[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let it loose /co/!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 30
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 239x211
Let it loose /co/!
>>
I know for a fact that OP is a faggot!
>>
CGI doesn't look good or appealing at all to me in the slightest, but I pretend to like it, so I seem more open-minded and less of a nostalgiafaggot
>>
I think you look nice today.
>>
>>81420409
When live action is finally banned from /co/, I hope CGI goes with it.

Keep /co/ 2D! Keep 2D pure! 3DPD out!
>>
Zombie versions of characters are the epitome of edgy tryhard bullshit and it's a fad I wish would go away.
>>
File: I will hate you.jpg (55 KB, 420x510) Image search: [Google]
I will hate you.jpg
55 KB, 420x510
My best friend does an amazing Joker voice and I keep on wanting to record him saying something and post it in the voice acting thread but I feel like it'd be an invasion of privacy.

I read a single issue of Tales of the Invincible Squirrel Girl and thought it was good.

I really want to believe that Suicide Squad is being re-shot to resemble Deadpool, in hopes that it means a character will end up in a full-body black-and-red outfit. It's also really awkward that Barney, Piccolo, Beast Boy and The Joker all have the same colour scheme.

I have been trying to entirely re-do the Navy Seal copypasta with Spongebob title text on-and-off for months, even if it'll be too large to post in its entirety on 4chan.

I feel like the considering events in the show proper, the lyrics "Never met a villain that they liked" are decidedly incorrect.
>>
>>81420409
I fucking hate the overused CGI. It's like Hollywood is pandering exclusively to retarded Michael Bay cucks. Abrams did it right with The Force Awakens.
>>
>>81420924
>voice acting thread
I wish we had more of those.
>>
>>81420982
This opinion is not /co/-related. Please leave.
>>
Avengers Assemble has been okay,not bad but not good either.

Most of the villains that /co/ praise for being morally grey were just evil assholes.
>>
I kinda hate how all 3d computer animated movies look. Like the art style is always the same.

I think the Incredibles was the only one that really took a step in the right direction.
>>
>>81420480
Didn't it go away already? Blackest Night seemed like the peak of that trend that started in the mid-2000s with Marvel Zombies. I don't really see the zombie stuff anymore.

The zombie wave has crested, the only remainder is the Walking Dead show.
>>
File: image.jpg (898 KB, 1091x1392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
898 KB, 1091x1392
>>81420480
I agree but it can be funny if not taken to seriously
>>
I just want a place to talk about comics ya know?like 400 chapters into one piece with no one to talk about it with, can't talk about marvel on /co/ cause people hate the company nowadays, reading Wonder Woman which I don't think it gonna have a good discussion on /co/,

usagi yojimbo is so fantastic
>>
I still watch Arrow despite acknowledging how terrible it's become because I liked season 1 and 2 a lot and I'm too attached to the characters at this point. It's like an abusive relationship.

Big Hero 6 is my favorite movie of all time. I wrote an eleven thousand word essay on how great it is and it kind of upsets me that /co/ doesn't like it that much.

I always knew about Daredevil, but I only started reading his comics because of the TV show and some recommendation videos/topics.

Ms. Marvel is still a good book outside of Kamala being cute.
>>
>>81420190
I liked Batman vs Superman (including Jesse Eisneberg as Lex Luthor)

I liked Spider-Man Requiem

I like Luigi more than Mario

I like Damian Wayne
>>
>>81420437
Give yourself a hug for me.
>>
>>81421005
Capeshit, now shut up.
>>
They fucked up Hellcat in AKA Jessica Jones and it's still pissing me off I wanted a show about broke Hellcat being incompetent godsdamnit.
>>
live action is ruining /co/ and comics in general.
>>
>>81420190
I like comics in general regardless of publisher. I like Sam Wilson as Captain America.
>>
File: noose.jpg (35 KB, 736x1302) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
35 KB, 736x1302
>>81421368
Sorry anon, you're gonna need this.
>>
I hate how we have barely have any manly or macho male characters in cartoons now and the lack of action shows as well.
>>
Lately I've been more /a/ than /co/.
>>
Rick Remender is my favorite modern writer and I'm very heartbroken that I might never read another new superhero comic from him ever again.

I absolutely fucking despise what Marvel has become and I've lost almost all interest in DC.

I wish I could put a bullet in the head of every feminist/SJW writer/artist and the people responsible for hiring them.
>>
Fuck you, I like Harper Row.
>>
>>81421297
Big Hero 6 was really nice. I felt like some characters could be developed more, and the narrative was so self-contained and personal that it didn't leave much room for sequels, but everything else was really great.

>>81421368
I think Luigi's universally accepted as the superior brother.
>>
>>81420982
>Abrams did it right with The Force Awakens.
Those tentacle monsters looked horrible. Maz Kantana looked like shit. Abrams went on about using practical effects only to have horrible horrible CGI shit.
>>
Frozen suuuuuucked,
let it go,
more like let it bloooooow,
>>
>>81420409
I think it's okay if it's done all or nothing. You can't do a traditionally-animated movie and have some bits be CGI - it looks fucking terrible. At least if it's all CGI it's passable since it's not as jarring, even if it's inferior to traditional animation.

