[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any good website for rating comics like IMDB is for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Is there any good website for rating comics like IMDB is for movies, Myanimelist/Anidb/Makaupdate is for anime/manga, BGG is for boardgames and Metacritic is for movies?
>>
>>81474419
yourpersonalopinion.com
>>
>>81474515
The address appears to be wrong.
>>
>>81474529
Of course it is, you sheep.
>>
>>81474515
File not found!
>>
>>81474546
I was being ironic.
>>
>>81474569
You better be, buster. Anyway, I don't know of any; ComicBookDB has an user rating system, but it's not necessarily trustworthy. No website is, in fact; hence my ebin dotcom
>>
>>81474752
All of these websites are trustworthy if you know how to look at them:
8-10: Might be good
6-7: probably OK
>6: shit
>>
>>81474856
No they aren't. Why would I trust the opinion of someone who reads comics, in the first place?
>>
>>81474918
Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>81474932
>anonymous
>probably yet another loser
Have a guess.
>>
>>81474965
Why would being anonymous or a loser have anything to do with rating comics? If most people find it entertaining it's a sign that the comic might be interesting. It's better than trusting "professional" reviewers or making a new thread on chan when you want to read a new comic book and don't want to waster your time downloading and reading a few issues just to find out that it's shit.
>>
>>81475018
>Why would being anonymous or a loser have anything to do with rating comics?
Easy: when you'r anonymous, no one knows if you're a fan or the creator of the comic; when you're a loser, your opinions are worthless.
>>
>>81475088
Creator can cast one vote, popular series on MAL have 6k votes. You would need an army of autists to affect results, and filtering mechanism would probably make your votes not count anyway.
Loser's opinions on getting women or being successful are probably worthless but I don't see why wouldn't they be able to tell a bad comic from a good one.
>>
>>81475140
>I don't see why wouldn't they be able to tell a bad comic from a good one.
Because they're losers, anon.
>>
>>81475188
So? I mean I don't see the connection.
>>
>>81474419
Comic Book Roundup? No idea about quality of that place.
>>
>>81475222
Thanks. It doesn't have as many user reviews as I'd like but I guess it's the closest to what I wanted.
>>
>>81475218
...I rest my case.
>>
>>81475222
i use it regularly and it seems fine to me, though it's only for newer series and they usually don't appear in the database if no website review them
>>
>>81475308
You've barely made any case at all.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.