[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>visiting sister >see nephew drinking this >ask him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: tmp_11402-14495993243918560.jpg (42 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11402-14495993243918560.jpg
42 KB, 375x500
>visiting sister
>see nephew drinking this
>ask him what he thinks of batman v superman
>says he hasn't seen it, he assumes superman turns evil and batman has to stop him
>ask why he thinks this
>he points out his darker suit, his grumpy disposition, and lack of "super-shorts"
>never got the impression that he actually wanted to go see it

So kids aren't a big fan this grimdark phase DC heroes are going through? Do you think they'd enjoy a movie more bright, friendly, heroic, and optimistic, sort of like Batnan: the Brave and the Bold or All-Star Superman?
>>
>>81466557
my 10 year old sister went to the movie and thought it was the greatest shit ever
She would also hate to have to watch those two shows
she is an edgy little cunt desu senpai
>>
>>81466557
>it's a stories that never happened thread
>>
>>81466918
It did happen. It isn't even a farfetched occurrence.
>>
>co-workers ask me if I've seen it
>tell them yes
>they ask if it's good and why they're fighting
>I tell them no and why they're fighting
>they act as if I told them their cat died
People REALLY don't like this movie and they've never even seen it
>>
>>81466557
>So kids aren't a big fan this grimdark phase DC heroes are going through?
I dunno, but part of me is really looking forward to how many kids they make cry with the NEW AND IMPROWED grimderp Cyborg.
>>
>>81467122

>''hey anon, you saw BvS this weekend right? Me too! What'd you think''
>''it was okay''
>''What didnt you like about it? I loved it''
>''idk, bit too dark''
>''but thats good isnt it?''
>walk away
>>
>>81466557
I took my wife's son to go see it and he was disappointed. It was actually my cousins kid but still.
>>
>>81467559
So you married your cousin, or cousin's ex-wife?
>>
>>81466557
My sister's kid liked it. But he also liked Man of Steel over Avengers for some reason. So not surprising.
>>
>>81467050
I'm sure it did. I'm sure he really thought superman was easy because he didnt have the brightness of typical interpretations of superman and no trunks. i'm sure he honestly thought that and you didn't just make this shit up.
>>
The bad word of mouth about this movie has made it to the nightly talk news and shows at this point, but clearly it's all Disney propaganda and nobody knows anybody that didn't absolutely love the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1651x954) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1651x954
>>
>>81468168
Good, you're not paranoid then.
>>
File: 1435538687765.png (367 KB, 543x399) Image search: [Google]
1435538687765.png
367 KB, 543x399
>>81468267

martha
>>
>>81466557
Op pls, most kids love edgy and dark stuff. They need it's "mature" and makes them look grown up and shit.
Look at the Bayformers movies. Optimus Prime tears Decepticons apart (with robot blood) and humans are vaporized. While G1 nerds cry at these scenes, kids eat it up and think it's cool. Same goes for Five Nights at Freddy and Creepypastas.

The problem with BvS is that is is booooooooring. The exciting stuff kids would like (Batman owning goons, BatSupes fight, ect) dont happen til like 2 hours til the end and are short.
Kids don't care about Superman going to court, Snyder!!!!
>>
Marvel's proven that keeping the costumes bright, the stories simple, and the characters with levity is the best option.

But to be honest, DC had the best cinematic universe it was ever gonna have with the DCAU.
>>
>>81466557
>So kids aren't a big fan this grimdark phase DC heroes are going through?
>implying DC even considers children in their marketing agenda

Come on, son.
>>
>>81468497
Well my nephew is 7, seems like you have tweens in mind
>>
>>81468267

>Batman kills people left and right and brands them with the Bat symbol so they are killed in prison
>after meeting Superman, doesn't brand Lex at the end

Nephew is right
>>
>>81467407
>I dunno, but part of me is really looking forward to how many kids they make cry with the NEW AND IMPROWED grimderp Cyborg.
Oh god, this should be terrifying. I'm actually kinda interested in seeing it too.
>>
>>81468668
>>Batman kills people left and right and brands them with the Bat symbol so they are killed in prison
>so they are killed in prison
Pause. When was it shown that this happened?
>>
File: 87897807089.png (256 KB, 361x414) Image search: [Google]
87897807089.png
256 KB, 361x414
>>81468631
>Just amazed that they pull a Superman is dead at the end but not really to really reach for some emotion
>Hear little kid in the theater
>"Is superman dead? He can't be dead, nonono..."

