[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he finally coming back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
Is he finally coming back?
>>
Who is he?
>>
Stop trying to make Darth Revan come back.
He's not gonna come back.
>>
>>81380944
The biggest motherfucker in Star Wars history
>>
>>81380846
Of course not. Just start your 307th playthrough and take it like a man.
>>
>>81380961
>Star Wars Rebels last episode
>Malachor
>Mandalorian Wars
>Sith Holocron

Does that even sound to you?
>>
>>81381007
>biggest
>not Darth Bane
>>
>>81381102
Kreia reference is not a Revan reference. Begone with you.
>>
>>81381161
>Revan kicked Mandalore ass and Old republic ass
>Bane just created rule of 2

What's your point anon?
>>
>>81380944
Newfag pls
>>
>>81381102
It's not gonna happen.
He's not gonna happen.
Okay, in Rebels? Maybe, I dunno, I don't give a shit.

But the movies?
No.
"He's the bad guy in force awakens!"

Don't think we forgot your bullshit theories.

It didn't happen. It's not gonna happen. He's not gonna be live action.
There will never be a Thrawn on screen either.

Fucking give it up.
>>
>>81381237

Time to shut the fuck up
>>
>>81381237
Bane was right though.

Rule of Two lead to ultimate victory for the Sith
>>
>>81381260
I meant he will be canon again you stupid dumb fuck
>>
>>81381237
>not getting the joke
>>
>>81380846
>Is he finally coming back?
According to Pablo Hidalgo, they haven't ruled it out but they don't have any plans for him currently.
>>
>>81381237

Bitch ignorant idiot
>>
File: download_20160402_160255.png (577 KB, 1273x531) Image search: [Google]
download_20160402_160255.png
577 KB, 1273x531
>>81381237
ww
>>
>>81380944
Get out and never come back
>>
>>81381007
>Revan
>Biggest motherfucker
>Not the Exile, the one and only fucker who the Force itself is incapable of controlling
Did you not pay attention to what Kreia's been saying during the entire game?
>>
>>81381007
That would be Luke Skywalker or Darth Sidious
>>
>>81381237
>he doesn't get it
>obviously wasn't FOR HIM
>>
>>81381545
>Luke
>Darth Sidius
>Bigger than anyone from KotOR 2.
Do we seriously need to have the talk again?
The talk about the Sith Lord, who goes around, feeding his eternal hunger, by literally eating entire planets' life, flying about on the ship of the damned, a vessel completely wrecked beyond repair, flying not through a feat of engineering, but by his will alone, manned by an army of the dead, who though devoid of life, cannot pass, for he will not allow them?
Do we need to talk about the Jedi, who instead of just fulfilling the role they were born for, and becoming a mere exemplar of the Jedi, literally told the Force off, and became free of the closest thing there is of God in the Star Wars universe?

Do we need to have that talk again?

You're free to hate them, but let's not even pretend anyone from the movies comes close to them. Especially not the Emperor who needed a technological terror constructed for him, to do a shabbier job than what the Nihilus could do with his will alone, or Luke, whose sole accomplishment, was redeeming the true saviour of the galaxy, and allowing him to undo Sheev's wrinkly old ass.
>>
Didn't they ruin his character by saying he wasn't really evil or some shit?
>>
>>81381767
>my character was a billion gajillion times more super-powerful
KOTORfags everyone
>>
>>81381767
>Luke Skywalker fucked the hell up of Abeloth

Do I have to say more?
>>
>>81381849
As I said, you don't have to love it.
I didn't say I loved it either.

But you can't pretend like Sidius or Luke are "bigger motherfuckers" when KotOR 2 was built with the explicit purpose of introducing the most powerful possible beings using the Force.

Who's a better character, has a better arc, etc is a completely different question from "who's the biggest motherfucker".
>>
>>81381325
>ultimate
Lasted all of 20 or so years.
>>
>>81381957
If I'm not wrong Luke and Sheev can both manipulate freaking black holes, there it goes your bullshit
>>
File: 1373706499410.png (53 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1373706499410.png
53 KB, 212x218
>>81381767
>Sidius
>>
>>81381950
Fair point, but Luke was still a Jedi.
What I'm saying is, is that The Exile effectively turned himself into the One Punch Man of the Star Wars universe.
Utterly ridicolous, but the entire point of everything Kreia says, is that The Exile broke the Force. The Exile destroyed all connection to the Force and yet kept going, to the point where the Force itself had no control over him. The Exile broke God.
>>
>>81382008
Longer than your galactic rule, bitch.
>>
>>81382050
That's cute.
Can either of them get cut down a hundred times and just stand up without a care in the world and keep fighting?
Can either of them eat the entire universe?

