[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss it How was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 18
File: The_Powerpuff_Girls.jpg (13 KB, 421x236) Image search: [Google]
The_Powerpuff_Girls.jpg
13 KB, 421x236
I miss it
How was it?
>>
A miserable attempt to capitalize on the regret and despair of a swiftly aging consumer base.
>>
It was fine. The only people who are complaining are nostalgic aspies
>>
>>81464595
meh
>>
It was awful. The only people defending it are nostalgic aspies
>>
>>81464595
shit
>>
>>81464768
>>81465079
lmao
>>
>>81464595
4/10
>>
It was as bad as we all knew it was going to be.
>>
It was ok. The only people who are complaining are nostalgic aspies
>>
Its what I expected yet somehow I still feel cheated.
>>
>>81465210
It's good to know what Bret Hart thought about it.
>>
>>81464595
>I didn't watched,The only people who watched are nostalgic aspies
>>
LOL BUTTS
>>
>>81464595
pretty bad, but it couldeve been worse
>>
>5/10
>>
Meh. Not very good, imo. Not gonna keep watching it.
>>
It's was middle of the road.

Kids who have have never seen the original will most likely enjoy it.

People who grew up with the original will most likely not enjoy it.
>>
>>81465944
It really feels like it's trying to be TTG. All the random text gags, the language, the zany expressions, etc.

But I agree that it'll depend on people knowing the original. The thing is, at least you know TTG is it's own thing. This keeps some of the design choices, but then does everything else differently so it just feels like a shitty emulation if you know the original and just girl TTG if you don't.
>>
File: 1444076875708.png (87 KB, 332x505) Image search: [Google]
1444076875708.png
87 KB, 332x505
>>81464768
>>81465079
well...which one is it?
>>
I did not watch it, but could only assume it was a terrible cash in to try and make CN look cool again. God knows Steven Universe, and TTGo shit aren't.
>>
>>81464595
Not very good, which is disappointing. I was fine with the redesigns and the voice acting is okay, but the writing is really cringeworthy and the animation looks really bad in some parts.

I watched it with a childhood friend and we both noticed that their irises in the redesign are much thinner than the old, which puts too much sclera into view and makes their big eyes look creepy. I never thought I'd find their eyes anything but cute but the new folks managed to do it.

The animators also give them disturbing expressions that don't fit the Powerpuff style. Pic related, and I'll post a few more after that.

As for the writing, they focus waaay too much on Buttercup. It may be just these first few episodes, but they give her more dialogue and screentime than before but the way they write Buttercup makes her come off a lot more obnoxious and egotistical.

Blossom is also really snarky and meaner than her older counterparts, which is incredibly shitty. She also apparently likes black guys, even though iirc in the boy band episode there was a ginger boy with a red shirt. She ruined the PPG crush theme they had going on, where Bubbles like a sweet blonde guy and Buttercup liked a raven-headed bad boy.

Bubbles as a character is okay but her VA just uses her normal talking voice to voice her so there are moments when you can feel her inexperience in knowing how to vocally convey certain emotions.

They also introduced Princess Moorbucks in the same episode as a group of generic antagonists and the antagonists got a better character introduction than Princess, which is pathetic because we all know we'll see Moorbucks again but the others will probably one be a one episode appearance never to be seen again. I mean, one of the biggest arguments FOR the show is that it's "for a younger generation" yet they appearantly think it makes sense to rush through the introduction of a reoccurring antagonist? Wtf?
>>
>>81466529
>>
>>81466547
>>
File: too much sclera.png (346 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
too much sclera.png
346 KB, 800x450
>>81466559
>>
File: me too, bubbles.png (372 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
me too, bubbles.png
372 KB, 800x450
>>81466571
>>
>>81466529
>>81466547
>>81466559
It's really weird what they're doing with their eyes.

It's clear that the idea is they want to make the eyes super animated now. They act like a robots eyes would, showing a variety of shapes and images to fit whatever whacky overexaggerated mood they want to get across.