That being said I'd gladly wait longer for traditionally animated movies, but animation studios are jumping wholesale onto the CGI wagon because it's faster and cheaper than traditional animation so that will never happen.
>>
>>81421075
>Most of the villains that /co/ praise for being morally grey were just evil assholes.
Agreed. And man do I hate "X did nothing wrong" threads.
>>
>>81421553
>Rick Remender is my favorite modern writer and I'm very heartbroken that I might never read another new superhero comic from him ever again.

Whoa, why? Did he retire?
>>
I haven't read a comic or watched a cartoon in over 5 years
>>
Everything feels like a distraction

I want to stop wasting my life and finally grow out of this silly internet thing
>>
Christopher Yost is a much better cartoon writer than comic book writer.
>>
>>81421716
Are you not aware that non-superhero comics exist?
>>
Also, Valiant on their worse day is still miles ahead of DC and Marvel.
>>
Every caped movie is just generic forgettable action blockbuster worth a Friday night out only.
>>
ITT: Common opinions.
>>
>Man of Steel was incredible and everything I ever wanted from a Superman reboot (minus the execution of the tornado scene and the lack of addressing the destruction)
>>
>>81421716
No he didn't retire. He's just writing his Image books now, none of which are cape comics.
>>
I just want ever new movie, regardless of company they're made by, to bomb spectacularly, because that's the only chance that these goddamn moviefags will stop shitting up the board.
>>
>>81421716
Personally, I want him to write a Valiant book. He might do a good X-O Manowar run now that Venditti's is finishing up.
>>
I haven't enjoyed any Spider-Man comics since OMD except USM which went to shit after Miles first arc. I've read all of ASM and the only runs I enjoyed were Lee, Stern and JMS.

House Style always looks ugly, boring and static.

Digital is better than physical copies because of clutter
>>
it bugs me when people say "project" when they obviously just mean "assume"
>>
>>81420190
I love stop motion animation. It's probably my favourite form of animation, and I feel it doesn't get enough love.

My favourite has and always will be Captain Marvel/Billy Batson.

I watch AoS with my gf. We even ship FitzSimmons. I don't think it helps that I'm Scottish and she's English.

Alan Moore's Lost Girls is the reason to how I lost my virginity.

I will never watch Steven Universe. Doesn't seem appealing to me.

My favourite comic run is Johns' JSA.

I love Jack Kirby's works, but his male faces have always been off-putting and his storytelling was definitely hamfisted.

Bendis was good, his Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man are examples of this. He's shite now though.

I've had roleplay sex.
>>
It. Get it off your chest now.
>>
>>81420190
I am still a little bummed that Blacksad beat out Beautiful Darkness for an Eisner. I mean the Eisner's don't matter that much but still it was a bummer to hear.

As much as I don't like what I am seeing of the new PPG I do like the new VA's even if it will take a lot of getting used to.

I am super excited for Snot Girl but i haven't heard anything about it for a while and I am super bummed. Same with the Absolute Editions of Proof

I am having a really hard time deciding what comics to bring with me to the Toronto Comics Arts Festival to get signed.

I have been moving and haven't story timed in like a week and I feel super shitty.

I really wish there were more /co/mrades in Omaha it's shocking given our comic shop density.
>>
File: Testify_in_church.gif (229 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Testify_in_church.gif
229 KB, 250x188
>>81422023
>House Style always looks ugly, boring and static.
>Digital is better than physical copies because of clutter
Thank God they've moved far away from house style, though too many new artists with cool styles can't draw action for shit.
>>
>>81422080
>I've had roleplay sex.

Online or in real life?
>>
>>81422277
Real life, pal. With my gf.
>>
>>81422330
Whatcha do?

Also elaborate on Lost Girls story.
>>
I've been having a major depressive episode for several months now and haven't felt true happiness since. I'm ruining my life because of this episode and there's nothing I can do about it. I haven't eaten anything substantial today. My family thinks I'm doing great. I'm so lonely.
>>
>>81422409
Hey Anon I know we have never met and I don't want to act like an expert on what you are going through because I couldn't possibly know. What I do know is that talking to someone can sometimes make all the difference in the world. It's silly to say but I really don't like seeing nice young men or women like you feeling like they have no one to turn to. So you don't have to respond or any thing but I want you to know that if you ever need to talk about things my ears are open. I'm gonna leave my email and skype but if you prefer discord or KiK I have those too. If you ever need someone to talk to please don't hesitate to reach out anon.

Email: [email protected]
>>
>>81422642

Primus dammit Dan, why don't you ever get angry? Its not natural.
>>
File: cartoons.png (652 KB, 1370x1080) Image search: [Google]
cartoons.png
652 KB, 1370x1080
Anytime I see you fuckers call Damian Wayne "Damien" I want to slap your shit and I don't even care much for the character.
Damian with an "a" not "e"
>>
>>81422695
Why would I get mad at that anon? Also enough if topicing for this thread, sorry everyone
>>
>>81421569
>I think Luigi's universally accepted as the superior brother.
this, it's basically "cool" now to like luigi more than mario But everyone knows Wario is best jumpman
>>
>>81422787
I immediately dismiss their opinion
Like it's quite literally spelled out in front of you in comics, get it together
>>
>>81420190
Fan4stic is a giant pile of worthless garbage!

