[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It doesn't matter.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: Adsız.jpg (127 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Adsız.jpg
127 KB, 1366x768
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>81412099
So MAKE it matter.
Sheesh, what a mincy little faggot.
>>
>>81412163
You don't get it anon, even if you make it matter.

It doesn't matter.
>>
>>81412199
Little bitch has a super-enhanced brain and can't deal with the multiverse.
God, what a fucking pussy. No wonder you were never born in the PROPER universe, you must have pussed out and died in the womb like the wimp you are.
>>
WHO cares
>>
File: 037947_5482350.jpg (400 KB, 1196x2572) Image search: [Google]
037947_5482350.jpg
400 KB, 1196x2572
>>
File: 1459274950157.jpg (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1459274950157.jpg
34 KB, 400x300
>>81412099
None of this matters.
>>
nonna this matters
>>
>>81412552
>>81412558
Carlmind
>>
>>81412099
Hello Turkey
>>
>>81412099
Here's the common problem with nihilists in fiction. A lot of people missed the point of what ol Freddy was actually talking about. Nietzsche's philosophy essentially boils down to "Existence is intrinsically meaningless. Thus, you should try to enjoy it and give it whatever meaning you can.". Life is pointless, have some fun before you die.

I don't know where the fuck people are getting this "Life is pointless, so you should kill everything." shit from.
>>
>>81413299
People can take the lack of meaning in the universe in their own ways.
>>
>>81413299
Well, they never pretended to fully follow nihilism either.
>>
>>81412099
I couldn't bring myself to dislike this cunt
His voice was just to damn sexy
>>
>>81412099
Who we are
>>
>>81412099
Now what happens.
>>
>>81413819
I will never
>>
>>81413299
That's active nihilism.
>>
>>81416013
GIVE UP THE FIGHT
>>
File: Untitled.png (132 KB, 465x320) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
132 KB, 465x320
>>81412099

In the dark.
>>
>>81413468
James Woods should voice everyone.
>>
>>81413299
He didn't really strike me as a true nihilist to me, he was more someone trying to cope with the true, unambiguously factual depth of his meaningless existence in the grand scheme of things. He didn't really seem to care about dying, and taking everything that ever existed with him, he just wanted to blow up the mulitverse because he could. It was in his power to destroy everything, so being the megalomaniacal cunt he was; he acted on that instinct for no other reason than to do something that'd "matter" without merely projecting his own sentimental biases into simpler feats like everyone else does.

Like Batman said, they both looked into the abyss - but he blinked.
>>
He's right though
>>
>>81412099
It didn't matter if every choice created a new universe along with every action there would have been one where he won and used the bomb and infinite more where he didn't meaning he couldn't destroy the multiverse even if he were to destroy the multiverse because everything and nothing would be destroyed at the same time making it essentially meaningless
>>
>>81417559
Oh! A piece of candy.
>>
>>81412249
The only way to deal with the multiverse is by being dumb. Good thing you got that covered.
>>
>>81412099

>we will never get a live action Rust Owlman

why live?
>>
>>81418463
they both looked into the abyss - but he blinked.
what does that even mean?
>>
>>81421343
The implication is that both saw the ultimate emptiness and meaninglessness of existence, but Batman chose to try and give existence meaning while Owlman chose to, essentially, give up and take everything with him.
>>
>>81412528
Kek fucking hell
>>
is comics owlman good?
>>
>>81412199
except he doesn't realize that making something matter is a basic survival instinct.
What does something not mattering matter? Why does he feel the need to tell people about it?

He's worst Batman, he's literally all ego and I'm-Smarter-Than-You and nothing else.
>>
>>81421343
He's calling Owlman a pussy for not being able to deal with being unimportant.
>>
File: Owlman.png (143 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
Owlman.png
143 KB, 407x405
>>81421343
It means Batman chose to get his shit together (since, guess what? Owlman's not the only faggot who noticed the philosophical implications of a multiverse), whereas Owlman decided to stay an emotionally detached cunt in the face of that revelation, and opted to kill everyone who is and ever will live over his dumb ego instead of """not mattering""" like everyone else.
>>
>>81422385
>>81421451
Batman didn't fully understand the meaninglessness of it all since he still fights for justice which is meaning. Owlman is literally anti-Batman so it was easier for him to accept no meaning of it all since he's just a variable.
>>
>>81423656
Also, Owlman's a homicidal maniac, so really, he wanted to kill everyone anyway, he just wanted it to seem really important when he did.

I guess that's really what he was getting at, anyone he killed in his universe, there would be another universe where he didn't kill them, so it would be like he never killed anyone unless he killed everyone.
>>
File: Jesus christ how horrifying.jpg (13 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
Jesus christ how horrifying.jpg
13 KB, 226x223
>>81412528
Holy shit. The best part is that he was playing the song during the thread. The fuck man.
>>
>>81412099
I always took his last words as relating more to the fact that his desired outcome is mathematically inevitable rather than a philosophical statement.

If there are infinite earths, and one core earth upon which they all rely, and each choice takes every probable outcome then the death of the multiverse is ASSURED even if it is not he who pulls the trigger.

Hell it would very likely be just another instance of him to be the ultimate murderer.

>>81413299
>Life is pointless, have some fun before you die.

Killing is fun though... well to some people anyhow. Look at Superwoman.

Many people find being powerful 'fun', so they focus on that aspect... and tend to succeed and propagate over the 'dudelolweed' variations because they value success, triumph, and dominance over sensations like pleasure or contentment.
>>
>>81420201
Except that's not how it works. If he destroys earth prime the entire multiverse disappears. That was the. Whole point of his plan. It was the ony action that would have any actual consequence
>>
>We both looked into the abyss. But you blinked

All i could think after hearing that is how much cooler that line would have sounded as spoken by Kevin Conroy
>>
So...who is your ideal Live action Owlman if ever a JLA vs Crime Syndicate were to be made? Without just simply casting Affleck as an "Evil Twin" or whatever
>>
>>81418463

Now that I think about it, Owlman just wanted to be unique. He wanted to be unique by doing the only thing in the multiuniverse that wouldn't have its opposite effect...

But how is he sure that him destroying the original Earth Prime wouldn't create a new Earth Prime in another universe: since the Multiuniverse is infinite
>>
>>81429984

I could accept every voice but Batman's. His guy was awful.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.