I understand the idea behind it, but it really doesn't work.
>>
>>81466529
Wtf is wrong with her face?! Looks like it was animated by Adventure Time team. Oh god its jarring. Fuck!
>>
File: me too.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
me too.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>81466585
>>
>>81466607
>>
>>81466369
Everyone posting on this board is a nostalgic aspie.
>>
File: derp eyes.png (407 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
derp eyes.png
407 KB, 800x450
>>81466623

>>81466604
>>81466606
You're gonna love this rapper frame, then.
>>
So this is it. This is how Cartoon Network ends. Now it is up to Toonami.
>>
>>81466529
>likes black guys
That was a woman and the band manager
It makes sense that she would like someone for their accomplishments and not their superficial or manufactured qualities
>>
>>81466644
Also, as some tumblr users pointed out a while back, the original professor had absolutely no problem with his daughters putting makeup on him. Never even frowned once unlike in this short.

Way to be progressive, new writers.
>>
>>81466688
It just looks... wrong. Like some asshole snuck into your house and moved everything over 6 inches.
>>
File: also too much sclera.png (184 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
also too much sclera.png
184 KB, 800x450
>>81466688

>>81466667
I think you need to rewatch the old series because she wasn't immune to liking guys of her type.

But whatever, enjoy your current year sjw Blossom.
>>
>>81466746
>>
>>81466787
>detected malicious code in image
lol wat
>>
It has taught me that i should kill myself for being born white and straight

The 90's version taught me that i should really eat my peas.
>>
>>81466864
That's all I have saved up right now but you get the general gist of how bad it gets.

The weirdness of that lumberjack guy was explained in the episode because he did happen to be a manlet. The angles were still really bad, but he was intended to be short.
>>
>>81466864
even the server rejects this cartoon.
>>
>>81466891
If buttercup becomes yuribait I might give this a watch actually. at least then it'd be interesting.
>>
>>81466746
Literally what?
Buttercup is shown liking Ace, Bubbles calls Boomer "cute", Blossom shows no romantic interest in anyone whatsoever in the entire run of the original show.

Even in "Slumbering With the Enemy" all the girls (and Mojo) are fawning over guys in magazines with the exception of Blossom who just looks curious/neutral.

The only thing I can think of that you MIGHT be referring to is "City of Clipsville" but everyone knows that was a jab at the fandom so surely you're fucking with me if that's actually what you're referring to.

2016 Blossom DOES fangirl hard over the old science dude in the "Blue Ribbon" clip though. And is cute as fuck in doing so
>>
Do their eyes even move properly? The caps make it seem like they are mostly static with just the white parts moving around in the blackness
>>
This show hurts my eyes, it's like the brightness on my screen is cranked at 100 while being only at 30.
>>
>>81466607

TROGDOOOR

TROGDOOOR
>>
>>81466656

Toonami just shot themselves in the foot with their latest anime announcement. It's over.
>>
>>81467099
What announcement?
>>
Something about the colors just bother me. Like everything is too bright. Or maybe it's the thinner lines. Either way it's awful and painful to look at.
>>
>>81467113

They picked up Hunter x Hunter. Another long running shounen series. They already have DBZ: Kai, One Piece and Naruto.
>>
>>81467113
>>81467194
They're also making 2nd and 3rd six-episode seasons of FLCL
>>
File: 1453076451261.gif (736 KB, 451x322) Image search: [Google]
1453076451261.gif
736 KB, 451x322
>>81467308
>They're also making 2nd and 3rd six-episode seasons of FLCL
I need to lie down...
>>
>>81467194
Hunter x Hunter is hella good.
>>
>>81467042
>Even in "Slumbering With the Enemy" all the girls (and Mojo) are fawning over guys in magazines with the exception of Blossom who just looks curious/neutral.
>exception of Blossom who just looks curious/neutral.
Calling bullshit, she was covering her mouth in awe. If anything, Bubbles was staring with her generic smile.