Yes it's bullshit, but that's the point isn't it?
They're the biggest motherfuckers there are, and you're effectively engaged in trying to prove that your beloved characters are just as broken as the characters explicitly designed to be broken.
>>
>>81382008
At which point the two Sith turn on each other and self-destruct, ending the Sith as a functioning organization and threat, and opening the way for a restored Jedi legacy.

It's a freaking miracle the Banite Sith endured as long as they did.
>>
>>81382106
Abeloth is like a fucking chaos being or something like that and Luke still made his way out to kill her (or at least until she comes back)

All the shit Kreia say is overhyped Meetra just absorbed lots of force sensitives and beat Nihilus
>>
>>81382272
>All the shit Kreia say is overhyped Meetra just absorbed lots of force sensitives and beat Nihilus
>The Exile
>Won because she absorbed people
That's not how it works.
Again, remember: The Exile is not part of the Force no more. "Meetra" can use the Force, but no amount of power in the Force is going to suck Meetra's soul out.
Nihilus could consume entire planets in a single moment, a couple lost jedi here and there being connected to one person isn't going to stop him.
The Exile pulling a Neo and just saying No, because fuck your rules, I have protagonist powers, is.
>>
>>81382417
Still we are talking about fucking Abeloth which is probably even more powerful than The Father (maybe not) even Caedus would fuck Exila and Nihilus combined and if you dont know he became the force itself once beating the shit out of anyone he wanted
>>
>>81381198
Because building huge superweapons that shoot lightning is exactly Kreia's style, right?
>>
>>81382550
>he became the force itself once
That's very nice.
Still, let me reiterate that the thing that makes The Exile special, the reason why Kreia would as she herself said, had destroyed the galaxy for the Exile, is that the Exile (if not physically, but at least in the whole luminous beings are we part) is completely and utterly outside of the Force's jurisdiction.
Hell, by the end of the game, the Exile can casually (if you put the least amount of thought into leveling the character) stroll through Kreia's academy and kill everyone in 5 minutes.
And this she accomplished with minimal resources, having barely any, if any time at all to focus her powers, constantly on the run from the Sith.

Really the point I'm trying to make here, is that power doesn't matter.
Nihilus was much, MUCH more powerful than the Exile. The Exile, even as powerful as she got, was nowhere near "I could wipe out the galaxy by going for a walk" powerful.
And yet, she could defeat Nihilus who was.
He entire character is a giant Fuck You to everyone who gets powerful through the use of the Force, because they can't touch her.

She's outside of power levels.
>>
Is Darth Pleagueis ever going to make a canon appearance?
>>
>>81381767
The way you describe it makes KoTOR 2 sound like complete dreck. Like I've been saying forever.
>>
File: tng-gagreel_full.jpg (233 KB, 1438x1080) Image search: [Google]
tng-gagreel_full.jpg
233 KB, 1438x1080
>>81380846
You mean "Is she coming back?"
>>
>>81382979
Darth Plagueis is still a canon character so maybe
>>
>>81383088
Not necessarily. Palpatine could easily have been lying, if they want to remove Plagueis from canon.
>>
>>81383047
Did I say it wasn't?

I mean I like it, but it basically goes against anything and everything you would call Star Wars, when it comes to the core plot. If anything, it functions like some weird religious Science Fiction story, which Star Wars very much never was.
>>
>>81383135
True enough, but it's acknowledged as fact by many canon sources, including Tarkin (the book) and even the official website http://www.starwars.com/databank/darth-sidious-biography-gallery
(Click on first image, it will have a caption acknowledging Plagueis' existence.)
>>
>>81383175
Sorry. KOTOR 2 just really triggers the shit out of me. And I think it's because of what you said. It's not really Star Wars. That and it's vehement defenders online.
>>
>>81383135
Fuck that shit like really
>>
File: 1453802925243.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1453802925243.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>81383311
Oooh nice! I didn't know that. Thanks for that info, anon!
>>
>>81383407
Not him, but I think it's probably mostly the latter.
>>
>>81382883
Which is how she was effortlessly stabbed in the back, killed, and turned into a force ghost?

Face it, your super special snowflake from KoTOR2 never existed.
>>
File: T5E7qo2NQPFzF1nfNejJ_UpvOWd7X.jpg (13 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
T5E7qo2NQPFzF1nfNejJ_UpvOWd7X.jpg
13 KB, 227x222
All I want is at least an animated version of Darth Bernie running around with Zannah being badass and fucking up motherfuckers. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>81383407
Honestly, I could be defending it vehemently, if this was a discussion of anything other than Star Wars.
Again, I like it. I think what they do with what they have is nice, it's just not what it says on the cover.
And I can't honestly tell someone they're wrong for hating it because of that, when that's exactly the reason I hate Star Trek 2009 and the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies. While admitting they're doing some things very right.

>>81383537
Well, neither did the Obi-Wan Kenobi, or Anakin Skywalker we thought of when we watched the Original Trilogy.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't treat them in their own context as what they were meant to be at the time.

