[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we get a proper live action Doctor Doom in our lifetime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: dr doom.jpg (176 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dr doom.jpg
176 KB, 500x500
Will we get a proper live action Doctor Doom in our lifetime?

What story line of his would you like to see? Or perhaps something new? How should he be done? Who would you cast?
>>
Probably not. I want it but Fox ruined him.
>>
>>81421989
Just show him and the FF as having existing for years. Skip all that origin shit, just get straight to his latest scheme to destroy the family of that accursed RICHAAARDDDSSS. Fully formed genius super dictator, no computer hacker or living metal electrical powers horseshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 600x934) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 600x934
When marvel gets him back this is what I want
>>
Make a Doom movie with the FF origin as a background plot.
>>
Idk why but I always thought that Doom would be the perfect villain for something like the silence of the Limbs. It would go like
>Doom is in prison yes doom fag he is, deal with that
>We never fully see him, a lot of shadowy effects to prevent that, but we see that he's without his armor
>He did something really fucked up
>Somebody is trying to get some kind of information from him
>he's insulted that they send some random faggot and demand that he'll only speak to RICHAAAAARRRRRDDDDSSSS
>Richards shows up and they have that relationship that we know from the comics
>we get some flashbacks trough the movie while we follow them having some kind of moral debate through the movie
>something something it was all a setup
>le master evil plan to conquer the world or whatever
>Doom was never powerless, he reveals that he captured Richard's daughter/son/mother/wife
>he breaks outta jail and go finish his plan
>heroes unite and defeat him
>Fin
>>
Nailing Doom on cinema is hard. Not imposible, but extremely hard.
First, as >>81422978 said, no origin stories, show us is technical prowess and genius, and have lines about his magical powers, without having them be exposition.
Then, comes his personality. He may not be the smartest person on earth, the most capable leader or most sane guy, but he truly and throughly believes he is. His pride makes him a god to his own eyes, maybe even more.
On to the story, I would introduce him alongside the Fantastic Four on the MCU around the time of Dr Strange, or Black Panther. The FF and Doom come from a different universe, the regular 616 from the comics, and are stuck here on their new reality. Since they don't exist in this universe, there's no info about them, Reed has to introduce themselves to the Avengers, get a new Baxter building, and discuss science with Banner, Stark and Pym.
Meanwhile, Doom easily takes over Latveria, wich here his just a poor european country, and seeing this world is just as flawed as the last one (with all the shit going down in both the Avengers films, Winter Soldier and Civil War), he sets on global domination, to unify the world by his command.
>>
>>81423005
> we get a doom movie, it's book of doom and then triumph and torment
>>
>>81421989
he'll just be a bumbling quipper that gets killed off like the rest of them who isn't Loki
>>
File: inception-saito.jpg (34 KB, 831x482) Image search: [Google]
inception-saito.jpg
34 KB, 831x482
>>81421989
>Will we get a proper live action Doctor Doom in our lifetime?
Never Ever. Fox will continue to hold onto those rights, putting out shitty reboot after shitty reboot, just enough to secure the rights until their next one, until you are an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone.
>>
>>81421989
No, no studio has the balls to do Doom right.

>>81422978
A reboot that's not an origin story? Impossible.

>>81423025
We've had a shortage of Doomfags since the end of Secret Wars, they know better now.
>>
>>81421989
>What story line of his would you like to see?
prologue:accident
1st Act: arrival in Latveria, deposing the incompetent, petty tyrant ruler, dragging it up from the gutter by stealing resources and technology from the US and RICHARDS specifically
2nd Act: creation of the Doomlocks. Seducing Morgan le Fay so she'll teach him magic, plus a bit of obligatory 'interacting with famous historical people', in this case probably folks like Tesla, Houdini, and Aleister Crowley. stick in a Kang easter egg. Sorceror Supreme trial
Act 3: Hell, and working with Steven Strange (or a bootleg analogue if need be) to free his mother's soul from Mephisto.
Once that's done, as they're escaping, a final curse from Mephisto sends Doom tumbling uncontrollably through time. There he sees countless futures where the world is destroyed or otherwise ruined, and then a single shining beacon of hope that is utopian Doomworld. At which point Strange succeeds in rescuing Victor from the time stream.
Final scene is him returning to Doomstadt with his new purpose.

have some recurring motif about variations of the concept of things "made in (his) own image"
>>
>>81421989
But we did, years ago.

Yes I know he's supposed to be Darkseid but look at him, that's as properly Doom as we're ever going to get on screen.
>>
File: DoctorDoom.jpg (203 KB, 635x390) Image search: [Google]
DoctorDoom.jpg
203 KB, 635x390
Well, I'll just be the guy who says "Fuck you, I liked it".
>>
>>81424380
have a rule: if you show doom, it must have consequences. when he enters a scene the first thing he must do is accomplish what he came to do in a way that irrepairably damages the situation for his opponents.

also never actually clarify the extent of what he can do. if first time he's shown throwing fireballs then the next he'll be sending people to a different dimension, or something. nothing should be his "thing", everything is just methods he uses to achieve an end.

how to write a story while following these: be a good writer. also just don't show him if there's nothing for him to do.

doom's a character that commands RESPECT, like captain teach or tywin lannister. he's a threatening villain because he's human but never pauses to even think of hesitating. rather than an invulnerable punching bag that constantly shows up to fail, he's always vulnerable but entirely certain of his victory and prepared to go through everything in his way to achieve it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.