other batman rogues combined
>>81478721
I know I actually liked TDKR's bane he was the best part of that movie. I think Christian Bale is a good batman but a horrid Bruce Wayne I think Ben is a great batman and Bruce and I really liked how it dared to answer the question of what if batman snapped. BvS suffered under Synder in that it didn't know what it wanted to be.
>>
>>81475338
>What is Dark Knight Rises

The movie was critically successful, no matter what meme loving faggots in 4chan think.
>>
>>81478901
>Bale is a good Bruce Wayne and a shit Batman
FTFY
>>
>>81475298
Best capeshit this year at least.
>>
>>81477312
You're a total fool if you truly believe this filth.
>>
>>81479219
No he's not a good bruce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe0gt60rNHI
He's a playboy through and through
>>
>>81475298
I hope.
>>
>>81475298
I love the color palette in this movie.
>>
>>81476161
Reshooting a movie due to release in 5 months while all but one of the main actors are working on something else? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>81482206
It's what they are doing.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.