Fantastic Four (2005) and Silver Surfer are my guilty pleasures though.
>>
File: Yonny the Yanitor.png (61 KB, 237x287) Image search: [Google]
Yonny the Yanitor.png
61 KB, 237x287
>>81422695
Boco this isn;t a secret but I, along with everyone, hate your fucking guts.
You smell.
You're ugly.
You are a waste.
You're punk-ass, pussy ass, bitch ass, hook ass looking nigga.
If I ever saw your stupid ass in public I would look in your general direction to make you think I was going to talk to you only to walk past you while keeping distance stare leaving you a confused mess and myself enjoying any little hope you had crushed thinking someone would want to interact with you.
>>
I am so fucking SICK of Mark Hamill's Joker voice. It's been tainted by the garbage writing in the Arkham games and everything else that made the Arkham games the pinnacle of horrible shitty casual fan fodder. And now I can't stand it!
>>
>>81422357
Okay, I'll start with the roleplay sex one.
>me and gf went to an acting class as a hobby, she ended up doing some community theater shows just as a small job whilst I did my own job.
>She wanted to brush up on accents a little more. Ended up watching me play Arkham City in my spare time.
>Got to a part with Talia and she was speaking in an Arabic accent. My girlfriend wanted to try out acting as Talia.
>So I got some material from my collection and we both read out parts together. I spoke in an American accent to help her get into character more. I was Batman whilst she was Talia.
>Her Arabic accent was pretty hot.
>She got attracted to my American accent.
>Then she just said out of the blue that she wants to try roleplay sex. She suggested I could be Bats whilst she still Talia.
>I had a Batman costume from Halloween
>She put on tight leather leggings, a crop top and a leather jacket that bared her midriff. Looked like the spitting image of Talia.
>Clothes ended up shedding, we ended up starting slow.
>"Hold me, beloved," spoke the Arabic accent, her breath hitching.
>I ended up going faster, she clawed at my back.
>I was approaching my release and when it came I shouted, "DEAD PARENTS!".
I'm not even kidding about the last part. I can tell the other one if you like.
>>
I like DiMaggio Joker more than Hamill Joker.
>>
>>81423004

Cool.
>>
I like Hot Diggedy Demon. From Wacky Game Jokes for Kids all the way to his MLP vids to the FNAF cartoon to his most recent Undertale one.

Fuck you guys.
>>
>>81423191
Get fucked you stupid ass faggot, quit ruining a great Chocobo's name.
>>
>>81423191
Yep.

But the thing is, nobody has to hate you. You know very well how to get people to stop hating you.

You simply stop posting off-topic content. You simply stop posting with a name and a trip. That's it, and then everyone will stop hating you whenever they see your posts.

But you'll never do that, will you? I guess you like being hated because you like the attention too much.

Oh well.
>>
>>81423263
>>81423290
Yet no one gives the other Trip fag in the thread any shit.
>>
>>81423422
All I see are one trip and one name..
>>
>>81423422
Lurk more. Learn what namefriends are, newbie.

Besides, Fatgirlish and Dan Dashy storytime obscure comics and have other uses.

There is no good use for that shitstain Boco.
>>
>>81423454
I see two names and one trip.

>>81423422
Nice try, Boco.
>>
I miss /co/ from before the MLPocalypse, before we had company wars threads, comic book movie threads and generals for shows that air 8 episodes per seasons yet somehow manage to gather 585 replies in 5 minutes.

The only reason I'm still on /co/ is because I'm too depressed to leave, to be honest.
>>
I was in the middle of trying to cut back on my 4chan usage when I broke my foot. Now I sit in my dorm room glued to my computer all day because I'm depressed and have nothing better to do.

It's made worse that my favorite cartoon, Wander Over Yonder, is getting canned.

The other board I frequent, /lit/, feels like it gets shittier with each passing day.

The one nice thing I was enjoying was the Weekend Hunger Games, but the mods just had to go and delete them, the asswipes.
>>
>>81423566
Hunger Games aren't comics, aren't cartoons, and aren't deleted.

They're on /trash/, where they belong.
>>
I really liked the Watchmen movie.

I mean sure, the action scenes were cool, but they kinda were in the comic too. The premise wouldn't even work without them being 'peak human' anyway.

The vagina alien was dumb anyway.
>>
>>81423554
Do you need to talk about it anon? If you are depressed I am here for you.
>>
>>81423566
So yo you anon, if you need to talk to someone feel free.
>>
>>81423616
>The vagina alien was dumb anyway

Anon please.
I mean yeah it didn't have to be a vagina but Ozy still needed something big, scary and "out there" for his plan.
>>
>>81423603
Oh, please. They're as /co/-relevant as anything else on this board. They're restricted to one thread, and only on weekends. Moderation just has some weird hatred towards them
>>
>>81423679
Same for you rather. Not sure what happened at the start there. Guess I got brain damage!
>>
File: brainproblems.png (22 KB, 623x371) Image search: [Google]
brainproblems.png
22 KB, 623x371
>>81423744
have this
>>
>>81421557
_____same_____
>>
>>81423789
Thanks! It's too true sometimes. And thanks for reminding me to go check Nedroid!
>>
File: hot opinions.png (553 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
hot opinions.png
553 KB, 555x644
Everyone on this board is objectively wrong with their opinions except for me.
>>
>>81423729
Other threads on the board are about comics and cartoons.

