[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm sorry why is all this shit being released in AUSTRALIA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: australia.png (789 KB, 1228x600) Image search: [Google]
australia.png
789 KB, 1228x600
i'm sorry why is all this shit being released in AUSTRALIA

is there some sort of higher demand for physical releases over there or
>>
http://www.madman.com.au/actions/channel.do?method=view&webChannelId=17

link btw
>>
Neat.
>>
>>81461927
Madman is a pretty good distributor.

Also I think we are the only country to get a complete DVD of Moral Orel because of Madman
>>
>>81462309
Does Madman just import everything not made in Australia? I don't think I've really seen any other Australian distributor with anything else I've seen or read. I'm an American, so I've seen such a large distributor like that.
>>
no one cares about physical media here
>>
>>81462450
>I've (never) seen
is what I meant to type.
>>
>>81462482
But CN went ahead and put out an OtGW DVD last year. Not BD, DVD.
>>
>>81461927
OtGW's been released ages ago everywhere, I'm Canadian and I've got my copy right here on my shelf.
>>
>>81462698
not blu-ray
>>
>>81462450
>Does Madman just import everything not made in Australia?

hardly

They import most animes, anything from cartoon network (or adult swim), a lot foreign or independent films. That kind of stuff. they even did Australian shows like Danger 5.
>>
File: DJW8icz.png (722 KB, 657x932) Image search: [Google]
DJW8icz.png
722 KB, 657x932
>>81461927
If I remember correctly, Australia got the OtGW DVD first, but it didn't have bonus features and now this Blu-ray isn't going to have anything that isn't on the US DVD. Too bad. But it's still nice that they're releasing it. Hopefully it'll come to the US soon. I'd buy another copy if it had more extras.

I remember seeing an anon post this SU box-art a while ago. I guess they weren't lying.
>>
Serious question: How censored is that SU collection?
>>
>>81461927

Australia has shit internet.
>>
>company called madman
>surprised that it's run by absolute madmen
>>81463290
Not so shit that you can't easily download TV and movies.
>>
>>81463261
Oh, good question. I forgot Australia did that.

>http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Universe_Censorship_in_Foreign_Countries

Wouldn't want anyone seeing a child punch a dashboard.
>>
>>81463427
>they cut out Jasper's headbutt

how the fuck does the episode end then
>>
>>81461927
Because Australians are sooner or later going to be eaten by giant spiders so they have to enjoy the time they have left
>>
Does Madmen have region-locking on their Blu-Rays? I have an Australian friend who goes to college in the States, considering asking him import that OTGW Blu-Ray.
>>
>>81463703
https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/35209/over-the-garden-wall-limited-edition-bluray
This says "Region B" so I guess they do if that info is correct.
>>
>>81463597
Garnet is down, gasp from amy/poil, menacing look and line from Jasper, Steven wakes up on ship with black eye in the next episode, human brains piece together that Jasper probably hit Steven.
>>
>>81463427
>France
>"Island Adventure"

>The following scenes are censored/cut:

>Lars' and Sadie's exaggerated kiss, specifically the back-rubbing and moaning sounds, is removed. Only Lars' lips touching Sadie's is seen before the scene cuts off.

France, censoring kissing. What is this world coming to?
>>
>>81463876
Dang, I use my PS3 for blu-rays so I guess I'm SOL.

I already own the show digitally but I was willing to fork $25 for the sake of it being a collector's item, and for the special features. Maybe I will anyways
>>
>>81464157
PS3 should be region free. At least the early models were.
>>
>>81463703
Generally yes. It's irrelevant to locals because dedicated players (not game consoles) have to have a region-free setting that you can access, but officially it follows the international system.
>>
>>81463427
Hahaha holy shit those censors are retarded. Stuff like head butts, kisses, and lewd dancing will get removed, but the actually horrific stuff will go through unimpeded- Keeping it Together mainly.

I mean, those forced fusions are a level of horror only topped by maybe Human Centipede and FMA's Philospher's Stones, but neither of those have the level of... Intimacy that the forced fusions have.

Those fusion experiments are a level of evil above rape, above murder, above torture, even above Nazi experiments. Shattering people (physically and mentally) and stitching them together while they can't seperate, they can't die, and are in constant pain while a main character who built her identity around that same magical fusing... Jesus Christ. It's some level of forced rape but all involved parties are unwilling AND they can't stop or even freaking die to escape the pain. Fuck man...
>>
>>81461927
Speaking of Madman.
>Japanese Blu-ray of The Borrower Arrietty has no English dub, only Japanese with English subtitles
>US Blu-ray only has the Disney English dub alongside the Japanese version with altered English subtitles
>UK Blu-ray only has the StudioCanal English dub alongside the Japanese version with English subtitles taken straight from the Japanese Blu-ray
>Taiwanese and Hong Kong Blu-ray only has Japanese with English subtitles
>first Australian Blu-ray is the UK version with no bonus features
>re-released in Australia as the Special Edition with both the Disney and StudioCanal dubs alongside the Japanese version with English subtitles
>only other release with both dubs is an International Edition from Japan but has no English subtitles for the Japanese version
Fucking Madman.

At least I have a bootleg version from Russia with both English dubs and Japanese with English subtitles as well as all the Japanese bonus features with Russian subtitles.
>>
>>81464284
calm yourself
>>
>>81464157
Get the US DVD. It's 10 bucks and it seems like it has the exact same bonus content as the Australian Blu-ray.

>>81464224
Some googling suggests that that's not always the case.
>>
>>81464284
Settle down, Beavis
>>
Someone at CN is coined that nobody wants to buy blu rays or complete season sets on dvd.

Probably thinks along the lines of

>only kids want any of this and kids don't care about hd or complete sets so fuck it
>>
>>81464304
Thank god for piracy.
>>
The absolute company.
>>
>Symbionic Titan Season 1
>Season 1
>not The Complete Series
that's cruel

i pity the poor aussie who finds this in a bargain bin and thinks there's more
>>
>>81461927
Ugh, I want OtGW bluray but that shitty bright yellow PG on the spine.
Wish they'd fucking stop with DVDs, get that literal garbage out of here, it aint 1999 anymore.
>>
>>81464599
You got it wrong, it IS all the episiodes.

Why its called 'season 1' is beyond me but it gives me hope for second season if that name is true.
>>
>>81464728
>it IS all the episiodes
I think that's their point. That it should say that.
>>
>>81461927
>it will be a few years before any chances of SBT season 2 will materialize
I know the new Samurai Jack is a fucking surprise out of nowhere and I am really happy, but then there is this other show that also needs finishing.
>>
>>81461927
Does anyone own the australian Space Ghost Coast to Coast DVD sets? I want to know if they are the exact same release as the american editions, or if they have any issue with framerate and so on.

I'm considerng in getting them, so I don't have to sell my soul for a 10 year old dvd release.
>>
>>81464343
>>81464437
It's true though. Foreign countries probably won't censor that scene at all (not that I want them to) despite it being the most fucked up thing I can imagine.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.