[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shows That Freaked You Out When You Were Younger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: adult swim.jpg (12 KB, 236x163) Image search: [Google]
adult swim.jpg
12 KB, 236x163
I dunno, maybe it was the minimal animation or something, but most of the stuff on Adult Swim weirded me out when I was a kid
>>
Does anyone remember an ancient Adult Swim claymation (I think it was even before Adult Swim was a thing) where it was about roaches hanging out at a gas station or something?

Really fucked with me as a kid.
>>
>>81459065
Robot Chicken opening, around 10 at the time of the first season. Stayed up late to watch family guy secretly in my room
>>
>>81460607
Wait are you talking about that Slipknot video, cause that was MTV dawg
>>
squidbillies used to freak me out as a kid OP
>>
as a kid i sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and just turn on the tv and peewee herman was on, on adult swim and as a kid i never understood why this was on adult swim and continued to watch it scared and confused to see if some kind of "adult" joke was going to happen
>>
>>81462129

Fuck are you me? I still to this day dont know what that was about

Also Milk-Chan weirded me out
>>
File: autogloryhole.jpg (51 KB, 628x383) Image search: [Google]
autogloryhole.jpg
51 KB, 628x383
In soviet Australia we had to deal with this weird half real half CG face on a wall - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WW1-N9Q5KA

There's was also a show called Blast Off! that had faceless doll that was sentient. Puppets are sorta /co/ related.
>>
I used to watch Tom Goes to the Mayor, Aqua Teen, and Sealab a lot circa 2004/2005/2006 and had no idea what the hell they were supposed to be. I also liked Home Movies and Futurama a decent amount.

I know Xavier and Oz Mo and Saul of the Molemen really confused me the first time I saw them in the middle of the night.
>>
>>81462129
>>81462998
Shit I remember that. It must have been about 10 years ago now. During my summer break, I would watch CN until it went to AS and one night, instead of seeing Family Guy or Futurama or anime at 11 at night, it was fucking Pee Wees Playhouse.
>>
I couldn't sleep one night so I turned the tv on to watch disney channel, but it started on cartoon network, and for whatever reason it was playing some weird song and had jpegs of starving kids in africa, then they put the heads of them onto pictures of starving kids riding trycicles, then the starving african children got really fat, then the same would happen for more children at the same time... I started trying to flip the channel quickly, but I ended up doing something that made it the only channel available and the number the channel was became permanently super large and over the screen in ( this happened a lot, I had a REALLY OLD TV and no one really knew how to use it so I would just fiddle around with the remote until I accidentally fixed it) I just turned the tv off, told my parents to remove whatever channel that was and laid down in the dark questioning what the fuck that was...

I assume the show was either 12 oz. mouse or an adult swim bumper, but I am not 100% sure
>>
File: gz84t1f.png (57 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
gz84t1f.png
57 KB, 2048x1536
>>81463131
We had something similar in America. Much friendlier, though. Burr burr burr!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiRQ1CiZFpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7sUpqyLxFQ
>>
ATHF freaked me out a bit with Frylock because I thought he was some sort of demon.
In the end, Shake was the true villain.
>>
I once turned on cartoon network to find, what I assume was a moral oral holloween special? their were zombies and they were burning bibles, while zombies weren't anything new, them burning bibles was super eerie to me as I never heard of such a thing and I lived in a super christian household.

ON christmas I couldn't sleep so I turned it to cartoon network and the squidbillies christmas special was on, the one where they take santa hostage and torture him, skin his reindeer etc.
>>
>>81461163
do you know what video it was?
>>
>Jeopardy is on
>Category of "characters in literature's last words"
>nobody on the show get it right
>shout out "The Lottery"
>Mom asks how I got that
>"watching Squidbillies"

This show could have won me $2000, fuck.
>>
>>81463131

That was Lift Off you Baka Gaijin
>>
>>81463871
The face-girl was on Mulligrubs you fucking dolt.
>>
>>81463951

The faceless doll was on Lift-Off (not Blast Off)
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-04-21h17m05s129.png (830 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-04-21h17m05s129.png
830 KB, 853x480
>>81463485
>ATHF freaked me out a bit with Frylock because I thought he was some sort of demon.

No, but he was a monster.
>>
Celebrity deathmatch kinda creeped me out. Especially that one where the mud wrestler was a terminator.
>>
I remember I would want to watch Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim as an eight year old but I had to sit through those freaky promos that scared the shit out of me
>>
>>81459065
This thread makes me feel really old and I'm only 25.
>>
>>81464354
psht makes you feel old? shit this was what i thought of as a show that freaked me out when i was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K7oe0-lmck
No but seriously the boogeyman was fucking scary in that show.
>>
>>81464444
my old nigga. with quints.
>>
>>81463844
I thought everybody read that in school?
>>
>>81463674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPhvqP-eWWM
I think anon is talking about this one
>>
>>81461307
>>81463644
You guys don't live in the South do you
>>
>>81459065
Adult Swim in general was weird to me.
The swimming pool bumpers.
The Artsy japan bumpers.
The silent text on the screen saying whatever.
Not to mention all the shows were just totally different to what I was acclimated to from Cartoon Network.

It was like when you're in another country, watching their television, and you have no idea what is going on.

The effect was even more powerful since I hadn't really had cable tv up until that point, and was incredibly naive about everything.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.