Also you know, one of the most powerful force ghosts who could actually do stuff, even from the great beyond because fuck the rules, I broke the Force.
>>
>>81383653
>Darth Bernie
I mean Darth Bane, of course. Wtf. I'm tired.
>>
>>81380944
Darth Sue
>>
>>81383662
She didn't fucking "break the Force". Kriea was a liar and a retard, and the Exile was ultimately irrelevant to anything and everything outside of KoTOR 2's self contained plot.
>>
>>81383813
Right, because if a future writer shits all over everything another writer established, that means the original work is null and void.
I'm sure there is no part of the Star Wars Legends canon- or any canon really where you would insist its the other way around.
>>
>>81380846
Do you think Disney ripped KOTOR from canon to bring it back?
>>
KotOR II is a bit too far out into the EU world of bullshittery with regard to its nonsense superpowers, but the first one's basically just a rogue Jedi decides to LARP as a Sith to scare the galaxy into militarizing so it doesn't get caught unawares later and his retard best friend takes the joke too far.
>>
>>81384213
>Implying they haven't laread

>Old Republic flags in TFA
>Old Republic ships in Rebels
>Sith Academy at Malachor
>TFA revolves around the plot of tretrieving a shattered map, which just so happens to point into the same part of the Galaxy where the Rakatan homeworld was in KotOR, where Luke went in search of "The First Jedi Temple", though it could be any number of other things he went looking for
>Starkiller harnesses suns with the same effect as the Star Forge, only it also sucks them in completely
>One of the pieces on the Soundtrack has a segment dangerously reminiscent of Jeremy Soule's Knights of the Old Republic theme.
>>
>>81384501
>laread
Time for bed apparently.
>>
>>81384501
They have to bring references in attempt to comfort the angry fans. The official word from The Big Mouse is "KOTOR is not canon".

The only sensible option is to ignore what Disney says.
>>
>>81380846
Is that Samuel L. Jackson? Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>81384567
Jar Jar will always be canon.

Jar Jar will always be the key to all this.
>>
>>81384872
Jar Jar had his decent moments. And the character being "the worst thing ever" is a meme.
>>
File: customize your wedding.jpg (29 KB, 400x454) Image search: [Google]
customize your wedding.jpg
29 KB, 400x454
>>81383049
Reven should've been a girl
Exile should've been a guy
>>
>>81385300
I mean, Revan
>>
>>81385300
But Revan was an all right character while Exile was a shit.
>>
>>81380846
>see this thread in the catalog
>66 replies
>6 images

I'm hopeful
>>
>>81384053
Shitting over shit is an unnecessary endeavor.
>>
>>81380846
>he
>>
File: HK-47.jpg (22 KB, 302x305) Image search: [Google]
HK-47.jpg
22 KB, 302x305
>>81385598
Of course he.
What, do you think OP would get excited about REVAN?!
Really?
The real question, is whether or not the only character connected to Revan who matters, is coming back.

Is he?
Is he coming back?
>>
>>81383407
But I like it precisely because it's not Star Wars for once.

I really wish we could get more one-offs or miniseries in SW that tries to provoke thought about what the Force really means instead of "OH MAN THEY BROUGHT BACK MAUL AGAIN HE'S THE COOLEST" shit.
>>
>>81381102
>Malachor
Rebels Malachor isn't KOTOR Malachor
>Mando Wars
Never said anything about mandalorians in the episode
>Sith holocron
Could be literally any siths

Fuck off with the rest of the "muh canon" Revan faggots.
>>
>>81386423
Different Anon, but:
>Rebels Malachor isn't KOTOR Malachor
That's not necessarily true.
It is not Malachor 5, that's for sure, but there are Malachors 1-4 and possibly beyond to consider, not forgetting a possible Yavin or Endor type set up.
>Never said anything about Mandalorians
1) Rex
2) There was plenty said abut Malachor earlier in Clone Wars, which is still canon.
>Could be literally any Siths
This one is true.
>>
>>81381260
not a single person is suggesting any of that shit. project more faggot.
>>
File: DarthRevanHiddenEmpire.png (410 KB, 439x930) Image search: [Google]
DarthRevanHiddenEmpire.png
410 KB, 439x930
>>81386423
For what it's worth the Mandalorian Wars is more or less referenced in The Clone Wars. As in the Mandalorians have had several conflicts against the Jedi and even sacked their temple at least once. That's where the Dark Saber game from. And Revan was almost in the Mortis arc along with Bane. Lucas was cool with it until he worried it could confuse people as he didn't want Sith Ghosts seen as a thing. This is for the best as far as I'm concerned, the bane design they ended up using in Season 6 was far superior.
>>
>>81386423
You stupid, the pyramid weapon makes a reference to what happened after Malachor 5 which destroyed the entire planet's life
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.