Feel bad for some kids that can't experience the older films, the Fleischers cartoon, and the Timmverse Superman and JL.
>>
>>81468662
Nope, kids love bay's edgy Transformers and buy the toys (including Bumblebee, the worst autobot). When kids think of Optimus Prime, they think of Bay Prime with retractable swords cutting robots in half and shooting humans. Bay is also smart though and puts childish jokes in his movies to balance out the edgyness.
>>
>>81468712
Clark is watching news report about how inmates who are branded with the bat symbol is a death sentence
>>
>>81468742
Timm's Superman was not that great at all. Even he admits to sucking with the character.

>Here's a bunch of cameo's and Batman over and over because I just don't know what to do with bumfuck Superman

Timm's Superman was going to let a planet be destroyed at the aid of one of his most powerful enemies.

>If you don't help me, my planet will be destroyed
>Good

>I should crack your skull
>I'm not going to stop until you're just a greasy smear on my fist

That's a shitty Superman, brah.
>>
>>81468747
That isn't edgy or dark in the least. Volatile, sure, but those films never took themselves seriously or tried to be dark or brooding like modern film Supey
>>
>>81468258
Did you cry as you typed this? Sure, kid, they all loved it. Nobody with taste actually saw it. They all loved it. Dc doesn't suck. Marvel doesn't even exist...
>>
>>81468945
Pretty sure DCfags are DC film's harshest critics
>>
>>81468267
>a kid is smarter than adult comics fans

There is hope for this world yet.
>>
>>81466557
>kid
>drinking soda
enjoy your diabetes, amerifat

Also, this never happened.
>>
>>81468990
>>>>soda
>>
Fuck off with Batman Brave and the Bold
All incarnations of the Bat are valid, sure, but the thing is that majority of people including comic fans see Batman as a darker character...which is great because he contrasts the lighter character of Superman.
If both are light or both are dark their crossover loses most of it's potential.
>>
>>81468712
The sex ring he busted. Pesos are already beat to shit in prisons. He made it easiers with the branding.
>>
>>81468818

>that time the JL goes to Apokolips and as everyone's escaping, Superman stays behind not to help them escape, but because he wants to kill the shit out of Darkseid

DCAU Superman was weird
>>
File: Batmobile BvS v SS.jpg (440 KB, 972x994) Image search: [Google]
Batmobile BvS v SS.jpg
440 KB, 972x994
>>81468267
>>81468668
Plus the turret gun is gone from SS Batmobile.
>>
>>81469025

>he didn't actually watch BatB

BatB Batman was dark and broody, they just cracked jokes about it because he existed to be the straight man to everyone else's wacky antics.
>>
>>81467122

Yeah but I'd love to hear how you explained why they're fighting
>>
>>81469108
I did watch BatB and you are lying to yourself if you think that he was dark and broody.
He was clearly a more fun version of Batman though I do have to give them that they managed to give tribute to a lot of his eras other than silver age, even had Grant Morrisian ending.

But no, people think Batman the animated series usually, not BatB.
>>
>>81469101
I think it can just retract.
>>
>>81466557

>visiting sister
>see nephew drinking this
>ask him what he thinks of batman v superman
>says he loved it

So Kids love the new approach DC is taking with Batman and Superman.

I hope this has shown you how coming to a conclusion on a single anecdotal story you made up was a stupid move.
>>
>>81469082

DCAU Superman was right. He didn't get to have some faggot machine to sing Darkseid to death. The god of evil needs killing. That wasn't even the first time Superman tried to do it
>>
>>81469082

That's a completely reasonable response to Darkseid.
>>
>>81468818

This must be trolling.
>>
>>81469082
I liked DCAU Supes. He wasn't a complete fucking boyscout. He had flaws and it was easy to think of him as riding a line that only the Justice League was keeping him on the right side of.
>>
>>81469298

It's the most human the character has ever been. Instead of "I'm a good boy because Pa told me to be" he's shaped by his experiences and forges his own morality
>>
>>81469384
Yeah and he's constantly having to get reigned in and called on his shit.
>>
>>81468168
>I'm sure he really thought superman was easy because he didnt have the brightness of typical interpretations of superman and no trunks.

Dude's running around with no trunks, what makes you think he isn't easy?
>>
>>81468712
It was not shown, it was said.