Mods hate Hunger Games threads because they aren't comics or cartoons.

Now, I told you where they are, so why are you still here?

Or did you already know where they are, and you were just a dishonest piece of shit the whole time?
>>
>>81423156
not gonna lie
>"DEAD PARENTS!".

fucking top kek
>>
YJ Lex > DCAU Lex
>>
i hate comics
i think they lost all meaning and are just trying to sell the movie and movie merchandise now

and the only writers left are agenda pushers willing to do what their producers say
>>
>>81423871
>Mods hate Hunger Games threads because they aren't comics or cartoons.
And yet live action threads are perfectly fine? And threads that are obviously bait or go wildly off-topic?
>>
>>81423962
I think that that is a bit unfair. I can 100% see why you would think that but it is a bit unfair to all the people that work really hard on their comics without any ulterior motive. I could list a lot of example of hard working writers and artists that deeply love and want to be creating comics. I'd be happy to suggest some books to you anon, I would hate for you to swear off of comics forever
>>
File: 1443883958536.gif (896 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1443883958536.gif
896 KB, 500x281
>>81420190
FUCK YOU MODS FOR DELETING ALL CHICK TRACT THREADS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>81423971
>And yet live action threads are perfectly fine?
You're asking me?

I agree that live action doesn't belong here, so I don't post in any live action threads.

But you? You're a fucking baby. You see live action threads and think to yourself "Oh, if they can go off-topic, then so can I and SO I MUST!"

No, fuck you. Two wrongs don't make a right. Seeing someone else go off-topic isn't giving you permission to go off-topic as well.

Fuck off back to /trash/ and stay there.
>>
>>81423566
>>81423603
>>81423729

/co/ moderation sucks
>>
File: 1457798208242.jpg (39 KB, 681x701) Image search: [Google]
1457798208242.jpg
39 KB, 681x701
Toonami and RWBY shouldn't be on /co/
>inb4 RWBY is western
No. I don't care. Fuck off with this deviantart tier fake anime mmd reject bullshit.
>>
File: ron.png (83 KB, 297x276) Image search: [Google]
ron.png
83 KB, 297x276
>>81424107
>DELETING ALL CHICK TRACT THREADS
WHAT?
I thought /co/ had their laughs and moved on from the insanity.
>>
File: 1445618293522.jpg (291 KB, 1000x1124) Image search: [Google]
1445618293522.jpg
291 KB, 1000x1124
>>81423962
People who say "comics" but only mean "Marvel and DC" should be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Into /tv/.
>>
>>81424179

/a/ doesn't want Toonami.
>>
>>81424228
>had their laughs
>implying Chick Tracts aren't still made to this day
>>
>>81424284
>still doing it
Wow, you really love it when people hate you, don't you?

Would you really be so unhappy living in a world where people don't hate you anymore?
>>
>>81424179
We have Toonami because /a/ didn't want it and /a/ always get things their way.
>>
File: 1441338227612.png (115 KB, 326x226) Image search: [Google]
1441338227612.png
115 KB, 326x226
>>81424284
Can you blame them?
Dbz Kai, Samurai Champloo, and Dimension W are the only good shows left.
>>
>>81423641
No thanks, talking about depression on 4chan is a sure path to suicide.
>>
>>81424177
>Damian shitposter claims to be 11
>no underage ban

>all those rebirth threads that maxed out during Wondercon before sticky

>being spammed by threads of BvS every time the RT % goes down by 1

Why do they hate us
>>
I cant. Last time I said what I thought I got banned for badmouthing one of the big two publishers. But apparently being incredibly racist is okay because I've never gotten banned for intentional shitposting. Apparently mods are huge Marvel fan boys.
>>
>>81424341

Eh, its not that. Its just that /a/ hates shows that are popular and brings in a bunch of new people. They're kinda paranoid about it. Hatred of newfags.
>>
>>81424356
I listed my email and skype over here.
>>81422642
>>
>>81424411
Until the Samurai Jack reboot comes out (please don't fuck this up, CN) Toonami should go somewhere else
>>
>>81424492
Sorry anon but the only way to change this is for you to become a Janitor and do it yourself, the stance of Toonami being here was made by the higher ups.
>>
for my money geoff johns is consistently the most entertaining comics writer on a month to month basis
>>
>>81424104
>>81424253
you are correct, labeling comics together with DC mahavel was bad wording on my part

what publishers would you recommend as long as it isn't IDW
IDW is trash tier selling whatever cartoon licensing them. and letting whatever artist and writer who is friends with a buttmunch inside corporate
>>
>>81424571
>idw is trash tier
but they have two really good comics right now in the form of transformers v gi joe and street fighter x gi joe
>>
>>81420982
>Abrams did it right with The Force Awakens.
He really didn't.
>>
>>81424571
Image and Dark Horse for comics with punches, lasers, bullets and swords.

