[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TDKR Universe! Thought? Opinions? Things you want to see don
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: the-dark-knight-returns-cover1.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1600) Image search: [Google]
the-dark-knight-returns-cover1.jpg
144 KB, 1024x1600
TDKR Universe!
Thought? Opinions? Things you want to see done with it?

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS
viewcomic.com/batman-the-dark-knight-returns-1986/
THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS PART 1 & 2 (animated)
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-Part-1/Movie?id=8526
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-Part-2/Movie?id=8558
THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN
viewcomic.com/the-dark-knight-strikes-again-01-of-03-2001-2/
viewcomic.com/the-dark-knight-strikes-again-02-of-03-2001/
viewcomic.com/the-dark-knight-strikes-again-03-of-03-2001/
DARK KNIGHT 3 - THE MASTER RACE (still ongoing)
viewcomic.com/dark-knight-iii-the-master-race-001-2016/
viewcomic.com/dark-knight-iii-the-master-race-002-2016/
viewcomic.com/dark-knight-iii-the-master-race-003-2016/
>>
>>81442312
I just want Lee to actually draw the ASBAR sequel instead of saying he'll do it
>>
I feel like the animated films should have left in Superman's monologue while fighting the Russian's it added sympathetic-ness to him as its clear he has sacrificed his free will for the sake of his friends not being hunted down.
>>
>>81442312
Batman is too edgy and has no reason for it. At least BvS Batman had a legitimate reason to be edgy (no best friend Superman)
>>
>>81442390
He's crazy
Millerverse Batman loves violence and the suffering of wrongdoers
>>
>>81442390
I fucking despise the notion of edgy and the people that use it so fucking much!
Ultimatum is edgy, Nemesis is edgy, NOTHING in TDKR is fucking edgy!
>>
>>81442644
The part that I hated the most was Batman throwing a batarang into Joker's eye. That was one of the moments that I still remember from reading that comic despite not having read it in a long time. How is that not edgy?
>>
>>81442704
He murdered 200 or so people within the events of the comic alone and just handed out poisoned cotton candy to children. He lost the right to see more victims!
>>
>>81442312
I've thought ASBAR is part of the same universe too. Is it? What happens with Dick in that book is fucked up, and I thought at least it explains why he turned out the way he did in TDKSA.

I'm not a fan of Batman so I've read this stuff only because they're iconic comics. But they weren't my favorite stories or anything, and I don't have much to say about them.
>>
>>81442756
Just because he deserves it doesn't mean Batman isn't being edgy. Loads of comic villains do worse things, but they don't get that kind of treatment. If Batman doesn't care about blinding people why doesn't he just completely blind all criminals?
>>
>>81442876
Because it wasn't a choice he sat down and thought about it was a split second decision he made in the middle of a blood bath.
>>
>>81442838
Yes it is

Year One, Holy Terror, ASBAR, TDKR, TDKSA, and DKIII
>>
All Star is the Miller thing I dislike the most, and 3 is something I will probably never bother to read.

However

Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again are two of the most influential and dynamic mainstream comics to ever exist.

They both ooze perfection, a level of craftsmanship you rarely see from the companies that produced them.
>>
>>81443311
>dark knight strikes again oozes perfection

TDKR is critically acclaimed and a cohesive, quality piece of work

TDKSA is such a mish mash of poorly thought out ideas
>>
File: dark-knight-strikes-again-art.jpg (915 KB, 1269x669) Image search: [Google]
dark-knight-strikes-again-art.jpg
915 KB, 1269x669
Nothing comes close to the original mini.

just
what the shit was this?
>>
>>81443311
>Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again are two of the most influential and dynamic mainstream comics to ever exist.
>and Strikes Again
>>
File: FrankMiller_Holy_Terror_068.jpg (433 KB, 1768x1338) Image search: [Google]
FrankMiller_Holy_Terror_068.jpg
433 KB, 1768x1338
Strikes again was like watching some amazing rock band do a reunion tour when they're 70 years old. Plus addition fun of 9-11 PTSD. Though not as much PTSD as Holy Terror, still kinda messy.
>>
File: Dark Knight-Zone-008.jpg (643 KB, 1280x1968) Image search: [Google]
Dark Knight-Zone-008.jpg
643 KB, 1280x1968
>>81443970
The best post Silver Age, Silver Age ass comic of them all.

>>81444000
The coloring and gives no shit pop nature of Strikes Again has had a massive forward moving effect on comics.
>>
>>81443970
None of those panels look bad outside there coloring thi
>>
>>81444154
Lex looked like a gorilla
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-04-14-34-47.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-04-14-34-47.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Mmmm Catgirl ass
>>
>>81442704
That worked within DKR because it was the final showdown with the stakes being raised.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.