[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking back on the Constantine movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: constantine.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
constantine.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
I watched constantine when it came out, and once on dvd when it hit dvd. But not since then.

At the time I was ehhhh about it. I didn't 'hate' it. But man did i not really like it. American black haired John Constantine...no thanks.

Saw it again the other week and honestly, wow I find I really fucking like it now. Wondering how other people felt about it after all this time.

for me the things i liked
>Despite being american Constantine is still an asshole which I enjoy
>he smokes all the time
>the cool occult magic shit obviously
>the effects for hell and the demons and other supernatural elements
>In particular the part with the Father Hennessy (his fucking name is hennessy) drinking himself to death.
>Rachel Weisz as the psychic cop side character (oh dat scene with her in the tub. i wanted to touch dem boobies)
>Djimon Honsou as Papa Midnite
>the scenes where he crosses over into hell
>Chas Kramer (I KNOW i cant believe it either but on rewatch i loved the character and how lebeef played him)
>Sweet sweet androgynous Tilda Swinton as Gabriel
>The devil (i'm not saying the actors name...that was just the fucking devil)

Things I didn't like
>the stupid cross shotgun that shoots dragon fire. Id much rather have him using random occult shit to deal with the posessed people instead of a catch all magic gun
>that he quits smoking at the end (NO....NO that is not constantine. he does not quit. him having fresh lungs means 'sweet i can smoke all i want now')

But seriously besides that the movie was a blast.
>>
>>81416347
Oh forgot to add on my list of negatives though its not a big thing
>they didnt name the movie John constantine: Hellblazer
>>
Satan was the best part
>>
>>81416415
You know as much as i liked his small but perfect role in the film I think i gotta put Tilda swinton as gabriel above him.
>>
>>81416347
I thought him quitting smoking was in line with the rest of the movie. In the comics, he tricks Hell into keeping him both functional and practically immortal, getting a green pass on any and all sex, drugs and rock-n-roll, while after the movie's events he's expected to fall after a single slip.
>>
>>81416745
Swinton was god-tier in this movie as Gabriel but I gotta give it to Stormare, he was so good as Lucifer.
>>
>>81416347
I would have forgiven a lot of this movie if he had only lit a cigarette at the end.
>>
>Constantine film does pretty good money wise in 2005.
>nothing else comes from it
>Constantine show is even better in a lot of ways.
>Shit ratings and cancelled after a season
>Show supernatural has been going on the entire fucking span of time since the original movie came out is similar in concept but nowhere near as cool
>still fucking going

There is no justice for John Constantine.
>>
>>81416347
It's a good movie. Great casting as well, for the most part.

It's just not a very good Hellblazer movie.
>>
>>81416347
Stormare and Swinton fucking owned this movie. Both of them were amazing casting choices and they played their role perfectly. Reeves and most of the other actors were above average as well.

Couldn't stand Labeouf though. Fucking waste of a character.
>>
I didn't watch it when it came out because I heard it sucks, but I saw the DVD a year back and was amazed by how much it didn't suck.

Underrated movie.
>>
>>81417338
the biggest problem of the Constantine show

the fucking T.V. network kept moving its time slot around
>>
>>81416347

Well fuck, just watched this again a coupla hours ago, funky timing.

As a longtime comic fan who never followed the Constantine book (i like my comics sci-fi flavored, not magical) the Constantine movie was a solid watch.

The only part of the movie I dislike is Labouf. I fucking hate that actor and everything he touches. Luckily he isn't in too many Constanine scenes and dies like the little bitch he is.

Swinton, however, is spot-on perfect.

So many Weisz boob teases. Constant down-blouse shots. She ain't got much to show but it didn't stop them from trying. Not complaining.

Best devil depiction ever.
>>
>>81416347

Say what you want about Keanu Reeves, the man has charisma. I also felt like it was visually a very well put-together film.

It's not really Constantine, but it's nonetheless an enjoyable watch.
>>
>>81416347
Loved it when it came out. Keanu got on my nerves with his always flat delivery, but it's still one of my favorite comics movies. Hands down amazing devil.
>>
Really fucking liked this film when it came out, still havent read ant Constantine material, where do i start?
>>
The cat part was pretty fuckin sweet.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.