Fantagraphics and Drawn & Quarterly for comics about drama and slices of life.
>>
>>81424610

And TMNT.
>>
>>81424656
drawn and quarterly just published brian chippendale's puke force this year. some of the best and funniest comics i've read imo
>>
I like crossovers.
The ones between characters from different properties, not the soulless cashgrabs Marvel keeps forcing down our throats.
>>
>>81424690
desu i don't care for tmnt a whole lot as a franchise so i never looked at the book

call me when nick pitarra draws it
>>
File: pitarra tmnt.jpg (156 KB, 1024x422) Image search: [Google]
pitarra tmnt.jpg
156 KB, 1024x422
>>81424737
>>
>>81424690
Don't pretend that you give a shit about quality. You would eat raw garbage if it had a TMNT label stamped on it.
>>
>>81424840

I hated Next Mutation, so... yeah.
>>
>>81424656
This. Plus Boom and Oni have some gems in their catalogue.
>>
>>81420190
Ed Edd N Eddy was always bad.

Bojack Horseman is pretentious and really unfunny.

Adventure Time fans have been Stockholm Syndrome'd into liking the later seasons. Everything has been shit for so long that when they see something slightly less shitty than usual they praise it.
>>
>>81424571
Since other folks have mentioned other ones I will add Fantagraphics, conundrum press and first second into the mix!
>>
>>81424840
>>81424861

Oh, and that Casey and April mini wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. What a steaming pile.
>>
I extremely hate steven universe and star vs, both way before I knew what /co/ had to say about it.

It's a shame fans can't handle the bullshit it gets on here and retorts with "can't think for yourself huh?"

That's the most pretentious bullshit.
>if you could think for yourself, you'd like it!
this fucking hurts
>>
I don't read comics nor do i watch cartoons
I just come here for the shitposting, it's not even good shitposting, it's mediocre compared to some other boards but i just can't stop coming back here
>>
File: Comic Book Sampler.jpg (715 KB, 1946x1660) Image search: [Google]
Comic Book Sampler.jpg
715 KB, 1946x1660
>>81425291
It's never too late to start.
>>
>>81425291
Anon what kinda stuff do you like? I'd love to help you find a comic!
>>
File: 2TKpxda.png (165 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2TKpxda.png
165 KB, 500x375
I feel that /co/'s hate boner for anything remotely "edgy" is a bit extreme.
>>
>>81425351
>>81425674
Don't take this the wrong way, but i'm not really interested in comics at all
>>
>>81425777
Then leave, please.
>>
>>81425777
Not a problem! If you change your mind u hope you'll come find me so I can help!
>>
I know a lot about comics but I've never read a whole story, a few comics here and there but not the whole thing. I just looked things up on wiki
>>
>>81425205

If you get any sort of backlash, it's because you think 'I hate it' is somehow contributing something meaningful.
>>
>>81425879
How are you gonna make me? By getting singles?
>>
I feel like I could be a good writer, but only for adapting shit. Like I think I could adapt a book to a comic or a comic to a movie, because I can work on someone else's ideas and tweak them. So essentially I am uncreative
>>
>>81425944
You might know a lot about Marvel and DC, but I suspect that you know very little about comics as a whole.

Please don't tell people that you know a lot about comics.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 480x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 480x330
I used to create my own opposite antagonist OC for superheroes when I was younger like for example Speed bump vs Flash, landman vs aqua man, General Nazi vs Captin America, Rust-man vs Iron man etc
>>
The only capeshit that even appeals to me anymore is Captain America and Batman, and even then, only a select few stories of either stand out as excellent. Everything else (including Cap and B'man) is just eye-rollingly cheesy. It's either--
>of COURSE he isn't in any sort of danger/of COURSE she'll save the school bus from the meteor
--or the opposite end of the spectrum, which is equally cringeworthy--
>LO, I WASN'T ABLE TO SAVE MY PSYCHIC GIRLFRIEND FROM DOCTOR FIREBALL, AND NOW SHE'S TRAPPED IN A SPACE PRISM FOR A THOUSAND YEARS! NOOOOOOOO
Wrapping things in spandex seems to make it a bit ridiculous for me. Maybe I'm just a jaded fuck, but that's how I feel.
>>
>>81426274
>Silver Age comics writer pls go
Nah, that's fun tho.
>>
>>81420190

I prefer Marvel movies to DC but I guarantee Marvel movies will age like milk and the teenagers in 10 years will think the MCU is shit
>>
>>81421368
>I like Luigi more than Mario