This movie doesn't really understand "show, don't tell".
>>
>>81469408

The league was wrong not to listen to Superman when it came to Darkseid. It was all a trap
>>
>>81469298

I like Superman more when he's the one keeping people on the right side of a line. He's a great character to have others play off and challenge him on things. And just because he doesn't have huge flaws doesn't mean he can't make wrong decisions. Often times his idealism backfires on him.

It's ok because the theme of the entire JL in the DCAU was that everyone except Flash was toeing a line, hence the Justice Lords. Superman's just more angry and stoic than he should be.
>>
>>81468945
I know sarcasm is impossible to read in type but I thought I telegraphed that pretty hard, dude.
>>
>>81469149
It was not made up though
>>
>>81469384

I disagree, forging your own morality isn't something people normally struggle with. He comes across as an ubermensch trying to figure out how far he wants to go, not a human trying to come to terms with how his powers affect the world
>>
File: 1445400284456.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1445400284456.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>Superman spends the first half of the movie trying to make up for Metropolis
>saves little girl from burning house, saves people from flood, saves rocket ship
>people still think he's evil and might destroy the world
>to "stop" Superman Lex Luthor creates a giant monster that even if it killed Superman would be uncontrollable and would kill thousands of people
>wheelchair man kills lots of innocent people at the Senate just to send a message against Superman
More people died when people tried to fuck with Superman. This movie is a mess.

They're fight in Dark Knight Returns sort of makes sense because it portrays Supes as a government stooge. This movie is like Snyder read DKR, Injustice and the Death of Superman and said "I want all of this".
>>
>>81469624
>Snyder includes things from the comics because they look cool without getting the story
sounds familiar
>>
>>81469570

Neither was mine.
>>
>>81469693
You implied it was, but I'm not going to argue
>>
File: 1383922442366.jpg (26 KB, 303x326) Image search: [Google]
1383922442366.jpg
26 KB, 303x326
>>81466557
>diet
>>
>>81467891
He married his cousin's kid.
>>
>>81466557
>and lack of "super-shorts"

Your nephew is cool
>>
File: Serious_Cyborg_arguing.png (3 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
Serious_Cyborg_arguing.png
3 MB, 1916x1076
>>81468691
Can't wait either.
>>
>>81469624
>>wheelchair man kills lots of innocent people at the Senate just to send a message against Superman

Is that really how you understood that scene?
>>
>>81466557
>> lack of "super-shorts"

Was lying part of your plan?

ciaguy.jpeg
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 480x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 480x500
>>81468747
>When kids think of Optimus Prime, they think of Bay Prime
>>
>>81471994
well, the news report said there was a bomb in the room
>>
>>81469603
Thats bullshit, thats basic life, Espeically in that set up
>>
>>81469132
>Batman was in Metropolis while Superman was fighting Zod, saw his building get destroyed, and his co-workers die. He steals Kryptonite from Lex for the fight. Lex kidnaps Lois and Martha, throws Lois off a roof to get Superman's attention, and when Superman tells Lex he has no power Lex shows him pictures of his mother. Lex tells him to go fight Batman, who Superman has been against due to how violent Batman's methods are.

Like that
>>
>>81473073

Okay, so you skipped all the thematic nuance and the real reason why Batman fought. You probably also forgot to mention that Superman didn't want to fight.
>>
>>81473106
kill yourself being this pretentious over someone else's experience.
>>
>>81472918
Yeah but it was clearly orchestrated by Luthor, not the Wheelchair guy.
>>
>>81466557
The movie is rated 16+ in my country, so it's not like it's even considered to be a kid's movie to begin with here. Not that that stopped anyone from bringing their kids to, say, Deadpool.
>>
>>81469624
>a person does good in spite of his circumstances all while an evil genius takes advantage of the delicate situation for his own personal gain
>this is a mess

i'd be with you but you've got to look for a better angle
>>
>>81474030
>Not that that stopped anyone from bringing their kids to, say, Deadpool.
yet BvS gets shit on for being dark

you see, it's okay to be gratuitous in the way to commit to violence if you joke about it
the weird thing about the response to bvs is not that people don't like it, its the inconsistency of the things they fault it for. probably everyone felt that it didn't deliver on the hype it had, which is actually very understandable
>>
>>81466701
Well, kids lack the ability to think critical about plot. That's why most the movies you enjoyed as a kid is shit as an adult.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.