[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Grant Morrison,Mark Waid,Geoff Johnsand Brad Meltzer pitched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Superman.jpg (452 KB, 1024x1558) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
452 KB, 1024x1558
> Grant Morrison,Mark Waid,Geoff Johnsand Brad Meltzer pitched for the Superman reboot
>We got Man of Steel and BVS because Snyder sucked up to Nolan

Bravo dc
>>
I wonder what Mark Millar's "trilogy" would have been like.
He's pretty awful but his superman work is good and he seems to get the character pretty well.
>>
>>81420911
>Wanting Mark SJWaid infomercial about being vegetarian
OP is a faggot like always
>>
>>81421171
(you)
>>
>>81420911
While I would personally KILL for a Morrison Superman movie, do you think he could ever get a Studio Exec to back him?
>>
>>81421083
Wouldn't his Superman stuff being good preclude him from being terrible?
>>
>>81421083
Quite good I must say. This days he is just doing heart warming stuff like Superior, Starlight and the on going Huck (which he made in responce to MoS)
>>
>>81421635
I think he meant terrible in general. The guys body of work is mostly shit and superman is one of the small high points in it.
>>
File: milleraustin_ww.jpg (238 KB, 800x1074) Image search: [Google]
milleraustin_ww.jpg
238 KB, 800x1074
>>81420911
> Steve Gerber and Frank Miller wanted to revamp Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman in the late 80's
>>
>>81420911
>johns isn't involved

The guy is shit.
>>
>>81420911
>we could've had silver age nostalgia jerkoffs
thank you Snyder
>>
>>81420911
Give us some more details op
>>
Really, it was more like

>bunch of comics writers pitched stuff
>WB was already burned on a couple of projects by them, so was a bit cautious
>Nolan+Goyer had an idea
>idea (probably correctly) thought it could be a good movie
>initial script is made
>WB gets into their whole debacle with the Siegel family
>they NEED to get the movie into actual production by 2011
>instead of hiring a good director to do it -- someone who would potentially take a lot of pre-production time -- they look through their "git-er-done" contacts list
>call up zack snyder, since he's made some comic book shit for them before
>he jumps at the chance to do it

And the rest is history.

Once you look into it, the situation is almost sad, but certainly funny.
>>
>>81425232
Synder get off 4chan and go make your budget back
>>
>>81420911
Whenever I see secret origins I get triggered it was such trash
>>
>>81425232
meme response, senpai
>>
You're a moron if you think a Morrison Superman movie would have been anything at all like All-Star.

It would have been more like his JLA, and he probably would have drawn elements from Byrne's Superman just like the movie did.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.