Who doesn't? Even in older games Luigi had the superior jump
>>
>>81423709

So he used a thing that will be scientifically proven to be terrestrial and will need to be topped to keep the lie going so it's not just seen as a freak event? the squid was always fucking shit
>>
>>81420190
I really liked BvS and thought it was a veru good but flawed movie that took some thought provoking looks at super heroes
>>
>>81427133
Read The Watchmen. It's better than BvS as far as deconstructing superheroes is concerned.
>>
File: latest.gif (703 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
latest.gif
703 KB, 500x281
Teen Titans Go! > Teen Titans
>>
>>81427261
>deconstructing
re-examining.
a deconstruction strives to show all possible interpretations
>>
>>81427261
>read the watchmen
Are there people on /co/ who haven't? One piece of media doesnt affect how I view another and I still like the imagery and the examination of Superman as a god like figure done in BvS
>>
We need a recommended comics sticky. I feel this board is full of wiki reading niggers who think capes=comics.
>>
>>81421169
I really hate the way disney 3d animations look. The women all look like babies, with huge doe eyes, and the guys all have the same suave look unless they're a villian or comic relief. I hate that disney makes so much money, but their films aren't bad. I just hate how safe they play it, and how uninspired their character design usually feels.
>>
>>81428359
This, I'm new to comics and there is so much shit to go through. I've looked up generally recommended comics but a /co/ recommendation sticky would be a godsend.
>>
>>81428359
Hear hear. Too many good comics fall by the wayside because all of the talk is about capeshit, and how shit or not it is.
>>
>>81428359
We need people who would actually want to read comics first. Most people here just watch the live action movies and read comic panels.
>>
>>81429127
What are you into anon? I'd be happy to help!
>>
File: j7K005K.jpg (128 KB, 800x438) Image search: [Google]
j7K005K.jpg
128 KB, 800x438
I like this dude taking over Felicity's job (not that was a hard bar to surpass). He's peppy, it's cute.
>>
>>81429178
That's part of the problem, it's hard to know what you want to read when you don't know what's out there. I am a sucker for underdog stories though.
>>
>>81420190
I acknowledge the various flaws in BvS but i loved the movie nontheless!
>>
>>81420190

[spoiler I almost miss being Queen of 4chan.[/spoiler]
>>
I'm black, gay, and i'm proud
>>
I want DC and Marvel to fuse again
>>
>>81420190
I'm fucking sick of the MLAATR fags on this board and I wish they would fuck off already.
>>
>>81429488
Well, you don't need to be. There's plenty of you people out there.
>>
>>81429577
For what purpose? It's a cartoon, and they usually don't shitpost.
>>
>>81425772
That is because /co/ is full of tumblrites and edgy is a popular meme in that liberal shithole
I am a meme scientist trust me
>>
>>81429293
Hmmm maybe a story about a robot assassin that is set to blow up if his original target it is killed so he puts it in the hospital and then works as an assassin to pay medical bills, eventually getting wrapped up in some world saving shit?
>>
>>81427741
Not him... How could one (strive to) show all possible interpretations in a work of fiction? Do you have any examples?
>>
I secretly fap to Steven/Lapis porn
>>
The anon that came and storytimed Badger never came back to finish and I was really bummed out about that because I was coming to really really like Badger and I don't have a means to download it and read it myself, I wish they would come back and finish.
>>
>>81421297
>I wrote an eleven thousand word essay on how great it is
pastebin it
>>
i dont have a /co/ related waifu since it feels wrong to have more than one
>>
I signed up to tumblr because of /co/
>>
File: seals.jpg (311 KB, 680x600) Image search: [Google]
seals.jpg
311 KB, 680x600
>>81420924
This is close.
>>
>>81431633
how is it?
>>
>>81431756

This deserves to be printed on a ten-foot canvas and displayed in a modern art museum.
>>
>>81431757
It's fine if you can tolerate the toxic community and the cancerous consumerism.

I just joined so I can better follow tumblr blogs I like.
>>
>>81431990
Like porn and shit?
>>
>>81420190
I want DC to fail for everything its done since 2011
>>
>>81422080
how in the fuck did Moore's pedophilia get you laid.
>>
File: 1439798752268.jpg (55 KB, 613x587) Image search: [Google]
1439798752268.jpg
55 KB, 613x587
>>81420190
I think "The Killing Joke" is shit.
>>
Star Vs is a really ugly looking show. I don't know what is is about the art-style but something about it is majorly unappealing to me. I don't actually mind Star or Marco much (apart from Star's eyes clipping through her hair euugh) and the monsters are cool, so I guess it's all the side characters.
>>
>>81420190
new52 comics are garbage but I like that animated universe, as an elseworld.
>>
I graduated SVA close to the same years as Rebecca Sugar and I am legit insanely fucking jealous that her career sky rocketed because she was lucky enough that CartoonBrew did several articles on her cartoon drawing porn and her boyfriend carried her to greatness with connections while my career rather stagnated and the biggest accomplishment was just being a head animator at Titmouse for a small period.

It just feels so fucking unfair. It would be amazing if someone did the networking for me back when I graduated.
>>
I mostly keep my fandom of comics/animation secret because most fans I've met are a bit heavy on the cringe factor. Of course there are exceptions to this! But I keep the whole interest private or subtle.

I really enjoy Frank Miller's writing/art and will defend his Sin City books. I had an ex who was a huge SJW and claimed he was sexist trash. Yet she loved Daredevil on Netflix...

Most people take super heroes WAY too seriously.

Alan Moore's work could make amazing movies if someone who was writing/directing truly understood his emotional touches/tones.

I have high standards in what I want in a lover because of comics. Raven, Nausicaa and Death come to mind.

The recoloring for the Marvel Man reissues looks horrible.

I hated Preacher and Transmetropolitan.

The Iron Giant > Most things by Disney

I love the Tim Burton Batman movies. There is something dreamlike about them, like they could've been made in the late 1930s/early 40s. Oh yeah and Prince/Danny Elfman/Siouxsie Sioux are amazing.

