[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on writers doing shit like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: memes.jpg (90 KB, 651x768) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
90 KB, 651x768
What's your opinion on writers doing shit like this?
>>
>>81380274
it's shitty internet humour. I expect better from professionals than aping a gaggle of morons

I want to say that's why I've enjoyed recent parodies less than older ones (Hot Shot, Airplane!, Spaceballs)
>>
Using female superheroes? Dispicable.
>>
>>81380421

>I expect better from professionals than aping a gaggle of morons

Donald Trump is currently running for the Presidency of the United States entirely on memes.
>>
>>81380274

It makes me realize that writers are internet dwelling morons just like me.

It doesn't make me feel good about myself or the industry.
>>
Anybody got more examples?
I remember a Deadpool vs Hulk cover that was quite cringe-worthy
>>
File: 1392079376286.jpg (169 KB, 527x513) Image search: [Google]
1392079376286.jpg
169 KB, 527x513
>>81380677

What about stuff like this?
>>
>>81380677
>Anybody got more examples?

"It's actually about ethics in hammer weilding" in fucking impact font in the Loki comic last year.
>>
>>81380274
...Did they just mean posing next to a dog, or taking the knot?

With Arcade and what happened to the Avengers Academy, I'm no longer sure.
>>
>>81381214
What happened to the Avengers Academy?
>>
It's bad.

For a reference to be actually good and not just a cheap attempt at a laugh it has to be funny EVEN IF YOU DON'T GET THE REFERENCE.

This is why Airplane! is still funny thirty-five years later even though what it references went out of circulation decades ago, and most parody movies are fucking awful crap that are "remember [thing]?" for two hours.
>>
>>81381864 posted before finishing.

...and comics are the same. In fact I'd say comics are worse with it. Who is gonna get that joke in the op besides people who browse the internet, and even then only people who browse certain forums?
>>
>>81381585
I think it still technically exists in canon but nobody ever mentions it or cares about it.
>>
>>81381585
They all got kidnapped and became a Hunger Games ripoff.
Then the survivors tracked down Arcade and tried to kill him, I think. Whatever happened, they got away with it.
>>
>>81381864
No it doesn't. Plenty of things can be referenced, and will only be understood by people who get the reference. That's like complaining about not being in the know.
>>
File: fortress.jpg (169 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
fortress.jpg
169 KB, 900x1384
>>81380677
In another issue of Avengers Academy, they tell Mettle that he's a meme on 4chan which was like, an actual reference to /co/ making shoops of his face on other characters.
>>
>>81382096
I don't mean in that particular comic, I mean what happened to the series
>>
File: ooka.png (904 KB, 644x601) Image search: [Google]
ooka.png
904 KB, 644x601
XD
>>
>>81382165
It was cancelled, doy.
The series went completely down hill after the Fear Itself tie-in. They destroyed the Infinite Avengers Mansion and moved the school to the West Coast Avengers compound.

Then they crossed over with The X-men, the Runaways, the x-men again, x-23 joined the school, then there was an AvX tie in which basically killed the book.

Long story short, the X-Men ruined it like the X-Men ruin everything.
>>
>>81382227
I laughed because of how stupid that looks.
>>
>>81382227
>Bendis
>>
>>81381964
Who exactly do you think read superhero comics?
Only retards, is the answer.
>>
>>81382356
That was Humphries, I think.
>>
>>81382227
God helped me I laughed
>>
>>81383067
kys
>>
>>81383154
it's way too stupid to take seriously. it's almost Heathcliff-tier
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.