[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the new hip version of Spidey like Marvel expects it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 4978072-spidey2015002_dc21-0.jpg (3 MB, 2228x3382) Image search: [Google]
4978072-spidey2015002_dc21-0.jpg
3 MB, 2228x3382
Is this the new hip version of Spidey like Marvel expects it to be?

is it the new ultimate?
>>
havent read anything from it yet, is this basically a book for people who want a more classic take on Spidey instead of Slott shenanigans?
>>
>>81425331
it's a lot better than most of the Slott stuff and gives you a little more of the old slice of life pete.
>>
>>81425581
Pretty much. It's for people who want teen spidey, and it's pseudo-non-canon.
>>
How are the sales on it?
>>
>>81425792
not sure, but there wasn't an issue 4 in march.
>>
>>81425792

Suffering from Spider-Saturation.
>>
>>81425792
#1-65,503
#2-33,585
#3-28,161
skipping a march won't help the sales department.
>>
>>81425756
I really enjoy it. I wish Marvel and DC both made more books that bypassed continuity and just told straight ahead stories. Preferably one-shots.
>>
>>81426706
DC has been less focused o continuity since the new 52, which leads me to believe you don't read DC.
>>
The art is great and I enjoy its return to single issues stories with acknowledgement of what happened prior. It's refreshing to having a comic that isn't a six issue arc. While the millennial hashtag hipness is annoying, Im willing to overlook it.
>>
>>81425792
Pretty mediocre for a Spider man title, but that's to be expected when there's like 10+ Spiderbooks coming out a month and they didn't hype it up very much.
>>
>>81426025
Way too much spider-saturation. For a while, my LCS was adding an insane amount of spider-books to my pull because I had Amazing on my list I've whittled it down to Spidey, Spider-Gwen, and Carnage.
>>
>>81426747
Right now, I only read Batman and Batgirl, but I'm gonna try to jump in on a few more when Rebirth starts.
>>
This is the best Spider book being published imo. It makes continuityfags assblasted though.
>>
>>81426151
damn, I wish it was doing better. Seems like the perfect book for trade waiting and to get away from slott shenanigans
>>
>>81425756
>teen spidey
I thought people were tired about that. Personally I'm tired of seeing Peter make mistakes and fuck up, but it's way more justifiable early in his career.

>>81425331
Oliver Coipel is fucking great. And those colors too, damn!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.