I've impressed a lot of women with my comic collection... Really.
>>
I want to make this stupid fucking cartoon, and it's the only thing I want to do. I tried getting into other fields because i know how likely my chances of success are and I just get sad or bored. This damn thing is all I got. I think i can I think I can

>>81432482
Start here. Can I see some of your work, anon?
>>
File: 1452552853532.png (105 KB, 500x701) Image search: [Google]
1452552853532.png
105 KB, 500x701
I think the entire idea of using waifuism as an excuse to watch a show is dumb; only caring about a show to sustain your boner is a pretty shitty reason to care about it.
I enjoy Klasky Csupo's designs, especially on Rugrats.
As much as I enjoyed The Oblongs, I wish it got more time to shine, and people liked it for more reasons other than Suzy, despite her being great.
For the life of me, I will never understand why loli is considered attractive.
I like those stickman animations that came out years ago.
I feel like Teenage Robot could've been much better, despite the art style being just my cup of cocoa and it giving me a huge love for robots. Along with Megaman X.
I wish Newgrounds wasn't always shown as some edgy website; sure, the userbase can be tryhard as fuck, and the clickbait videos are annoying and absolutely cancerous, but there's cool shit on there even today.
I wish more people on /co/ read more or talked more about graphic novels. Bone is amazing.
I think the ending to EEnE was perfect. No spinoff or reboot is needed.
I think /a/ is one of the worst boards on 4chan, disqualifying obvious ones like /r9k/ and /b/, maybe /v/ on a bad day. I like anime, but /a/ has an even worse problem with attention span and FoTM than /co/ does. Entire threads are dominated with nothing but waifu talk.
I'm worried about John Dilworth and Genndy.
I'd love to see another cartoon based on Nintendo properties.
>>81432482
>a head animator at titmouse for a small period
That's a pretty cool job, though, anon.
Are you doing any jobs now?
>>
>>81424571
Valiant. A thousand times Valiant.
>>
>>81433218
Bone isn't a graphic novel.
>>
Fine:

I really have never give a shit about shipping in my cartoons or movies. I just don't

I'm a sadist. I like seeing characters get hurt or sick. Korra was a qt pie and my kinda character. She was confident, bold, and just the right kinda strength that made all of her capture, torture, suffering, illness scenes so much more fun to watch.
>>
I like Nick Spencer's writing and am able to enjoy it without his political shit bothering me.
>>
File: Bird Kunt.jpg (39 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Bird Kunt.jpg
39 KB, 604x453
I haven't watch Star yet purely on the basis that her character design reminds me of this spastic chick with a high pitched voice I knew from college who smelled like baby wipes and ate nothing but processed sugar.

I can't separate them mentally. I'd probably feel different if I actually watched the show, but I haven't been able to stomach that far yet.
>>
Even though they're pretty vanilla ships, Cyclonus and Tailgate, and Judy and Nick have finally got me invested in fictional relationships

I want to work on my artistic skills, but I basically work until I become frustrated which turns me off to practicing

Watching old anime, movies, and OVAs have spoiled me on animation and I can hardly enjoy western animation anymore.
>>
>>81432482
Jealously will not get you anywhere whatsoever. Instead of being petty that someone else made it further be grateful for where you're at; I've never even been to fucking art school, and here you've worked as a head animator for titmouse. Do you know how many people would love to do what you've done?

Focus on the future.
>>
>>81424179
No, Toonami fits here. Toonami has enough links to Western animation for it to be /co/-related. It's a special Western animation block that just shows action animation.

Problem with modern Toonami is, imo, it doesn't have any Western cartoons on it anymore. Old school Toonami had lots of new cartoons on it, like Samurai Jack, Justice League, Teen Titans, etc.

I miss old school Toonami. Now it's all anime, all the time.

Also /a/ has probably already seen those shows anyway, so there'd be no discussion.
>>
>>81420190
I'm going nowhere in life and I'm worried that I'm going to be a basement dweller NEET for life. I hate myself.
>>
I'm starting to feel like comics is the best medium of art to tell a story in, more so than film or literature. It's still in its infancy as an artform, and only a few have made "masterpieces". This includes manga as well.
>>
>>81434790
i might be inclined to agree, but animation brings a lot of new elements that are quite important, such as a soundtrack and voice acting.
>>
>>81420190
Batman is DEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>81434790
This is how I feel about video games, but they're still in their infant state. Even more so than comics.

I think comic books are extremely underrated as a medium though. They get an unfair rep when all they really are is just sequential art. Just another medium. That's not really an unpopular opinion here though.
>>
>>81420190
Ultimate Spidey was always average at best.
>>
Your Waifu is not real ....
>>
>>81420190
While it wasn't a good decision per se, there have been more than enough quality works released in the New 52niverse for me to be fine with the reboot.

I'm excited for Civil War 2, partially for the storytime threads, partially because I don't give a shit about Marvel heroes, so I can enjoy seeing them beat the crap out of each other.

I know /r/dccomics is a hugbox, but sometimes it's nice to just feel good about comics I like.

Geoff Johns GL run is amazing, but GL: Rebirth is still execrable.

Clowes is overrated, Ware is underrated.