Also, need I remind you she directly says in the RRB episode after kissing Brick she says, "I kind of like kissing!"

So yeah, she definitely had some superficiality going on when it came to boys/romance. Just because they didn't capitalize on it doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
>>81467514

It is, but it's too long for Toonami. This is a once a week block. It would take years for them to get caught up.
>>
>>81467514
>too long
>already on netflix
No reason to have it on Toonami.
>>
>>81467308
but why? there more series that aren't even completed that deserve it more than FLCL
>>
>>81467780
Adult Swim needs more animebux. They hate anime fans and love making fun of them, but they also profit off their dedication to dubs.

Here's the real tragedy
>Unfortunately, there was no mention of the Japanese rock group The Pillows returning for the new season. The Pillows’ soundtrack was as defining a feature of the original FLCL as the animation itself.
>>
>>81467934

I would post Demarco's tweet that's gone around a million times saying that the plan is to bring The Pillows back, but I'm afraid I'd get bombarded with >plan.
>>
File: Untitled.png (412 KB, 611x483) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
412 KB, 611x483
nice animation
shit boy band jokes
shit rap battle scene
anyone get any good reaction images?
>>
File: xsdx.png (217 KB, 378x417) Image search: [Google]
xsdx.png
217 KB, 378x417
>>81469562
>anyone get any good reaction images?
>>
It was really bad but /co/ will still watch it for dank memes.
>>
File: leg.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
leg.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>81464595

It's a bore.

Considered by itself without the baggage of the original, the new PPG is passable yet glaringly inferior to all of CN's recent internal productions, despite sharing with them an all too obvious common lineage. It lacks the sincerity of Clarence, the appeal of We Bare Bears, or the visual originality of Uncle Grandpa or Long Live The Royals. But at the same time, minus the titular girls themselves, any of the characters and scenarios can easily be confused as being from one of the aforementioned cartoons. This blandness afflicts the writing and jokes as well. It is at once all of those shows and none of them, because it doesn't have their polish or soul.

In PPG's defense, I think a lot of the fears /co/ held surrounding the show's message, myself included, were overblown. None of its faults arose from some hamfisted attempted to push an agenda. Inexperience, cheapness, and an affinity for the easy jokes are more than adequate to explain its abundant weak moments.
>>
>>81469562
>nice animation
>>
>>81472047
TETSUOOOOO!
>>
>>81464595
If you like Teen Titans GO you're gonna love it.
>>
>>81472501
Replace the forgettable 'Long Live the Royals & replace it with 'Steven Universe' & we're good
>>
>>81466746
>liking someone who isn't your race makes you an SJW

Anon, quit being a paranoid fuck. She's not even a real human!
>>
some jokes where not too funny. but i realize its a kids show. i can totally see kids laughing and enjoying the show. and thats what its all about. most older people such as myself and others on this board are probably watching for nostalgia which is totally okay. but you guys gotta be aware this show isnt for you. i can dig the newness of the show. the voices arent the same but thats not such a big deal. personally, i enjoyed it and will definitely be watching future episodes. i cant wait for the classic villains to make their debuts like mojojojo and him and those amoeba guys. oh and the gang green gang lol. i liked morebucks portrayal a lot. that scene where she shows up in a limo being carrid by henchmen was pretty damn funny. its like they where never gone. theres no big introduction to the characters or anything and i like that.
>>
>>81473472

It's one thing to ask that the show not be compared to the original. But new PPG still has to be judged against its contemporaries. There are plenty of other general/all ages shows airing on CN and rival stations that are far more polished, entertaining, funny, and visually accomplished. Some of them even manage to do so while being motivational and mentally stimulating.

PPG thus far is an average show in a crowded field. If the show never aspired to be more than average because it's a kid's show, then it doesn't deserve the amount of push it's getting from CN.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.