[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name me one comic half as good as Seven Soldiers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (2 MB, 1264x977) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1264x977
Name me one comic half as good as Seven Soldiers
>>
kill yourself tripfag
>>
>>81435739
Morrison's SS is truly one of the most underrated comics of all time. It's so fucking good.
>>
>>81435739
3.5 Soldiers.
>>
File: file.png (276 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
file.png
276 KB, 400x400
>>81435876
Son of a bitch.
>>
File: 1459755498885.png (140 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
1459755498885.png
140 KB, 1125x681
>>81435739

It's not even morrison's best
>>
>>81435739
I haven't read it. I considered it when I was reading Hellblazer, Sandman and Swamp Thing, because it has a lot of DC Horror characters.

But the inclusion of the Bulleteer, Guardian and a new Mister Miracle kind of weirds me out. I'm not really sure if it's the same kind of book as those other titles, what's so good about it?
>>
>>81438523
It's seven independent stories that intersect but never merge, all spiraling around a central story. Each character contributes to the endgame, but they never meet.

It goes deep into the lore of the DCU, sets up Final Crisis, and reinterpets pretty much every titular character (other than Zatanna) into better versions of their former selves, Frankenstein being the greatest among them.

Just fucking read it, it's honestly the best thing Morrison ever did.
It also has some of the greatest art ever put out by DC.
>>
>>81436963
it is
>>
>>81435739
Three and a Half Privates?
>>
I know what I'm reading this week then
>>
>>81439212
While it's my favorite Morrison work and probably my favorite superhero story, not all of his reinterpretations are successful. Mr. Miracle and the New Gods revamp are so far removed from classic Fourth World stuff that they might as well be new creations, they also greatly restrict the scope of the Fourth World. Bulleteer flat out does not work in a continuing story context, much less in a superhero one.
>>
>>81441784
I can see what you're saying, but the idea of the New Gods reduced to mortals is good, though it wouldn't be the best for a long-term status quo.

I don't know what doesn't work about Bulleteer for you, though. Like most Morrison characters, she didn't get used much after SSoV (a few scenes in 52, a cameo here and there, and that's it, I think), but if they tried, I'm sure they could use her in the future. Sure, her story, the prophecy of Aurakles' spear is fulfilled, but there's a ton of characters operating today that had prophecies fulfilled or debunked in the past, and worse origin stories as well.
>>
>>81441784
Bulleteer ends with her quitting no shit it doesnt work as a continuing story.

Also Mr Miracle was total fucking ass. The fact 7s is still god tier evrn with it is a testemant to how good it all is
>>
>>81441898
She hates superheroics, hates how getting superpowers destroyed her life, and her story ends with her basically going, "fuck this, I'm out."
>>
>>81442020
>Mr. Miracle was total fucking ass
No
>>
>>81442021
And you can build an arc out of that. Because of 52 we know her quitting didn't stick.

What I'm saying is, if someone wanted to continue writing her, there's no reason she couldn't work. But having her story be self-contained to SSoV is great too.
>>
>>81435739
3 and 1/2 soldiers by Gra Morr
>>
>>81442050
dude it was. Its just a bad comic full of aimless nonsese that is uplifted because of new gods connection
>>
>>81442091
52 was a mistake because grant is a drunken scott who doesnt read emails
>>
>>81442240
Also, the art is shit. Shame Pascual Ferry couldn't stick around.
>>
>>81442021
>Bulleteer gets a job teaching Super powered kids
Ta-dah I just fixed her life.
>>
>>81442266
They should have contacted him through Chaos Magicks, duh.

>>81442267
This I'll give. The art team performed admirably, but as always one guy had to fuck up.
>>
>>81442406
>contact through chaos magick
So masturbate to a sigil then.
>>
>>81439212
This. It's great.

I love the structure of it so much.

It's also super deep and layered, so that you might read it once and think you understood it, but then the more you re-read it, the more you catch little bits and pieces that went over your head before, like a lot of Morrison works.

Honestly it comes off as more like a well-written urban fantasy novel that just happened to be a comic book, if that makes any sense. No, I'm not putting down comic books, I'm saying that I personally felt like it was super literary.
>>
>>81442240
>>81442267
Absolutely shit taste
>you are smaller than a grain of sand
>and evil is a mountain
>>
>>81442434
>Honestly it comes off as more like a well-written urban fantasy novel that just happened to be a comic book
And happened to take place in a superhero universe, my bad.
>>
>>81442477
What? Are you seriously going to defend the art? The fucking ART?
>>
I want to do lewd things to Sir Ystin.
>>
>>81442321
All two or three of them that existed at the time?
>>
File: StoppedReading.jpg (13 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
StoppedReading.jpg
13 KB, 250x272
>>81435739
>Reading first issue
>Kills off original Vigilante in first few pages
>>
>>81442957
Yeah why not? It's not like we can put them in public school. Bulleteer has experience not only working with kids but kids with special needs and whose needs are more special than Kids with Super powers?
>>
>>81443184
>wanting a generation of superpowered individuals raised with no socialization among non-powered, non-cape individuals

Do you want modern X-Men, because that's how you get modern X-Men.
>>
>>81443369
So instead we let their needs go unmet?
>>
>>81443488
That depends, to their needs require a supertough, superstrong, flying special ed teacher specialized in autism?
>>
>>81443369
No Marvel editorial is how we get modern X-men.
>>
>>81443545
Very probable that they would.
>>
>>81443545
Really, how can we not come back to rhis character? I would love to read about Miss Bulleteer as she tries her best to have a normal field trip and not run into any supervillains.
>>
>>81443545
Would have helped Damian
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.