While people who claim to be "comics" buffs, while only reading the big 2, are annoying, so are people who automatically discount everything from the Big 2 as "capehit trash". They still put out legitimately good work.
>>
I feel like people really DO NOT want to admit that Endtown is a furry comic, even though it very blatantly is.
>>
>>81420190
I really really like the new52 and honestly find it more enjoyable than pre52
>>
>>81436328
even furries have always been disgusted by furries

it's understandable
>>
I want the 2006-2010 /co/ back, the /co/ that made me a comicsfan and introduced me to stuff like JLI, The Ultimates, Grant Morrisons stuff and others

I really think we should have /co-tv/ or something

I wish there was a good superhero universe outside of Marvel/DC (disclaimer: I haven´t read any Valiant yet)

I don´t like Marvel anymore and hate what they have become.
>>
A Punisher show wouldn't work because all everyone wants him to do is show up, shoot shit and walk away.
>>
>>81437953
>A Punisher show wouldn't work
Yes
>because all everyone wants him to do is show up, shoot shit and walk away.
No. Discounting the Irish massacre scene in the beginning, Frank only shot a gun 20 times in Season 2.
>>
>>81436328
>>81436847
Because when people on the internet call something furry, most think that it's porn right off the bat. I know what furry used to mean but that definition is changed now many people don't want to accept that. Kinda like how people will deny that anime catgirls like Felicia from Darkstalkers is furry but claim Disney women like Peg Pete is.
>>
I really want to make a pretty savage porn comic about Kamala but I'm scared of the SJW ruining my career as an artist because she's like 16 and they would probably call me islamophobic.
>>
>>81438339
Fuck SJWs your making art not porn!
>>
>>81433323
Oh, fuck. I forgot it was just remade as a graphic novel, and that it started as a series of comic books.
Thank you for correcting me, anon.
>>
All this Zootopia hype - annoy me a bit. Also - original script could've make more astounding Disney movie and help them break a formula.
>>
The Comet is in my top 10 AT episodes.
>>
Legitimate criticism of Snyder/DCEU gets lost in shitposting.

I can't tell whether pro and anti DCEU posters are being sincere or just trolling in these threads. Especially prior to release.
>>
RWBY is legitimately good now and discussion shouldn't be confined to a single thread. Red vs Blue is still good and the new story and characters are fine.

I also like 343 Industries.
>>
BvS was more enjoyable than TFA despite being the objectively worse film

Eisenlex was better than fucking Kylo Ren
>>
I haven't found any of Love and Rockets to be enjoyable. Same goes for the works of Daniel Clowes.
>>
File: fucking furries.png (650 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
fucking furries.png
650 KB, 1600x1200
>>81436328
>>81436847
>>81438285
>it's a furry episode
>>
>>81420190
I will never be with the only person who ever loved me. I'm ready to die alone now.
>>
MLP sucks
Homestuck sucks
Undertale sucks
DC sucks
Pixar sucks (now anyway)
Furries suck
Nickelodeon sucks
Gravity falls sucks
>>
>>81432307
>Been with same girl for nearly 9 years
>Be it a snowy night near Christmas 2008
>Our last high school year
>gf's parents were out to their family friend's party
>gf didn't want to go to the party
>She invited me over instead
>Both of us are comic fans. She loved Moore's work, she read all of the popular ones like Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, etc.
>Decided to get her something we both haven't read yet
>That being, of course, Lost Girls
>Late at night, we're in her bedroom, sitting close together as we start to read
>We read a page each
>Notice that she starts squirming beside me, biting her lip and crossing her lip
>We get to the page where Dorothy is touching herself during the tornado
>gf can't hold it in anymore and she lets out a moan
>She looks away from me, embarrassed and upset by what's she did
>I ask her to look back at me
>She does so
>I tell her she doesn't need to be embarrassed
>We embrace, I place the book aside
>We end up banging
>We both lost our virginity that night
>Now we read Lost Girls together every year as a tradition
>>
I wish there was more documentation about animation in the 30s but Donald Crafton's "Before Mickey" is probably the best book we're going to get for now
>>
I like RWBY and no one can change my mind.
>>
>>81421297
>eleven thousand word essay

Post it bitch.
>>
Mystery Incorporated is a better mystery/paranormal show than Gravity Falls.
>>
>>81421721
Comics suck now, although there are some great cartoons on at the moment.

>>81421740
Fucking this

>>81425031
Also the first two. My friend said the only reason Adventure Time is not as good anymore is because it's become 2deep to actually enjoy like a normal human. He says it's like watching a cartoon for fancy aliens.

>>81427629
It is
>>
File: 087.png (287 KB, 641x355) Image search: [Google]
087.png
287 KB, 641x355
KAWAII
>>
>>81420190
I feel like sometimes people here can be a tad quick to judge something for its worst merits with little regard to what good can be said about it. That said, criticisms here are at least usually well thought out and articulated.
>>
I want to be an animator or cartoonist but I feel like I'll never be good enough.
>>
I have never read a comic that maintains a high quality enough for me to actively reread outside of a single page per comic.

I think comics are great at creating characters, but they are not good at story telling or expressing anything beyond the characters.
>>
>>81443918
These aren't unpopular opinions, anon. At least, not in 4chan.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.